Golf-Betting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

small bets this week:
    0.5 point ew Appleby at 100/1, half decent last week until the delay, likes course
    1.5 points ew mahan 22/1 likes course, good form
    1.5 points ew Paud @ 20/1 due...?

btw this season Bubba seems to have decent greens in regulation(gir) in 18th
    so what do i know

Comment

Ye i caved in. Singh e/w. 3 time winner in this tournament. He is back from a back injury this week and there is no way he would risk himself with the masters next week so he must 100% ready to go. He found his long game at the Honda and in Doral. If he gets the ball rolling he'll be there or there abouts. Also another 2.50 on Appleby's nose on betfair. Like was said before he is showing a little bit of form and he won here in 06. Gl all.

Very best of luck to Willie, Nicky and anyone else in this thread playing the open this weekend. Ya never know lads you could be greenside watching the Masters next week. GL

Comment

Getting in late with this golf prediction stuff but this week the auld shoulders of one Fredrick Couples carries the burden of the Shogun bet...
        Best of luck over the weekend guys where ever you rub the felt!!

Comment

I went with Westwood to ease any potential IO pain.

Comment

Ernie Els is on FIREEE. Lump on him.

*I know nothing about golf but i seen that on the news.

Comment

Originally posted by Solskjaer View Post
              I went with Westwood to ease any potential IO pain.
              Keep it up Westwood.

17th hole McClardy hits a wayward drive just now, boom lands in a bin.
              Last edited by Solskjaer; 01-04-10, 22:01.

Comment

Originally posted by Silver-Tiger View Post
                Ye i caved in. Singh e/w. 3 time winner in this tournament. He is back from a back injury this week and there is no way he would risk himself with the masters next week so he must 100% ready to go. He found his long game at the Honda and in Doral. If he gets the ball rolling he'll be there or there abouts. Also another 2.50 on Appleby's nose on betfair. Like was said before he is showing a little bit of form and he won here in 06. Gl all.

Very best of luck to Willie, Nicky and anyone else in this thread playing the open this weekend. Ya never know lads you could be greenside watching the Masters next week. GL
                On the money as per usual He plays 9 holes in 7 over and pulls out. Paddy power did refund though. So thats going on AK's nose. Appleby to go low today please.

Comment

Been at the burlington yesterday I didnt see any of the golf I'm Bubba has a squeak and J.Merrick made the cut

Comment

epic from Westwood, went double bogey , par, bogey, triple bogey, then pulled it back to level for the day, 3 shots behind and after that comeback I'm lumping on him again tomorrow.

Comment

On the money as per usual He plays 9 holes in 7 over and pulls out. Paddy power did refund though. So thats going on AK's nose. Appleby to go low today please.
                      Ziiiiiiiiing. About time. I was out last night and didn't see it. Thank god because by the sounds of things i would have broken my tv before the playoff. Can't wait for this weekend' I'm on the Goosen train aswell Willie. Prob take a chunk of Tiger too.

Comment

Ziiiiiiiiing. About time. I was out last night and didn't see it. Thank god because by the sounds of things i would have broken my tv before the playoff. Can't wait for this weekend' I'm on the Goosen train aswell Willie. Prob take a chunk of Tiger too.
                        well done on Kim, wa just saying inthis thread how he said he was coming good. Luckily for me didn't get too much on Westwood yesterday thanks to being down at the IO

Looking forward to the Masters now. WD

Comment

I said it after Kim had a 65 in Augusta last year that he would be one to watch for 2010 but I cant see him winning two weeks in a row. Couples is still in a fine vein of form and I still like him this week. Again, I believe that Britain is past due a Major win and with Casey carrying an injury and Westwood not having a good record around here the limelight goes to Poulter , Donald and Fisher. Poulter gets the nod from me and I think its a solid chance to bet and lay back at a cut price in running.
                          Of the Americans I am happy laying Tiger to my limit. I think that Curtis is in a good place mentally and could be the outsider that Augusta usually throws up in the mix.
                          Goosen always has a reply performance to an Els win so watch out for that.

S

Comment

Think Vijay is a gret bet at 70s. Playing relatively well this year, likes the course and a former winner of course.

Comment

Right here we go.

TIGER
                              he's available at 6s now with Laddies and i'm taking a chunk, His record is incredible here and they guy can do this imo. He is not human. He is one of those sportsmen that in this lifetime we are privileged to see. If Messi was out for 6 months and returned on a champions league final night you would not put it past him scoring a hat-rick or Mayweather not fighting for a few years then coming out of retirement to beat Pac-man. Woods is in that league and i don't think you can put it past him. He is not injured in anyway and for the people that think he will struggle mentally, there is no other sportsman with a stronger mind.
                              Tigers only worry this week will be his putting(he gets away with the odd bit of loose driving due to there being little rough in augusta), if he putts close to his best i think he'll win.

BACKING TIGER ON THE NOSE.

GOOSEN
                              The Goose has a serious record round here. 4 top 5s in the last 8 years and 7 top 20s in the same period. He has played 7 events this year with 5 top tens and most importantly of all he is(by his own admission) putting really well. Els has taken the limelight recently and rightly so but i expect the Goose to remind people that there is other South Africans still capable of winning big. 25s also in Laddies

GOOD EACH WAY BET ON GOOSEN

McDowell
                              Gmac has had a decent season, showing glimpses of brilliance in the Florida swing. He missed the cut in his last outing at bay hill but that was just one disaster on a hole that took him from being in contention to missing the cut. McDowell is a great putter and shapes the ball right to left which is essential around Augusta. He was also top European last year Tied 17th. I think he is a good shout for the top ten and twenty markets and at 125/1 with everyone. i think its a little on the high side.

SMALL EACH WAY ON GMAC.

Comment

geoff ogilvy lads or kj choi

Comment

Nic what do you think about your boy Leish @ 20s in the top debutant market?

Comment

on tiger also at 6/1

ridic price imo - not that i know much about it, but i think he'll be mentally strong enough to raise his game
                                    GAA News Website

Comment

I think you are all mental backing Tiger.

I'm of the opinion that he is untouchable right now. We don't know where he is at having been through therapy. For me he looked a broken man a couple of weeks back and thats not a good sign in a Champion.

He has come back from longer layoffs before and won but this is so different. I'm staying away from the full market and backing in the w/o Tiger market.

I've been licking my wounds since the CA championship debacle.

I'm coming in here looking at the older brigade and Ernie Els and Padraig Harrington stand out to me. Both hit the ball really high which is a huge advantage in Augusta. Both are coming in here in great form and both have good records in the Masters.

The return to form of Ernie Els has been spectacular, he looked finished but all the work he started doing on his game a couple of years ago has finally worked out for him. We can forget his last couple of performances here and expect him to show form similar to his 5 consective top 10 finishes from 2000 to 2004.

Padraig Harrington has been going through swing changes too over the last 2 years and comes with his game on the up. Harrington has 3 top 10s from 10 starts but two of those were in the last 3 years. I really like his chances this week.

I'm backing Timmy Clark too but thats because I back him every year in this. The guy is another of the really high ball hitters and he is always a danger here.

3 pts win Ernie Els w/o Tiger @ 15.0
                                      3 pts win Padraig Harrinton w/o Tiger @ 19.0
                                      2 pts win Tim Clark w/o Tiger @ 100
                                      10 pts Ernie Els Top 10 finish @ 2.48
                                      10 pts Padraig Harrington Top 10 finish @ 3.00
                                      5 pts Tim Clark Top 10 finish @ 8.8
                                      'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

Robert Karlsson is my man for the masters. 10/3 for a Top 20 finish!
                                        Profit before people.

Comment

I'm on Z.Johnson @100 on the machine
                                          Also small top 10 bets on Goosen,Harrington and Mickelson

Comment

Originally posted by eagle eye View Post

I'm of the opinion that he is untouchable right now. We don't know where he is at having been through therapy. For me he looked a broken man a couple of weeks back and thats not a good sign in a Champion.

He has come back from longer layoffs before and won but this is so different. I'm staying away from the full market and backing in the w/o Tiger market.
                                            Does not compute.

Comment

Have Furyk at 40, Kim at 44, Weir at 110 and Leonard at 240..just for the spin as the masters is pure pleasure..

Comment

Tiger at 6s in Laddys is pretty nice imo. Definitely getting on that too.

Can anyone tell me the difference between backing someone E/W for 5 places and the 5 place market in BF? Are there different payout rules for ties?
                                                Foldaramus et foldarabimus

Comment

I've been licking my wounds since the CA championship debacle.

I'm coming in here looking at the older brigade and Ernie Els and Padraig Harrington stand out to me. Both hit the ball really high which is a huge advantage in Augusta. Both are coming in here in great form and both have good records in the Masters.

The return to form of Ernie Els has been spectacular, he looked finished but all the work he started doing on his game a couple of years ago has finally worked out for him. We can forget his last couple of performances here and expect him to show form similar to his 5 consective top 10 finishes from 2000 to 2004.

Padraig Harrington has been going through swing changes too over the last 2 years and comes with his game on the up. Harrington has 3 top 10s from 10 starts but two of those were in the last 3 years. I really like his chances this week.

I'm backing Timmy Clark too but thats because I back him every year in this. The guy is another of the really high ball hitters and he is always a danger here.

3 pts win Ernie Els w/o Tiger @ 15.0
                                                  3 pts win Padraig Harrinton w/o Tiger @ 19.0
                                                  2 pts win Tim Clark w/o Tiger @ 100
                                                  10 pts Ernie Els Top 10 finish @ 2.48
                                                  10 pts Padraig Harrington Top 10 finish @ 3.00
                                                  5 pts Tim Clark Top 10 finish @ 8.8
                                                  If you think that Woods cant possibly win this event WHY are you backing in the W/O Woods market? Surely, it stands to reason then that you avoid this market and invest heavy in the WITH Woods market?

I'm not missing something here am I?

Comment

Hmmm, don't fancy Tiger, but wouldn't lay him. Too big an ask on this course imo. He's def capable but no value there. 9/2 for him to miss the cut might be worth a look really.

I'd look at Casey e/w at 25/1

Quiros is a good bet at 100's too for e/w

wouldnt fancy Els tbh. Too big a deal for him, from what I hear, Bob Rotella has been working on his Augusta block for years now.

Luke Donald to miss cut at 2/1

Comment

Originally posted by Shogun View Post
                                                      If you think that Woods cant possibly win this event WHY are you backing in the W/O Woods market? Surely, it stands to reason then that you avoid this market and invest heavy in the WITH Woods market?

I'm not missing something here am I?
                                                      I never said he can't win it, I'm just of the opinion that backing him is crazy. He has come back from long layoffs before and won, hell he has even won while creased over in pain from food poisoning. This is different though and he is acting differently too. Part of the make up of Tiger is a constant killer instinct but he was going around Augusta on Tuesday thanking everybody that called out his name. He has been through some therapy and its gonna affect him for a while. We don't even know if he was practising while in therapy, if he wasn't then the chances of him winning this are really slim.

I'm not totally ruling him out though, you just never know for sure what shape he is in. If he is in perfect shape and has been practising all along then he can win it, I just don't think he is worth the risk though on this occasion. So w/o Tiger it is for me this week and its not really affecting the market much by backing w/o Tiger. Els and Harrington are only 3 points lower in the w/o Tiger market.
                                                      'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

Robert Allenby 100
                                                        Pod 22
                                                        Pod Top European 7.2
                                                        Allenby Top Oz 3.4
                                                        Allenby Top 10 7.2

IMO

When Tiger hits 1.1 to make the cut after about two holes I might get stuck into laying him for that
                                                        Turning millions into thousands

Comment

I'm going to massively shock all regular posters here by revealing I have backed Tiger. A couple of reasons. One of course being he's fucking Tiger Woods.

The mental attitude argument is annoying me from the Tiger layers. This guy is the most mentally strong sportsman I have ever seen, and probably to walk the planet. When he steps on that tee, he will be just as focused as any other major competition in the past (bar Earl's death).

The major conundrum for me is how the in-running market is going to react. I mean if he birdies the second I can see the market starting to react as if he had never had a lay-off and the price will drop instantly. I think in-running market will react alot less to the media swirl surrounding him than the SPs. His starts haven't been great last couple of years, but even then there's always the "Tiger" factor and I don't think his price will drift due to his reputation. Secondly I also feel that if he does have any creaks in his game they will show up later in the tournament, when he may feel the effects of rustiness from the pressure of competition rather than immediately where his mental strength will be immense and adrenaline pumping with no fatigue factors.

I took a dangerous amount (for me) of 6s today, have a depressing 9/2 that i took a week or two ago too lol, and may go in again pre tee-off depending on early scores. I don't think I'll have too much trouble in trading off considerably shorter, or at least getting out levels, and the aforementioned Tiger factor means that even if he does start slowly it won't cost me too much to get out for a loss if i feel needs must.

The weather is my major concern at this point, rather than any mental worries.

I've also backed Watney and O'Hair at bigger prices.

Good luck all.

And also how amazing is it to have the greatest sportsman of all time back

Comment

It is great to see Tiger back. Agusta is his baby (or should I say golf is) Will he ever be 6 to 1 again. I'm only backing 4 golfers beforehand

Caberera , I like him at Agusta
                                                            Quiros, will be fun to watch around here
                                                            Poulter- He is getting there slowly but surely.

Da Goose

my dream back 9 would be Ernie, Phil and Tiger slugging it out for the title

my little oirisih hope is Paddy or Rory. I'm all excita wish i didn't have to go for dinner on Frida.

Comment

C Kid, do you not think that Tiger is more concerned about his public persona right now than with winning a golf tournament?
                                                              Do you not feel that the fact that he is trying to win over the fans again by thanking them constantly is going to affect his concentration.

I do agree though that you can get out very quickly if he starts well but I am of the opinion that if he hasn't been practising all along then he will have nightmares on the greens at Augusta. Chipping and putting are the bread and butter of any golfer and a lack of practice in either discipline for an length of time is hard to make up for in a short space of time.

Comment

C Kid, do you not think that Tiger is more concerned about his public persona right now than with winning a golf tournament?
                                                                Do you not feel that the fact that he is trying to win over the fans again by thanking them constantly is going to affect his concentration.

I do agree though that you can get out very quickly if he starts well but I am of the opinion that if he hasn't been practising all along then he will have nightmares on the greens at Augusta. Chipping and putting are the bread and butter of any golfer and a lack of practice in either discipline for an length of time is hard to make up for in a short space of time.
                                                                you make a fair point, but he is a mahine and before thie hulaballo about riding wimmins cropped up he was playing a lot of angry stuff, maybe if he lightens up a little he may be even more dangerous. hope not or I'll lose me monies.

Comment

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UTuk5Uloyjg[/ame]

Comment

Originally posted by TommyGunne View Post
                                                                    Tiger at 6s in Laddys is pretty nice imo. Definitely getting on that too.

Can anyone tell me the difference between backing someone E/W for 5 places and the 5 place market in BF? Are there different payout rules for ties?
                                                                    Backing someone e.w. in the bookies is obviously 2 bets whilst the top 5 on the machine is just the 1 bet. A lot of bookies have the top finish 5 bet also.
                                                                    The same rules apply for deadheats.

Comment

Ive backed

Quiros
                                                                      Vijay
                                                                      Cink
                                                                      Harri (patriotic bet)

Cant wait for this good luck to all.

I didnt back Tiger but I hope he wins, serious man crush on him.

Comment

Bitta fun while watching:

Tiger to win 11/2
                                                                        Mc Ilroy to lead day 1 60/1
                                                                        Mc Ilroy top 10 finish 6/1
                                                                        Jiminez to win!! 150/1....one time!

Comment

Woods is 7.4 on the machine, I personally don't think he will win but at this price I can't refuse and am having a big chunk on (last year I think he started at 2.4, open to correction). He is the best player in the field by an absolute mile and if his game is in order I should be able to lay off after the first 9 holes.

Of the rest I've gone for
                                                                          Chad Cambell w 90 top ten 7.8
                                                                          Matt Kuchar w 75 top ten 6.4
                                                                          SteveFlesch w 280 top ten 17.5

Comment

Woods @ 7.4 is value imo. Unless he has a nightmare start he wont drift out much further and if he is anyway reasonable after 1st day odds will shorten greatly it will be easy to lay off for profit. Also he is the one man who can thrive at Agusta without playing much/showing form beforehand.

Comment

I stuck a just in case few quid on kaymer and a small few bob on bob to lead day one. will play in play over the weekend.

Comment

Did anyone enter The Irish Times competition in the end? Entries close tomorrow.

Anyone find any decent value in the cheaper players?

Comment

Originally posted by The C Kid View Post
                                                                                  Did anyone enter The Irish Times competition in the end? Entries close tomorrow.

Anyone find any decent value in the cheaper players?
                                                                                  For a gambler such as yerself Quiros at 100 is surely the value, with his length, he can spring a 1st day leader surprise and can be lasyed off. His putting is hot and cold unfortunately . what a great Masters Champ he'd be, breath of fresh air .

Comment

Originally posted by thedini View Post
                                                                                    The same rules apply for deadheats.
                                                                                    Thanks. This is all I was looking for. Couldn't find Ts and Cs.
                                                                                    Foldaramus et foldarabimus

Comment

Anyone know odds on anthony kim to finish in the top ten?

Comment

Originally posted by Belgowho View Post
                                                                                        Anyone know odds on anthony kim to finish in the top ten?
                                                                                        4.0 with betfair.

Comment

for the first time in a long time had a bet that will hurt if i lose
                                                                                          lumped on Mickelson cant believe i got 14 and 15 s
                                                                                          also had a few small bets on
                                                                                          M wier 100/1
                                                                                          S garcia 70/1
                                                                                          F couples 120/1
                                                                                          S kjeldsen 50/1 top european
                                                                                          man i love the masters

Comment

Scoring seems decent so far, the new highlights feature on the Masters leaderboard is awesome.

Comment

Scoring seems decent so far, the new highlights feature on the Masters leaderboard is awesome.
                                                                                              Link to leaderboard?

Comment

Originally posted by eoghan104 View Post
                                                                                                Link to leaderboard?

Comment

Few quick bets (best at the end) does anyone want them? 25 euro each. No need to escrow. I just looked at the betting and most are the same prices. Just for fun and to make me have an interest

Ill have Ernie els and sum1 can have Padraig Harrington

Ill have Ian poulter and sum1 can have jim furyk

Ill have angel cabrera and sum1 can have henrik stenson

ill have lee westwood and sum1 can have phil mickleson

Just quote which one you want. If my pick goes better over the whole tourney than urs then u owe me 25e. If yours beats mine then i owe you. Quote which ever one you want.

Comment

Some nice putting by langer so far...

Comment

Originally posted by Eddie Durkin View Post
                                                                                                      Few quick bets (best at the end) does anyone want them? 25 euro each. No need to escrow. I just looked at the betting and most are the same prices. Just for fun and to make me have an interest

Ill have Ernie els and sum1 can have Padraig Harrington

Ill have Ian poulter and sum1 can have jim furyk

Ill have angel cabrera and sum1 can have henrik stenson

ill have lee westwood and sum1 can have phil mickleson

Just quote which one you want. If my pick goes better over the whole tourney than urs then u owe me 25e. If yours beats mine then i owe you. Quote which ever one you want.
                                                                                                      take Furyk please

Comment

Amen corner here, also behind the red button on BBC.

Comment

Can someone do me a favour, I can't get online to betfair or PPP, can you tell me the latest odds on Poulter and Quiros.

Much obliged.

Comment

Its absolutely beautiful

Comment

willie, poulter is 28s and quiros is 159s on betfair

Comment

the 3 players i backed are for small e/w just for interest are hunter mahon, sergio garcia and francesco molinari just hope to be still in conention come sat/sun

Comment

I really can't see Tiger breaking par today. I reckon he'll shoot 74/75, doubt he'll make the cut tbh.

Of course he is capable to win, just think its highly unlikely. Too big an ask to go out and win the Masters amid all the hype and drama, not to mention no competitive action.

I also think Els has a mental block about Augusta and i think its a bridge too far.

Mickelson isnt in form.

Elsewhere is the value particularly from the Europeans. Casey, Poults, Harrington, McIlroy, Quiros. Think they will all be there abouts.

Comment

Small e/w bet on Tim Clarke and some on Harrington as always, cant wait till things hot up over next few days, easly my favourite sporting event of the year.

Comment

any decent streams for this?

Comment

Double-decker bus enthusiast

Comment

Ive backed Tiger to make the golf watchable.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X