X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Moneymaker View Post
    Howdy.

I don't get why 100 posts per page is a big deal, i've never changed from 25 posts. Old school ftw.
    Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
    Think 40 posts a page is about the maximum that can be handled with ease, unless you have a tonne to catch up on.
    I reckon we should all either stick to 40 or 60 posts per page. At least we'll all be singing off the same hymn sheet when talking about page numbers etc.

Maybe the mods could deactivate all other options once we agree?

Comment

Meh, Is there a real need to have the tone of BBV coloured so blue. Having a c or an f word every 2nd post makes it feel cheap. Decorum there boyz at least invert the letters a bit, makes them seem less offensive, and there are wimmins reading.

Comment

Originally posted by TommyGunne View Post
        Yes. Not at current prices, but I'm in already.
        I still think Punchestowns is good value at 7/2. Similar to Denman I expect shorter on the day

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

^ Any chance of getting rid of this newspaper thing from every post?

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
              In fairness you did say something paypal / ebay style under your temporary username! Think it was about working in online fraud prevention.

Nice bit of expansion ye've got going on out there at the moment. Another 100 jobs isn't it?

Yeah but they haven't really planned well so we are running out of room quickly. We might be taking over the old Creative Labs building or another Xerox one. I think the 100 jobs are for part time staff but it could all be for my department.
              Last edited by RasTa; 25-01-10, 10:55.
              Hunter S Thompson 1937-2005 - "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"

Comment

Originally posted by ianmc38 View Post
                Note to self. Stop using the same passwords on poker sites/accounts.
                Same username as well I guess. I hope it wasn't too expensive. Do you think it was related to the boards attack or do you know what happened?
                Turning millions into thousands

Comment

morning all
                  "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                    That's our hymn sheet.
                    X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                    Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

I'm missing for a few hours & next thing I know you're playing hide & fcuking seek.

Anyway found ye, good morning, this kinda feels like home

Comment

Poker Boards Ireland is where it's at!!

Splitters
                        Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by TommyGunne View Post
                          Any chance of links to the rest of the forum at the bottom of pages like at the top of the page?

eg Irish Poker Boards > General Poker
                          We'll look into it.

Comment

http://www.trentsadventures.com/ New chapter up yesterday
                            "I believe the target of anything in life should be to do it so well that it becomes art. You read a book and the writer touches something in you that you would not have brought out of yourself. He makes you discover something interesting in your life. If you are living like an animal, what is the point? What makes the day interesting is that we try to transform it into something that is close to art." - Arsene Wenger

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                              morning all
                              Morning. Nice username.
                              "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                Gone now hopefully.

Comment

Ian, is that your post in HSNL too?
                                  Foldaramus et foldarabimus

Comment

Hi everyone

Just like to wish the guys every success with the site.

Comment

Never mind

Comment

seeing as the BBV was always the place for random queries

anyone know of any decent resources for learning languages online? specifically French (would like to spend one holiday without feeling like a useless idiot every time I have to make a simple transaction)

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                          We'll look into it.
                                          Typical Admin attitude...
                                          This too shall pass.

Comment

Just gave Rush Poker a try there. I'll definitely be playing more of it, assuming my 5bi roll can ride through the storm (although might be worth mentioning that I sat in initially with the case $4.32 in the FTP account). Really hard to quit though when the action is so frantic and you can't just click the "sit out next blind" button.

Would be interesting to know if it was the guy who claimed to have an idea to revolutionise online poker and came onto Boards about it is behind it.

Comment

Originally posted by Moneymaker View Post
                                              Howdy.

I don't get why 100 posts per page is a big deal, i've never changed from 25 posts. Old school ftw.
                                              You suck get with the times man!
                                              "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Hi all,

I think the scheme should be different to boards.
                                                hopefully this place will keep going as it seems the poker forum has moved in a different direction to boards.

Comment

disturbing (for us) sign of the times moment last week; in a bookshop in town, last time I looked in their poker section they had about 2 rows worth of books. Thought I would take a glance and see if any new titles were in....there was 10 books in total.

poker is soooo 2006, what are all the cool cats doing now?

Comment

Gone now hopefully.
                                                    Before you get back to slacking ... How about an icon for the browser tab?

Comment

disturbing (for us) sign of the times moment last week; in a bookshop in town, last time I looked in their poker section they had about 2 rows worth of books. Thought I would take a glance and see if any new titles were in....there was 10 books in total.

poker is soooo 2006, what are all the cool cats doing now?
                                                      photography

Comment

Ok lads i need some help choosing an online screen name for the Boyle Heads Up thing, ideas throw them out there

Comment

Just had a look at the theory sticky, and I posted so bad. . Reading through any of my posts is cringeworthy.

I'm sure I still do, but god anything I posted back then was even worse.
                                                          Foldaramus et foldarabimus

Comment

Originally posted by phantom_lord View Post
                                                            photography
                                                            and Guitar Hero / Rock Band.

Comment

Tyler

Silver Hammer (what else could it be)

Comment

Originally posted by mickc View Post
                                                                Hi all,

I think the scheme should be different to boards.
                                                                hopefully this place will keep going as it seems the poker forum has moved in a different direction to boards.
                                                                Thanks Mick

A different colour scheme and layout. We're definitely open to suggestions, but thought that folk might be happy with the familiar, at the outset at least

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                                                                  Ok lads i need some help choosing an online screen name for the Boyle Heads Up thing, ideas throw them out there
                                                                  Tadgher-Tamer

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                                                                    Thanks Mick

A different colour scheme and layout. We're definitely open to suggestions, but thought that folk might be happy with the familiar, at the outset at least
                                                                    May I suggest, orange with purple polka dots and a rusty strap.

Comment

Paid for by Me, Kev, Ste and Lloyd, owned by all.
                                                                      Good stuff.
                                                                      Cooperation, just like when Bart, Martin, and Millhouse all pitched in to pay for issue 1 of Radioactive Man.

I never did see the 2nd half of that episode

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                        Good stuff.
                                                                        Cooperation, just like when Bart, Martin, and Millhouse all pitched in to pay for issue 1 of Radioactive Man.

I never did see the 2nd half of that episode
                                                                        It ended well for the comic

Comment

Originally posted by Solskjaer View Post
                                                                          Tyler

Silver Hammer (what else could it be)
                                                                          Had to google that one, i like it i dont think i was around in the Solskjaer days should be interesting.

Tadgher-Tamer
                                                                          Interesting.

Comment

can we say naughty words here?

Comment

can we say naughty words here?
                                                                              We havent put any sort of swear filter on, but lets all try and avoid looking like a pack of bold schoolkids.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                Before you get back to slacking ... How about an icon for the browser tab?
                                                                                I'm on it boss. I have one created and will upload it when I get home as I can't access the root of the hosting site from here.

Comment

So who is who around here now??

Comment

found you guys -

jez I dont post on poker boards for 2 weeks and look what I missed!!! cant believe they treated Llyod like that - il never use the poker section on boards again (il prob still post on fitness)

Comment

Helpdesk Questions

Mods/Admins/owners, can you clarify the following procedures/rules

1. The demodding process
                                                                                      2. The alluding to or rediculing of other threads on this site. Eg The counting down from 100 to zero thread (AKA, how many hairs has Nicnicnic got left)
                                                                                      3. Forum Betrayal, if I went back to the old BBV for sentimental reasons and kicked around a few tumbleweeds, will I be banned?
                                                                                      4. How many instances of Lol Liverpool are allowed per month?

Comment

book open on who's the first to get banned?
                                                                                        http://mobro.co/zuroph
                                                                                        donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

So who is who around here now??
                                                                                          I'm Tight Ted

Comment

just checking this avatar is working.

Comment

yes, i am a genuis at computering

Comment

Originally posted by Solskjaer View Post
                                                                                                Mods/Admins/owners, can you clarify the following procedures/rules

1. The demodding process
                                                                                                2. The alluding to or rediculing of other threads on this site. Eg The counting down from 100 to zero thread (AKA, how many hairs has Nicnicnic got left)
                                                                                                3. Forum Betrayal, if I went back to the old BBV for sentimental reasons and kicked around a few tumbleweeds, will I be banned?
                                                                                                4. How many instances of Lol Liverpool are allowed per month?
                                                                                                1. lolliverpool
                                                                                                2. Alluding to silly threads on other sites and remarking on their silliness is fine. We definitely dont want to be in the game of organising attacks on other websites though.
                                                                                                3. Nope not a chance. People are free to post where and when they choose.
                                                                                                4. The admin group is finely balanced here with 2 sane sensible sorts and 2 grumpy lolliverpool fans

Comment

I'm Tight Ted
                                                                                                  I am also Tight Ted. Interesting

Comment

Afternoon all.

Comment

If Lloyd got fcuked over for that little post of his i wonder what would of happened to Kev if they found out he was messing banning people for spelling mistakes

Tarred and feathered i reckon!

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                                                                                                        1. lolliverpool
                                                                                                        2. Alluding to silly threads on other sites and remarking on their silliness is fine. We definitely dont want to be in the game of organising attacks on other websites though.
                                                                                                        3. Nope not a chance. People are free to post where and when they choose.
                                                                                                        4. The admin group is finely balanced here with 2 sane sensible sorts and 2 grumpy lolliverpool fans
                                                                                                        Can we have a sub section where we can orgaise attacks on the other place, like Lloyd did last week only not as serious

Comment

Finkel is Einhorn > Raoul Duke is El Stuntman?

Comment

Excellent infographic of UK Government spending.

Its good that we don't have one like that for here, it would be too depressing.
                                                                                                            Last edited by Strewelpeter; 25-01-10, 12:23.

Comment

Do we have to go back for the boyles heads up thingy mr flushdraw or is it coming accross aswell

Comment

Originally posted by Howard_Finkel View Post
                                                                                                                Do we have to go back for the boyles heads up thingy mr flushdraw or is it coming accross aswell
                                                                                                                He said on the other thread that it would be a big hassle moving everything over here, so he is gonna leave it over there and people can jump back and forth to it.

Comment

Where the hell is El Stuntface? Not enough doom and gloom in this thread imo.
                                                                                                                  "I believe the target of anything in life should be to do it so well that it becomes art. You read a book and the writer touches something in you that you would not have brought out of yourself. He makes you discover something interesting in your life. If you are living like an animal, what is the point? What makes the day interesting is that we try to transform it into something that is close to art." - Arsene Wenger

Comment

Raoul Duke is El Stuntman?
                                                                                                                    how dare you, I bear no resemblance to that gibbering drunken buffoon. Hopefully he will not desecrate this new forum with his presence.

Comment

I'm Tight Ted
                                                                                                                      But what's your name?
                                                                                                                      Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

Yeah where's Rounders and Stunt. I was enjoying Rounders recent tales of bus woes.
                                                                                                                        Last edited by RasTa; 25-01-10, 12:37.

Comment

Istrangleppl.
                                                                                                                          Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X