X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

good line up for the shootout final table

WSOP 2013, 2013 Main Event Winner, Ryan Riess, 2103 final table winner

Comment

Andreas Hoivold is currently one of only two people that have cashed in 3 events so far. Keep up the good work Andreas.

Comment

Originally posted by poprock View Post
        good line up for the shootout final table

http://www.wsop.com/2013/live-video/?tid=12807
        cliff josephy AKA the online legend johnnybax shipped this last night

Comment

Good heads up match in the semis of the 10k HU http://www.wsop.com/2013/live-video/...aspx?TID=12814

Bonomo V Rodojo, the latter coming back from being really short.

edit: nvm Bonomo has chip lead again after pinging a 9 on the river K9 vs AK in pre
          Last edited by ghostface; 09-06-13, 23:10.

Comment

enjoying the commentary too

Comment

Originally posted by poprock View Post
              enjoying the commentary too
              Bonomo blew up a little there it seemed. Getting the last amount of chips in with the J3 suited seem pretty light even tho blinds were high, Very good analysis

Comment

david 'bakes' baker is a machine! is there anything he doesnt cash in?

Comment

Andy Bloch on a bit of a heater in the O8 event.....or else it's a typo

2013 WORLD SERIES OF POKER
                  EVENT #20: $1,500 OMAHA HI-LOW 8-OR-BETTER
                  CHIP LEADERS

Comment

Ivey 9/14 going into the last day of the $1k NLH.

Comment

Got this pointed out to me today as it's one of my pics, tweet from Melanie Weisner the other day

melanieweisner Melanie Weisner 8 Jun
                      After years of me putting my cleavage on display at the table, @PokerNews finally takes the hint. pic.twitter.com/b7ul5RnxD5
                      "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Jaysis, Dan Kelly having quite the series so far, a load of deep runs, 2 FT's and he's 5/13 of the $3K 6max going into day 3

Comment

Antes up for Africa not ran anymore?

Good for celebrity spotting but cant see it on the schedule !
                          Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                            Jaysis, Dan Kelly having quite the series so far, a load of deep runs, 2 FT's and he's 5/13 of the $3K 6max going into day 3
                            Another player who made the money in this event was Dan Kelly who is an unbelievable six for seven cashing in events played at this WSOP. Kelly once again made it to Day 3, but came up short of his third final table of the summer, taking tenth place. The finish moves him to third in the WSOP Player of the Year race. Five of his six cashes have been top-15 showings.
                            Ridiculous

Comment

playing the seniors event today, didn't think he was that old! Also playing the event today is The Snapper.

Comment

Originally posted by tipp86 View Post
                                Antes up for Africa not ran anymore?

Good for celebrity spotting but cant see it on the schedule !
                                Did Annie Duke have something to do with that? If not well then it's just been replaced with the One Drop, they have a smaller $1,111 buying in towards the end of the series called The Little One for One Drop.

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                                  Did Annie Duke have something to do with that? If not well then it's just been replaced with the One Drop, they have a smaller $1,111 buying in towards the end of the series called The Little One for One Drop.
                                  Ya just had a look there that could explain the disappearance. Ya that wouldnt really attract the famous faces which I was looking for.
                                  Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

Originally posted by tipp86 View Post
                                    Ya just had a look there that could explain the disappearance. Ya that wouldnt really attract the famous faces which I was looking for.
                                    It's a charity event I'm pretty sure it will attract some faces.

Comment

Another player who made the money in this event was Dan Kelly who is an unbelievable six for seven cashing in events played at this WSOP. Kelly once again made it to Day 3, but came up short of his third final table of the summer, taking tenth place. The finish moves him to third in the WSOP Player of the Year race. Five of his six cashes have been top-15 showings.
                                      He's down to the final 27 and ITM in the $5k Omaha hi/lo

James Dempsey bubbled it for the 2nd year in a row

Comment

Bubble just burst in the seniors event, The Snapper & Donnacha O'Dea in the money.

Edit: Snapper just busted in 388.
                                        Last edited by tylerdurden94; 15-06-13, 19:10.

Comment

Bubble just burst in the seniors event, The Snapper & Donnacha O'Dea in the money.

Edit: Snapper just busted in 388.
                                          Eoghan O'Dea ITM in Event 28, $1500. 7/107 2115 entries, 1/2 milly up top

Comment

Originally posted by Marsden02 View Post
                                            Eoghan O'Dea ITM in Event 28, $1500. 7/107 2115 entries, 1/2 milly up top
                                            Yeah was chatting to him earlier for a bit, didn't even realise he was here till I spotted him in the chip counts, he mentioned his father busted in about 100 in the seniors event.

Also was chatting to ViperEyeIRL earlier he was playing today's $1k event.

Comment

Andrew Grimason & Eoghan O'Dea both cashed in Event #31: $1,500 Pot-Limit Omaha Hi-low 8-or-Better.

Comment

Andrew Grimason & Eoghan O'Dea both cashed in Event #31: $1,500 Pot-Limit Omaha Hi-low 8-or-Better.
                                                Eddie from the hardy bucks currently 4th in chips too...
                                                If it wasn't for variance i'd lose em all.

http://twitter.com/#!/NiallSmythers

Comment

Tom Schneider wins the 5k horse for his 2nd bracelet in a week .

Comment

was reading the 2+2 thread about how bad the dealers are at the wsop this year but this story just takes the biscuit

Poker pro Mike Sowers, who has played thousands of tournaments in his lifetime, had one incredibly bizarre hand happen to him about a week ago at the 2013 World Series of Poker. He said it’s “the craziest hand I’ve played, maybe ever.” According to Sowers, right after a new dealer came to the tournament table, he was dealt pocket nines and raised from the under-the-gun position to 200, and the guy to his immediate left three-bet to 525, and another player called. Sowers called as well. The flop came 9 8 7, giving Sowers top set. Sowers checked, the re-raiser checked, and the third player bet 800. Sowers check-raised, making it 2,600, and the player in the middle folded. The third player put Sowers all in for about 5,500. Sowers made the call for his tournament life. His set was tabled, and the other player exposed the Q Q, and had a flush draw. Sowers remembered: “The dealer looked at me and said, ‘Sorry man, bad beat.’ And I looked at him and was like, ‘You know I have the ...

Comment

Originally posted by chips1234 View Post
                                                      was reading the 2+2 thread about how bad the dealers are at the wsop this year but this story just takes the biscuit

http://www.cardplayer.com/poker-news...-dealer-firing
                                                      This year??? More like every year. A lot of the dealers at the wsop are taken straight out of training school, (many not even graduated) so mistakes are very common.

Although I have to say this story is possibly the worst I've ever heard

Comment

Originally posted by NicoSanty View Post
                                                        This year??? More like every year. A lot of the dealers at the wsop are taken straight out of training school, (many not even graduated) so mistakes are very common.

Although I have to say this story is possibly the worst I've ever heard
                                                        yeah prob should of said every year, said this year because of thread on 2+2 :/

Comment

Bubble burst in Event #34: $1,000 Turbo No-Limit Hold'em a little while back just popped into the room and seen that Marc MacDonnell is in the money.

Comment

Originally posted by chips1234 View Post

http://www.cardplayer.com/poker-news...-dealer-firing
                                                            That story makes no sense whatsoever unless the dealer looked at the next four cards. And we only have one persons side of the bad beat story.
                                                            Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

What did the dealer do wrong? Not shuffle the deck before the hand? Misreading who is ahead on the flop is irrelevant.

Comment

Marc MacDonnell down to the last 25 doesn't have a bunch of chips though, hopefully he can spin it up.

Comment

Marc MacDonnell down to the last 25 doesn't have a bunch of chips though, hopefully he can spin it up.
                                                                  looks 3rd in chips from latest chip count. Obv must have had a double up from previous update

pretty horrible position on the redraw with Coady and chippie to his left

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface View Post
                                                                    looks 3rd in chips from latest chip count. Obv must have had a double up from previous update

pretty horrible position on the redraw with Coady and chippie to his left
                                                                    Down to 17 and sitting 4th at the moment, players on a 20 minute break.

Comment

Down to 17 and sitting 4th at the moment, players on a 20 minute break.
                                                                      working the turbo Danny?

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface View Post
                                                                        working the turbo Danny?
                                                                        Working them all, generally bounce around from tournament to tournament today should be crazy busy, 3 final tables plus 3 other events on the go. If flicking through any pics on the Pokernews website and see some Irish or English players they're generally my photos.

Marc's tournament will be going to the secondary feature table for the live stream when they hit 9, fingers crossed for him.

Comment

Go Marc nice 270k up top recognise Tits Tilly and Jake Cody from field left.

Comment

Down to 16 now and Tilly on fumes too. gogogogo Marc

Comment

#98
                                                                              There is two bracelet winners still in Michael Gathy who I remember from some of the D4 Events won his bracelet last year and Jason Duval won his bracelet the other day, Russell Crane also seems to have a decent Hendon Mob.

Comment

#99
                                                                                She's over 200k now after being down to 28,000

Comment

padraig parkinson in 4 place in chips ,event 35 pl omaha 117 left 72 get paid

Comment

Marc MacDonnell is now 7/11, would be nice to see an Irish man running riot on a final table, glgl to him.

Comment

busto 11th from twitter. great run

Comment

Marc MacDonnel opened to 25,000 from the button, before Michael Gathy moved all in for 254,000 from the small blind. The big blind got out of the way, as MacDonnel made the call.

MacDonnel: KhQh
                                                                                        Gathy: AhJh

The board ran out 68337 , to see Gathy’s ace-high hold, as MacDonnel dropped down to just 56,000 in chips.

In the very next hand, MacDonnel committed his remaining stack into the middle, and was called by Victor Figueroa.

MacDonnel: Ah7c
                                                                                        Figueroa: QdJd

MacDonnell was already heading out of the tournament floor when the flop fell 10d5d2d . He was drawing dead, as the meaningless 5x and kx completed the board.

Great run, wp
                                                                                        Last edited by japeye; 21-06-13, 00:37.

Comment

Cheers for the well wishes, lost alot of showdowns today which wasnt ideal. Prob wont give up till i win something important so there'll be another shot

Comment

Winning! is chippie with 4 left in a venetian 500 with 27k up top. GLGL!

Comment

Originally posted by BrianN View Post
                                                                                              Winning! is chippie with 4 left in a venetian 500 with 27k up top. GLGL!
                                                                                              He won it!

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                                                                                nice result - was this part of the package he sold on here?
                                                                                                No

2. Events :
                                                                                                22/6 - WSOP Event 40 NLH $1500
                                                                                                23/6 - WSOP Event 42 NLH $1000
                                                                                                24/6 - Venetian DS $600
                                                                                                26/6 - Venetian DS $500
                                                                                                27/6 - Venetian DS $500

Comment

Most of the Irish lads in the $1,500 today, Rory/Tom/Sean/Smidge/Dan/Liam/Pete/Marc with Tom the only casualty I know of so far.

Comment

Rory/Sean/Smidge in the money in $1,500 Event 40.

Comment

Smidge busto, Rory took a hit when I walked by but Sean seems to be doing well looks to have a bunch of chips.

Comment

Smidge busto, Rory took a hit when I walked by but Sean seems to be doing well looks to have a bunch of chips.
                                                                                                        Smidge 173rd (2,888), Rory 94th (3,938)

74 left, Goat has 235k, avg 125k

Comment

Originally posted by EnzoScifo View Post
                                                                                                          Smidge 173rd (2,888), Rory 94th (3,938)

74 left, Goat has 235k, avg 125k
                                                                                                          Sean ran pretty horribly and busted just before the dinner break for $6,000. Tom Kitt is pretty well stacked going into a Ventian ($300 or $400) game tomorrow, fingers crossed for some continued run good.

Comment

Danutpeddler wins a Venetian game for 58 k. Well done Tom, time to show Vegas the explosion in full flight.

Comment

N1 Lads. The best thing about it was i busted the 1500 in a big cooler after half and hour and hopped in a taxi to the Venetian saying I was here to work!!

Fair play to loads of the lads for coming down for the rail.

Tom

Comment

wp kittser great stuff

Comment

Quick classic. When I was cashing out at the Palazzo cash desk the woman behind says.

"You Irish guys sure are good at poker!!!!"

thanks to Dan I presume

Comment

congrats, I'm assuming you have that tax exemption form done!
                                                                                                                    People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                                                    Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                                                    https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by devilfishwaldo View Post
                                                                                                                      david 'bakes' baker is a machine! is there anything he doesnt cash in?
                                                                                                                      4th FT of the series at the moment for Bakes http://www.wsop.com/2013/live-video/...?sr=&TID=12841

Comment

$111,111 One Drop kicks off tomorrow so it should be interesting to see how many people will turnout for it, any predictions folks.

Comment

$111,111 One Drop kicks off tomorrow so it should be interesting to see how many people will turnout for it, any predictions folks.
                                                                                                                          dont think they'll get 200 like some suggestions ive read would say around 140-50

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X