Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
    Cheers BK, but as expected pretty miserable max bets
    What's the max bet on this?
    Double-decker bus enthusiast

Comment

€280 max bet not too miserable imo

Edit - for the punter than hasn't a clue and is just taking BK's word on it!
      Last edited by Flushdraw; 28-02-12, 14:08.

Comment

€3.65 here

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbleking View Post
          line should be closer to tullamore -20 @ 5/6
          Reasons? Why have they got it so wrong?

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
            €280 max bet

SPOILER
            ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

€280 max bet not too miserable imo

Edit - for the punter than hasn't a clue and is just taking BK's word on it!
              €365 for me
              People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
              Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
              https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Grrr, missed it.

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                  Grrr, missed it.
                  That was probably me taking the last of it!

Been a while since I blindly followed a tip!

Comment

well a couple of reasons

1. the Dragons are God awful - they are a bunch of old dudes who just play for the craic. They lost every game last season and the narrowest margin was roughly about 30 points. Any decent player they have leaves after a season to join someone else

2. The reason the score is -4.5 is because its hard to set a line for tullamore because they are coming up from 8's (the division below where we play its only 8 a side as opposed to 11) but they have dominated there and should have made the step up sooner. now this would concern me a small bit but..

3. the Dragons played tullamore in a scrimmage game during the summer and lost by 24 points

4. whoever sets the lines for PP doesnt really have a clue (as its a novelty market sort of) there is always loads of mistakes - for example UCD are roughly the same as Trinity yet Trinity are 14/1 to win the shamrock bowl and we are 50/1 (neither have a hope but thats besides the point) They took down that market because it was so shambolic

basically I think its a good bet and have stuck what I could afford on it (which sadly isnt very much)

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                      Grrr, missed it.
                      Still there? Just stuck €200 on

Comment

Thanks for the tip and the explanation, got a little bit on.

Comment

Line at -5.5 now

Comment

I probably snaffled the last of the -4.5 going back in after the explanation. Sorry about that!

Comment

I got it at -4.5 as well; fingers crossed! My mate is quarterback for the Dublin Rebels (current champs) so I guess I should ask him for some advice at some point, he pointed out wrong markets in these games a few times last year.

Comment

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post
                                I got it at -4.5 as well; fingers crossed! My mate is quarterback for the Dublin Rebels (current champs) so I guess I should ask him for some advice at some point, he pointed out wrong markets in these games a few times last year.
                                Definitely ask him!

Comment

I take it that -5.5 is still value?

Comment

BK in for some hiding when Dragons romp it

Comment

market suspended
                                      People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                      Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                      https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Might be a nice chance to middle it when the market comes back

Comment

Sorry that was prob me.

Blindly following a tip on Irish American Football from BK says more about my degeneracy and love of NFL punting than anything else. Clip emptied.

Anyone fancy going to the game? could be a laugh. Where's it on?

Comment

Jesus no way I would voluntarily go to Tullamore.
                                            ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Originally posted by Downtown View Post
                                              Sorry that was prob me.

Blindly following a tip on Irish American Football from BK says more about my degeneracy and love of NFL punting than anything else. Clip emptied.

Anyone fancy going to the game? could be a laugh. Where's it on?
                                              Fuck this will be -10.5 by the time I finish work!

Comment

Originally posted by Micknail View Post
                                                Jesus no way I would voluntarily go to Tullamore.
                                                Ugh didnt know it was in Tullamore. Forget it so.

Comment

Market seems down for good.

Comment

i doubt there would be enough liquidity to balance the market

Comment

Dam you school run

Comment

Market back up, lol handicap is at -7.5, Worth more lumpage?
                                                        Is this market available on betfair or anywhere else for comparison?
                                                        ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Out to 10.5 on the hc now, and down to 4/5.
                                                          ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

line should be closer to tullamore -20 @ 5/6

empty the clip and when you've finished epmtying the clip you find some more ammo and fire that too, Massive edge here

http://www.paddypower.com/bet/americ...x-3506229.html
                                                            Just got confirmation from the guy I know in the Rebels that the Dragons would be expected to lose by more than 4.5 in this weekend's match; he was also surprised by the line in his match (as I think he said they only scored more than 30 points in a single game last year) but didn't tell me to bet against them as the Rebels have had some great training sessions recently and the year before won their opening match 48-0 or something sick! He also guaranteed they would be trying to run up as big a score as possible regardless I'm guessing that they are the team to beat again, even though the outright market isn't live yet.

Anyhow, I've got €80 on at -4.5; it's actually one of the biggest sportsbets I've ever put on! I am the anti-degen, I know

Comment

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post
                                                              Just got confirmation from the guy I know in the Rebels that the Dragons would be expected to lose by more than 4.5 in this weekend's match; he was also surprised by the line in his match (as I think he said they only scored more than 30 points in a single game last year) but didn't tell me to bet against them as the Rebels have had some great training sessions recently and the year before won their opening match 48-0 or something sick! He also guaranteed they would be trying to run up as big a score as possible regardless I'm guessing that they are the team to beat again, even though the outright market isn't live yet.

Anyhow, I've got €80 on at -4.5; it's actually one of the biggest sportsbets I've ever put on! I am the anti-degen, I know
                                                              re the line in the Rebels via Cork match - I have a lot of respect for the Rebels they are a great team obviously as national champs but I think the line is ok for that match (or maybe its just because Iv emptied the clip into the other match) I can see where he is coming from though Cork dont travel well and there will be a lot of fans at the rebels game so they will be looking to put on a show

I think we may surprise a few people against the knights - its going to be extremely tough and we may not win but we will give it one hell of a shot and hopefully gain some respect

Comment

When is this on? I got a few pound on it.

Comment

Think I heard it was on at 12:30, a result would be nice if anyone could get it.

Comment

well a couple of reasons

1. the Dragons are God awful - they are a bunch of old dudes who just play for the craic. They lost every game last season and the narrowest margin was roughly about 30 points. Any decent player they have leaves after a season to join someone else

2. The reason the score is -4.5 is because its hard to set a line for tullamore because they are coming up from 8's (the division below where we play its only 8 a side as opposed to 11) but they have dominated there and should have made the step up sooner. now this would concern me a small bit but..

3. the Dragons played tullamore in a scrimmage game during the summer and lost by 24 points

4. whoever sets the lines for PP doesnt really have a clue (as its a novelty market sort of) there is always loads of mistakes - for example UCD are roughly the same as Trinity yet Trinity are 14/1 to win the shamrock bowl and we are 50/1 (neither have a hope but thats besides the point) They took down that market because it was so shambolic

basically I think its a good bet and have stuck what I could afford on it (which sadly isnt very much)
                                                                    FFS. Just seen this now. I'm pretty modest but I know I'll have a MASSIVE edge in this market having played in the league for 5 years. Admittedly this is the second year I haven't played but I do keep up to speed with the league and know most of the teams and their players inside out.

The QB of the Rhinos sets the lines btw.

See here http://www.iafs.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=5805

You'll get the results there very quickly. Probably around 5pm.

Edit: Wonder will he set lines on his own games. No way he can stay impartial in that situation.

Comment

Tullamore Phoenix beat Dublin Dragons 19-0 to open their #IAFL account for 2012

Shippity

Comment

Nice one, fair play BK!

Comment

Owe you a pint bk. Nice one.

Comment

WP BK, Anyone been paid yet by PP?

Comment

re the line in the Rebels via Cork match - I have a lot of respect for the Rebels they are a great team obviously as national champs but I think the line is ok for that match (or maybe its just because Iv emptied the clip into the other match) I can see where he is coming from though Cork dont travel well and there will be a lot of fans at the rebels game so they will be looking to put on a show

I think we may surprise a few people against the knights - its going to be extremely tough and we may not win but we will give it one hell of a shot and hopefully gain some respect
                                                                              happy the bet came in lads I hope you all made a nice few euros.

Its a bit bitter sweet for me though as we lost to the Knights 13 - 8. easily covering the spread of 24 but we had our chances to take it. Hopefully that result will get is a bit more respect in the league. I would write up a full report but Im in bits right now and not really in the mood. they are one of the top teams in the league so it kinda sucks not to beat them but what can you do

Comment

WP BK, Anyone been paid yet by PP?
                                                                                No still pending for me anyway.

UL BK, good result against that team though.

Comment

write up a report when you get a chance, be interesting to read

PP wont be settling this until monday id imagine when they check results on website or newspaper (proving how lil they know about it)

Surprised they took anything big on this at all!
                                                                                  GAA News Website

Comment

Originally posted by Semibluff View Post
                                                                                    write up a report when you get a chance, be interesting to read

PP wont be settling this until monday id imagine when they check results on website or newspaper (proving how lil they know about it)

Surprised they took anything big on this at all!
                                                                                    Just got paid

Comment

Should be a report on americanfootball.ie at some stage.

That's a great result BK wp.

One thing to look out for in this league is that home advantage is massive if the away team has to make a big journey. Either North to Dublin, South to Dublin or ever more so for South to North and vice-versa. As the season goes on squads wear thin. I know from experience that it wouldn't be unusual to have 10 more players at home games vs away games for games later on in the season.

Rebels won 20-8 btw.

Comment

We (Cork) played , seemingly shocking today. I havent been training in weeks but going to get back into it next weekend to fight for a starting place again. Shocking performance today according to a few of the lads. Expected really. We need to pull the finger out. The Rebels are a great team though.

Comment

What was the max bet on that market does anyone know? I'd say you'll be limited fairly soon if showing obvious edge.
                                                                                          Profit before people.

Comment

Carrickfergus Knights @ UCD

This was always going to be a tall order for the students kicking off the season to the carickfergus Knights - a team that were unlucky not to make the Shamrock bowl last year having been beaten in the playoffs to a strong rebels outfit. In contrast UCD went 4-4 last season and struggled to find consistency. The preseason odds for lifting the shamrock bowl of 5/1 and 50/1 respectively underlined how difficult the game would be for the home team and a spread of 24.5 reflected that.

ah fuck it im not writing the rest of the report in the 3rd person its just easier to write normally...

The knights took us for granted at the start to be honest benching their starting RB and WR saving them for their big game against Limerick next week. however we shut them down completely in the first quarter - they persisted in throwing on us even though our pass coverage was excellent and we got 2 interceptions and ran them back for short gains. Unfortunately our offense couldnt get moving at all apart from a 30 yard bomb on 3rd and long but we subsequently had to punt.

At the start of the second quarter they reverted to their full strength team and started to run on us consistently - apart from giving up the odd 7/8 yard run we coped pretty well and you could see they were getting frustrated. The only problem was that our offense was completely ineffective which meant quick 3 and outs and our defense was getting tired but fortunately we held out until half time to leave the score at 0-0.

The third quarter was a disaster from our point of view - the offense fumbled after the kick off which gave the Knights great field position and we couldnt keep out the next drive from 15 yards as they rushed for a TD but we did block the FG so we only went 6-0 down. Our offense were starting to move a bit better and we drove down the field and after a punt they had to start at their own 20. Unfortunately we then gave up the biggest play of the game. We thought we had stopped a play in the backfield but somehow the QB managed to scramble free and our corner missed the resulting tackle meaning he ran 70 yards before our FS hit him out of bounds. They ran the hurry up offense and busted it up the gut to go 13-0 ahead going into the final quarter

I played Iron man for the last quarter which was fun - playing MLB and RT (this means I was playing both offense and defense) we managed to pick off a knights throw - on one of the only occasions they didnt run on us. Then we drove 70 yards down the field to get our first and deserved TD. we converted the 2 pointer to leave it 13 - 8. with 2 minutes left the resulting onside kick was mayhem - I think at one stage I thought I had the ball but when 20 person pileup was cleared the knights had the ball and they knelt out the game to take the win.

Obviously very disappointed to lose even if nobody gave us a hope. I thought our defense coped very well but they just wore us down. Hopefully the next day we can keep up the intensity for the whole game but we need to get our offense moving more - our O line in particular need to give our QB more time to throw the ball.

Our next game is against the rebels on the 18th of March. That will be an extremely tough game but one we need to win if we want to make the playoffs this year

Comment

Nice writeup BK, one question. How come you went for a two pointer? You were down by 13 before scoring so 2 x 7 point TDs is surely the route to go? Unless you always go for 2s?

Comment

Is John still coaching you guys BK?
                                                                                                'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

Originally posted by Pistol Peter View Post
                                                                                                  Nice writeup BK, one question. How come you went for a two pointer? You were down by 13 before scoring so 2 x 7 point TDs is surely the route to go? Unless you always go for 2s?
                                                                                                  we always go for 2's as do most teams in the league I dunno why but I think its because our blocking is woeful and we actually dont have anyone who can kick the ball properly - its harder than it looks

Originally posted by eagle eye View Post
                                                                                                  Is John still coaching you guys BK?
                                                                                                  yup hes our Head coach - been with the team 3 years now I think

Comment

Give a heads up if ye've a game around Dublin soon, wouldn't mind taking a stroll up for a look at it.

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                                                                      Give a heads up if ye've a game around Dublin soon, wouldn't mind taking a stroll up for a look at it.
                                                                                                      fixture list here

http://www.americanfootball.ie/iafl-standings/

we're on the road for a couple of weeks but we play Trinity in Dublin next month - thats an absolute monster game and a bit of a derby as we are the only 2 college teams. I'll let you know when the date is confirmed

Comment

lines for the weekends games are up

http://www.paddypower.com/bet/american-football

Comment

lines for the weekends games are up

http://www.paddypower.com/bet/american-football
                                                                                                          More importantly, your opinion?

Comment

Originally posted by FeetMagic View Post
                                                                                                            More importantly, your opinion?
                                                                                                            if its ok I'll do up a write up tomorrow - there isnt any once ina lifetime value like last week but def still an edge there in 2 of the games

Comment

Rebels @ -9.5? Seriously?? I'd make them 3 td favourites and that would be at the lower end of my scale.

Comment

Originally posted by Lurker23 View Post
                                                                                                                Rebels @ -9.5? Seriously?? I'd make them 3 td favourites and that would be at the lower end of my scale.
                                                                                                                eh shhhh till I can get loot on please

I make the line about 17-18. they were poor last week from what I saw but Trinners are very 1 dimensional - shut down McDowel and you shut down trinity

Comment

eh shhhh till I can get loot on please

I make the line about 17-18. they were poor last week from what I saw but Trinners are very 1 dimensional - shut down McDowel and you shut down trinity
                                                                                                                  Lol sorry. I've just maxed out on it. Rebels take a few games to get going on offense for sure but should beat that line. There's a bit of added spice to this one as Trinners head coach is an ex-Rebel and my old coach too. Rob is fantastic but what you say is exactly right.

Comment

Ugh -13.5 already - still value?

Comment

Got a small bit at -10.5. Is -13.5 value?

Comment

IAFL Week 3

ok might as well do this write up now as I have my loots on

Tullamore Phoenix (+11.5) @ West Dublin Rhinos (-11.5) 5/6

There is some value in this game and I have a medium sized bet on the Rhinos. As was discussed earlier the Rhinos QB sets the odds for these games and tbh he is playing down there chances a lot here. The rhinos are a decent team and Tullamore, while good enough to beat the dragons, are at least a 3 TD dog in this game. They couldnt get the ball back for 30 mins against the worst offense in the league and only managed to score when the Dragons got really tired. Im sure Ionpaul will confirm that his mate is playing down their odds here but even still I think the bet is value.

Belfast Trojans (-2.5) @ Craigavon Cowboys (+2.5)

I actually know very little about these teams - from the very little I do know this game is an absolute coinflip and I dont see any value betting either way but someone who knows more is welcome to chime in here

Dublin Rebels (-9.5) @ Trinity College (+9.5)

Bet of the week without doubt - taking the Rebels here. Like I said above Trinity are way too one dimensional. They have a very very good HB but the problem is their passing game is non existant. If the Rebels shut the run down like they did last year then Trinity will be in a lot of trouble. One concern is that the Rebels didnt score in the second half last week but it could have just been a case of job done lets try some stuff out. If I had to set a line it would be Rebels -18 so its worthy of a medium to large bet t current prices

Comment

lol scavengers from the start of me writing that post Rebels were - 9.5.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X