Help building and defining muscle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help building and defining muscle

I am need help to develop the following parts of my body, thighs, biceps, triceps and buttocks if possible?

What sort of exercises should I be doing for this, I have absolutely no idea, havent really done any exercise since I left school around 9 years ago

I am around 13 stone but really want to get bigger with muscle.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

Why specificly those parts.
    It's quite common for people when they want to look better to focus on arms, and ignore chest and back. You should really look at getting big all over.

I'd start with an full body workout based around the compound lifts.

Bench Press - Chest, triceps
    Squats and deadlifts - Thighs, buttocks, lower back
    Overhead press - shoulders
    Pull/chin ups - back/biceps
    Some sort of rows - upper back

Then if you feel like it, throw in some isolation work, bicep culs, tricep pushdowns

Google "starting strength"
    That will answer a lot of your initial questions

Comment

Who is the bird your after?

Comment

I used to use the wannabebigforums back when I was into the whole weightlifting craic. Lots of really helpful posters on there and really good info about prettty much everything.

Comment

Originally posted by TheJoker View Post
          Who is the bird your after?
          That obvious?

Ex-fiancee not after her just want to show her what she is missing, saw her with a new fella this week and it fucking sucked

Comment

What Mellor said. Compound movements are the key.

Also, eat like a champion. Milk is your friend see GOMAD. You'll put on fat as as well as muscle which = bulk. When you get to a size you're happy with go on a cut and this will take care of your "defining muscle" goal.

Who knows, you may even enjoy getting stronger

Comment

As was already stated, compound exercises are the key to bulking up. That combined with a shit load of the correct dietary requirements will help.

I suggest maybe a 4/6 month weights programme, training between 3-5 days per week. Obviously, bulking up means that your calorie intake > calories burned per day.

Supplements are also very important to help maintain those muscle gains, so a good whey protein shake 3/4 times a day will take care of that.

Mass gainer supplements are a personal choice as well.

Getting ripped is alot easier said than done. But bulking up to a size your happy with and then implementing a "cut/cardio" phase is definitely the way to go.

One thing to remember is that when cutting, your also going to lose some hard earned muscle, so the key is to keep lifting the weights as heavy as you can during the cutting phase so that this maintains as much muscle as possible.

The cardio phase can be implemented during non weight days. So maybe monday = weights, tuesday = cardio etc.

A 3 day weights, 3 day cardio cutting phase will generate serious results after 6/8 weeks, providing you make adjustments to your diet(ie. calorie intake < calories burned per day)

Hope this helps ya a little.
              Carlo
              NextStopWhoKnows

Comment

Working...
              X