Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Beginners Guide to SNG's/MMT's (How to play well)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beginners Guide to SNG's/MMT's (How to play well)

Hello Everyone.

I am basically looking for a guide, be it Written, or video guide as to the basics of playing SNG's/MT's. Basically I'm looking to play 9/10man sit and goes and MTT's. I'm looking for information about what kind of hands to open with in different situtions, i.e. if its folded to me on the Button I know I can open a lot more hands than I can UTG but I've no idea about playing in all the different spots.

So basically what I've been doing since I started playing poker until now is looking at my two cards, looking at whats happened before me on the table and deciding whether to raise or fold etc. But I would like to understand the game much better and as I am currently not working I think I have a good opportunity now to learn more about what hands to play when etc.

So if anyone can direct me to a guide for SNG's or MTT I would greatly appreciate it! I'm really looking for the basics. BTW maths is not a problem, I'm and engineer so understanding maths etc is not a problem for me.

Thanks in Advance
    Regards
    Ian

it's a little dated, and overly nitty imo. But Harington on Holdem 1&2 are still pretty relevant in terms of the basics. Openign ranges, introductino to M-ratio, adjusting for stack sizes etc.
    You could do a lot worse than reading that then playing 100 tourney and reviewing your play

Comment

Working...
    X