$30k gtd on stars - 3 hands deepish into the tournament

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

$30k gtd on stars - 3 hands deepish into the tournament

This is the $30k on stars. It's $5 +2R and 1A and it's a ridiculously well structured tournament with 10 mins blinds. 1500/3000 is level 23, next hand is level 26 and last hand is level 32 if that makes any difference.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No reads on players as i've just moved to the table and been here 1 orbit. I have Tournament Shark running tho and the only stats available to me are

UTG is down ~700 in 250 MTTs avg buyin $9. I have 1 note on him and that's that he double rebought for 7500 straight away in this tournament before so i don't think he's a complete fish but that's defo not a recent note so not sure.

UTG+1 down ~1500 in 450 MTTs avg buyin $24

No-Limit Hold'em Tournament, 1500/3000 Blinds (8 handed) - Hold'em Manager Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

CO (t49265)
    Button (t26944)
    Hero (SB) (t88522)
    BB (t73262)
    UTG (t94533)
    UTG+1 (t107194)
    MP1 (t47380)
    MP2 (t90737)

Hero's M: 19.67

Preflop: Hero is SB with K, A
    2 folds, MP1 bets t7000, MP2 raises t15629, Hero?[/QUOTE]

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What about this one. UTG+1 is pretty tight considering this stage in the tournament and UTG+2 has raise folded once and raise called another time with the goods

UGT+1 is playing 12/4 over 32 hands - down 2700/2100 games avg buyin $8
    UTG+2 is the UTG guy from last hand now playing 16/16 over 38 hands (he folded that btw)

No-Limit Hold'em Tournament, 3000/6000 Blinds (9 handed) - Hold'em Manager Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

CO (t37822)
    Button (t69776)
    Hero (SB) (t91269)
    BB (t65372)
    UTG (t146295)
    UTG+1 (t57898)
    MP1 (t128319)
    MP2 (t49755)
    MP3 (t105112)

Hero's M: 10.14

Preflop: Hero is SB with A, Q
    1 fold, UTG+1 bets t57148, 1 fold, MP2 calls t49005, 3 folds, Hero?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is a bit more straight forward but while i'm here, i'll just see what the preferred line is. I think i'm a little deep to open shove in this structure although that's usually my default with <15BB

My thinking is that if i ship, i only get action from anyone that has me beat because i'm the shortest stack but i don't feel short due tbh. If i raise, i'm hoping for someone in LP to ship over the top because i think they could be doing it with 77-99 and AK maybe AQs.

Can't remember exact stats or Tournie Shark details but myself and villain are the only winning MTT players on the table and he hasn't been abusing his stack. His small 3bet as opposed to ship worried me and i really wanted to fold. Is there a case for it?

~40 players left. Top 10 pay $450+ and everyone is on $70 now i think

No-Limit Hold'em Tournament, 8500/17000 Blinds (8 handed) - Hold'em Manager Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

BB (t405500)
    UTG (t764900)
    Hero (UTG+1) (t254534)
    MP1 (t268856)
    MP2 (t998199)
    CO (t195610)
    Button (t678712)
    SB (t551286)

Hero's M: 9.98

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with 10, 10
    1 fold, Hero bets t38885, 1 fold, MP2 raises t140000, 4 folds, Hero raises t213524, MP2 calls t112409

Flop: (t530318) Q, A, A (2 players)

Turn: (t530318) 7 (2 players)

River: (t530318) 7 (2 players)

Total pot: t530318

1. Is a straightforward shove for me. More often than not both players fold, sometimes you're flipping, occasionally you're crushed. No problem shipping it here.

2. UTG+1's range is too strong to consider playing AQ oop here.

3. Fairly marginal spot but I think your line is fine.
    "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

hand 1 : fold for me, as u said great structure in this, the first raise im not pushed about but the 3 better can be TT+, but we have enough chips to avoid racing at this stage as i presume the 3 bettor is going to call us and were min racing/splitting

hand 2: fold for me,

hand 3: min riase/ snap call !.. unless 2+ have the chips in before me then its a fold, its bit meh but u really don need raise to 38k man, the 34k min raise is fine nobody gunna make mor eof a move on ya or anything and well every chip u can keep to urself without risking is a plus !

just how id play these hands, but im looking to improve so interested to hear peoples comments, good to see some hands from later on in tourneys ! a massive part of my game i need to improve
      Last edited by fumyname; 16-02-11, 15:52.

Comment

Originally posted by fumyname View Post
        hand 3: min riase/ snap call !.. unless 2+ have the chips in before me then its a fold, its bit meh but u really don need raise to 38k man, the 34k min raise is fine
        I was meant to make it 35885 but hit the wrong button, but it's little relevance to this situation tho. I never minraise when blinds are into 4 figures, i always minraise plus a little as i think it works much better

Comment

Hand 1- Shove all day we have a good bit of FE

Hand 2- fold

Hand 3-not folding TT 20bb's effective r/c is fine

Comment

If we switch the AK with the AQs, how does this affect how we play those 2 hands now?

Comment

getting it in in all 3 no way am i folding AQ in the second hand to a 10bb eff shove and a call from an 8bb eff stack, even if you want to give them tighter ranges than normal we will still be in good shape against both of them.
              Last edited by chips1234; 16-02-11, 17:10. Reason: spelling

Comment

What were the antes?
                Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
                  What were the antes?
                  antes are usually 10% of bbin this type stars tourney, so 3k=300 ante, 6k=600, 17k=1.7k

Comment

What were the antes?
                    1500/3000 - 375
                    3000/6000 - 750
                    8500/17000 - 2125

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                      1500/3000 - 375
                      3000/6000 - 750
                      8500/17000 - 2125
                      sorry wrong info i gave

Comment

1. Ship 30% increase to your stack if you get a fold, rarely in terribad shape if called.
                        2.I call, the price is too good and I presume you would have confidence in your ss game to be able to get back into it if you lose the hand
                        3.Standard shippage.

Comment

What were the antes?
                          They be uncles if they had ballsies

Hand 1. Shove for me.

Hand 2. I think this is a call tbh, their range is pretty wide at this stage and I think someone mentioned being oop as a reason to fold? There is no action left its an all-in situ with chips back

Hand 3. Think your line is fine here, I might make the opening raise to 45k but thats no real diff.

Comment

Hand 1. Id get it in here, folding's not terrible but i wouldn't.

Hand 2. I'm allin here, i mean there ranges aren't that tight since they are less then 10bb eff.

Hand 3. I just jam preflop,
                            i'm hoping for someone in LP to ship over the top because i think they could be doing it with 77-99 and AK maybe AQs.
                            I know u said if u get called u wont be in great shape if u shove, but ppl dnt fold 66-99 A10-Ak if u shoe alot the time. Were as they might fold if u raise cause it looks stronger off this stack.

Plus u add over 43k to your stack when u pick up blinds and antes which is like 1/6th

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                            If we switch the AK with the AQs, how does this affect how we play those 2 hands now?
                            If we switch these round hand 1 is a fold imo, and 2 is an easier jam imo
                            ''Oh my god, I'm dropping shit like a pigeon
                            I hope you're listening, smacking babies at their christening''

Comment

All-In 1 + 2.
                              3 is fine.
                              Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Ship, fold, ship. imo
                                http://carlmorrissey.blogspot.com/
                                http://twitter.com/#!/Moro88

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFB View Post
                                  2. UTG+1's range is too strong to consider playing AQ oop here.
                                  How is position an issue here?

Hand 1: This is the hardest hand imo. We have no info that MP bets light. So, its prob pretty safe that he never 3bets a hand we dominate. He has use crushed a little 9as does UTG), but we are flipping a lot. There's also the times were UTG holds some of our outs. I think he folds enough small PPs to be profitable so I shove
                                  Hand 2: I call. It's a 9.5BB shove and an 8BB call. There is enough value for AQ there.

Hand 3: Your line is fine. Obv open, can't call the 3bet. so ship>fold.
                                  Although I'm not delighted about getting it in here.

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                    How is position an issue here?
                                    Oh sorry, thought there were chips let to be played with.
                                    Hand 1: This is the hardest hand imo. We have no info that MP bets light. So, its prob pretty safe that he never 3bets a hand we dominate. He has use crushed a little 9as does UTG), but we are flipping a lot. There's also the times were UTG holds some of our outs. I think he folds enough small PPs to be profitable so I shove
                                    These days I would be assuming that MP1 opens light and mp2 3bets light unless shown otherwise, not the other way round.
                                    "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

I folded Hands 1 and 2.

I've been wrong so many times in the past shipping it in these positions when i know that i'm flipping at best. I think maybe Hand 1 is an easier ship that Hand 2 because of the FE.

Hand 1 UTG folded so didn't see hands
                                      Hand 2 UTG had 99 and UTG+1 had KQs
                                      Hand 3 I ran into JJ

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFB View Post
                                        These days I would be assuming that MP1 opens light and mp2 3bets light unless shown otherwise, not the other way round.
                                        Sorry I meant calling not 3betting.
                                        As in we never get it in with a hand we dominate, but get enough folds to shove

Comment

Hand 1: Allin
                                          Hand 2: I fold, but I think its pretty close.
                                          Hand 3: Lovely stuff. His 3b sizing makes me feel a little ill, but w/e, allin.
                                          Foldaramus et foldarabimus

Comment

1. obv all in
                                            2. fold
                                            3. just shove pre

Comment

Hand 1 - Make it like 33k obv calling a shove but it just might get some pairs to fold pre that will call a shove as it looks stronger.

Hand 2 - Id fold if im playing good, if im anyway tilted i snap call

Hand 3 - Id just shove pre

Comment

Working...
                                              X