Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Arazi View Post
    Folks,

Rob is in a meeting for the next while so he has asked me to do an update on the rebate issue so I'm going to do it in the private forum. I'll have it there in 5 mins.

Mods would it be possible to add anyone who has joined in week 2 to the private forum please.
    Not a bit early to go behind closed doors? I understand there may be terms of any deal that can't be publicised but can't we stay here for a while without full details going up here?

Some people haven't booked shares for this week yet, only because they've been waiting to see if there's a rebate, for example. Now they'll be locked out.

Equally, some people who have reserved shares may end up not being in position to follow through and actually cough up. Could see it getting messy if we then need to get people's access to private forum rescinded etc.

We're still 46 hours off original deadline for purchasing shares.

Just thinking aloud...

Comment

Originally posted by Arazi View Post
      Folks,

Rob is in a meeting for the next while so he has asked me to do an update on the rebate issue so I'm going to do it in the private forum. I'll have it there in 5 mins.

Mods would it be possible to add anyone who has joined in week 2 to the private forum please.
      I'll add the extra people this evening when I get to a pc as it's awkward from my phone.

Comment

1 more share rob please. Monies sent.
        No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

I assume Arazi has his reasons for it being behind closed doors?
          This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
          All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
          The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

If Arazi get's a sweet deal then why not keep it behind closed door's?
            Other syndicates snooping may see the deal and apply for it which will maximize their chance of winning. We don't what that do we.

Comment

Sorry KP, I only read your reply there. I think when we know exactly what we are doing (later this afternoon) we can post it here if thats okay.

Comment

I will take an additional 27.42 shares please, so 30 shares total.
                I will lodge €1,573.05 today.
                Thanks guys.

Comment

Rob, I've left the dough for my two additional shares with one ill cat - seems a good few in work here are involved as there is a bit of a buzz going

Comment

Not sure how many new shares I'll be taking probably another 5 or 6

I'll ship from an AIB tomorrow
                    Turning millions into thousands

Comment

I'll take 2 shares, can u send on your bank details?

Comment

shipped 115 should have 3 shares now
                        ty

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                          I'll add the extra people this evening when I get to a pc as it's awkward from my phone.
                          If someone can stick up a list of new subs needing access I can get this done over the afternoon.

Comment

Just saw this......

Seems to be well run !!
                            Do not think I could do a better job myself.

Can I join ?

How much per share & Bank details to pay ??

Comment

You'll probably need it Rob, so I've given you a bigger PM allowance as I'm sure you've been getting or sending a lot recently.

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                                If someone can stick up a list of new subs needing access I can get this done over the afternoon.
                                His recent spreadsheet is split by the people who entered this week or last. Those who are in this week (on the right hand side of his list) but not on the list for last week are the extra. If you do some, can you keep track of the names so we don't look to do them again?

Comment

Originally posted by kpnuts View Post
                                  I will take an additional 27.42 shares please, so 30 shares total.
                                  I will lodge €1,573.05 today.
                                  Thanks guys.
                                  Lodged. Ref kpnuts

Comment

3K shipped Rob, should turn up tomorrow, max I could do online.
                                    Gonna try hit the bank a bit later on.

Edit: Ref is Shadowless obv

Comment

Ok, this might sound silly but here goes....

If we win the Scoop and lets say its 12 million, I'm expecting we could have at least 10 other winners also seen as most people appear to have the same idea as us???

So that means 1.2 million for each winner, our team having 500 members.

At the moment we our heading towards 500 shares, so 1.2 million divided by 500 =
                                      €2400 per/share. Yes brilliant profit.

This is total guess work..

So the more shares we have the less return per/share at the end, should we have a max no. of shares on offer? say 500. How much should we invest as a group? is 30k a max?

Any views? The above might seem really negative or positive.

Comment

More shares in issues = more chance of return.
                                        I make we will have at least 20/1 shot at binking.
                                        57@20/1 is about 1140.
                                        At your calculations still serious value in this.

Comment

Originally posted by Ollie View Post
                                          If we win the Scoop and lets say its 12 million, I'm expecting we could have at least 10 other winners also seen as most people appear to have the same idea as us???
                                          Could be more, could be less. More shares = more unusual permutations = higher chance of having the whole jackpot to ourselves = higher chance of hookers for all.
                                          "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Okay all from robs list posted at 11,14 should now have access to scoop forum.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnOB View Post
                                              57@20/1 is about 1140.
                                              agreed there is value, but if I win the lotto, I prefer to win it the week that I'm the only winner....lol

Comment

Originally posted by Ollie View Post
                                                Ok, this might sound silly but here goes....

So that means 1.2 million for each winner, our team having 500 members.

At the moment we our heading towards 500 shares, so 1.2 million divided by 500 =
                                                €2400 per/share. Yes brilliant profit.

This is total guess work..

So the more shares we have the less return per/share at the end, should we have a max no. of shares on offer? say 500. How much should we invest as a group? is 30k a max?

Any views? The above might seem really negative or positive.
                                                This is just a personal view but I think the bigger our pool the more chance we have of winning (obviously). However depending on the makeup of the races and the final size of our pool we may have to Dbl cover ourselves on the Favs in case winning the Scoop6 with a line of favourites looks like it mightn't even cover us (a single perm of the front 3 in the betting in each race will cost £1458).
                                                There will be some really poor lines this week. Lst Saturday I spent the day in betting shops across London and all of their Screens and Audio were Scoop6 mania. There were suggested perms from Pricewise and several other tipsters/racing personalities, I'm sure this week will be even worse and the tabloids will prob be the same. Hitting one of those lines would not give us a big payout.

Comment

1 share please!!

I've given €57.38 cash to oneillcat who will forward it on to NFR.

Thanks guys
                                                  Last edited by Ste05; 20-05-14, 14:41. Reason: .28 -> .38

Comment

Sent for 1 additional share

Comment

Originally posted by Ste05 View Post
                                                      1 share please!!

I've given €57.28 cash to oneillcat who will forward it on to NFR.

Thanks guys
                                                      Only people who have posted in the last 9 months are allowed to get involved

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                                        Could be more, could be less. More shares = more unusual permutations = higher chance of having the whole jackpot to ourselves = higher chance of hookers for all.
                                                        I love the above statement lol

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                                          Only people who have posted in the last 9 months are allowed to get involved

This has to be a good sign so!!

Comment

Originally posted by Ste05 View Post
                                                            1 share please!!

I've given €57.38 cash to oneillcat who will forward it on to NFR.

Thanks guys
                                                            Well now, this is now officially huge Ste has been summoned up from whatever deep cavern he's been hiding in
                                                            Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                                              To that end I'm in for another 100 shares.

Have shipped 11k total today, will do the balance tomorrow.

Comment

just back at base now, will update all soon.
                                                                with regard to our pool, the more money we have in, the more chance we have of winning, given its not been won at all in 12 weeks, its not that likely that there will be too many winners diluting our prize, and even if there is, we will have a strategy where we cover lines which lead to a smaller payout twice, hense getting double, and remember if we win we also get a shot at the 3.5m bonus pool the following week for free.

thanks to Arazi for all the phoning etc he did today while I was busy for a few hours.

Comment

Originally posted by BigBadPat View Post
                                                                  Just saw this......

Seems to be well run !!
                                                                  Do not think I could do a better job myself.

Can I join ?

How much per share & Bank details to pay ??
                                                                  I'll take 2 shares,
                                                                  Will transfer €114.76 from AIB to AIB when you send on your bank details.

Comment

Hi Rob, I'll take one share please. Could you pm me your bank details when you get a chance. Thanks for being the dream maker.

Comment

I'll have one share just to be involved if I'm not too late, pm me the bank details if its ok.

@Kev/5star, no need to give me access to the forum, I'll sort that myself.

Comment

I know nothing about horses but I'm excited.

Fair play to the guys doing all the heavy lifting with this and allowing a bum like me to get in on the action with no rake or charge for their time and expertise.

As for the discussions re rakeback and what sort of options would be better etc. this quote comes to mind....

Now giddy up!!

Come Saturday evening we'll all be wearing these...

Last edited by V for Vendetta; 20-05-14, 15:54.
                                                                        ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

I'm back in for 2 or 3 more

Will sort out how/how much and let you know tomorrow

Comment

Originally posted by JP Poker View Post
                                                                            HI Rob,

6 Shares please.

going to ship you the money via boba_fett3099
                                                                            I will ship for JPs 6 shares in the morning.

Still have to confirm how many extra I will take in total. Will let you know tomorrow evening.

Comment

Will confirm our further shares by Wednesday night. Would imagine it will be ~20.

Thanks again to Rob and Arazi for all the work.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadowless View Post
                                                                                To that end I'm in for another 100 shares.

Have shipped 11k total today, will do the balance tomorrow.
                                                                                Guessing this is Shadowless from boards? You guys helping with the selections?

Comment

Comment

we are over 35k already !!
                                                                                    the above is up to date as of now, phew !
                                                                                    a lot of work is going on behind the scenes here regarding getting the best value for our bet, security of our bet and selection strategy.

Comment

57@20/1 is about 1140.
                                                                                      not sure if serio
                                                                                      X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                                      Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Booking 8 shares pls, will ship tomorrow.

As it stands anyone with a single share in the syndicate owns 0.16% of the ticket and that's going to get diluted a lot further between now and Thursday.

Maybe it could be time to bring forward the deadline for purchase to keep the 'small guys' with a somewhat meaningful stake.

Comment

Rob, are you likely to get some high bank charges for all these transfers?

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                                                                                            Rob, are you likely to get some high bank charges for all these transfers?
                                                                                            possibly, i was kinda hoping not !

Comment

Ive included an extra 20c with both my transfers to cover charges. Yer wan in the bank said that should cover.
                                                                                              This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                                                              All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                                              The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Originally posted by Norwichfanrob View Post
                                                                                                possibly, i was kinda hoping not !
                                                                                                Should be some sort of admin deduction from the pot in my very humble opinion to cover them and any other associated costs

Edit, teresea's 20cent can be rubbed on titties also

Comment

Will take a further 5 shares tomorrow.

Comment

Could some kind soul give me access to the private forum please?

Comment

I'm glad we didn't win last week. The buzz of this is deadly.

My only gripe is I'll be out of contact for most of Sat when all the craziness will happen.
                                                                                                      I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                                                        Guessing this is Shadowless from boards? You guys helping with the selections?
                                                                                                        The one and only.
                                                                                                        I have no input into the selections whatsover (thankfully) and any maths grunt I could add is already surpassed by HiCloy's input.

Re: Syndicate Size
                                                                                                        Obviously there is a size beyond which a syndicate is too large (as in the next line is -ev) but I don't think we're close to that yet.
                                                                                                        I ran our work syndicate last week. It was all very last minute, stuck alot of the favourites as B selections, alot of the next tier down as A's and covered all A's, 5A's and 1 B and 4A's and 2B's.
                                                                                                        At the end of the day though there was alot of cross coverage with HiCloy's picks and I ended up thinking I would of been way better off just handing our money over to him to stick on.
                                                                                                        That extra cash may have meant we stuck with Front Page News and Llanarmon Lad.
                                                                                                        Still wouldn't have done the business but that's 2 winners that may have stayed in for us if we'd joined forces.

If the syndicate keeps growing I'd say we're likely to cover maybe 8% of the distribution.
                                                                                                        If we guesstimate 50% edge that means you're getting 18-1 on a 12-1 shot. That's obviously a great value bet but at the end of the day it's still only 18-1.
                                                                                                        You're gonna get a €1000 back on your share about 8% of the time.
                                                                                                        That's the compromise of being in a big syndicate. You win way more often but the amounts are much smaller.

I still think it's a great bet but people should go in with their eyes open about what to expect if we do scoop.

TLDR
                                                                                                        Screw the syndicate, punt your own ticket to maximise coke and hookers

Comment

Originally posted by dazzler View Post
                                                                                                          Could some kind soul give me access to the private forum please?
                                                                                                          Done. Dom to blame for lack of access to date obv, another scouse conspiracy

Comment

Just shipped €229.52 for an additional 4 shares to bring my total to 5. Reference MickeyRosa.

Cheers NFR.
                                                                                                            The sport that unites Catholic, Protestant and dissenter has had its day of days. Pity anybody who can't enjoy it. Some day. Gerry Thornley 23/3/09

Comment

Shipped 746.94 for additional 13 shares bringing my total to 18. (extra 1 yoyo included towards bank charges). Ref "13 x Shs Gor72"
                                                                                                              Thanks.

Comment

ill take 4 shares there pls,,ill ship tomorrow if thats ok,,cheers fionn

Comment

3 more Rob, thanks for everything so far.
                                                                                                                  Shipped 288 for additional 5 shares as opposed to 3.
                                                                                                                  Ref JohnOB
                                                                                                                  Once again ty for all the admin and behind the scenes work, like a full time job at this stage.

Comment

Put me down for one more share please Rob
                                                                                                                    I will send money on in the morning.

Comment

Originally posted by Norwichfanrob View Post
                                                                                                                      just back at base now, will update all soon.
                                                                                                                      with regard to our pool, the more money we have in, the more chance we have of winning, given its not been won at all in 12 weeks, its not that likely that there will be too many winners diluting our prize, and even if there is, we will have a strategy where we cover lines which lead to a smaller payout twice, hense getting double, and remember if we win we also get a shot at the 3.5m bonus pool the following week for free.
                                                                                                                      We shouldn't need to double select lines unless there races selected are ridic easy, the lines we'd be likely to double select would be heavily selected anyways and lower expectancy than others

Comment

Shipped 1 share to Rob today, should see it come through today at some stage.
                                                                                                                        Mods add me to the private forum please.

Comment

Lads apologies if this has been asked already,I only invested in this weeks Scoop so not sure what happened last week.
                                                                                                                          With regards seeing the final selections before the 1st leg kicks off - will this be through the private forum only and more than likely Saturday morning?
                                                                                                                          Thanks

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X