6 Nations betting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

6 Nations betting

Anyone want to share their thoughts for overall markets and individual match markets?

Wales to beat England looks tempting. No way should England be favourites here IMO.

During the Magners League/Ken Kup/Anglo Welsh doodah the Welsh have been looking to win, and improve, and I can't but feel that this will benefit them on the bigger stage.

England have been poor as poor can be all season, and I don't buy the arguements that they're peaking at the right time, because they're not, and they won't. England will in all likelihood lose 3 of their 5 games, and struggle in at least one of the other 2.

In fact, and I haven't looked at the fixtures being honest, if England are away to Italy I'll be having a bet on the Italians; the English don't have the forwards to compete this year.
    Hey buddy, did ya get that thing I sent ya?

Comment

All signs point to this being one of the tightest 6 Nations in years, especially with teams looking to build for next year's RWC. I can't see any team running in a Grand Slam.

Grand Slam no winner is available at 4/6 in a lot of places, and I really feel this is a good price.

I also think a decent spread on Wales and France in the market for "Which Team to score the most points in a single game" is worthwhile.

Arguably, Ireland should be up there too, but historically the teams will put up the big scores vs Italy, and Ireland have them as their first game, which is (again) historically when Italy have their best performances.

I can't really see an outright winner, as some games will be too close to call. However, I think a small accum on Ireland, Wales and France to win this weekend @ 3.5 is a decent bet alright. With English bookies, they always over rate England's chance and therefore under rate the opposition. I can't really see Wales losing to an England team that has serious selection issues.

Comment

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eIxe5ooQtqI"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eIxe5ooQtqI[/ame]

Comment

^^Actually can't watch that video without getting goosebumps. Its so amazing.

It sucks that the france and england matches are both away. Thinking of going to the italy one this saturday as i dont think it will be sold out and the wales one. But id prob have to book the tickets for the wales game. Wheres the best place to get tickets for it?

Comment

Originally posted by emmet02 View Post
            All signs point to this being one of the tightest 6 Nations in years, especially with teams looking to build for next year's RWC. I can't see any team running in a Grand Slam.

Grand Slam no winner is available at 4/6 in a lot of places, and I really feel this is a good price.
            Didn't think this was a great price. If Wales cause no upsets then I think the Ireland/France match could well determine whether a Grand Slam is on the cards for either.

Comment

Someone care to share their thoughts as to why France are shorter for the outright than Ireland, but the same price for the Grand Slam?
              Foldaramus et foldarabimus

Comment

Originally posted by TommyGunne View Post
                Someone care to share their thoughts as to why France are shorter for the outright than Ireland, but the same price for the Grand Slam?
                I imagine its because of match points.

Assuming both Ireland and france are equally likely to win a slam, they are both equally likely to be joint the top of the table on points. However;
                France score more points than Ireland over the lower ranked teams, so, if there is no GS, it comes down to points scored and France will pip ireland.

Comment

I think France will do the grand slam this year. I don't think there is much between us, France and England but there is a gap after that. France have the advantage this year though of having us and England in Paris as well as Italy.

I'll start with a 100 point bank for Rugby this year too.

I recommend
                  5pt France Grand Slam @ 6.2 on Betfair

This weekend
                  5pt treble Ireland, France, England @ 2.19

Also starting shortly is the Super 14 season in the southern hemisphere. The stupidity of New Zealand rugby and rugby coaches never ceases to amaze me and still the New Zealand teams are favourites to win this most years.
                  The key to this competition is winning on the road, and the teams that do better are the ones with great no.10s. Thats why I think the Bulls who won the league stage last year are a great bet to repeat, in Morne Steyn they have imo the best no.10 in the world today but they also have other excellent kickers in Jaco van der Westhuyzen and Zane Kirchner.
                  The market isn't fairly priced up on Betfair but they are currently 6/1 with Ladbrokes and maybe better will be available next week.

I recommend
                  2pts Bulls to win Super 14 regular season @ 6/1(minimum)
                  'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

Originally posted by eagle eye View Post

5pt treble Ireland, France, England @ 2.19
                    Nah, England can't win.
                    I believe them to be the better team, but I backed Wales earlier in the week with the intention to Hedge it off once the "ZOMG!!! England" wore off the early prices. It hasn't wore off.

So i'm stuck with letting it ride on wales (I could lay it off and take a hit)
                    I'm trying to be positive this week, so ship shape wales please

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                      Nah, England can't win.
                      I believe them to be the better team, but I backed Wales earlier in the week with the intention to Hedge it off once the "ZOMG!!! England" wore off the early prices. It hasn't wore off.

So i'm stuck with letting it ride on wales (I could lay it off and take a hit)
                      I'm trying to be positive this week, so ship shape wales please
                      I can see Wales running them very close.

Comment

Fancy France for the Slam at 4/1.

Going to chance my arm with Wales -8pts to beat England. Outside chance but 13/2 isn't a bad prince for it.

Can't see much value in the Irish game but for an interest I'll throw a small bet on them to beat Italy by 11-20 points @ 5/2. (Just inside the handicap)

Thats me three bets for the weekend.

BTW. Was supposed to be flying up to Dublin today for the weekend. Sickness has gotten in the way so if you know anyone who is interested in 1/2 tickets for the Italy match (Premium seats, together, Davin stand, €100 Face Value).
                        The tickets are with a mate in Dublin. Would like to get face value but PM any offers.

Comment

Anybody want a handicap wager on the Ireland-Italy game?

I'd like to take Italy +21 points @ Even money (boyles prices), for €50...

Transfer by Boyle preferable but can arrange other poker sites too, if needed.

Comment

Thoughts on this treble folks

Italy (+21), Wales (+4), France (-7)

6/1

Comment

Originally posted by lee_arama View Post
                              Anybody want a handicap wager on the Ireland-Italy game?

I'd like to take Italy +21 points @ Even money (boyles prices), for €50...

Transfer by Boyle preferable but can arrange other poker sites too, if needed.
                              Booked if you like?

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post

6/1
                                I'll lay that for up to €100 if you want?

Comment

Booked if you like?
                                  I like. Best of luck me. 2 for 3 so far so here's hoping.

Comment

6/1
                                    I think it's a good price. I certainly think Italy will beat their line, and am convinced Wales will waltz their one. One has to assume the French can manage theirs as well since they're 6 nations favourites. Might have a taste if the basketball goes my way tonight.
                                    Last edited by lee_arama; 05-02-10, 14:53.

Comment

6/1
                                      Like it. Think I'll get a few quid on this too. Price is better than I thought it would be.

Comment

6/1
                                        6/1? Get the bet on with Boyles and get 7/1. All their bets on the handicap are at even money.

Comment

I've got 9/1 on victorchandler with

Italy(+20) France (-7) and Wales (no handicap)

Comment

I got a premonition, Ireland to win the slam again. I think Thierry Henry being a cheater will give the lads the motivation to beat the frog eating surrender monkeys. So Kidney shows the Ireland/France football match the day before the game and fires up the lads to whoop them. That was my dream anyway

Comment

Price corrected = profit

Comment

Ireland -11 in the second half, is the only rugby bet for me this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by The C Kid View Post
                                                  Ireland -11 in the second half, is the only rugby bet for me this weekend.
                                                  You doing the fantasy league thing? Want to take up the 50euro bet im offering?

Comment

Originally posted by Eddie Durkin View Post
                                                    You doing the fantasy league thing? Want to take up the 50euro bet im offering?
                                                    Yeah, fifty head to head is fine.

No need to escrow, just ship after I presume?

Comment

Yeah, fifty head to head is fine.

No need to escrow, just ship after I presume?
                                                      Sound.

Yeah if i lose ill get you a UKASH Voucher for your stars account or deposit in a Boyles shop for you..

Comment

Originally posted by Eddie Durkin View Post
                                                        Sound.

Yeah if i lose ill get you a UKASH Voucher for your stars account or deposit in a Boyles shop for you..
                                                        Cool, booked, and good luck.

Comment

I think we need to put together a database of users here who are generally looking to back/lay on various markets, so that we can PM ppl when we're offering odds.

I mean, a PM is hardly an inconvenience, and no need to reply if you don't want to take/make the bet.

Comment

i was going to put 50 on ireland winning the grand slam @5/1 on pp but by the time i had the money lodged paddy had removed page and now i can't find it.
                                                            so if anyone wants to give me those odds on here i will do $50 and could transfer money on ft or stars when the bet matures

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

Well of course the page was gone - the game had started. Noone'll give you 5-1 now I would think. Check Betfair and try there.

Comment

Originally posted by eight-ball View Post
                                                                i was going to put 50 on ireland winning the grand slam @5/1 on pp but by the time i had the money lodged paddy had removed page and now i can't find it.
                                                                so if anyone wants to give me those odds on here i will do $50 and could transfer money on ft or stars when the bet matures
                                                                I'll give you 9/2?

Comment

I'll give you 9/2?

pm sent

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

England are such an awful price today. I'd be even more balls deep if I could.

Comment

England are such an awful price. I'd be even more balls deep if I could.
                                                                      You think they're over or underrated?

I see this every single year with England, that their hype machine manages to come all the way through to their odds. Its fantastic for us.

Same applies, and even more so, to their boxers!

Comment

Originally posted by emmet02 View Post
                                                                        You think they're over or underrated?

I see this every single year with England, that their hype machine manages to come all the way through to their odds. Its fantastic for us.

Same applies, and even more so, to their boxers!
                                                                        Overrated hugely. They are a terrible price.

Balls at risk. Would like safe return.

Comment

Yeah I'm heavily invested in Wales here too. Can't believe the value there.
                                                                          "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

HT 13-3 to England...

Wales yet to really get going.

Comment

#39
                                                                              You just never know with England

Comment

#40
                                                                                Can't believe how bad Wales were, and they still should have won it...
                                                                                "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

#41
                                                                                  I actually thought Wales played well and deserved to win. A cracking game of rugby though.

Comment

#42
                                                                                    NVM
                                                                                    Last edited by Semibluff; 07-02-10, 12:43.
                                                                                    GAA News Website

Comment

#43
                                                                                      France on the handicap is a gift today imo. They will easily overcome it and beat Scotland comfortably.

Comment

#44
                                                                                        Looking to bet France -6 for 50euro at 13/10 for 50euro

Anyone want to lay me?

Scotland currently 3-0 up

Comment

#45
                                                                                          Same bet same price but france -13 now ill take

Comment

#46
                                                                                            I'll give you -13 @ 13/10 for your €38 against my €50, if you want?

Comment

#47
                                                                                              Originally posted by lee_arama View Post
                                                                                              I'll give you -13 @ 13/10 for your €38 against my €50, if you want?
                                                                                              Booked

Comment

#48
                                                                                                Originally posted by JustMac View Post
                                                                                                Fancy France for the Slam at 4/1.

Going to chance my arm with Wales -8pts to beat England. Outside chance but 13/2 isn't a bad prince for it.

Can't see much value in the Irish game but for an interest I'll throw a small bet on them to beat Italy by 11-20 points @ 5/2. (Just inside the handicap)

Thats me three bets for the weekend.
                                                                                                Also did the suggestion:
                                                                                                Italy (+21), Wales (+4), France (-7) @7/1

Man, am I a pissed that Wales couldn't find anything against England. Thought they played well but just not good enough. Would have been a bumber weekend if that had come in! At least the Irish bet covered most of my losses on the Treble and Wales bet.

Comment

#49
                                                                                                  Won just under 300 from my pool chelsea dble but im so pissed off. I keep separate results for bets under 100euro and bets over 100euro. The bets under im on a 800 downswing in 4 weeks. The france match today was a typical example. Total joke. France should have had 30+ points. 3 times they were inside the 22 ready to go over and they fumbled the ball. Or kicking when they should have just been running.

Decided im not doing any small bets again.

Comment

#50
                                                                                                    I think you were just haunted by some poor luck with France. I mean, just after the bet was booked France were 15-6 up and coasting. I went out for a walk thinking I was done. Came back now to see a rearguard action to deny any further humiliation.

Comment

#51
                                                                                                      Cool, booked, and good luck.
                                                                                                      Whats your name in the fantasy league?

Comment

#52
                                                                                                        Whats everyone thinking for the weekend handicaps?

Wales (-10) (-9 at Ladbrokes and -11 with PP)
                                                                                                        Italy (+14) (+15 at PP)
                                                                                                        Ireland (+5 or +6)
                                                                                                        Last edited by jack90210; 10-02-10, 13:52.

Comment

#53
                                                                                                          Scotland +10 is the value in that match definately imo.

France, Ireland match is so hard to decide on. France could have slaughtered Scotland only for alot of mistakes. If they play the same against ireland they will be beat. However Ireland have only won once or sumthing in a big number of years at the stade. Ill go for France -5 in this match.

Italy, England match is also hard to decide on. While England played good vs Wales, going to Italy is never easy as Italy are just a pure defensive team. Ive no doubt England will win but Im not sure about the -15. I think ill take Italy +15 in this match but im sure England will still grind out a win.

Comment

#54
                                                                                                            Ireland +5 surely?

Comment

#55
                                                                                                              France is the only one out of them I like I think.

I'm willing to lay Ireland +6 at 10/11 for up to €250 if anyone wants? Backing up opinions with money FTW!

Comment

#56
                                                                                                                Originally posted by eoghan104 View Post
                                                                                                                Ireland +5 surely?
                                                                                                                Yeah your right sorry. I'll edit now.

Comment

#57
                                                                                                                  France is the only one out of them I like I think.

I'm willing to lay Ireland +6 at 10/11 for up to €250 if anyone wants? Backing up opinions with money FTW!
                                                                                                                  I will take the €250 on Ireland +6, can we agree on evens as it is available at this price with VC, let me know either way.

Comment

#58
                                                                                                                    Originally posted by jackyback View Post
                                                                                                                    I will take the €250 on Ireland +6, can we agree on evens as it is available at this price with VC, let me know either way.
                                                                                                                    Yeah cool. The evens is fine.

Comment

#59
                                                                                                                      Yeah cool. The evens is fine.
                                                                                                                      Booked, over in Manchester this weekend so we can sort shippage to the winner when i get back. Good luck.

Comment

#60
                                                                                                                        Id be all over this, I really like Ireland +6 here.

What bookies are going +6 even at 10/11?

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                        X