X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
    Schizo??

lol

I meant, the injured blinkhorn wont start, And rafa cretaro will!!
    GAA News Website

Comment

On the derry bray double tonight 4/6 8/11 anyone else fancy it.
      location green and yellow stretford end

Comment

Originally posted by bohsman View Post
        Wexford 10/11 home to Athlone

I think Wexford are a great price. Last week they changed 2 of their back 4 and got a first win at Limerick but also their 1st clean sheet. Have had no problem finding the net so far.

Athlone on the other hand have Mike Kerley running the show. He was run out of Waterford and god knows how he got another chance at this level. Started with 3 draws but has lost the last 2 (2 and 4 zip) and has managed 1 goal in 5 games. Very young team but as usual he gets what he can from Limerick (which this time found him the retired Tommy Barret and Paul Danagher who could not cut it at Lims).

Wexford should prevail and going forward i would be lumping against Athlone most weeks.

Comment

5-0 at the Cross tonight..

Hope we haven't used up our quota for the next 2 months.

Comment

cummins a hero!

about time they found some goals

monaghan shaking things up also!!!

damian richardson is such a bohs fan boy its embarrassing. His commentating tilted me
            GAA News Website

Comment

Originally posted by Semibluff View Post

damian richardson is such a bohs fan boy its embarrassing. His commentating tilted me
              Seriously? Normally he is pro Rovers anti Bohs.

Comment

Shels hit the crossbar 3 times last night and we should have been 3-1 up 5 mins before Mons made it 2-2

Comment

Impressed with Bohs' fighting spirit last night, seem to be getting a lot from a limited side ability wise. They never gave Rovers players like O' Neill or Finn time to pull the strings. Rovers were tactically very poor though...
                  Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by kaiser soze View Post
                    On the derry bray double tonight 4/6 8/11 anyone else fancy it.
                    Good shout Baz, tyty

Comment

Originally posted by Raheny Red View Post
                      Shels hit the crossbar 3 times last night and we should have been 3-1 up 5 mins before Mons made it 2-2
                      That's as may be, but our insistence on taking a goal lead and then putting everyone behind the ball and punting it to a lone striker who is given no support instead of continuing to play the way we did to get the lead is both pathetic and counter productive. We can't hold onto a lead to save our lives and it isn't bad luck or a coincidence at this stage. Frankly we didn't deserve much out of that game tbh, despite some bad luck, Mon's also missed some huge chances. Once we go a goal up we just sit outside our box, drop off, don't press the opposition at all and give them acres of space. Any team will look like Brazil when their given as much time as they want on the ball.

When will we learn that going all out defence when you take a one nil lead is stupid? Both because we haven't got a good enough defence to reply on shutting out the opposition team completely so we will ALWAYS give up chances and because we've the best collection of footballers in the league and if we just keep playing to their strengths we are far more likely to win, even if occasionally we may get caught on the break and look rather stupid? It's soul destroying watching us shoot ourselves in the foot over and over again, it gets to a point where you just want the opposition team to get their comeback out of the way sufficiently early so that we're forced to play to our strengths and have enough time to actually win the game.
                      "In the world, there are many kings but there is only one God. I am God, I am El Tren" :{)

Comment

ok, must limit rant . . . lol

bohs as they did against pats, set out with like 8 defenders on the pitch. Christy was missing, Bisto up front. They were never going to win the game (i know score wise im very wrong).

They contained rovers very well. But lets not get carried away with that. bohs have a team of seasoned pro's and a very astute manager, of course theyd keep it close. Also rovers have always had a problem with properly putting away teams (for eg, last game vs bray twigg goes off, they panic and stop playing ball)
                        I agree that Rovers had something wrong tactically. I couldnt put my finger on it. Maybe Kilduff would of fitted better. They should have played proper wingers instead of asking sheppard to do a bit part. He's a grade A suspect to go missing in a game, never mind out on the wing, with heary up his arse, and it being a derby game. Dennehy should have started i think.

Rovers held all the ball, and just failed to create. Fair play bohs for setting out so well.

As for Richardson, he was such an idiot. Half time talked of "bohs being in the ascendency. Better team in the first half." talks of how amazing the bohs team were. Yes they defended, did their job, against a pretty un-inventive rovers team. Doesnt deserve the self-creamage richardson was doing. honestly there was like 10 points were i was wondering was he watching a different game. Idiot.

/ rant

lol
                        GAA News Website

Comment

Seasoned pros along with 4 amateurs. Our goalscorer last night couldnt warm down or give an interview as he was due in work at 10pm. Would take an educated guess that he is Tommy Buckleys son btw. Any Rovers fan will tell you that not one of the Bohs team would make the Rovers squad. Considering we are aiming for mid table Im delighted with the performance.

Comment

Yeah Dennehy and Mccabe should have started. Would have sretched things and give the centre midfield lads more space. They were needlessly compact in the middle as Bohs were offering little in attack. Hard to see Bohs keeping up that level of intensity all season though...
                            Profit before people.

Comment

Yeah Dennehey and Mccabe should have started. Would have sretched things and give the centre midfield lads more space. They were needlessly compact in the middle as Bohs were offering little in attack. Hard to see Bohs keeping up that level of intensity all season though...
                              That's how shams play against the better teams Bohs/Pats/Sligo etc

they only open up against the weaker teams

It usually works when Twigg is on form (on the pitch) as he only needs 1-2 chances

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambo View Post
                                That's how shams play against the better teams Bohs/Pats/Sligo etc

they only open up against the weaker teams

It usually works when Twigg is on form (on the pitch) as he only needs 1-2 chances
                                agree completely with this!

Oscar, not knocking what bohs are doing. They played their part perfectly. A draw was a fair result, but if any team was to win it woulda been fair to say Shams. But yeh credit to them. Overachieving with what they have. If they played last season with the same bite they'd be champions.

chambers was missed in the middle also. Mc cormack a little light. The problem seems to be with rovers that they have such good players even the dont know their best starting line up, depending on the opposition. They should have gone with a bit more strength and/or width and properly stretched bohs.

Also i dont rate o'neills ability to make decisions in running. That change should of been made last night after 30 minutes
                                GAA News Website

Comment

Cracking bet tonight.

Finn Harps 6/4 to beat Athlone.

The 5-0 on Friday did not tell the whole story of the game. Finn Harps were very good for long periods and look very dangerous up from with McHugh & Oisin McMenimen.

Athlone were very limited when I saw them a few weeks ago. I wouldn't read too much into the win in Wexford.

Comment

yeh also on this bet. think its a good one

Also think shamrocks should be slightly odds against, but strugglin to find the market to oppose them
                                    GAA News Website

Comment

If ye fancy em that much for tonight ye surely fancy em at 11/10 at home to Longford the weekend, if so I'd take the 11/10 now. That market is a little askew as a result of the Cork hammering and they will shorten to a shade of odds on should they win by more than 1 tonight.

Shams will touch 2.14 on the machine will be hard to get a decent bet matched though, the Setanta cup doesn't get much in the way of liquidity.

Comment

funnily im hoping they shorten against longford, because i want the other side of that bet!

playing three games in 1 week and all the travelling will be a lot for finn harps esp with 2 or 3 injuries. Im also pretty impressed with longford this year.
                                        Ideal result Harps win tonight and shorten for friday
                                        GAA News Website

Comment

funnily im hoping they shorten against longford, because i want the other side of that bet!

playing three games in 1 week and all the travelling will be a lot for finn harps esp with 2 or 3 injuries. Im also pretty impressed with longford this year.
                                          Ideal result Harps win tonight and shorten for friday
                                          Yeh I'd have Longford edging it slightly at current prices even.
                                          As it happens I'm not that gone on Finn Harps tonight even.

Btw Pike are 5/4 to beat Sheriff YC this Sunday in the F.A.I semi final fancy giving me 9/4 about Sheriff??

Comment

i was reading the pike report on their game against corks avondale. John tierney didnt play, and afaik they were missing 1 other also? Whats the story with this?

Also were is the game on? Its the semi isnt it? who's in the other side??

Its more how i dont like/rate athlone than like finn harps. But we'll see after tonight i suppose

Edit: Its on in Dublin, and the bookie best price is 7/4!!!
                                            Whats the story with them injuries and how much would you be staking? might lay 2/1
                                            Last edited by Semibluff; 19-04-11, 10:55.
                                            GAA News Website

Comment

i was reading the pike report on their game against corks avondale. John tierney didnt play, and afaik they were missing 1 other also? Whats the story with this?

Also were is the game on? Its the semi isnt it? who's in the other side??

Its more how i dont like/rate athlone than like finn harps. But we'll see after tonight i suppose

Edit: Its on in Dublin, and the bookie best price is 7/4!!!
                                              Whats the story with them injuries and how much would you be staking? might lay 2/1
                                              They played Avondale in the munster senior having played league on Thurs night (need 6 wins from last 8 games to win league), so Deccy Considine decided to rest a few Pa Mullins(ex U.C.D centre half) Alan Barry (ex limerick centre forward) and Conor Kavanagh(ex blackburn midfielder). JT is injured and is a doubt for Sunday imo he is LOI premier standard, an excellent player and huge loss. These players were defo rested with the FAI semi in mind.

They play Sheriff in Dublin at 2.00 this Sunday(venue tbc).
                                              Heres the betting http://www.oddschecker.com/football/...-rovers/winner .
                                              I've already had a small bet on at 15/8 with PP wouldn't be goping in again at that price.

Also St.Michaels are on other side of draw and are my idea of the likely winners of FAI(and hopefully not munster junior v Carrick).

As for Finn Harps/Athlone I wouldn't put anyone off Harps I just wouldn't back em atm no matter how bad Athlone are.

Comment

Originally posted by Aya14 View Post
                                                They played Avondale in the munster senior having played league on Thurs night (need 6 wins from last 8 games to win league), so Deccy Considine decided to rest a few Pa Mullins(ex U.C.D centre half) Alan Barry (ex limerick centre forward) and Conor Kavanagh(ex blackburn midfielder). JT is injured and is a doubt for Sunday imo he is LOI premier standard, an excellent player and huge loss. These players were defo rested with the FAI semi in mind.

I've already had a small bet on at 15/8 with PP wouldn't be goping in again at that price.

Also St.Michaels are on other side of draw and are my idea of the likely winners of FAI(and hopefully not munster junior v Carrick).

As for Finn Harps/Athlone I wouldn't put anyone off Harps I just wouldn't back em atm no matter how bad Athlone are.

cool. Well good luck with your sheriff bet, but i seriously think that they are an inferior team to pike. With their Cf (rock) and cm Will (who plays poker too in the its) their stand out players.

Agree tierney is very good
                                                GAA News Website

Comment

Originally posted by Aya14 View Post

Don't write off New Ross Celtic in this game, after beating Cavan Town & qualifying for the semi final, they travelled away to Rockmount last Friday & stuffed them 1-4 in the 1st/2nd round of the Ford FAI Senior Cup

Comment

Waterford United -v- Shelbourne

I really think the bookies are over reacting to Shels defeat last week by pricing us @ 17/10 for this fixture. We were quite unlucky in front of goal and should have been home & hosed by the 70th minute. Granted we were dire at the back we should have nicked this one. If we won last week we'd be no bigger than 13/10 tonight. Waterford also lost their last game away to Longford and their season hasn't even got going yet. The Blues have only managed a paltry 7 points from 6 games. They have been very poor in front goal by only managing to score 4 times, with 2 of them coming against Salthill Devon! Shels have an excellent record down in the RSC over the past couple of years:

Previous Meetings @ the RSC

Aug 06, 2010
                                                    Waterford 0 - 3 Shelbourne
                                                    (Shels Scorers - Corcoran, Cassidy, Gorman)

Oct 27, 2009
                                                    Waterford United 0-1 Shelbourne
                                                    (Shels Scorer – Griffiths )

Mar 20, 2009
                                                    Waterford Utd 0 - 1 Shelbourne
                                                    (Shels Scorer – Madden )

Nov 07, 2008
                                                    Waterford Utd 0 - 1 Shelbourne
                                                    (Shels Scorer – McAllister )

Jul 04, 2008
                                                    Waterford Utd 1 - 1 Shelbourne
                                                    (Shels Scorer – Breen og )

This is a medium sized bet for me tonight, it'd be a max bet only for our shaky defence. The Blues have been dire in front of goal this term so Shels defence could get away with it tonight.

Shels to bt Waterford @ 17/10 (Hills)

Comment

quoting previous years form is normally very tough to correlate back to this season with the amount teams chop and change. Although Shels havnt been too bad they have certainly increased their team with 4 superb players since most of the above results you talk about

Im licking my lips waiting for bohs to shorten again this week.
                                                      Already on longf DnB at evens
                                                      Would like to get on Derry if they drift and Dundalk should be a decent price. Really want to get Bolger back into the middle for them - he could really pull the strings going forward and could make them even better attacking wise (admittedly not adding much defensively)
                                                      GAA News Website

Comment

Cant see many surprises in the Premier League tonight.

Gone for a double of Cork City (-1) and Shamrock Rovers (-1)

Comes to c. 11/4

Comment

Good start.

City win 5-1

Cummins and Davin O'Neill with a brace

Comment

Rovers win in the end 3-1

Unconvincing as always.

Comment

Any ideas what sort of teams will be lining out for Bohs & Cork today lads?

Comment

Don't see Cork City making too many changes.

Have next week off.

Comment

Can see us putting a lot of kids out but havent heard anything, also the kids have been great.

Comment

Cork City starting line up

Starting Line up :McCarthy,Turner, Mulcahy, Spillane, Murphy, O'Neil, Escude- Candau, Duggan, Morrissey, Sullivan, Kiely.

Subs: McNulty, Cummins, Kenneally, J Murphy, Kavanagh, Holland, R Morrissey

That team is more than good enough to get a result down there. Very attacking.

29/10 (-1)

Comment

FT

Wexford 0-1 Cork City

City hit post twice.

Good to keep run going.

Comment

I'd strongly advise against backing Sligo Rovers until they:

A) Learn how to shoot
                                                                        B) Stop doing stupid stuff on the edge of their own box

Not saying bet against them either, as they can still click into gear on any given night

Comment

Shels -1 at home tonight @ 5/6 at home to Harps. I really think the home fans will be getting their moneys worth this evening.

Comment

i think sligo match up very well against ucd
                                                                            both footballing teams, russel will try and get the ball down, but theyll be chasing shadows tonight. Only thing is the ucd pitch aint great, but i think they could really click. Interesting to see who starts up top for them

hope bohs get backed in late so i can oppose (waiting on teams news for both also)

like limerick at 1/2
                                                                            also think dundalk will win. Quigley out for bray, broke his arm
                                                                            dundalks wingers will have a field day against the weak bray fbs. Brays biggest threat will remain from crosses and set pieces

personally wouldnt be in a mad rush to oppose finn harps, theyre under achieving and will get a result soon
                                                                            GAA News Website

Comment

Have a good chunk on Limerick on BF.

How Athlone have 3 wins in a row is beyond me.

Early goal please.

Comment

Kiss of death coming up here but Derry deffo value 2nite

Comment

Finn Harps 10/11 at home to Wexford Youths.10/115/64/5 etc.

This pits the team I have been most impressed with, with the the team I've been most unimpressed with on their visits to the Cross.

Harps under new management with Felix and Puizza Hutton combined with the long trek up to Ballybofey for Wexford make this a likely win for Harps.

They put up a good account of themselves last week in Tolka by all accounts so they are not far off.

Just need to start converting chances and I can see them pushing up the league.
                                                                                  Last edited by applehunter; 05-05-11, 16:51.

Comment

cool - i didnt no what to make of this fixture

think longford could get a point?

or maybe mervue a draw?
                                                                                    GAA News Website

Comment

Finn Harps are well worth a bet after last week's performance anyway. We were awful and we could have been 2 nil down at half time. The officials saved us twice - they have a stone wall peno turned down and a perfectly good goal disallowed.

Comment

I'm ALL over Derry tonight.
                                                                                        think Cork/Finn Harps/Bohs are all decent bets.

Comment

Read something interesting last night about the Europa League final in Dublin

Apparently:
                                                                                          If Braga win, Sligo Rovers start in the 2nd round of Europa League qualifying next season

If Porto win, Sligo Rovers start in the 3rd round of Europa League qualifying next season

Start in 3rd round means you get the 2nd round money automatically AFAIK & have a good chance of drawing a big side
                                                                                          but will also mean no home game as Showgrounds only meets round 2 standards

Comment

Read something interesting last night about the Europa League final in Dublin

Apparently:
                                                                                            If Braga win, Sligo Rovers start in the 2nd round of Europa League qualifying next season

If Porto win, Sligo Rovers start in the 3rd round of Europa League qualifying next season

Start in 3rd round means you get the 2nd round money automatically AFAIK & have a good chance of drawing a big side
                                                                                            but will also mean no home game as Showgrounds only meets round 2 standards
                                                                                            Where do you reckon you'd play in the 3rd round then, Aviva?
                                                                                            Profit before people.

Comment

Where do you reckon you'd play in the 3rd round then, Aviva?
                                                                                              or Tallaght?

also there is that horsejumping/rugby/Ireland played there a few times place on the southside that everyone forgets the name of
                                                                                              looked decent when Ireland played a friendly there last season

Comment

or Tallaght?

also there is that horsejumping/rugby/Ireland played there a few times place on the southside that everyone forgets the name of
                                                                                                looked decent when Ireland played a friendly there last season
                                                                                                Yeah Tallaght probably a better venue for the game alright. Bit of a trek for fans though. I'd definitely make the ten minute walk though.

Windsor is prob the closest biggish stadium
                                                                                                Profit before people.

Comment

Yeah Tallaght probably a better venue for the game alright. Bit of a trek for fans though. I'd definitely make the ten minute walk though.

Windsor is prob the closest biggish stadium
                                                                                                  Windsor?
                                                                                                  bad enough having to go abroad to play Derry!

The RDS was the place I was thinking of, Pats and/or Bohs have played there in the past so could be good!? (getting a bit ahead of ourselves anyhu )
                                                                                                  Last edited by Guest; 06-05-11, 12:12.

Comment

Did my bollix on Harps.

Still going to keep on the right side of them for the rest of the season though.

Interesting week ahead.

Shels vs City on Friday. Will tell a lot.

Comment

It should be a good one alright, nice change to see away fans for once. I'm hoping to see a tasty price on City tbh, the 4-4-1-1 / 4-5-1 ain't working for us and we are in bad need for another striker.

Comment

Am on Dundalk draw no bet at 7 to 4 but not as big as I'd be if I wasn't a bohs fan

Comment

Ugh, Dundalk played for nil nil but managed to sneak a win, they had 2 shots on target the whole game

Comment

Ugh, Dundalk played for nil nil but managed to sneak a win, they had 2 shots on target the whole game
                                                                                                            That was always the worry alright. Went with the 7/4 DNB in the end.

FAI Cup 3rd Round draw in full:
                                                                                                            Salthill Devon v Sheriff YC
                                                                                                            Drogheda United v Mervue United
                                                                                                            Waterford United v New Ross Celtic
                                                                                                            Cherry Orchard v UCD
                                                                                                            Monaghan United v Everton
                                                                                                            Wexford Youths v Derry City
                                                                                                            Crumlin United v St Patrick’s Athletic
                                                                                                            Greystones v Shelbourne
                                                                                                            Sacred Heart v Limerick
                                                                                                            Sligo Rovers v Pike Rovers
                                                                                                            Bohemians v Douglas Hall
                                                                                                            Dundalk v Galway United
                                                                                                            Longford Town v Finn Harps
                                                                                                            Midleton v Cork City
                                                                                                            Shamrock Rovers v Athlone Town
                                                                                                            Youghal United v Bray Wanderers

Comment

cheers to yourself and raheny red for talking me out of backing bohs with your posts
                                                                                                              had UCD and the draw in the rovers game, originally I was doing bohs aswell but changed my mind and went for the double only
                                                                                                              48

Comment

raheny, what price is too short for shels away to cork?
                                                                                                                nice to have a price in mind
                                                                                                                GAA News Website

Comment

raheny, what price is too short for shels away to cork?
                                                                                                                  nice to have a price in mind
                                                                                                                  Shels are at home btw. I wouldn't back us @ 11/8 or lower, I could be a bit cynical being a fan and all but I can't see us doing much this Friday. We struggled to do anything against the bottom two sides in the past couple of weeks. Granted we've recorded 3 clean sheet on the bounce in the league our lack of fire power is quite worrying.

I won't be surprised seeing us being priced up quite short but we'll defo drift a good on the machine come Friday 8 PM.

Applehunter what's your thoughts on the game and/or the betting for it?

Comment

id imagine you's will open at 2.2 and ill probably avoid a bet on it between 2.05 and 2.3 as im just not too sure on it. Although it is a pretty big home advantage

Cant see derry not winning easy tonight. Also PP price on sligo isnt bad

interesting article here - http://extratime.ie/newsdesk/article...val-challenge/
                                                                                                                    GAA News Website

Comment

Derry -1 at home to Drogs @ 5/6 is eyeing me up.

Comment

Derry -1 sounds like a bet.

I'd be laying Shels at anything up to 5/4(2.25)

Comment

Raheny Red, have you heard anything about the location of the Greystones match yet? I've yet to hear any solid information, apparently they've a decent enough set up but I'd still imagine it'll either be in the Carlisle Grounds or Tolka, but haven't seen it confirmed anywhere.
                                                                                                                          "In the world, there are many kings but there is only one God. I am God, I am El Tren" :{)

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X