No announcement yet.

FIFA World Cup 2014 - Brazil

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've seen Australia 0 points quoted at 6/4........ Thoughts?

Comment

Originally posted by Percy007 View Post
      If they get 1 point you'll lose imo.
      X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
      Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Dunno but I got a decent bet on them scoring no goals at 11/2 yesterday and was jolly pleased with myself

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
          Dunno but I got a decent bet on them scoring no goals at 11/2 yesterday and was jolly pleased with myself
          ^One of the few bets I've had so far.

Great minds or fools seldom differ?
          Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
            ^One of the few bets I've had so far.

Great minds or fools seldom differ?
            We'll soon find out!
            Last edited by NewApproach; 28-05-14, 17:19.

Comment

Last edited by Hitchhiker's Guide To...; 29-05-14, 11:09.
              "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                That's some of the similar reasoning behind Dzeko @ 100/1

They're odds on to get out the group involving Iran/Nigeria and will face the winner of a weak Group E which will probably be France. If they can somehow top their group ahead of Argentina, they will face maybe Switzerland unless there's a shock, so there's a possible 4, maybe 5 games for Dzeko.

In 6 out of the last 8 World Cups, 4 goals would have been enough to get you into the EW payouts, and with 10 goals in 10 qualifying games for Dzeko, and his great scoring form for Man City, there's no reason why he can't score enough goals to be there or thereabouts. I like Dzeko top scorer for Bosnia @ 13/8 too.

Into 66/1 after 2 goals last night against Ivory Coast, nice shout

Comment

I took that bet. They've a pretty poor squad this time and are in a very difficult group

Comment

Just browsing the markets for getting out of the groups.

Group D
                    Italy 4/11
                    Uruguay 1/2
                    England 4/7
                    Costa Rica 10/1

No nothing about the mechanics of setting up a market/Overrounds etc but surely these prices are terrible value?

Comment

had a look at the Player of the Tournament market. Anyone that has Bet365, Neuer is 200/1 there.

Justifying 200/1 shots is always a bit ridiculous but....
                      If Germany go deep, you'd have to think Neuer will be a big part of it. Ideally, you'd want an all-round good team performance with a sharing of the goals for Germany (likely as there's a lot of goalscoring midfielders in the German team) and heroic performances from Neuer behind a team that leaves a lot to be desired defensively (imo. Low is a poor coach imo and Germany are set up to give teams more of a chance than they should. So that leads to the conclusion that if they are to progress, the keeper would need to be in top form).
                      Germany go far or win the tournament, and there's no great standout performers for any other team (Brazil flop, Spain grind it out, Messi isn't the superstar for Argentina, Ronaldo goes out at the group stage, and every other team's good performance is a result of the manager).
                      Also, if Germany get to the final, I 100% guarantee Neuer will have had a good tournament and the pundits will all be talking about Kahn in 2002 and how after such a great tournament he made a mistake in the final. If Germany go on to win, Neuer will have done what Kahn could not and will be the German hero and naturally be awarded the player of the tournament.

So there you go, a 200/1 shot that's effectively even money
                      Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

...also the only goalkeeper to win............... so obviously due to, makes it 4/7.

There is a golden glove prize too.

Comment

I'm only on Oscar @ 50/1 for Player of the Tournament at the moment.

I'm not sure Neuer will have a whole lot to do in the group stages, so you're probably banking on a couple of peno shootout victories for the Germans to give him a chance to stand out. Germany are 4/4 in WC shootouts, and a total of 2 shootouts is the betting favourite, so Germany will need to be under a lot of pressure in their games for the bet to come off. glgl

Comment

If brazil win the WC then Neymar will get the player of the tournament as he is head and shoulders above the rest of the team. He is simply awesome. Anyone that fancy brazil are better off backing Neymar @ 8-1 rather than 3-1 on Brazil.

Comment

Originally posted by Warper View Post
                              If brazil win the WC then Neymar will get the player of the tournament as he is head and shoulders above the rest of the team. He is simply awesome. Anyone that fancy brazil are better off backing Neymar @ 8-1 rather than 3-1 on Brazil.

Comment

Couldn't back this with stolen. Wouldn't even have him on a comparable level to any of the legends of Brazil past yet, didn't set the world alight at Barca this season at all, if anything going on pure form he was overplayed (due to politics more than anything) as Alexis and Pedro had better seasons than him. Still lots of potential but isn't anything like the finished article yet.

Also not that it particularly has a bearing on player of the tournament odds as defenders are rarely recognized but Thiago Silva is their best player by a considerable distance.
                                Profit before people.

Comment

dirty bastids

Brazil are known for their flair and flamboyance, but tactical fouling could also be vital to their World Cup chances.

Comment

Couldn't back this with stolen. Wouldn't even have him on a comparable level to any of the legends of Brazil past yet, didn't set the world alight at Barca this season at all, if anything going on pure form he was overplayed (due to politics more than anything) as Alexis and Pedro had better seasons than him. Still lots of potential but isn't anything like the finished article yet.

Also not that it particularly has a bearing on player of the tournament odds as defenders are rarely recognized but Thiago Silva is their best player by a considerable distance.
                                    ya, depending on their style of victory, Thiago Silva could well get it.

I think IF you think 3/1 is a good price for Brazil to win the tournament, then 8/1 for Neymar as player of the tournament is probably a good bet, but personally I think 3/1 is very short.
                                    Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

Originally posted by Jam-Fly View Post

I think IF you think 3/1 is a good price for Brazil to win the tournament, then 8/1 for Neymar as player of the tournament is probably a good bet, but personally I think 3/1 is very short.
                                      Yeah don't even think this is true to be honest. Only once since 1990 has the player of the tournament actually come from the winning nation, so it's far from guaranteed that if they win it the golden ball will go to one of their players. I mean you're getting a slightly bigger price on Messi, one of the GOAT's of the game, playing for a team who have a dream route to the quarters.
                                      Profit before people.

Comment

IIRC is the Player of the Tournament not voted on by the relevant delegates at half time in the final or something like that?

Comment

if betting outrights on favs i.e brazil or argentina who are both generallys 3s and 4s.
                                          It is best just bet on the winning group because the price seems stay the same from looking at oddschecker.

You will have an extra team to sweat such as croatia/mexico or bosnia perhaps in argentina group. Not saying they will do anything but another team in the knock outs if its there is worth taking on board. And who knows they could still be playing in the comp while your favourites are knocked out and taunted for being useless pricks.
                                          Last edited by mugsy; 07-06-14, 02:01.

Comment

That was his first season at Barca and he is playing second fiddle to Messi. His Barca performances are incomparable to what he plays like for Brazil. He was the reason they won the Confed Cup last year. He is only 22 and has scored over 30 goals for brazil already and is on an upward curve. Without him Brazil have no chance in the WC. They would cope better without Silva than without Neymar.

Comment

Totesports gone 4/1 on Brazil now.

Comment

That was his first season at Barca and he is playing second fiddle to Messi. His Barca performances are incomparable to what he plays like for Brazil. He was the reason they won the Confed Cup last year. He is only 22 and has scored over 30 goals for brazil already and is on an upward curve. Without him Brazil have no chance in the WC. They would cope better without Silva than without Neymar.
                                                If you really think Brazil are as reliant on him to the point were they've *no chance* without him then surely they're way too short in the outright and it's a bad bet from that point.

I agree they'd probably miss him more, only because they've genuine world class depth at centre back to replace Siva with and a little short in forward positions but Silva's still an infinitely more accomplished player.
                                                Profit before people.

Comment

good auld cameroon

Cameroon finally arrive in Brazil for the World Cup after a dispute over bonus payments that delayed them for almost a day.

Comment

Totesports gone 4/1 on Brazil now.
                                                    Back to 3 now

Comment

Argentina to score over 6.5 goals at evens with coral. Surely a good bet given the teams they have to play and the quality goalscorers they have or am I missing something?

Comment

Originally posted by Paddypender View Post
                                                        Argentina to score over 6.5 goals at evens with coral. Surely a good bet given the teams they have to play and the quality goalscorers they have or am I missing something?
                                                        It is indeed a good bet and I shall be joining you on it.
                                                        Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Originally posted by mdoug View Post
                                                          It is indeed a good bet and I shall be joining you on it.
                                                          Joined you both.
                                                          The sport that unites Catholic, Protestant and dissenter has had its day of days. Pity anybody who can't enjoy it. Some day. Gerry Thornley 23/3/09

Comment

Originally posted by Paddypender View Post
                                                            sounds like an insanely good bet
                                                            Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

Is it just in group or overall?

Comment

Originally posted by FeetMagic View Post
                                                                Is it just in group or overall?
                                                                Group.

Bosnia/Iran/Nigeria

Hard to judge to Bosnian defense in qualifying (let in 6 in 10) as its was a poor scoring Group.
                                                                Last edited by Dice75; 09-06-14, 21:33.

Comment

Seems pretty spot on to me so

Comment

Originally posted by FeetMagic View Post
                                                                    Seems pretty spot on to me so
                                                                    1.78 on the exchanges.

Opr

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                                      Group.

Bosnia/Iran/Nigeria

Hard to judge to Bosnian defense in qualifying (let in 6 in 10) as its was a poor scoring Group.
                                                                      Oh rightttt, I will not be joining that so!! Glad my withdrawal didn't come through in time . Just for groups I'd be wanting 7/5 imo. Gluck with the bet but can see them getting 5/6 here too often for me
                                                                      Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Oh rightttt, I will not be joining that so!! Glad my withdrawal didn't come through in time . Just for groups I'd be wanting 7/5 imo. Gluck with the bet but can see them getting 5/6 here too often for me
                                                                        If it was for the tournament I would probably have re-mortgaged the house by now

Comment

jesus thought it was whole tournament also. Fuck sake, just shows if something seems too good to be true it usually is!

For just the group I don't like the bet. Bosnia are a decent team and teams like Nigeria and Iran are going to make sure they don't rollover so could well play very deep and defensively.
                                                                          Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

Originally posted by JohnOB View Post
                                                                            Bets so far -

Uruguay to win their group @13/8

Spain outright @7/1

Player of tourney:

Pedro (Spain) @50/1
                                                                            Costa (Spain) @40/1
                                                                            Gotze (Ger) @33/1

Win & Top Goalscorer:

Spain/Costa @50/1
                                                                            Spain/Ronaldo @100/1
                                                                            Brazil/Fred @40/1
                                                                            Argentina/Aguero @40/1

Group winner Accum:

Brazil, Spain, Colombia, Uruguay, France, Argentina, Germany, Belgium @50/1
                                                                            Took a bit of Di Maria most assists @18/1 and player of tourney @34/1.
                                                                            Went for Fred top goalscorer @20/1 and James Rrodriguez e/w @100/1 is very decent value.

Also on Argentina now too @4/1

Comment

#98
                                                                              ciro immobile top italy goalscorer 8/1 coral looks value. he is at 4s in some places. mario 6/4

immobile is top goalscorer last season in italy.
                                                                              he is battling with mario to start and may oust him as tournament progresses.
                                                                              he will get some game time and when mario is off the boil he strops and does nothing. immobile could yet be the star of the world cup.

Comment

#99
                                                                                I backed Brazil, Spain, France & Chile to win: 50, 50, 25, 20. Laid Germany to win, and to qualify from their group (1/1.15!)

Bet on Fred, Messi, Pedro, Ronaldo & Dzeko for top scorers

Finally Betfair have a promotion where you can bet on each England match and be refunded if England lose up to €25. So I bet on the draw against Italy at 19/10. I get my money back if they lose, win if they draw and only lose the stake if they manage to win.
                                                                                Last edited by Hectorjelly; 10-06-14, 15:39.

Comment

Current Bets Done........

Neymar TGS E/W (€1950)
                                                                                  Kerzhakov TGS E/W (€3175)

To reach Quarters - (BRA/ARG/GER/POR/ITA/SPA - €1300)

ITA/GER/RUS to win Groups & HOLL to Qualify from Group (€680)

1st Matches - BRA/MEX/SPA/CHI/COL/URU & ENG Draw (€1500)

__________________________________________________ ______________________

Is Giroud likely to be starting for France does anyone know?
                                                                                  Also ditto with Podolski for Germany?

Tempted by the South Korean to be Top Arsenal Scorer at 10/1 if they're not

Comment

Added a few more to mine too:

Altidore top USA scorer 6/1

Benzema top French 6/4

Most assists Benzema 40/1 and Costa 33/1

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post

__________________________________________________ ______________________

Is Giroud likely to be starting for France does anyone know?
                                                                                      Also ditto with Podolski for Germany?

Tempted by the South Korean to be Top Arsenal Scorer at 10/1 if they're not

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/...nal-goalscorer
                                                                                      Giroud will start.

Doubt Poldi will but slightly more likely with Reus' injury.

They've been testing Gotze up front in last few friendlies so my guess for opening midfield/striker would be something like this:

--Schwein-Kroos--

Schurrle-----Ozil----- Muller

------Gotze--------
                                                                                      Profit before people.

Comment

only a few bets for me oddly enough
                                                                                        Put a fiver on a double of argentina win, drogba top scorer at 755/1 on betvictor last week(150/1 and 5/1) just to have a fun bet.
                                                                                        The serious ones are
                                                                                        Argentina win for a hefty amount

Have €150 on top scorers spread out between
                                                                                        €5-20 bets on all these e/w for top scorers
                                                                                        RVP, Drogba, Ozil, Ronaldo
                                                                                        €80 on messi and then €20 on neymar

Very big bet on all these to qualify at 19/10 Spain,Brazil,Belgium,Germany,Switzerland,Argentina

Couldn't have 2 from the same group so replaced brazil, argentina and spain and did this for €20 at 38/1 all to qualify
                                                                                        Bosnia & Herzegovina,Belgium,Germany,Holland,Ivory Coast,Italy,Croatia,Switzerland
                                                                                        Go big or go homeless.

Comment

The PP advancing doubles are a bit of craic (Both teams to go through in any order).
                                                                                          Big mug accums on obv.

Comment

Trying to find win/top scorer double of Brazil/Dzeko but can't on Paddy Power.

I see Bosnia/Dzeko double is only 300/1 so I'd assume that supposed to be what I want.

Anybody know?

Comment

Originally posted by TheJiggaman View Post

I see Bosnia/Dzeko double is only 300/1 so I'd assume that supposed to be what I want.

Anybody know?
                                                                                              You can call up and get a price on it easy enough.

Comment

Originally posted by TheJiggaman View Post

Anybody know?
                                                                                                267/1 on coral and betfred, if you ask some sites you could get a better price than that
                                                                                                Go big or go homeless.

Comment

The PP advancing doubles are a bit of craic (Both teams to go through in any order).
                                                                                                  Big mug accums on obv.
                                                                                                  Can you link me this please, cannot find it due to incompetency I wantttttt in!
                                                                                                  Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Can you link me this please, cannot find it due to incompetency I wantttttt in!
                                                                                                    Have only done it and seen it on the actual lists in shops. Just like I cant see the top goalscorer for country on line if anyone can help link me there.
                                                                                                    Unless I am missing something a lot more bets available in their shop coupons than online

Comment

I did this last week and i'm looking at an €11k return for my €10

Will check and see if i can find it.

Comment

Have only done it and seen it on the actual lists in shops. Just like I cant see the top goalscorer for country on line if anyone can help link me there.
                                                                                                        Unless I am missing something a lot more bets available in their shop coupons than online
                                                                                                        Glad I'm not going insane at least!! Have found it on another site though but don't have much money on there so I guess I'll go for long shots
                                                                                                        Also to add to my earlier bets I had 1 double, treble, 4fold & 5fold available on a site I don't even remember joining but logged in as I got an email..
                                                                                                        Double
                                                                                                        SPOILER
                                                                                                        Group A Straight Forecast Brazil / Croatia 2.65 -
                                                                                                        Group C Outrights Straight Forecast Ivory Coast / Greece 26.00 -
                                                                                                        Bet Type Number of Bets Total Stake Possible Payout Returns
                                                                                                        Double 1 €10.00 €679.00

Treble
                                                                                                        SPOILER
                                                                                                        Portugal v Ireland st Half-Time/Full-Time X/1 4.00 -
                                                                                                        Spain v Netherlands st Half-Time/Full-Time 2/1 26.00 -
                                                                                                        Ivory Coast v Japan st Half-Time/Full-Time 1/1 4.33 -
                                                                                                        Treble 1 €10.00 €4,496.67

4fold
                                                                                                        SPOILER
                                                                                                        Belgium v Algeria st Full Time Result Belgium 1.50 -
                                                                                                        Germany v Portugal st Full Time Result Germany 2.20 -
                                                                                                        Switzerland v Ecuador st Full Time Result Switzerland 2.50 -
                                                                                                        Ivory Coast v Japan st Full Time Result Ivory Coast 2.62 -
                                                                                                        Accumulator (4) 1 €10.00 €206.56

5fold
                                                                                                        SPOILER
                                                                                                        Brazil v Croatia st Full Time Result Brazil 1.30 -
                                                                                                        Argentina v Bosnia & Herzegovina st Full Time Result Argentina 1.44 -
                                                                                                        France v Honduras st Full Time Result France 1.36 -
                                                                                                        Ivory Coast v Japan st Full Time Result Ivory Coast 2.62 -
                                                                                                        Belgium v Algeria st Full Time Result Belgium 1.50 -
                                                                                                        Accumulator (5) 1 €10.00 €90.82

Most certainly no half measures with the double or treble then I became a pansy :P. One bet on argentina top scorers in comp at 7/2 and will do the group things and then I'm done for the competition. Feeling good about this!!

edit: for those looking to waste some money on johnob's thing like I am then http://www.oddschecker.com/football/.../dual-forecast - chance it to group b etc and add you pick and then click betslip and that way you don't have to use the shocking sites
                                                                                                        Last edited by mdoug; 10-06-14, 21:18.
                                                                                                        Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Here you go..

@JOB

Just use oddschecker and click on the country you want to bet on, and then you'll get the top goalscorer from there

Comment

For anyone looking to make a few bets on the World Cup. This Reddit poster does a fairly good write up of each team.

Comment

Tenner on Aguero top scorer & Arg to win @ 33/1, 20 on Dzeko @ 50/1 and 20 on Benzema @ 25/1 to be top scorer. More match bets to follow.

Comment

My speculative punt of the tournament:

Honduras to beat Switzerland at a standout price of 7/1 with Hills.

Final group and the conditions will suit the central Americans massively.

Comment

Have Argies and Chile outright. Chile probably the most underrated team in the competition, they've been playing a very pleasing brand of football for years now but have added consistency of result over the last year and a half. Nice confidence booster of an opening game against the Aussie before they face the two Europeans. Would be fairly neg about this Dutch side in general, Chile will advance.

Have Benzema and Aguero top goalscorers. Di Maria and Pjanic as player of the tournament.

From a match betting perspective I'm negative about Holland, Uruguay, Germany and Colombia in the group stages and will be taking them on to advance as well as in matches.
                                                                                                                  Profit before people.

Comment

Added a few more bets myself last.

Small punt on No England scorer at 40/1 for the craic.
                                                                                                                    Spain to win the Fair Play Award @ 11/2 and Bosnia @ 25/1
                                                                                                                    James Rodrigues MOTM for Columbia against Greece @ 8/1

MOTM award is voted by by the viewers on FIFA.com and on Twitter this year. Voting opens at half time in each game. With the absence of Falcao, Rodrigues is the main man for Colombia. He has 2.15m Twitter followers and would be the most popular player between the 2 squads. Twitter will be hopping at the World Cup, and if he puts in a half decent performance he's sure to pick up a ton of votes. Really like 8/1 here.

Comment

Have Argies and Chile outright. Chile probably the most underrated team in the competition, they've been playing a very pleasing brand of football for years now but have added consistency of result over the last year and a half. Nice confidence booster of an opening game against the Aussie before they face the two Europeans. Would be fairly neg about this Dutch side in general, Chile will advance.
                                                                                                                      Ya I agree re Chile, wouldn't be surprised to see them top their group

James Rodrigues MOTM for Columbia against Greece @ 8/1

MOTM award is voted by by the viewers on FIFA.com and on Twitter this year. Voting opens at half time in each game. With the absence of Falcao, Rodrigues is the main man for Colombia. He has 2.15m Twitter followers and would be the most popular player between the 2 squads. Twitter will be hopping at the World Cup, and if he puts in a half decent performance he's sure to pick up a ton of votes. Really like 8/1 here.
                                                                                                                      Assuming FIFA don't fix the voting on their site, this looks like it could be a badly priced market for the first few games. Twitter followers could have a really massive impact. I'll definitely do the Rodriguez bet anyway.

Also, thought I posted yesterday, but I having a bet on Croatia to bet Brazil today too. The implied odds of getting off to a good start negates all other factors

I definitely think there's a 10% chance Brazil choke. Usually it's retarded to base bets on long term history, but there is a history of big upsets in the first games of tournaments (France-Senegal, Greece-Portugal, Spain-Chile). Also, Brazil don't have the players to suggest they can handle the immense pressure they'll be under. Looking at their squad, Marcelo, Alves and Dante (who prob won't start) are the only players to have actually played consistently well right at the top level of the game in Europe. Thiago Silva won a Serie A, but other than that, doesn't have many massive games under his belt; Neymar didn't have a great first season at Barca after so much was expected; Julio Cesar, Hulk, Fred etc aren't playing at a top standard right now. There's a lot to be desired in that Brazil, so as opposed to unattractive odds-on betting of laying them to win the Cup, I'm gona chance betting on Croatia today.

All that said, the opposite could easily happen, and they could embrace all the energy and crush too. But fuck it, I think Croatia are priced high enough it's worth a punt.
                                                                                                                      Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

Have Argies and Chile outright. Chile probably the most underrated team in the competition, they've been playing a very pleasing brand of football for years now but have added consistency of result over the last year and a half. Nice confidence booster of an opening game against the Aussie before they face the two Europeans.
                                                                                                                        Go chile!

Comment

England to get to the Semi Finals

Whats my best option for punting that?
                                                                                                                          Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X