Clear All

Asian Poker Tour High Roller

1. Name :Gary Thompson

2. Event : Asian Poker Tour Manila High Roller

3. Entry fee : $4300

4. Percentage looking to sell : 50%

5. Cost per % :$43

6. Any Mark Up : no

7. Hendon Mob Profile :http://pokerdb.thehendonmob.com/player.php?a=r&n=227998

8. Means of money transfer : Stars: GaryT20, 888: GaryT20, PM for Skrill or Bank Transfer

9. Any other info : Details of the event http://www.theasianpokertour.com/apt...nes-2#schedule

10. Steps to confirm sale: Post in thread and send. I will confirm when booked.

I played the last High roller in this series albeit a smaller buy in. Had all the chips at the FT before punting off pretty hard.

Fields expected to be similar to that around 30-40 players is what I'm being told.

This is going to be the highest buy in I've played so it's a bit of a shot. Been playing a lot online and doing tonnes of work on my game so feeling pretty confident.

95% sure I'm playing regardless of what I sell. Unless the field is insanely tough looking then i might skip it.

10% gone privately
    5% swapped.

35% remaining.

1% = $43
    5%= $215

Reserve 20 pls. I'll take 10 for sure will confirm the other 10 later

Comment

I'll take 5% please

Comment

sent for 20 gl

Comment

I'll take 5% please. I'll PM you for bank details
          Last edited by millhousegirl; 14-04-15, 21:12. Reason: Decided to take 5% rather than 3%

Comment

10% gone privately recv'd
            5% swapped.
            20% Marc recv'd
            5% Zipppy
            5% millhousegirl.

5 left. will try post updates in here during it if anything exciting is happening.

Comment

I'll take it

Comment

Didn't get many runners. Field was pretty terrible too. If I'd have known it would be this field would probably of skipped it. instead started it 4 handed with 1 fish and 1 bad reg, me and a good reg. easily chipped up to 35k from 25k start stack while shorthanded. Then a group of germans showed up who all seem good.

Lost a lot of pots then 1 of the germans spazzed a stack to me so probably 1/9 now. only got 18 or so runners. its playing out tonight so will post updates when i can. Think top 3 pay. Havent seen payouts but should be 36k or so uptop.

Comment

Ended up 7th. Pretty annoyed as just couldn't win a pot for the next 4 levels after dinner. The 2 toughest guys busted 8th and 9th.

Some hands if anybody cares:

SPOILER

This hand is kinda relevant as i reckon after this the table thought I was kinda bad.

Get moved to a new table at 400 800 100. i have 24k. I defend bb from utg open 6 handed. with 86dd. Flop AT7ssd. Goes check/check. Bit surprised he checked back this. I've played with him briefly earlier in the day and he cbet K5s on AK2r in position. Turns a Jx anyway. Pretty good board to bet small turn then bomb river on anything that completes draws. I bet 2k into 4400. He calls.I should be able to bomb a lot of rivers and get folds the majority of the time. River is 4s completing the flush draw from flop. I bet 8k into 8400 and he snap jams. I didn't hollywood and snap mucked.

Since that i hand i opened a lot and defended a few times but always had to c/f a few bad boards.

So I'd presume the villan in this hand doesn't think I'm very good. He just doubled me a few hands before this defending q6o and c/jamming a 6 high flop for like 18bbs.

I min open KK still at 4 8. He 3bets the big to 5k. I had exactly 27k to start the hand. Kinda spot. As I can't 4bet small without look super nutted and don't want to jam as I felt he had a lot of bluffs. So I call. Then he c/jams QT9r i obviously snap and he has J7o

Nothing too interesting happened from here until 9 left when i updated.

I had position on the guy from the above hand. He was opening well over 30% when folded to him in any position. Not folding to 3bets. Seemed to barrel off 90% of hands he was in pos. Or c/r minimum 50% of flops whenever he defended. So I just basically nitted up.

There was only 1 other guy who was reasonably active. Seemed to open wider from utg than anywhere else and i absolutely butchered a hand against him. He opens utg 8 handed. I 3bet CO with AK with K of diamonds. he called we are like 60bbs effective.

Flop is 895ddd and for some reason I check back. My thinking at the time was I can call down on some runouts and he may bluff diamonds but think this is really bad. Turn is a Jx. He goes big like 70% of pot. I should probably just fold here as weak as it is. He's never giving up on any blank rivers. I convince myself I have to peel 1. Rivers a 5 pairing the board and he bets like 70% again. I had myself and fold. Think that was probably the worst hand I've played in a long time.

I just generally trend downwards from here over the next 2 levels. Losing small pot after small pot. German guy to my right is still opening every hand. I think I tried 2 light 3bets with a blocker and both times he 4bet.

I end up with 34k at 8 16. German guy opens utg+1 7 handed. I reshove 55. He tanks for 3mins and calls AQs.

Lost that flip anyway.

Just wanted to type as kinda annoyed after that.

Comment

Working...
                  X