11) EnzoScifo
    12) AKDonk
    13) Oleras
    14) DeadParrot
    15) Tipp86
    16) Spoofingjam
    17) FeetMagic
    18) Gimmeabreak

Account now open with http://www.bet365.com/home/default.asp?

Initial Balance €360

Initial deposit €200
    Bonus available €200

Bonus terms are quite strict http://www.bet365.com/extra/extra.as...enAccountOffer.
    See no. 11 & 12.

Anyway, off we go.
    Last edited by Dice75; 03-03-11, 15:03.

Comment

So as not to put pressure on anyone we'll go with up to 6 bets this week from the first 6 PM'd to me. Once PM'd i'll stick them up here.

Betting weeks shall start from Thursdays but obviously we can be flexible.

I have an Excel spreadsheet set up to keep track of everything.

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
        ok - il ask once, so please dont hit me. what is the story with the bet? When I am free to have a selection do I just pick it and thats it? Or do I put forward a selection and wait for discussion/approval from others? Anyway - I like a horse on Saturday in Gowran, If allowed il put my 20 on him.
        Thats grand, PM me bet & i'll stick it on

Comment

From Nuckchorris ;

I'm chosing two bets and will let the others decide which bet to go with.

Option 1

4/9 Arsenal (h) to beat Sunderland - no need for much explanation here. Arsenal on good form, desperate for a win after Utd's result against an average Sunderland team that's just tipping by.

5/6 Portsmouth (h) to beat Sheff Utd - very nice odds here given Portsmouth have won their last 4 in a row. Sheff Utd are decent but nothing special and have lost their last 3 in a row. With home advantage too I have to fancy Portsmouth here.

8/11 Swansea (a) to beat Scunthorpe - Their 3-0 win against Leeds kept their incredible form going and they should have too much pace for a Scunthorpe defence that has conceded 6 in it's last 3 games, losing the last two and winning the other home one 3-2.

Combined odds: 3.57/1

Option 2

9/4 Chelsea (a) NOT to beat Blackpool (h) - Sure they beat Utd, but we all know how up and down this Chelsea team is. At home over the last two months Blackpool have lost to Birmingham, Sunderland and West Ham, but drawn with Villa and beaten Liverpool and most recently Spurs. They were also 2-0 up on Utd before losing to a great comeback. Nice odds on another upset down by the seaside.

4/11 Man City (h) to beat Wigan - No need for comment, very short odds but wanted something to bump up the Blackpool odds.

Combined odds: 3.43/1

Reply "Nuck1" or "Nuck2" by 7pm Friday to let Dice know which one to stick the €20 on.
          Last edited by Dice75; 03-03-11, 12:04.

Comment

Nuck1 imo.

Chelsea looked very good against United, particularly with Essien dominating the game in the second half. I expect Ancelloti to be smart and put Drogba back into the team starting this weekend so I think Chelsea will be motoring pretty ok this weekend.

Happy to go with your advice on the lower league games.

Comment

By the way, it would be great if people gave reasoning for their decisions on the thread.

I, for one, will be using this exercise as a way to learn more about picking good bets so would be hoping to read how everybody's thought processes work...

Comment

Nuck 1 for me

Comment

Jaysoose boxing double
                  --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

€20 Double

Gary sykes to cruise to points past Carl Johansen who i feel is well past his best, sykes did get Ko'd in the prizefighter but im willing to forgive him for that as the short format didnt suit him at all and fancy him to outbox a brave johnasen for a decision @11/10 on friday night

The other boxer in the double might be seen as a risk but im gonna chuck it out there anyway, Saul Alvarez to knockout Matthew Hatton in rounds 1-3 @ 11/2.
                  Boxing is about levels and this is far beyond the level that hatton should be at, granted he is honest but i genuinely fear for the mans saftey in this fight as Alvarez is to much of a jump up and he can bang with 26 ko's on the record. He has also recently taken out N'dou, Baldomir and cotto.

€20 Double returns €273.

********* BET PLACED************
                  Last edited by Dice75; 03-03-11, 14:50.

Comment

Like that boxing bet, wp

Comment

Nuck1 looks the better option.

No bet for me this week, I'll have one for Cheltenham next time around.
                      "Let your boat of life be light, packed with only what you need - a homely home and simple pleasures, one or two friends, worth the name, someone to love and someone to love you, a cat, a dog, and a pipe or two, enough to eat and enough to wear, and a little more than enough to drink; for thirst is a dangerous thing." Jerome K. Jerome Three men in a Boat

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                        Like that boxing bet, wp
                        Oh shit oh shit shit...

Comment

the Alvarez bet is as solid as houses
                          Golden boy only picked hatton for name recognition and Alvarez is their new ticket
                          People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                          Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                          https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                            Nuck 1 for me
                            +1

Comment

nuck 1 better bet imo

Comment

Originally posted by GingerMilla View Post
                                Nuck1 looks the better option.

No bet for me this week, I'll have one for Cheltenham next time around.
                                I'd imagine a few will hold fire for Cheltenham.

Back on at 10am to check thread.
                                Last edited by Dice75; 03-03-11, 19:17.

Comment

THe boxing double looks ok, but i think 1-3 is a bet early.
                                  Bet of luck with this guys

(btw, do people mind comments like above seeing as I'm not in the syndicate?)

Comment

From Luckylawz ;

I have come up with 2 bets (3options). The others can decide which they would like.

Bet (A) 3 HOMES of Leeds, Burnley, Sheff Wed
                                    €20 @ 3.21/1

Bet (B) 3 AWAYS of Man Utd, Spurs, Swansea
                                    €20 @ 9.66/1

Bet (C) €10 on both

*** again I'll go on the vote by 7pm tonight along with Nuck's bet*****

Vote A,B or C please

Comment

From Luckylawz ;

I have come up with 2 bets (3options). The others can decide which they would like.

Bet (A) 3 HOMES of Leeds, Burnley, Sheff Wed
                                      €20 @ 3.21/1

Bet (B) 3 AWAYS of Man Utd, Spurs, Swansea
                                      €20 @ 9.66/1

Bet (C) €10 on both

*** again I'll go on the vote by 7pm tonight along with Nuck's bet*****

Vote A,B or C please
                                      safe option C
                                      This too shall pass.

Comment

Vote A

While the B odds are juicy, I can see both United & Spurs dropping points in these matches as i think Spurs are getting a little tired. Also we will probably have Swansea in Nucks bet by the looks of things.

Bet A looks pretty solid, unless Doncaster can grind out a scoreleess draw at Elland Road ( sorry Nuck - Utd through & through ) but even Leeds cant bottle that, can they?

Comment

Vote A as well to avoid having more than one bet dependant on Swansea...

Comment

i vote A for both bets

and i like the boxing one too

Comment

Vote A

I don't think Utd are anywhere near banker material at Anfield, especially with Vidic suspended. Now if Utd were swapped with Chelsea I'd have gone for optionc.Despite Nucks giving us an earlier option of a Blackpool 9/4 no lose vs Chelsea I actually think Chelsea are the banker of the weekend at 1/3 and think that 8/11 on -1 is reasonable also, based on Tuesdays showing vs Utd their midfield are going to swamp Blackpools imo.
                                              Also its only a question of when, that Torres is going to start finding the back of the net.
                                              "Let your boat of life be light, packed with only what you need - a homely home and simple pleasures, one or two friends, worth the name, someone to love and someone to love you, a cat, a dog, and a pipe or two, enough to eat and enough to wear, and a little more than enough to drink; for thirst is a dangerous thing." Jerome K. Jerome Three men in a Boat

Comment

Bet A from Luckylawz's picks. Had Leeds in my set but, even though we're banging in goals, we're drawing a lot and Donny won comprehensively away at Derby in mid-week.

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                                  THe boxing double looks ok, but i think 1-3 is a bet early.
                                                  Bet of luck with this guys

(btw, do people mind comments like above seeing as I'm not in the syndicate?)
                                                  I dont see any reason why people cant post if its constructive, i just feel that hatton is being fed to the wolves here and i feel its just a set up that Alvarez can look the bees knees after taking out the other Hatton in spectacular fashion.

Comment

Originally posted by Jaysoose View Post
                                                    I dont see any reason why people cant post if its constructive, i just feel that hatton is being fed to the wolves here and i feel its just a set up that Alvarez can look the bees knees after taking out the other Hatton in spectacular fashion.
                                                    +1, happy to have people give their input.

Comment

From Stoneystonerson

I'm going to go for a footie double in the airtricity league

Rovers to beat Dundalk

and St. Pats to beat Galway

Double is 2.15/1

I was going to add Bohs to beat Bray but will leave it as a double this time round.

*****BET PLACED********

Comment

A for luckylawz

Comment

This Weekends IPB Sports Bets

FRIDAY

Shamrock Rovers & St. Pats double = €63.00

SATURDAY

Arsenal / Portsmouth / Swansea treble = €91.40

Leeds / Burnley / Sheffield Weds treble = €84.20

Dr. Whizz, 2.55 @ Gowran Park = €80.00

Gary Sykes to win on points & Saul Alvarez to win by KO in Rounds 1-3 = €273.00

Last edited by Dice75; 05-03-11, 12:16.

Comment

Will check at 11am Saturday morning if any more bets required.
                                                            Last edited by Dice75; 04-03-11, 19:14.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
                                                                good stuff - i'll hold fire for a bit. do we have a prob with longer term bets? Have a bet where the results won't be announced until 2nd April...
                                                                No probs Hitch, just PM me when u want bet put on. Bear in mind its an English site so mightn't have a market on Enda Kenny's next lovechild & the like.......

Comment

very dodgy peno imo

Comment

sweet 1 all within a minute justice for jim

Comment

3-1 rovers

come on the pats

Comment

hold

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by stoneystonerson View Post
                                                                            3-1 rovers

come on the pats
                                                                            Off to a good start with Pats 2-0 up. I see Bohs are 3-1 up aswel. Bohs were 13/10 so that would have been a sweet treble

Comment

#39
                                                                              Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                                                              Off to a good start with Pats 2-0 up. I see Bohs are 3-1 up aswel. Bohs were 13/10 so that would have been a sweet treble

yeah i should have been greedy

still winner winner chicken dinner
                                                                              48

Comment

#40
                                                                                Cliffs on the boxing later coz i'd say some of ye (like me) haven't a clue

Comment

#41
                                                                                  Cliffs on the boxing later coz i'd say some of ye (like me) haven't a clue
                                                                                  or a link to watch would be great.
                                                                                  This too shall pass.

Comment

#42
                                                                                    is the boxing on telly?

sky?

Comment

#43
                                                                                      The Sykes fight is on skysports 1 tommorow night at 8 guys..my mistake had friday night fights in my head when posting.

Sky are showing the hatton fight on a delay on skysports 2 @ 6:30 sunday evening. Will try and source a link on justin.tv for the hattaon fight for the true degens among us up at 3 in the morning...
                                                                                      Last edited by Jaysoose; 04-03-11, 23:43.

Comment

#44
                                                                                        Bah, Dr Whizz. Think he had that if he stayed upright

Comment

#45
                                                                                          SHIT that makes this close..sykes needs the last three rounds.

Comment

#46
                                                                                            Half way there...get the sweat on alvarez now.

Comment

#47
                                                                                              anyone got streams for this fight??
                                                                                              48

Comment

#48
                                                                                                I would like very much for this to be over in the 2nd round...

Comment

#49
                                                                                                  http://www.justin.tv/vmel112#/w/934424192/2 might be on here later, worlds most annoying commentary though hopefully it will improve.

Comment

#50
                                                                                                    Unlucky with the bet, Alvarez won every round except for having a point deducted.

Comment

#51
                                                                                                      Ah balls hatton is one tough bastard he got battered for 12 rounds...

Comment

#52
                                                                                                        Weekend Outcome.

Invested €100.00

Returned €63.00

Comment

#53
                                                                                                          Weekend Outcome.

Invested €100.00

Returned €63.00
                                                                                                          Well we were never going to win on any football bets with the Arsenal drawing at home against mid table mediocrity nor on horse racing when the good thing falls when travelling powerfully. No comment on the boxing as I've havent a clue about those contests.

Not a total disaster. Could actually have been a lot worse.

Comment

#54
                                                                                                            Any bets this week

Any midweek bets could you have them in by Tuesday @ 5.00pm *

Also any weekend bets need to be in by Thursday @ 2.00pm **

*Playing ball Tuesday @ 6.30pm

** Heading to UKIPT on Thursday afternoon, will be playing all day Friday & while I should have internet access in hotel Saturday morning I'd rather not leave it to chance

Cheers.

Comment

#55
                                                                                                              Any bets this week

Any midweek bets could you have them in by Tuesday @ 5.00pm *

Also any weekend bets need to be in by Thursday @ 2.00pm **

*Playing ball Tuesday @ 6.30pm

** Heading to UKIPT on Thursday afternoon, will be playing all day Friday & while I should have internet access in hotel Saturday morning I'd rather not leave it to chance

Cheers.
                                                                                                              Bets this week

I'm going to invest my €20 share on two wagers over the period Sat12th-17th March.
                                                                                                              There was no point holding off on Cheltenham fancies as its now nrnb with bet 365 and the prices in general are more likely to shorten.

1) €9 treble
                                                                                                              Leeds @ 5/6 to beat Ipswich 12/3
                                                                                                              Quevega @ 10/11 Chelt 15/3
                                                                                                              Big Bucks @ 5/4 Chelt 17/3

2) 50c ew yankee (€11 stake)
                                                                                                              Zaidpour @ 8/1, 1330 Chelt 15/3
                                                                                                              Sunnhillboy @ 13/2, 1440 Chelt 15/3
                                                                                                              Dunguib @ 14/1, 1520 Chelt 15/3
                                                                                                              Sizing Europe 11/1, 1520 Chelt 16/3

The treble is comprised of three hot pots, the two Cheltenham bankers who are basically penalty kicks in my view and a Leeds team fresh from a confidence boosting away win Tuesday night, at home, and on course for promotion against a disappointing Ipswich team
                                                                                                              who lost at home on Tuesday and are losing their way after a promising start under Paul Jewell.

The win portion of the yankee is undoubtedly a big gamble but I fancy all four to be in with a shout and a place yankee isn't out of the question. Zaidpour, after showing early season promise, struggled to cope with heavy ground on his last two outings, but if his jumping holds up he can be in the firing line coming up the hill. Sunnyhillboy's chances have been talked up elsewhere in the antepost thread and I fully endorse those views while missing the 10/1 ante post available aweek ago. Dunguib remains an enigma, flattered to deceive last season but made a encouraging return to action recently and has the ability to win a champion hurdle if all goes right on the day. Sizing Europe is an excellent each way prospect imo, a proven Cheltenham performer who impressively won the arkle last year beating some of next weeks rivals on merit, can jump brilliantly at speed and is a live danger to the likes of Big Zeb particularly. This one is steadily declining in price as champion chase day looms, was 16s a week ago, now a best priced 11s.

Comment

#56
                                                                                                                Gingermilla

1) €9 treble
                                                                                                                Leeds @ 5/6 to beat Ipswich 12/3
                                                                                                                Quevega @ 10/11 Chelt 15/3
                                                                                                                Big Bucks @ 5/4 Chelt 17/3

**********BET PLACED**************

Comment

#57
                                                                                                                  Im going to try the €20 on a double with oloughlin gaels & Crossmaglen in the club championship.

Wont make anyone rich put €20 rtnd €49 on PP so assume its much the same on bet 365.
                                                                                                                  Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

#58
                                                                                                                    Originally posted by tipp86 View Post
                                                                                                                    Im going to try the €20 on a double with O'Loughlin Gaels & Crossmaglen in the club championship.
                                                                                                                    €20 Double returns €48.15

*************BET PLACED****************

Comment

#59
                                                                                                                      CHELTENHAM BETS

Bets for Cheltenham will be placed at 12.30pm each day of the Festival.
                                                                                                                      Please have all bets in by midday if possible.

Bet 365 are doing a Channel 4 promotion, see link below.....

Basically back any single winner @ 4/1 or better on a live C4 race & get a free bet on the next live C4 race to the same value. So if anyone is doing a win single that qualifies please include selection for the next race aswell.

Comment

#60
                                                                                                                        TUESDAYS CHELTENHAM BETS

No Bets sent in for todays racing*, so the only horses running today are the first 3 legs of GingerMilla's e/w yankee -

* Guess people are waiting to bust their personal roll first

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                        X