AND THEY'RE OFF.......FOR 2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AND THEY'RE OFF.......FOR 2014

A little early,but off we go for 2014 punting extravaganza(apparently means a large, exciting, and expensive event or entertainment),which could turn out to be right come the end of the year.Last one worked out well all the same so might as well give it another spin.Same craic as last year but will use euro instead of points and keep working on the value/reasoning side of things and hopefully will turn a wee profit in the long run,also try and keep it going for the full 12 months.

As always bankroll management & discipline will be the key,so give myself 200points @ 20 euro per point or a 4 grand bank to kick off,with a confidence scale of 1-5 points (20-100 euro) with a max bet of 2.5% of the total bank at the time of bet placement.Should be interesting to see how it works out at the end of the year and if it fails or makes a loss,so be it.

Gone for a antepost bet on our conor for the champion hurdle @ 9/1 with the indos for just 20 each way,reckon dessie makes a lot of sense here http://www.attheraces.com/article.as...ffort&ref=PA+R.

Out of the 3 we saw yesterday think oc is the most likely to improve the most over the next few months,will it be good enough?,who knows,but he does 'trend' well(better then mtoy & jezki)and with such a high percentage of winners coming out of the top 5 in the betting over the years,worth a wee pop at the odds,think its very realistic that he'll go off at shorter odds.

Anyways €20 each way with the bank standing at €3960
    Mattie McGrath wanna-be

gl amber few rookies getting man of the match should help.

Comment

ya,cool when they romp home the odd time alright,leinster have some crop of forwards on the way thats for sure.

anyways just stuck €20 on Luke's Benefit in the 1.35 punchestown @ 7/2,seems fairly well treated and has won this the last two years with the bank standing at €3940.

happy new year all.
      Mattie McGrath wanna-be

Comment

GL amber hope its as successful as the last. Was thinking of doing one of these myself but always wuss out.
        Jayzus, Sheila! I forgot me feckin' trousers

Comment

Couldn't have Our Conor, even with counterfeit. He was totally outclassed on Sunday.

Comment

Originally posted by Pat Mustard View Post
            GL amber hope its as successful as the last. Was thinking of doing one of these myself but always wuss out.
            Ah cheers lad,its a bit of Interest for the year ahead.Not many players end up beating the book in the long run at the game(5 per cent seems to be number batted around the place),what i try to do is to price up myself and take advantage where i think the line is wrong,which also means that i will back a hell of a lot more losers than winners but the few times they win hopefully will get enough back in to make it profitable long term.The first step would be to keep track of each and every bet,keep records and take it from there,so from this point of view a log is a great idea.

Originally posted by Arazi View Post
            Couldn't have Our Conor, even with counterfeit. He was totally outclassed on Sunday.
            Yup have to agree arazi,he was out classed on the day,but i also think you have to look at the bigger picture.His prep leading up to this race was poor at best and he stayed with them until the last hurdle before finding it all too much against two very much race fit horses in a race with five runners,two of which were pace makers.He,s still a very young horse so hopefully he'll have no more setbacks and he'll turn up,100% fit and give it his best shot,think the chance of some decent improvement is high all going well, so just wouldn't scratch him just yet,will he be good enough even if everything goes to plan,dont know but at the odds of 9/1 and from a stack of 4k,a score each way is fine i reckon,and of course the money the ijf will get out of it if he does bound on can only be a good thing.

Whist...,a good kick off with Luke's Benefit winning for a return of €90 bringing the bank to €4030
            Mattie McGrath wanna-be

Comment

Just a wee tenner trixie for me today

Solidago in the musselburgh 2.40 @ 3/1,Alpha And Omega in the dundalk 8.15 @ 5/2 & The Visitor in the last also in dundalk @ 11/8,works out at €650.63 from powers if they happen to turn up,with the bank standing at €3990
              Mattie McGrath wanna-be

Comment

No joy yesterday,going with leinster -10 @ 10/11 for €55 v connacht in the pro 12 this evening with the bank standing at €3935.
                Mattie McGrath wanna-be

Comment

No joy from the rugby with the cross bar proving costly,gave Luke's Benefit @ 11/4 a €20 win in the 2.00 naas,won well last week and has some course and distance form when winning this race a few years ago,will be off 117 with 5 ex which a Career high for the 12 year old,with the bank now standing at €3915.
                  Mattie McGrath wanna-be

Comment

Originally posted by amberleaf View Post
                    No joy from the rugby with the cross bar proving costly,gave Luke's Benefit @ 11/4 a €20 win in the 2.00 naas,won well last week and has some course and distance form when winning this race a few years ago,will be off 117 with 5 ex which a Career high for the 12 year old,with the bank now standing at €3915.
                    Followed you with this. WP
                    Even a stopped clock is right twice a day.

Comment

Yup,didn't look the hardest race in the world to win given most of the others could do with a few more furlongs to be seen at their best,would have gone a little bigger but for the weight,that was just the 3rd run over fences for Treat Yourself so would think there's more to come there,really like the look of Knocklong(10/1 this morning,went off at 13/2) who finished 3rd,he'll come on a ton from that run(the first in 251 days and just his 2nd hcp chase),dont think i'll be backing Luke's Benefit again over fences this year,but will be keeping a good eye on the other two.Anyways Luke's Benefit won with a sp of 10/3 for a return of €86.67 bringing the bank to €4001.67.
                      Mattie McGrath wanna-be

Comment

Gave Luddsdenene @ 5/1 a little e/w poke in the 3.15 thurles,seemed half interested lto with a claimer on board and Townend takes over today,just cant help thinking something could come out of the woodwork here,anyway €20 each way @ 5/1 with the bank standing at €3961.67.
                        Mattie McGrath wanna-be

Comment

Luddsdenene won well in the end with a sp of 11/2 for a return of €177.50 bringing the bank to €4139.17.Might be another one in Luddsdenene so worth keeping a eye on.
                          Mattie McGrath wanna-be

Comment

Good to see you back at this amber and a good start!

Comment

Hi guys I'm new here, can I join in on this or is it exclusively to a group thats already been going?

Also is the maxium 'stake' 20 euro?

Comment

Originally posted by horatio1 View Post
                                Good to see you back at this amber and a good start!
                                cheers fran,still trying to make sense of it all but sur i'll keep plugging away.Going to give diamond harry @ 13/2 a little poke in the 2.35 catterick for just €20 e/w(1/5th) with hacketts,the price is drifting but he's off some mark when compared to a few years ago with the bank standing at €4099.17.
                                Mattie McGrath wanna-be

Comment

cheers fran,still trying to make sense of it all but sur i'll keep plugging away.Going to give diamond harry @ 13/2 a little poke in the 2.35 catterick for just €20 e/w(1/5th) with hacketts,the price is drifting but he's off some mark when compared to a few years ago with the bank standing at €4099.17.
                                  Best of luck Amber ! Had to abandon my last attempt when the bank was held up by a blonde woman demanding money to fix her car! I had gotten a bit sloppy with it in the last couple of months anyway.

Hope to try again at the start of the flat but for the moment all spare funds going towards a betting fund to head over for the A.W. Finals day in lingfield on Good Friday! Can't wait.

Comment

Diamond harry drifted out to 8/1 but fell at the 2nd last when in contention so no return there.Just a few each way nibbles for me tonight at fundalk,in the 8.15 Califante @ 9/2 is where the pin landed,rated 99 at one time and ran well here lto off the current mark of 75 with 7 ex & in the 9.15 going with papas way @ 6/1 who won his maiden here lto over a shorter distance,its his first handicap and will have the first time cheekpeice on & a good claimer on board.Give both €20 each way with the bank standing at €4019.17.
                                    Last edited by amberleaf; 10-01-14, 11:30.
                                    Mattie McGrath wanna-be

Comment

Not the worst day with Califante finding one too good @ 5/1 but papas way won @ 8/1 for a return of €272 in total,royale knight is where the pin landed in the betfred classic chase at warwick tomorrow so good for €20 each way with 4 places paid which leaves the bank standing at €4251.17
                                      Mattie McGrath wanna-be

Comment

Royale knight finished in 3rd for a return of €70 bringing the bank to €4321.17.
                                        Mattie McGrath wanna-be

Comment

Pencilhimin @ 9/2 in the 2.10 navan is where the pin landed,its soft/heavy going with more rain forecast which could turn this into a stamina job.He finished second lto over 3 miles in limerick on heavy and has robbie power back on board who won on him before over 2m5f on heavy(mh),however its his first time on a left handed track,a few dangers as always with Gallant Oscar (5/2) and Better Back Bob,who was hacked into 6/1 from 12/1 last time and has cooper booked for the first time today,still give him €30 each way to Pencilhimin with his proven stamina with 4 places paid,with the bank standing at €4261.17.Reckon a lot of these could be gasping for air at the business end of things.
                                          Mattie McGrath wanna-be

Comment

No joy from Pencilhimin yesterday,given the bet was based on stamina to see him pulled up wasn't the best result,still worth keeping an eye on,interesting to see mick the man (who finished in 3rd) in his first run in 4 odd years.Star links in the 2.40 wolves is where i'm off to today,he loves the place and didn't get the best of runs lto in a class 2 worth a nibble @ 9/2 with boyles for €20 each way,with the bank standing at €4221.17.
                                            Mattie McGrath wanna-be

Comment

Star links got the job done for a return of €148.00 bringing the bank to €4369.17 Brunette'sonly @ 16/1 with pp in the 4.10 exeter has dropped to a handy mark at worth just a tenner each way at the odds for me with the bank standing at €4349.17
                                              Mattie McGrath wanna-be

Comment

Pulling in some consistent profit last couple of logs Amber. Nice work.
                                                Profit before people.

Comment

Ya,seems to be coming together at this stage alright,the last one was good but a little misleading as most of the profits came from just two bets and if one of those had gone south it would have put a completely different complexion on the overall result.Way too early on this one with the few bets done so far but i expect the win-ratio to drop as the sample size increases,but ya,going well so far.
                                                  Mattie McGrath wanna-be

Comment

Taking a chance malt gem @ 6/1 with boyles in the 3.45 thurles,might want a few furlongs more but that maiden win in cork last year has thrown out some very decent form since,has russell up for the first time which could help matters along.good for €20 each way with the bank standing at €4309.17.
                                                    Mattie McGrath wanna-be

Comment

Malt gem finished 3rd for a return of €44,in the 6.15 fundalk,the pin landed on Penny Serenade @ 6/1 with pp for just a €20 win with the bank standing at €4333.17

return was based on 1/5th odds,should be on 1/4,so proper return = €50 bank stands @ €4339.17
                                                      Last edited by amberleaf; 17-01-14, 23:16. Reason: 1/4 odds return
                                                      Mattie McGrath wanna-be

Comment

Nothing from Penny Serenade this evening,just a tenner trixie for me tomorrow,
                                                        Foxrock @ 2/1 1.35 naas,Katenko @ 4/1 haydock 15:15 & Sire De Grugy @ 11/8
                                                        ascot 15:35,not much value at the prices but they profile really well and returns €696.25 if they all happen to win,leaving the bank at €4299.17
                                                        Last edited by amberleaf; 18-01-14, 15:56. Reason: wrong bank.
                                                        Mattie McGrath wanna-be

Comment

Just the 2 winners from the trixie last weekend with Sire De Grugy & Foxrock winning for a return of €71.25,just a €20 e/w nibble on Doyenthedecenthing @ 5/1 in the last wetherby which leaves the bank at €4330.42.
                                                          Mattie McGrath wanna-be

Comment

Nothing from Doyenthedecenthing yesterday,rightville boy is where the pin landed for a little €20 each way nibble @ 9/1 in the 235 fairyhouse with the bank standing at €3290.42.
                                                            Mattie McGrath wanna-be

Comment

Nothing from Doyenthedecenthing yesterday,rightville boy is where the pin landed for a little €20 each way nibble @ 9/1 in the 235 fairyhouse with the bank standing at €3290.42.
                                                              the log must be running well when i look up results expecting your picks to be 'winner alright' nice shout.
                                                              any views on the thyestes??

lol,think you're missing a grand off the bank too............or else my praise is misplaced
                                                              Last edited by underachievement; 22-01-14, 21:47.

Comment

Originally posted by underachievement View Post
                                                                the log must be running well when i look up results expecting your picks to be 'winner alright' nice shout.
                                                                any views on the thyestes??

lol,think you're missing a grand off the bank too............or else my praise is misplaced
                                                                Ah ffs,i'm always doing that the bank should be €4290.42.Rightville boy won for a return of €265 bringing the bank to €4555.42.
                                                                The 2 i like in the thyestes at gowran park are panther claw & hunting party,going with hunting party @ 14/1 for €20 each way with boyles paying 4 places @ 1/4 the odds,hopefully might be a little value at the odds,with the bank standing at €4515.42.
                                                                Mattie McGrath wanna-be

Comment

Nothing from yesterday,just a few nibbles in fundalk tonight,Gold Falcon in the 6.45 @ 9/2 & Toretto @ 8/1 in the 8.45,try €20 e/w on both with the bank standing at €4435.42.
                                                                  Mattie McGrath wanna-be

Comment

No joy from toretto but gold falcon ran ok finishing in 3rd for a return of just €47.50(might do better over a furlong more)bringing the bank to €4482.92.
                                                                    Going with a outsider in the 335 leopardstown,Dysios @ 20/1 for €30 each way with 5 places paid,leaving the bank at €4422.92
                                                                    Mattie McGrath wanna-be

Comment

Right,going for a wee nibble of €20 on amtired @ 4/1 in the 3.50 southwell,we'll see if the ould bit of science pays off
                                                                      with the bank standing at €4402.92.
                                                                      Mattie McGrath wanna-be

Comment

Nothing from yesterday,going with apache glory @ 10/1(drifting) in the kempton 5.20 for just a €20 win which leaves the bank standing at €4382.92.
                                                                        Mattie McGrath wanna-be

Comment

No joy from apache glory yesterday,Malt Gem in the 335 thurles @ 13/2 for just €20 e/w with the bank standing at €4342.92.(935)
                                                                          Mattie McGrath wanna-be

Comment

No joy yesterday,malt gem(unseated jockey),last throw of the dice this month with armed guard @ 5/1with boyles for just €20 each way in the last at fundalk with the bank standing at €4302.92.
                                                                            Mattie McGrath wanna-be

Comment

#39
                                                                              No joy last friday which ends january,invested a total of €975 with a return of €1277.92 for a profit of €302.92 over the month so a good return over all.

Kicking off february with a €20 each way bet on dixies dream @ 5/1 in the 4.00 kempton with the bank standing at €4262.92.
                                                                              Mattie McGrath wanna-be

Comment

#40
                                                                                No joy last friday which ends january,invested a total of €975 with a return of €1277.92 for a profit of €302.92 over the month so a good return over all.

Kicking off february with a €20 each way bet on dixies dream @ 5/1 in the 4.00 kempton with the bank standing at €4262.92.
                                                                                Nice start to the month Amber
                                                                                Even a stopped clock is right twice a day.

Comment

#41
                                                                                  G'wan the dixies,won well @ 5/1 but got done for a rule 4 of 5 cent on the yoyo for a return of €154,abigails angel @ 10/1 in the 1.30 lingfield for just €20 each way,very open looking race but hopefully just might be a little value at the price with the bank standing at €4376.92.
                                                                                  Mattie McGrath wanna-be

Comment

#42
                                                                                    Abigails angel finished in 6th so no return there,just a tenner trixie for me today with witness of fashion @ 3/1 in the 1.15 downroyal,leavethelighton @ evens in the 2.50 downroyal & forest walker @ 7/2 in the 2.40 ludlow with the bank standing at €4336.92.
                                                                                    Mattie McGrath wanna-be

Comment

#43
                                                                                      Just a few seconds and a also ran from the trixie yesterday,so again no return,notice that tom mccourt who trains from stamullen, co meath has 3 horses entered in wolverhampton both today and tomorrow,Copper dock in the 8.00 tonight is worth a little punt @ 6/1 imo,dropped to a low mark and a little unlucky in running lto,also holds entry tommorrow night over 5 furlongs which is interesting,gave him €20 each way at the odds with the bank standing at €4296.92.
                                                                                      Mattie McGrath wanna-be

Comment

#44
                                                                                        Copper dock finished back in 4th,gold falcon in the 8.15 fundalk @ 9/2 with pp for a €40 win for me today with the bank standing at €4256.92.

just a crisp €20 euro note on Cian Healy for the motm @ 20/1 with the bank standing at €4236.92.
                                                                                        Last edited by amberleaf; 07-02-14, 11:52. Reason: rugby bet
                                                                                        Mattie McGrath wanna-be

Comment

#45
                                                                                          No joy the last day,star links @ 8/1 (drifting) for €20 each way in the 4 o clock wolverhampton with the bank standing at €4196.92.
                                                                                          Mattie McGrath wanna-be

Comment

#46
                                                                                            Nice shout
                                                                                            airport, lol

Comment

#47
                                                                                              Bejabus that star links is fast becoming my new best friend,15% win rate with 117k in the bank,not bad for 12k outlay for the connections.Anyways a return of €232 bringing the bank to €4428.92,Mucky Molly in the first at southwell @ 6/1 for €20 e/w & a €20 win on Hail The Brave @ 3/1 in the last at ayr will do me for the day with the bank standing at €4368.92.
                                                                                              Mattie McGrath wanna-be

Comment

#48
                                                                                                Hail The Brave finished in 5th & Mucky Molly finished in 3rd so just a return of €50,Pairc Na Leasa @ 8/1 in the 3.15 musselburgh for €20 each way(3pp/1/4) & and €20 win on Plough Boy @ 2/1 in the first at lingfield with the bank standing at €4358.92.
                                                                                                Mattie McGrath wanna-be

Comment

#49
                                                                                                  Hail The Brave finished in 5th & Mucky Molly finished in 3rd so just a return of €50,Pairc Na Leasa @ 8/1 in the 3.15 musselburgh for €20 each way(3pp/1/4) & and €20 win on Plough Boy @ 2/1 in the first at lingfield with the bank standing at €4358.92.
                                                                                                  If you backed plough boy in a powers shop you get full sp on dead heats which I didn't know before today.

Comment

#50
                                                                                                    Originally posted by horatio1 View Post
                                                                                                    If you backed plough boy in a powers shop you get full sp on dead heats which I didn't know before today.
                                                                                                    Nice one fran,had to settle for half stake at full sp myself which is a pain in the hole when you take on and get the better of a odds-on shot,still good spot the last day cheers for that.No joy from Pairc Na Leasa so just a return of €50,gave Alnoomaas @ 7/1 a spin in the 5.40 kempton for €20 e/w with the bank standing at €4368.92.
                                                                                                    Mattie McGrath wanna-be

Comment

#51
                                                                                                      Alnoomaas finished in 6th so no return there,just a few for me tonight at dundalk,Califante in the 7.45 @ 5/2 for a €20 win,first time cheekpieces and drop back to 6f should help the cause,in the 8.45,Regal Warrior @ 11/1 for €20 e/w,both bets with laddies,with the bank standing at €4308.92.
                                                                                                      Last edited by amberleaf; 15-02-14, 00:04. Reason: wrong race time
                                                                                                      Mattie McGrath wanna-be

Comment

#52
                                                                                                        No joy from Califante who finished 4th but Regal Warrior drifted all the way out to 20/1 and still got the job done for a return of €520 bringing the bank to €4828.92,in the 2.55 haydock,Emperor's Choice @ 9/1 is where the pin landed for just €20 each way with the bank standing at €4788.92.
                                                                                                        Mattie McGrath wanna-be

Comment

#53
                                                                                                          Alnoomaas finished in 6th so no return there,just a few for me tonight at dundalk,Califante in the 7.45 @ 5/2 for a €20 win,first time cheekpieces and drop back to 6f should help the cause,in the 8.15,Regal Warrior @ 11/1 for €20 e/w,both bets with laddies,with the bank standing at €4308.92.
                                                                                                          Great shout amber

Comment

#54
                                                                                                            Just took a chance on baby shine in the 205 ascot @ 6/1 for just a €20 win,big step up but is running well at present with the bank standing at €4768.92.
                                                                                                            Mattie McGrath wanna-be

Comment

#55
                                                                                                              Nothing from baby shine but Emperor's Choice finished in 2nd for a return of €65,took a punt on shanroe society @ 14/1 in the 4.20 navan for just €20 each-way,fair chance he'll fall out the arse of the telly but with so many others topping up in the cap,he might be there abouts at the finish with the bank standind at €4783.92.
                                                                                                              Mattie McGrath wanna-be

Comment

#56
                                                                                                                Shanroe society finished a well beaten 6th,swiss cross @ 9/1 with laddies looks a little big to me in the 4.45 wolverhampton so try €20 each way with the bank standing at €4743.92.
                                                                                                                Mattie McGrath wanna-be

Comment

#57
                                                                                                                  No joy again yesterday,going for a €30 win on Hidden Horizons @ 10/3 in the Wetherby 2.15 with the bank standing at €4713.92.
                                                                                                                  Mattie McGrath wanna-be

Comment

#58
                                                                                                                    Nothing the last day,going with a tenner trixie today with moonshine lad in the 3.45 clonmel,romantic fashion in the 2.50 ayr & john mor in the 5.20 also in ayr which pays a return of €532.19 with powers if they all happen to win,also going with kalico kalista @ 7/1 with indos for €20 each way in the 3.45 clonmel with the bank standing at €4633.92.
                                                                                                                    Mattie McGrath wanna-be

Comment

#59
                                                                                                                      Nothing at all from yesterday,going for a wee fiver each way trixie with powers,missie ella @ 8/1 in the 3.45 thurles,west coast dream @ 5/1 in the wolverhampton 6.30 & tohugo @ 14/1 in the dundalk 8.15,pays €5,682.50 if they all happen to win,with the bank standing at €4593.92.
                                                                                                                      Mattie McGrath wanna-be

Comment

#60
                                                                                                                        No good again today,just a few little pokes for me tomorrow,€20 e/w on Relax @ 7/1 in the newcastle 2.55,another €20 e/w on Modernstone @ 7/1 in the lingfield 3.30,just a tenner on england/ireland halftime/fulltime @ 9/1 with laddies and another tenner on sexton @ 8/1 for the man of the match for a total of €100 out the gap,with the bank standing at €4493.92.
                                                                                                                        Just stuck a tenner on henry first tryscorer @ 40/1 with pp(double odds if he scores the second)
                                                                                                                        bank €4483.92.

Went with scotland @ 7/4 with boyles for €40

bank €4443.92
                                                                                                                        Last edited by amberleaf; 22-02-14, 13:02. Reason: first tryscorer bet & scotland bet.
                                                                                                                        Mattie McGrath wanna-be

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                        X