Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

World Cup 2014 Competition

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All, I was thinking of running a IPB user only competition for the World Cup this year. As you all know there are 32 teams involved in the World Cup so this competition will be limited to 32 players. I was thinking of doing a €20 per head competition where by all names will be put in a Random List Generator and all team names will also be put in a Random List Generator. You will then be matched to your equal number i.e.

1. RG 1. Brazil
    2. ZC 2. Germany
    3. Jp 3. Iran

The prize pool generated would be €640 and I was thinking of prizes as follows:

1st: €230 IPO Dublin Entry
    2nd: €230 IPO Dublin Entry
    3rd: €120 Tournament of your choice entry
    4th: €60 Side Game Entry at the IPO Dublin

All thoughts and suggestions are welcome.

I was thinking that the best way to do it would be that every player interested in playing would transfer €20 and their names to my BoylePoker Account and when all monies are in I could get Ciaran to give me the IPO Dublin Tokens etc and I will just transfer them to the winners accounts. Again, thoughts and suggestions on this are welcome too.

Once all the names are in then I would arrange to do the draw in Jp's Village Green Card Club on a particular date where any or all of you can come and witness it taking place.

If interested please post here as follows:

WC2014: RG67

The above competition was advertised initially in my Poker 2014 Thread in Live tournaments and events forum and it is where it will remain. I am putting the information on here to make you all aware of it. If you'd like to enter this competition with the 7 others including myself that are currently in then please visit my Poker 2014 Thread and pop your name in. Only 25 places remain

Sounds good
    If found please feed me chips

Comment

Maybe 4th just €60 cash,,some people mightn't play the ipo unless they win a ticket ad might not fancy travelling to it for just the €60 side event..just a tought
      If found please feed me chips

Comment

We have 11 entrants for this competition so far guys leaving 21 places to fill. Spread the word please as I'd like to sort this as soon as possible.

In so far are:

RG67
        Dobman88
        Lplate
        Frossach
        Deucewilder
        Aido O'Reilly
        NuckChorris
        Boylo91
        4ofakind1489
        Winkey66
        The Jiggaman

Should generate a good bit of craic and banter so get involved

Comment

Can you just take the cash instead?

Comment

Originally posted by Loopz View Post
            Can you just take the cash instead?
            Yeah any cash alternative option? Think this would gather more interest. Different story if the tourney entries were added to the prizepool.

Comment

As the monies are going to be lodged to my Boyles Account by the participants I thought it'd be just easier to buy IPO Dublin tokens and transfer them to the winners.....I can't see why tranferring cash would be any more difficult so yes, you could just take the cash.

Comment

Count me in so

Comment

In

Comment

Thanks, In

Comment

In.
                      “The only way to get smarter is by playing a smarter opponent.”

Comment

In for the World Cup Competition so far are:

RG67
                        Dobman88
                        Lplate
                        Frossach
                        Deucewilder
                        Aido O'Reilly
                        NuckChorris
                        Boylo91
                        4ofakind1489
                        Winkey66
                        The Jiggaman
                        Peter Campbell
                        Loopz
                        White Knight
                        JohnOB
                        shanno66

We are half way there guys, 16 more slots to fill.......let's do this

I will pm my username on Boyles to you all and you can lodge to my account. Once all monies are in then I will select a date for the draw to be held in Jp's Card Club. If you do not hold a Boyles account then you can pay in cash. PM me and we can arrange that.

Comment

In

Comment

PM sent with my Boyles username to you all. Let me know when you've transferred.

Comment

Originally posted by RG67 View Post

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The prize pool generated would be €640 and I was thinking of prizes as follows:

1st: €230 IPO Dublin Entry
                              2nd: €230 IPO Dublin Entry
                              3rd: €120 Tournament of your choice entry
                              4th: €60 Side Game Entry at the IPO Dublin

WC2014: RG67
                              As the monies are going to be lodged to my Boyles Account by the participants I thought it'd be just easier to buy IPO Dublin tokens and transfer them to the winners.....I can't see why tranferring cash would be any more difficult so yes, you could just take the cash.
                              Just read the second post - Cash Alternative - Count me in so.

Comment

18 entrants in and 14 more entrants needed folks, spread the word

Comment

I will enter if I can ship via Bank transfer and if I can take a cash alternative.

Comment

Originally posted by Megatron View Post
                                    I will enter if I can ship via Bank transfer and if I can take a cash alternative.
                                    I'll send it for you when i'm shipping my own on Boyles.

Comment

You can ship via bank transfer if you like, that's no problem and yes there is a cash alternative.

Comment

Sorry, also owing to past experience will there be an escrow for the funds?

Comment

I nominate Hornswaggle

Comment

Hadn't thought of it to be honest but if people would prefer this then I have no problem asking Jp McCann to hold the funds if that would make people more comfortable. As most people are more than likely going to lodge the money into my Boyles Account then I will withdraw it and bring it to Jp's on the day the actual draw will take place.

The date of the draw will be announced once all places are filled and all monies are in.

To date I have only received money from Aido O'Reilly although I haven't been on Boyles since Friday so there could be more there now.

My aim would be to do the draw on Thursday May 29th or Thursday June 5th in Jp's place as it is his busiest night where most people will be in attendance.

Comment

Stick me down, haven't got any loots online but will sort you out next time I see you if that suits. Possibly Saturday at the Green Isle if you are working that or the 888 game in The Village Card Club or even a bank transfer?

Carl

Comment

when i have seen these run before there is usually a prize for last. i.e team with lowest points and goal difference

alot of people will be out already after your draw. so keeps an interest for the people who draw hondorus/ alergia etc

Comment

I'm in. Can I send by stars or bank transfer? PM with details if so

Comment

hi ray pm me ur boyles details an i'll send monies

Comment

Go on sure, stick me in for the craic.

Connie147
                                                      https://twitter.com/MacauSporting
                                                      https://www.facebook.com/Macau-Sport...F6ntdyItUsAp7E
                                                      https://www.macausportingclub.com/

Comment

Hi Ray, I'm still waiting on your details please. I will lodge money in a shop if thats ok? Boyles account is inactive.

Comment

Transfer Details

Boyles
                                                          Username: RayGPoker67
                                                          email: raygpoker@gmail.com

Bank
                                                          Bank of Ireland
                                                          Acc No. 86846399
                                                          Sort Code: 900287

Comment

World Cup 2014 Competition Update

Entrants so far:

RG67
                                                            Dobman88
                                                            Lplate
                                                            Frossach
                                                            Duecewilder
                                                            Aido O'Reilly
                                                            NuckChorris
                                                            Boylo91
                                                            4ofakind
                                                            Winkey66
                                                            The Jiggaman
                                                            Peter Campbell
                                                            Loopz
                                                            White Knight
                                                            John OB
                                                            shanno66
                                                            Flushdraw
                                                            IPB Champ
                                                            Hectorjelly
                                                            Connie O'Sullivan
                                                            BigBadPat

That's 21 so far folks, 11 more spots to fill. Spread the word

Comment

Boyles
                                                              Username: RayGPoker67
                                                              email: raygpoker@gmail.com

Bank
                                                              Bank of Ireland
                                                              Acc No. 86846399
                                                              Sort Code: 900287
                                                              Cheers Ray. I will pop that in after the long weekend when I have a day off.

Comment

Ray I have sent money on boyle there now thanks to Megatron.

Comment

Put me in for this please Ray. Will get a transfer sorted over the weekend.
                                                                  International Poker Open 2017 online satellites available on GG Poker. Visit www.internationalpokeropen.ie for more details.

The IPO is one of Europe's biggest, longest running and most enjoyable live poker festivals with huge prize-pools every year.

Comment

Still 5 more places to get rid of and most of the money to come in guys. Let's try and get a push on this so we can get the draw done over the next couple of weeks.

Comment

Hey Ray,

I will take a spot and do a bank transfer if thats OK?

Comment

hi ray have just transferred funds to your boyles account

Comment

Originally posted by eoghan104 View Post
                                                                          Hey Ray,

I will take a spot and do a bank transfer if thats OK?
                                                                          No problem Eoghan

Comment

My apologies for not YET transferring funs from my Boyles Poker account.
                                                                            Tried to do it last Monday but found that I needed to get Player Transfer option re-activated on my account. Sent a mail Boyles Support but did not get time to follow up before I left Ireland for Malaga in Spain on Wednesday to be with my two sisters as one of them fell seriously ill while holidaying in Malaga.Not sure when I will return.

In the meantime as I do not have access to my laptop/Boyles Poker account

I should be obliged if Megatron can oblige and transfer 20.00 from my account BIGP09
                                                                            to yours. If not I will do it on my return whenever that is hopefuly before start of world cup.

Comment

#39
                                                                              Originally posted by BigBadPat View Post
                                                                              Tried to do it last Monday but found that I needed to get Player Transfer option re-activated on my account. Sent a mail Boyles Support but did not get time to follow up before I left Ireland for Malaga in Spain on Wednesday to be with my two sisters as one of them fell seriously ill while holidaying in Malaga.Not sure when I will return.

I should be obliged if Megatron can oblige and transfer 20.00 from my account BIGP09
                                                                              to yours. If not I will do it on my return whenever that is hopefuly before start of world cup.
                                                                              I can transfer it to ray on Sunday for you pat till whenever you are back.

Comment

#40

Nobody has player transfer active on Boyles, it's not allowed anymore. You just need to move the funds to your sportsbook account, contact live support through the poker client (it's easier) and they'll do it in a matter of seconds for you.

Comment

#41
                                                                                  stick me down please rg.... can you take two teams? the missus might want one but not an ipb'r? if not then just the 1 please, will ship over the weekend if thats ok...

Comment

#42
                                                                                    Originally posted by custardp1e View Post
                                                                                    stick me down please rg.... can you take two teams? the missus might want one but not an ipb'r? if not then just the 1 please, will ship over the weekend if thats ok...
                                                                                    No problem, I was trying to keep it as a IPB competition but if nobody else has a problem with it then I can't see why your woman can't be in too.

Comment

#43
                                                                                      30 entrants so far
                                                                                      2 more to get rid of

RG67
                                                                                      Dobman88
                                                                                      Lplate
                                                                                      Frossach
                                                                                      Duecewilder
                                                                                      Aido O'Reilly
                                                                                      NuckChorris
                                                                                      Boylo91
                                                                                      4ofakind1489
                                                                                      Winkey66
                                                                                      TheJiggaman
                                                                                      Peter Campbell
                                                                                      Loopz
                                                                                      White Knight
                                                                                      John O'B
                                                                                      shanno66
                                                                                      Flushdraw
                                                                                      IPB Champ
                                                                                      Hectorjelly
                                                                                      Connie O'Sullivan
                                                                                      BigBadPat
                                                                                      Eoghan104
                                                                                      Sammy O'Brien
                                                                                      Jp Mc Cann
                                                                                      Stephen Mc Lean
                                                                                      Glen Doyle
                                                                                      Eoin Foley
                                                                                      George McMahon
                                                                                      Phil Baker
                                                                                      custardp1e

9 of the above have paid guys so let's try get a push on that please. My aim would be to have all the money in and carry out the draw no later than June 5th but preferably the week before, May 29th.

Comment

#44
                                                                                        30 entrants so far
                                                                                        2 more to get rid of

RG67
                                                                                        Dobman88
                                                                                        Lplate
                                                                                        Frossach
                                                                                        Duecewilder
                                                                                        Aido O'Reilly
                                                                                        NuckChorris
                                                                                        Boylo91
                                                                                        4ofakind1489
                                                                                        Winkey66
                                                                                        TheJiggaman
                                                                                        Peter Campbell
                                                                                        Loopz
                                                                                        White Knight
                                                                                        John O'B
                                                                                        shanno66
                                                                                        Flushdraw
                                                                                        IPB Champ
                                                                                        Hectorjelly
                                                                                        Connie O'Sullivan
                                                                                        BigBadPat
                                                                                        Eoghan104
                                                                                        Sammy O'Brien
                                                                                        Jp Mc Cann
                                                                                        Stephen Mc Lean
                                                                                        Glen Doyle
                                                                                        Eoin Foley
                                                                                        George McMahon
                                                                                        Phil Baker
                                                                                        custardp1e

9 of the above have paid guys so let's try get a push on that please. My aim would be to have all the money in and carry out the draw no later than June 5th but preferably the week before, May 29th.
                                                                                        Please stick in Ryan Baba Boo and Lorraine Baker..... monies in JP's tonight (ob if no one else is making up numbers)
                                                                                        Last edited by westlife; 09-05-14, 12:02.
                                                                                        D15 CASINO, Mulhuddart Village (opp Blanchardstown shopping centre)

Comment

#45
                                                                                          Bit late seeing this
                                                                                          Ill go in if someone drops out etc..

Let me know if im in whenever and ill ship funds
                                                                                          PB

Comment

#46
                                                                                            Will ship tonight on Boyles.

Comment

#47
                                                                                              30 entrants so far
                                                                                              2 more to get rid of

RG67
                                                                                              Dobman88
                                                                                              Lplate
                                                                                              Frossach
                                                                                              Duecewilder
                                                                                              Aido O'Reilly
                                                                                              NuckChorris
                                                                                              Boylo91
                                                                                              4ofakind1489
                                                                                              Winkey66
                                                                                              TheJiggaman
                                                                                              Peter Campbell
                                                                                              Loopz
                                                                                              White Knight
                                                                                              John O'B
                                                                                              shanno66
                                                                                              Flushdraw
                                                                                              IPB Champ
                                                                                              Hectorjelly
                                                                                              Connie O'Sullivan
                                                                                              BigBadPat
                                                                                              Eoghan104
                                                                                              Sammy O'Brien
                                                                                              Jp Mc Cann
                                                                                              Stephen Mc Lean
                                                                                              Glen Doyle
                                                                                              Eoin Foley
                                                                                              George McMahon
                                                                                              Phil Baker
                                                                                              custardp1e

You're missing Megatron from that list. He wanted in ages ago, and i said i'd ship his and my monies together

Comment

#48
                                                                                                Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                                                                                You're missing Megatron from that list. He wanted in ages ago, and i said i'd ship his and my monies together
                                                                                                You are correct sir, thank you.

Comment

#49
                                                                                                  If it makes it easier for any of you I will be working in JP's card club from today until Sunday (if you're playing the 888 tournament) so you can pay in cash there if you like.

Comment

#50
                                                                                                    just stick her on reserve rg if other ipbs wana join its only fair they get in 1st.

Comment

#51
                                                                                                      Originally posted by PEACEBROTHER View Post
                                                                                                      Bit late seeing this
                                                                                                      Ill go in if someone drops out etc..

Let me know if im in whenever and ill ship funds
                                                                                                      You are in.

Comment

#52
                                                                                                        Will ship funds later today

Comment

#53
                                                                                                          The 32 entrants to the World Cup 2014 Competition:

RG67
                                                                                                          Dobman88
                                                                                                          Lplate
                                                                                                          Frossach
                                                                                                          Duecewilder
                                                                                                          Aido O'Reilly
                                                                                                          NuckChorris
                                                                                                          Boylo91
                                                                                                          4ofakind1489
                                                                                                          Winkey66
                                                                                                          TheJiggaman
                                                                                                          Peter Campbell
                                                                                                          Loopz
                                                                                                          White Knight
                                                                                                          John O'B
                                                                                                          shanno66
                                                                                                          Flushdraw
                                                                                                          IPB Champ
                                                                                                          Hectorjelly
                                                                                                          Connie O'Sullivan
                                                                                                          BigBadPat
                                                                                                          Eoghan104
                                                                                                          Sammy O'Brien
                                                                                                          Jp Mc Cann
                                                                                                          Stephen Mc Lean
                                                                                                          Glen Doyle
                                                                                                          Eoin Foley
                                                                                                          George McMahon
                                                                                                          Phil Baker
                                                                                                          custardp1e
                                                                                                          Megatron
                                                                                                          Peacebrother

Please transfer funds as soon as possible and send me a pm when done.

Thanks,

Ray

Comment

#54

RG67
                                                                                                            Dobman88
                                                                                                            Lplate
                                                                                                            Frossach
                                                                                                            Duecewilder
                                                                                                            Aido O'Reilly
                                                                                                            NuckChorris
                                                                                                            Boylo91
                                                                                                            4ofakind1489
                                                                                                            Winkey66
                                                                                                            TheJiggaman
                                                                                                            Peter Campbell
                                                                                                            Loopz
                                                                                                            White Knight
                                                                                                            John O'B
                                                                                                            shanno66
                                                                                                            Flushdraw
                                                                                                            IPB Champ
                                                                                                            Hectorjelly
                                                                                                            Connie O'Sullivan
                                                                                                            BigBadPat
                                                                                                            Eoghan104
                                                                                                            Sammy O'Brien
                                                                                                            Jp Mc Cann
                                                                                                            Stephen Mc Lean
                                                                                                            Glen Doyle
                                                                                                            Eoin Foley
                                                                                                            George McMahon
                                                                                                            Phil Baker
                                                                                                            custardp1e
                                                                                                            Megatron
                                                                                                            Peacebrother

Thanks,

Ray
                                                                                                            Keep missing this, cause do log in on my phone and just look at latest posts! Caught this 1 tho, will ship soon
                                                                                                            take sweets from strangers, lose everything!

Comment

#55

RG67
                                                                                                              Dobman88
                                                                                                              Lplate
                                                                                                              Frossach
                                                                                                              Duecewilder
                                                                                                              Aido O'Reilly
                                                                                                              NuckChorris
                                                                                                              Boylo91
                                                                                                              4ofakind1489
                                                                                                              Winkey66
                                                                                                              TheJiggaman
                                                                                                              Peter Campbell
                                                                                                              Loopz
                                                                                                              White Knight
                                                                                                              John O'B
                                                                                                              shanno66
                                                                                                              Flushdraw
                                                                                                              IPB Champ
                                                                                                              Hectorjelly
                                                                                                              Connie O'Sullivan
                                                                                                              BigBadPat
                                                                                                              Eoghan104
                                                                                                              Sammy O'Brien
                                                                                                              Jp Mc Cann
                                                                                                              Stephen Mc Lean
                                                                                                              Glen Doyle
                                                                                                              Eoin Foley
                                                                                                              George McMahon
                                                                                                              Phil Baker
                                                                                                              custardp1e
                                                                                                              Megatron
                                                                                                              Peacebrother

Thanks,

Ray
                                                                                                              Just seen this now
                                                                                                              Will ship funds in morning
                                                                                                              Let you know when it's done
                                                                                                              PB

Comment

#56
                                                                                                                Shipped just there for me and Megatron.

Comment

#57
                                                                                                                  My apologies for not YET transferring funs from my Boyles Poker account.Tried to do it last Monday but found that I needed to get Player Transfer option re-activated on my account. Sent a mail Boyles Support but did not get time to follow up before I left Ireland for Malaga in Spain on Wednesday to be with my two sisters as one of them fell seriously ill while holidaying in Malaga.Not sure when I will return.

Thanks for offers of assistance received todate with this.

I hope to bring my sister home by this weekend or early next week when I will attend to this.

Comment

#58
                                                                                                                    Bank transfer done from Peacebrother
                                                                                                                    PB

Comment

#59
                                                                                                                      Money starting to come in for this now so thank you for that. Anybody that hasn't shipped please do so as soon as possible

Comment

#60
                                                                                                                        Originally posted by PEACEBROTHER View Post
                                                                                                                        Bank transfer done from Peacebrother
                                                                                                                        Received

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                        X