2014 - Time to build.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KermitsDream View Post
    Chip leader going into today as far as I know. And he chopped the turbo last night!!

Live pro

Some Player all right! Hope he ships it!

Comment

Nah if you're gambling on it, I'll leave it at the $50. No point offering free rolls if I don't stick to them. I'll just run on Thursday and Friday when been on an anti biotic a few days.
      That's brilliant mate! I hope you're rolled for the hit and best of luck to your pal.

I'm Donkeykongg on Stars. I you want a chance to win your money back let me know and I'll play you head-up.

Comment

Originally posted by mdoug View Post
        Ah fair enough, okay if you can't get runs in due to sickness we'll call it 15 and if it is laziness we'll call it 50? seems fair
        Got given 5 days of anti biotics, and don't want to push myself with going to Amsterdam this day week. So just going say it's 15 for been sick? Stars user name?

Originally posted by Bodybuilder View Post
        That's brilliant mate! I hope you're rolled for the hit and best of luck to your pal.

I'm Donkeykongg on Stars. I you want a chance to win your money back let me know and I'll play you head-up.

Shipped. What kind of HU would you want to play? ha.. Taking this evening off, give the anti biotic a chance to kick in and hopefully ok tomorrow to grind.

Paudie got 5th for €5k. . Still a decent score, especially considering I was telling him he was an idiot for going down, should use the buy in for Amsterdam flights. No grinding tonight, going do two reviews for Chips1234 and watch Laois Hammer win the .fr major.

Comment

Got given 5 days of anti biotics, and don't want to push myself with going to Amsterdam this day week. So just going say it's 15 for been sick? Stars user name?

Shipped. What kind of HU would you want to play? ha.. Taking this evening off, give the anti biotic a chance to kick in and hopefully ok tomorrow to grind.

Paudie got 5th for €5k. . Still a decent score, especially considering I was telling him he was an idiot for going down, should use the buy in for Amsterdam flights. No grinding tonight, going do two reviews for Chips1234 and watch Laois Hammer win the .fr major.
          Just a HU sng like.

Comment

Done the first review for Karl. And David is FT of the .fr major. Lezzgo. One for the good guys. Day is going to plan so far.

Comment

cool michaeld18
              Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Chip leader going into today as far as I know. And he chopped the turbo last night!!

Live pro

3way chop with myself, I had all the chips at one stage but as turbo's go, good crack at the table though.

Comment

Gym 2/4 Yesterday

Done a full chest & tricep workout & finished off with 10 minutes on the cross trainer, obv want to get this to a longer time pretty quickly. I've always switched back and forth between doing some cardio before or after a weight session if anyone has any thing to chime in about what they feel is best go ahead, or whether you think it makes a difference.

--

Goals for the year:

Pokerwise my main focus is to clear make-up with my backer and get back on my own playing a lower ABI schedule, the reasoning will be pretty evident. I dont regret being backed i regret my work-ethic in getting better up until 6/7 months ago. I was playing a pretty high ABI on the back of 180s & very little post flop knowledge, the edge i had was too thin and i wont be happy until ive learned some more aspects of the game inisde/out.

For clarity this is the last 6months 0-$40 versus all games included:

So as could be expected very little variance vs a apx $30k loss in a ~1k sample of +$40 games. Lifetime graphs are a in the similar vein.
                  Obv having a goal without a plan is stupid so ive dropped alot of the higher schedule including the milly & warmup which although very high value most weeks would just be -$430 & gonna focus on working hard & grinding it out on a lower variance schedule.

--

Non poker
                  As stated fitness being the main goal but numbers wise im going to get to around 240lb which i think is decent for my height. Currently apx.258lb and my weight peaked a couple of years back at around 272lb A.k.a Massive.
                  240lb is just a bit of a ballpark, obv ok if heavier but its made up of a good build rather than fat etc.

I definately caught the travel bug with canada & mexico so not a goal as such will definately go somewhere again, when my poker goals fall into place mexico again is prob 1st on the list but also have an urge to go to malta.

--

Relaxing this week as ive studied & played almost everyday since starting my new schedule on the 21st of January, it turned out well i dont think i won an mtt but had 15+ final tables and made profit

i think 30% is in around my expectation for the ABI il be playing.

Not sure how il want to update this thread going forward there's of course no point posting short term mtt graphs so il try post some interesting hands, definately stealing fintans offering money for motivation technique .

--

West Ham were 18th in the league before the 3pm kickoffs, we finished last night in 10th, insane season at the top and bottom. Our run has been very enjoyable and takes the pressure off us somewhat, Southampton next has become winnable and a 5th clean sheet in a row would be an unbelievable achievment.

Comment

Originally posted by mdoug View Post
                    cool michaeld18
                    Shipped.

Originally posted by TheImprover View Post
                    3way chop with myself, I had all the chips at one stage but as turbo's go, good crack at the table though.
                    Geeeeeege... All the lives pro in this thread!!

Haven't been playing close to full days the last week. Usually only playing for 5/6 hours a day. Since I completely dropped 15s and starting mixing in some 9 mans, I've started looking at my hem results mid session again. I think it's a really bad habit, when I'm down over 1k$ it can be disheartening and leads me to stop regging. Need to get back to looking at most once a day at the very end.

At 48k vpps for the year. Was hoping to be SN by the end of Feb which is not going to happen now with liveaments and at least one trip. Probably make a vpp bet with someone next month for a bit of motivation. Should still make 500k easily enough even though behind pace at the moment!

Just changed my avvvy for the rest of the month. It's of an American grinder called 'Protentialmn'... We've never seen eye to eye. He's a bit of a prick to be honest, now I've got to look at his face for a month. Well played David.

Who are the mods on here? How would I go about getting the title of the thread changed to include David in here now he's put in his goalssssss! Malta or Mexico seems my dilemma at the moment tooo..
                    Last edited by KermitsDream; 12-02-14, 17:44.

Comment

What's it like playing 50 or 60 hours a week? It must do you nut in!

Comment

What's it like playing 50 or 60 hours a week? It must do you nut in!
                        Meh, it beats most jobs I think. It was much more enjoyable when living with other grinders. I was running good at the start of the year, which makes it far easier to grind. When on a d/s I find it harder to reg longer hours day after day.

This month is going to be a disaster in terms of volume. Out tonight for a 21st, and I don't days after drinking and possibly going to play Lappins game tomorrow evening, which will involve more pints. So the weekend is pretty much a right off.

Got Amsterdam on Monday with Kev and the day I get back I'm going to Finland for a girls birthday I met in Malta with Paudie. Should be good fun. Then with the UKIPT Dublin too there will probably be more nights out there depending on who makes the trip.

Also, last night I kind of drunkenly agreed to go to Mexico with Kev. See if that materialises. Ultra Music Festival at the end of March in Miami would be around when we're thinking of heading. It doesn't make much sense financially for me to go at the moment whilst trying to build my roll. However, after talking to Laois Hammer about it for a bit it seems like it be a good experience. Spring break in Cancun. Decent.

Comment

gyms 3 & 4

Feel like another week and i would be back into going habitually so same again for now, €50 freeroll for first person to claim it if i dont go to the gym 4 times before the end of next friday, will just post 4 receipts at end of week instead of clogging up thread with meaningless posts.

Good day back after a 3 day break, had 3 final tables at the same time earlier across 3 sites which was a fun hour or 2 but a bit of an anticlimax finishing 2nd, 5th & 4th in the space of a few minutes.

Another small goal would be to play alot more saturdays this year than i ever have, traditionally never treated them with respect poker wise but playing when the games are best and sacrificing some life Ev seems like the best thing to do atm.

seen this linked somewhere earlier, pretty sexy

Comment

Originally posted by Laois Hammer View Post
                            gyms 3 & 4

Feel like another week and i would be back into going habitually so same again for now, €50 freeroll for first person to claim it if i dont go to the gym 4 times before the end of next friday, will just post 4 receipts at end of week instead of clogging up thread with meaningless posts.

Good day back after a 3 day break, had 3 final tables at the same time earlier across 3 sites which was a fun hour or 2 but a bit of an anticlimax finishing 2nd, 5th & 4th in the space of a few minutes.

Another small goal would be to play alot more saturdays this year than i ever have, traditionally never treated them with respect poker wise but playing when the games are best and sacrificing some life Ev seems like the best thing to do atm.

seen this linked somewhere earlier, pretty sexy
                            I'll claim that! Enjoying the thread lads, has some good potential.

Comment

Originally posted by BrianN View Post
                              booked, got 1/4 out of the way already, you're probably have close to 0ev at the moment, sorry

--

Got a run at winamax main €100 game yesterday with just over €10k ftw but fizzled out in the last 2 tables.

--

Most interesting hand i played yesterday

I think its a good spot to turn what looks like a good hand on the surface into a bluff.. didnt think there was much value in betting the river but a ton of his value hands he would have to bet fold. Glad to be finding high level spots like this rather than just flicking out a value bet.

--

Back playing early today, the big 33 on a monday has to be one of the best value tournaments of the week.

Comment

for now, €50 freeroll for first person to claim it if i dont go to the gym 4 times before the end of next friday, will just post 4 receipts at end of week instead of clogging up thread with
                                Originally posted by BrianN View Post

Just going to get the membership in the morning committed enough at the min that it wont be a waste. $6.50 for 1 session is a sick mark up and think it works out the same for 5 sessions as a full month costs.

Not really much to update from my POV for now, had an exiting Sunday for other reasons, one of my friends paul delaney battled to 3rd in the sky poker event in Nottingham for £50k, it will be on sky tv around march/april so there was no stream but we were getting good updates from one of the guys who went with him. Gonna be two shows dedicated to the FT so that should be good.

While the ft was on Lappin put out this great blog

Comment

Nice hand siiiir. I'm a fan. Going write up a report now of the bender I ended up on/Amsterdam and Finland. Not sure how it'll be received, but will give it a bash and if people think I'm a dope it can be the last one. Leave a few details out as I feel it's more likely to find it's way to people I know on an Irish forum

Comment

Thursday the 13th of February. The day the lads ended their drinking drought. Of course the plan was we'd head down our local for two pints. Max three. It's always the plan. It was the night before Valentines, so we were hoping we'd maybe catch a few desperate lass's on the lurk for that last minute valentines night. It was absolute dead, but we decided we'd give it a few hours to see if it picked up. The next thing I know, I'm several jaager bombs deep in a taxi on the way to coppers. It was myself, the two Kev's (Kev squared in future) and Johnny. To convince the lads, myself and Kev had had to agree to pay the taxi either way. It's about a 60e fare and Kev got it on the way in. Can't pretend I remember anything that happened in coppers, I just woke up to two separate receipts from inside Coppers for 100e. That's never good news. I vaguely remember ditching the lads outside of Coppers craving a Charlie's. Also, never good news. Which of course left Kev to pick up the taxi fare on the way home also. WINNING .... Nah I sorted it the next day!!

-----------------------------------------------

After waking up in my Mums, just wanted to head home and chill out for the day. However it was one of my best friends 21sts. So I'd promised I'd head down to hers before hand and take some pictures. Play boyfriend for the day. Get on really well with her family, always enjoy flirting with her sister and Mum as much as possible in front of her. The picture looked somewhat like we were off the a debs.

She recently started a new college course, so was a good chance to creep her classmates. And I must say it was quite a good looking bunch of girls, defo enough potential to be tagging along to some class nights out. Overall, it was a decent night and not quite as much of a blurr. The double vodka I bought her 18 year old sister towards the end of the night was apparently the tipping edge that led her to being carried into the house by the taxi man. So we won't be owning up to buying that drink whatsoever.

I don't like grinding the day after drinking, and with Amsterdam on the Monday, decided that the weekend was pretty much a write off. Lappin had asked me to come to his game he'd arranged on the Saturday in aid of his cricket club. Had originally said I wouldn't be going, glad I did though. Was a good laugh and Lappin had organized it well. Had the football on and food for the laaaaaaads. I had a pretty soft table with Doke, Davey, Clayton and another gentleman I recognised from The Fitz. I decided to just deal the whole thing rather than pass the button around. It would have just pained me too much as an ex-dealer to sit there and watch people attempt to deal. I think it was a 25k starting stack, which I lost most of in my first real pot against Clayton **strat alert if you want to skip**. The button opens at t400 I think it was. Clayton calls the sb, and I complete the BB with 7 5

Flop: K 7 5 (1450)

Clayton donks for 1k, which I think he can do with an absolute heap of hands, all the draws, 77, 55 as unlikely as they are when I block them and some Kx hands. I smooth call anyway, keep his bluffs in an re-evaluate the turn with the button getting out of the way.

Turn K 7 5 2 (3450)

Clayton again donks this time for a little over 2k. With it bringing the second flush draw, I think he can continue a lot of the hands that will donk like 86cc, 89cc, some Kx hands that will be good a lot of the time. The problem is, if I raise I just think I look super nutted, so unless I can get him to spazz out on a draw, I'm not getting him to put in worse. I'm just better of peeling one more and seeing what he does. I don't have a bunch of two pair combos, so can be a good spot for him to barrel.

River K 7 5 2 5 (8ish)

Clayton again donks, this time 5k. Now the decision was on me as the whether I should call or raise when I river the boat. I think he can have some Kx hands for value, because with so many missed draws, I'm just going to struggle to fold even hands like K8s, K9 here. He has 77, some 5x of spades hands that would donk the flop. I also, (before I found out he was 6/7 vodkas deep) ruled out K5 from the sb. So given the fact I felt I was winning the vast majority of time, and I can have heaps of bluffs given the abundance of missed draws and he might hero a K and never really fold a 5 I decided to shove. Was obviously absolutely snapped "77?" I asked. But naaaaah, he had the K5o. Then I found out about the numerous vodkas. Nice hand sir haha.

Ok that was far too much strategy, and this is becoming far to tl;dr. Might need to break it up into sections. I ended up busting to Kev 5th with 3 payed. I bet called Q4s on the river QJ 98 after defending my bb off 11bigs. The lads were a little bit shocked but I was happy with the play. Showing the Kev the 4 on the river probably wasn't my wisest move either. But this is life. Kev went on to win it HU vs Nick, which was grand because we had swapped if either of us shipped we get the buy in back. But most importantly, Kevin got the life pro pic he has always dreamed of.

Live pro in the house... 5 buy ins... Worth a pic...

After Kevs first major live tournament (Lappin is trying to get it on Hendon Mob, which would be great) we of course had to go into town on the celebration. Keep the session going. We brought Nick, Davey and Gareth along with us. Done a bit of a bar crawl if I remember correctly. Several pints in each, even met Nicks new gf, to prove she wasn't a figment of his imagination. Seemed like a nice a girl, and Nick is delighted, so whoop. Go him. I ended up getting chatting to a lovely Galway girl in The Porter House. She told me how she hadn't got any presents for Valentines day. In the absolute hula hoop I was in. I decided I was going to bring her to Paris, I had my phone out, trying to get on the website. However luckily I was too fucked and couldn't work the phone probably. I've woken up to booked drunken flights before, nothing makes he feel more like an idiot. Ended up hanging with her, the room mate and Gareth for a while and losing the lads. I think the 4 of us were heading towards Coppers in a taxi when I noticed Kev squared in another taxi beside us. Made ours stop, bailed on the 3 of them and hoped into theirs. Apparently we were on the way to the workmans. And luckily I can say it's not very often I don't get into places, however they were having absolute none of us tonight. I blame Kevin's beard. Ended up in the boiler room I think it was called, got one of the most expensive rounds I've gotten in, in a while. Only to find out when I got back, apparently Kev had got thrown out for starting on the bouncer after he asked him to leave for dropping a drink. And I have to say in the 7/8 years I've never Kev, he's been a dope at times, but never once even talked back to a bouncer. It was times for the lads to head home.

Woke up to the news that after I had lost Kev squared they had attempted to go to the Fitz. McKeown has never played live, as much as he loves grinding his lil heart out at 1.50$ heads up online. It would have been awesome if they weren't too drunk to watch Killeen put him into a live cash game. Alas it wasn't to be. I also had text messages from my Galway girl (I will put pictures up of girls fro other countries, but not Ireland, due to fear of this thread ever being discovered) saying I'd told her I'd meet for drinks on Sunday after my failed attempt to get her to Paris. Again with the day written off and Amsterdam the next day, had nothing to lose, so into town we went. Had a good buzz with her, although she is a proper adult, with responsibilities and the likes, good job and telling me about her 6 year career plan and I was just like ye, not sure where I'm going to even be living next month. She also kept up drink for drink so ended up absolutely battered. Had Amsterdam early enough in the morning, so had to catch a train and get at least a few hour sleeps before I fucked over my liver even more so.

Going to wrap it up there, seen as it's already a considerable wall of text. I will write up Amsterdam tomorrow and maybe Finland on Thursday when one tabling day 1a of the UKIPT. Also just booked tickets to Ultra Music Festival in Miami at the end of March. Couldn't possibly be more excited. Mexico isn't happening for now, Kev is flying out just before Ultra to leave his stuff off. Going to try and convince Paudie to come with me somewhere over the next few weeks

Also sorry if there's much typos, not bothered reading over it.

Comment

MOOOOOOORRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Amsterdam...

Having to get up at 9am after my first bender of the year was the last thing I wanted. Rolling out of bed and ringing Killeen at the moment felt some what similar to attempting to climb Everest bare handed. Nonetheless once I got a shower I was excited. It was the first time I was going to see Marc and Parker, (who I previously mentioned have probably helped me get to where I am in poker more than anybody else) in about 6 months. The last time I was in Amsterdam I hadn't got the chance to meet their two room mates either, Dia and Vanni. McKeown dropped us to the airport, with Killeen worse for wear than myself. He'd played a Sunday session, and remarkable the Sunday King had bricked it all for the first time in a while. Kev wouldn't be the best of flyers, yet the man insists on watching every Crash Investigation or any video in fact with planes going wrong on the regular. He's the video man. The two of us are absolutely amazed by planes. Every time we get a flight, we just don't understand it. It's a flying bus. Which moves us around the world and so rarely goes wrong.

Planes are mad...

We arrived early enough in the City and decided we'd go on a little bit of an adventure. Headed to a coffee shop first of all. And even though I don't smoke weed, I'm pretty sure I got high sitting in the shop, because I came out giggling like a child and talking absolute nonsense to Killeen. The plan was to pick up some Space Cakes, because last time I'd taking them in Amsterda I was far too drunk to know if it effected me. We also decided, for the first time the two of us would take truffles, aka Magic Mushrooms. Now, the smart thing to do would have been to maybe get the mild ones and take them in moderation, split a box between four maybe. Nope. We got the strongest ones possible. And 3 boxes for Kev, Parker and I. After we grabbed some food we realised we had no number for the lads or their roommates. We had both previously visited their place once, but it was a good bit outside the city on a tram. Good luck us.

In the end, I had to offer Killeen a €50 free roll. If I brought him on the wrong tram and didn't get him to their house he won. Thankfully after a few moments where I wasn't sure we got to the correct stop and I remembered how to walk to theirs. The lads were of course asleep, Parker had shipped the second chance and the day before and Marc had being on a bender, waking up to find out Conor (their new room mate) had shipped the free roll the day before for 77k, which he had 10%. Go on the lads. Dia, Kev, Parker and myself went shopping to get some food in and a few beers. A bottle of jaager, vodka, tequilla and sambuca later shit had quickly escalated. I took this moment to warn the lads that I would not be held responsible for my actions, as they decided we were going to start flipping for shots. I ran pretty bad to say the least. How it worked was, we all had a flip of a coin, if it was 4 heads vs 1 tails the tails drinks etc. On the way to dinner before 8pm I was 10/11 shots of Sambuca deep. This was never going to end well. The dinner we had was absolutely fucking awesome. Or maybe it's because I was fucking hammered and a Maccy D's would have done the job equally as impressive.

We were playing credit card roulette for dinner. So I of course got a steak. Can't be losing out on that equity. The flip came down to myself and Killeen. With how I was running in the shots department, everyone thought it was written in the stars I'd also be paying for dinner. But I was absolutely delighted Killeen had to pick up the €200+ bill. I don't think I'd ever seen him lose a decent sized flip for dinner in the two/three years we'd been doing so.

Dinner is always sweeter when somebody else pays...

We moved onto a pool hall with live music, and this is where I just became a nuisance. I obviously should have just calmed down on the drinks, but kept up round for round with the lads. I was annoying Marc playing pool, apparently claim to know all the official rules and enforcing them like a dolt. Well played Fintan. Got chatting to a group of girls who were moving onto a club, so naturally we followed them. This is where the alcohol caught up with me. I was sent to the bar to get a round, which would have cost me like 25/€30. The bar man decided to offer me a €140 bottle of vodka as an alternative. Seemed like an absolutely fantastic idea. GG me for the night.

It had a firework, how could I say no...

Next thing I know I woke up completely naked in Parkers bed. No cover on me. Not in the even the worst of it. For the second time in 23 years alive I had managed to piss the bed due to drinking too much. To make things even worse. Parker doesn't even have a sheet on the bed. So I had literally pissed his bed. The one previous time I'd done it, was at UKIPT Bristol at the players party. Myself and Killeen decided to stand at the free bar until one of us fell over. I'm just an absolute disgrace to humanity. Anyway, decided because I was up, it was time for everybody to get and take these truffles. This was when I found out, I had apparently been walking around the floor Parkers room is on lost, entering two of the roommates bedrooms I had yet to meet and just standing at the door looking lost. Talk about creepy. It took a few hours, but I finally had Kev, Conor, Parker and myself on board. We really didn't realise what we were letting ourselves in. The first hour was absolutely awesome, just literally could not stop laughing and every colour was so vibrant. After a while I started to hallucinate a bit much and ended up having the worst trip out of us all. Had to get Marc and Dia to look after me a little bit. The problem was that it lasted 6 hours, and it was just so intense. I would recommend people to give them a try, but be more sensible than us. Should have just got 1 box of the mildest ones, and shared it between the 4 of us. Not four boxes of the strongest ones between 3. Oh well, whilst in Amsterdam.........

After we all finally recovered from the intensity of the trip, we were contemplating whether we'd go out or not. It felt like an eternity since the night before due to the truffles. We decided to watch the Man City vs Barcelona and the girls were going to cook dinner for us. I was really adamant I wanted to see the red light district. It was my second visit to Amsterdam in 6 months, and I'd failed last time. However once we'd had some food, we decided Fifa and a few beers chilling with the lads what was in order. The girls had other ideas. Whilst we were playing Fifa they drank approx half a bottle of jaager in straight shots, and pretty much bullied us into continuing the bender. Few shots of sambuca later and we were right back on it. Obviously back to flipping for shots and playing kings to 5am was never going to end well. The girls decided to refer to Kev and I as Chet Faker and Flume for the rest of the night. Given how much they loved them, we were ok with it and took it as a compliment!!

Could be us I guess.....

I dragged Killeen out of bed a few hours earlier than needed to head into the city so I could finally see the red light district. When we found it, it was absolute madness. I definitely would have preferred to see it at night. Some of the girls were absolutely incredibly looking. Just moving provocatively in shop windows to entice you in. The thought of a hooker has never appealed to me. But if I had of walked through the district in the state I was in the night previous, I've no doubt one of these girls would have got me into their shady little rooms. We had said our goodbyes and was off to get on a flying bus again with Finland the next day.

Chet Faker and Flume?

The lads...

Last edited by KermitsDream; 26-02-14, 15:19.

Comment

Bleugh going trying fix them images...

Comment

Great thread

Comment

Didn't get anything going in the UKIPT today, never once was I above starting stack. Late regged 2 hours in, and had to fold a set within the first 20 minutes. Was just never going to be my day after that haha. Not happy with my exit hand vs UL Duffer. Will write it up, then grab some food and maybe write up the Finland post, although that's going to be the longest one and right now feels like a lot of effort.

Andrew opened button at t300 and I was playing 8k. Defended K9s in the bb.

Flop: K 2 5 (1425)

Andrew bet 600, and I check raised to 1900 I think it was. I was hoping if he had a FD we could just play for stacks, and if he has any pair I just don't think he's going to be folding to me very often. I think I'm better off just calling however, because K low low with a FD is a really good board for him to barrel me off on.

Turn: K 2 5 6 (5225)

This card completes all the draws obviously, which I think is better for my range than his. Think I'm more weighted towards draws, however the problem with my thinking on the flop that he'd get in all FDs, is if I am c/r a K for value he rarely has an over card too. If this flop was 862ss, I feel he's much more like to ship in any FD with overcards. I bet 2k anyway, still not expecting him to fold any pair with a S or A2 or A5 with the As.

River K 2 5 6 8 (9225)

I checked called my last 5k or whatever it was. Which I think is pretty bad. I need Andrew to be turning a bunch of hands that have showdown value into a bluff. In the heat of the hand I pretty much ruled out flushes too, which I think was an error. So I was wondering how many value hands (he can prob value bet as wide as like KQ/J when I check) vs bluffs he had. Decided there was more bluffs, but looking back I don't think so at all. I need him to be floating, just bare hands containing the As all the time and turning them into bluffs + like some pairs, which there's no need for him to vs my range. So ye, felt like a bit of a punt.

Comment

Really lovin this thread, great updates from you and Laos hammer, bol in the future to both you guys
                                                “The only way to get smarter is by playing a smarter opponent.”

Comment

Would love if nobody links this thread on my twitter/facebook. I know I'm putting it on the internet sooooo if it happens it happens and that's why no pictures/names of Irish girls will go up. I don't see why anyone would but just in case.

Comment

great thread!
                                                    airport, lol

Comment

Haha jaysus ur one mad fucker!

Comment

Sat down on Saturday full of the absolute best intentions. I'd been dicking around for almost two weeks without grinding at all. My volume in February was less than half of that in January. I know that's the case with a lot of regs, new year resolution blah blah. I was determined I wasn't going to be like that. Who was I kidding, the pokerstars party was on in Dublin that night. Free bar. I'm in. So after my approximate three hours of grinding on Saturday I'd thrown in the towel and was back on the beer.

The plan was McKeown, Johnny and Ste were going to head in. However, Kev had 60bigs going into day 3. He was going to book a hotel and come out for a few drinks with us. The problem is, with us there is no such thing as a few drinks. I don't think he was happy about it, but on the phone I convinced him the smart thing to do was just to head home and get a good nights sleep. The main reason I was trying to convince him was I was looking at the round we had just got courtesy of Pokerstars....

We are great at free bars...

While I was getting one of the rounds in at the bar I got chatting to Steve O'Dwyer. Was talking about a few of the hands we played together on day 1 and trying to ask him why he done certain things. He was having absolutely none of it haha. All about who ya know. Danny was taking a picture with these two legends when I managed to photobomb. Great lad.

Ste loves the free bar...

Any of the good photos in this blog were this mans...

Mini Malta reunion...

We went on to Diceys which in no doubt led to myself and Ste hitting coppers in an absolutely hoop. Pretty sure I was talking absolute nonsense to anybody who would listen to and doing my standard disappearing act for a Charlies on my own at about 4am.

I don't grind days after being out on the piss. Usually end up getting tired, hating myself and losing. So we've giving that up a while ago. So tomorrow. Monday. Fresh start. Get the head down and grind right up until we head to Miami. Oh, would you look at that. Kev is 1/9 in the UKIPT on home turf.

T is for Torino...

So the plan is to one table the Sunday Million to victory today. Head in tomorrow with McKeown and Ste and be rowdiest rail ever. I'll be wearing my Kermit onesie, with McKeown in the Iron Man onesie. How could he lose.

TOOOOOOOOORIIIIIIIINO!!

Comment

Kev is currently 2/4 gowannnn

from stars blog:

wp Fintan.

Comment

Kev is currently 2/4 gowannnn

from stars blog:

wp Fintan.
                                                            "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

cant wait to see the post ukipt win write up

Comment

Combination of detail and pics to back it up - deadly!!

Please continue.

Comment

Awesome thread. Keep up the good work.

Comment

Not many people would have expected it, but we're still in the country and we're still alive.

There was a promise to be kept...

Myself and Kev squared got a taxi in on the morning of the final table. Kev was 1/8. He'd been saying it for weeks he had a good feeling about this tournament. And here he had his chance to make a mark on the live scene. We planned to make our own mark too. Kev went off to get his picture taken with the rest of the guys who made the final table. McKeown and I went in search of a hat that would leave the result in no doubt. We also had to pick up a onesie for Johnny, as he'd conveniently forgotten to bring his in. Once we'd collected it all and the four teenage ninja mutant turtles had gathered, we got a text off Kev, 'Lads it's 6 handed, and there seems to be a rail to challenge you'. Challenge accepted.

'T is for Torino, T is for Torino, nah nah nah nah aye!!!' Not a sip of alcohol and the room got a taste for how rowdy our support was going to be. Dave the head of the UKIPT bought us our first 2/3 rounds the absolute gentleman. I think he was delighted, apparently UKIPT final tables can be quite dim affairs. Which is understandable with them being held on Mondays. Most of the players who have travelled are well and truly home and those still in struggle for friends and family members able to get the day off. Today however, there was going to be an atmosphere.

Kev didn't look to best pleased (it did grow on him though) when I tossed him his hat. I personally thought it looked fantastic and we couldn't have him trophy hunting without a novelty hat. Lappin nicely pointed out however that it looked like one day 24 years ago a teletubby and a viking had shared a night of passion. Everything had being going quite swimmingly, Kev was chipping up, we were sinking pints and each player was eyeing our rail up enviously wishing we were cheering for them. Kev and Max player a pretty significant pot just before the break, where Kev had rivered top two vs a flopped set. Was pretty unfortunate, and Kev almost found the fold after 5/6 minutes in the tank. It gave Max the chip lead for the first time and the light clapping from his rail commenced.

Kev let everyone know where the trophy was going...

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Mammy Torino had arrived...

As the pints kept flowing, the players kept exiting. We were 3 handed with Kev, Max and Christopher Wood. Top 3 just always has to be the goal in any tournament. It was a fantastic result regardless, however, Max had a commanding land entering 3 handed play. Were we worried? 'Stop the beard, can't stop the beard' would be our answer. With Max exerting a lot of pressure on the two shorter stacks, a huge pot came up where Kev r/c KQ vs Christopher's 76s. Kev flopped a pair, which led Ste to start celebrating, with numerous back door possibilities I told him in no uncertain terms to shut the fuck up. The turn was a brick. The rail went wild. 'We are trophy hunting, we are trophy hunting'

Tried to jinx it...

Kev 'The Dreamer' Killeen was where he wanted to be. He always wanted the trophy, the live picture and the glory. Yes the money was huge, he even asked Max would he like to make the payout structure a little flatter, to which he politely declined. The home grown hero as the blog had named him had his chance to be just that.

Let the battle commence...

The polite clapping from Max's rail as he started heads up quite strongly had prompted Lappin to warn Toby the tournament director that if we're not careful we could have another Hilsborough on our hands. The first all in with Kev at risk (there would be 3) was 99 vs the KQ of Max. Once we held there I knew it was going to Kev's day. Who beats KQ in pokerstars tournaments? It had put an end for the clapping for now, which resulted in a chorus of 'You only clap when you're winning, clap when you're wiiiiiiiiiiining!!' It was all in good banter, and we'd even managed to fit in a sing a long and a cake for Nicholas Abou Risk (who had 10% of Max, which was the excuse for spending his birthday here) for his birthday.

Happy Birthday Sir....

Max was making a pair pretty much every hand and when you add in the fact that he's pretty fucking good it was making it quite difficult for Kev. Led me to going solo with a chant 'He makes a pair every hand, he makes a pair every hand, that boy Max Silver makes a pair every hand'. After winning back to back all ins, 89 > J10 and top pair holding vs a FD it was break time and stacks were quite even. I had a chat with Kev, and he was worried he was been run over. I decided to point out to him it was heads up and so far Max had made a full house over his straight and rivered a straight vs his two pair after c/r the turn. Soon as the break was over the momentum had started to swing in Kev's favour and we had our new chant, courtesy of McKeown.

'WE DON'T TAKE SILVER, WE ONLY TAKE GOLD!!!!'

Even Wood's rail were on our side. Everyone wanted Kev to win. The bar staff, the UKIPT staff and all the lunatics in onesie's. If Max wasn't so experienced I would imagine it would have been quite intimidating with us all directly behind him. Before possibly the most important pot, I got one of my two warnings off the tournament directors. I may or may not have start chanting 'He's destined for second, he's destined for second......' To be fair I never mentioned a name......... Could have meant anyone.

Toby knew we meant good...

The important pot I was talking about was where Kev floated Max on the flop to a c/r and took it off him on the turn after bricking with an open ended straight draw. It really swung it in Kev's favour. I think Max was growing increasingly frustrated, he'd had the chance to win 3 times and could feel it getting away from him. The next important hand was to be it. Kev 3 bet/called KQ vs Max Q8. There was to be no help from the deck for Max and the room absolutly erupted. The bouncers tried to intervene. Good luck to them. The only downer on it was, one of the lads got so excited he launched his pint, which of course had to land on Max. While we were all for the banter while railing, we just wanted Kev to win and supporting him in doing so. Didn't want to insult anyone or cross the line and Max handled it exceptionally. He talked up Kev in his pre final table interview and congratulated him afterwards. So hats off to him.

Elation personified by each and every one of us...

He'd only gone and done it on home soil. Unbelievable scenes. I said it to the lads the other night, about how when we were younger, we'd always be happy when the other done well but there would just be that small bit of jealously. Not this time. Kev and I had taken different paths in poker. The man has 'Dreamer' tattooed on his arm. I could not possible of being happier or prouder. Surrounded by his best friends, his family and those who back him (who would call good friends now also) he'd gone and got his trophy. And to my absolute shock, I have to say I felt he interviewed very well. As soft as it sounds, watched that a few times, and the moment when he wins just gives me goosebumps.

The Dreamer...

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

HE'S GOT BEST THE RAIL IN THE WORLD OH OH!!

'We love Torino we do, we love Torino we do......'

After all the press side had being finished. It was time for a celebratory dinner. Was tough enough to find somewhere for 14 at such short notice. But Elephant and Castle provided the table, just had to wait a while. Drinks would be had. Lappin convinced his better half to come along for dinner, I'm yet to meet Doke's wife, but so far two for two of The Firm are punching far above their weight :P Dinner was absolutely awesome, wings were awesome, followed by a fantastic steak. I was tempted to have a glass of red wine, seen as I'm so cultured these days. However, after my Finnish antics, Kev told me to stick to the beers to make it through the night. Was also having great banter with my future father in law.

The lads...

Contrary to reports on Doke's twitter, I did not in fact get us kicked out of the restaurant. Yes, there may have been some chants. Yes, I may have started them all. We had all finished and Danny was on the way over for a celebratory drink. Kev picked up the bill, which was a nice touch. Made the steak even sweeter.

Happy for Torino....... Or free dinner, who knows!!

Lappin is most certainly usually one of the wittier people. Quick to put you down and in your place. At this stage however, he was battered. I took the opportunity to get the better of him for once. Have to say I quite enjoyed it.

Danny and Doke said their goodbyes and it was off to Coppers with us. I have to say I'm ending up in there too often as of late. Few more shots and vodkas later, we were all pulling out outrageous moves on the dance floor.

I bet that you look good on the dancefloor...

I ended up getting with the cousin of a well known Irish poker player. Oh the irony. She was having absolutely none of coming back to Balbriggan though. On the other hand, Nick, Clayton and Davey were all about it. Such a punt by them haha. When we got back, Kev had a full bottle of Grey Goose ready to go. We had McKeown on the guitar, Clayton on the cajon and Ste pulling out the freestyle rhymes. Really should have made a video. That was it however. Was home in bed by 7. Was a tame one by our standards. Never mind that we had a UKIPT winner in the house. However, was such an enjoyable night and we'll end up on a mad one before Kev hits Mexico. Hearing Saturday.

Ladies and Gentleman, Dublin UKIPT Champion 2014...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aeo86iOS0QU
                                                                    Last edited by KermitsDream; 06-03-14, 01:02.

Comment

Quality!!!!

Comment

Also going to offer a small free roll to try and get me on track. 300 games played on Thursday and Friday combined. Considering I have 155 games played for the month and can't seem to string four hours even together at the moment decent chance of it being won.

Same rules as last time, first to claim it $20. Post graph and what not after.

Comment

I'll claim it.

Comment

Don't even know how to go about updating with Fintan smashing it so hard with recent updates, great stuff.
                                                                            A shoutout to Kev is at least needed and the lads on the rail. Well played everyone.

Also went down to the Ukipt last week on a bit of a last minute decision, made day 2 and lasted about 10 minutes, 3 hands longer than Sam grafton, winning? Only mentioning that because we both bust out on reshoves his A5s and my QJo -vs- Btn & Sb opens respectively. About 4 people at the table started discussing how 'crazy' he was and i could feel the same eyes judging me as the AT of villain held.

Oi live poker but got to have some good meals and banter with the lads from Galway and our adopted son from Scotland Tom Ward hadnt seen anyone since weesh's party for the milly win. We tried to have a quite few pints and go for a few games of pool on the thursday but they wouldn't allow a couple of us in, in tracksuits. The plan was to go get jeans and head back to the late bar with pool tables but the lads taxi made it too coppers instead, my hotel was just across the road, ez decisions. We all had played day 1a so wasnt too bad.
                                                                            Done the guinness storehouse tour on friday and really dont have a much better idea how its made, the mission was to get to the top for the prize pint. Not as impressive as expected, maybe expectations were too high.

If anyone saw my email inbox for the last 2 days they would think im into some weird shit, been having a back and forth with a dwarf about handcuffs and smurf suits. Going to Newcastle for a stag next weekend and now got this guy booked to handcuff himself to the stag for 2 hours on the saturday. There's alot of times this goes horribly wrong imo.

Comment

#98
                                                                              The beard never should have went...

Looking good for the free roll as there was a server restart so had to start late, and the games have been awful since the restart..

Comment

#99
                                                                                What a GLOOOORRRIOUS thread you have here, dude! A+

Comment

Haha jaysus ur one mad fucker!
                                                                                  We leave the mad stuff out.................

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                                                  great thread!
                                                                                  Originally posted by Lplated View Post
                                                                                  Combination of detail and pics to back it up - deadly!!

Please continue.
                                                                                  Originally posted by FeetMagic View Post
                                                                                  Awesome thread. Keep up the good work.
                                                                                  Originally posted by NuckChorris View Post
                                                                                  Quality!!!!
                                                                                  Thanks lads...

Originally posted by CMooney View Post
                                                                                  What a GLOOOORRRIOUS thread you have here, dude! A+
                                                                                  Clayton in the hoooooooooouse!!! Read your blog tooo.... Firmys are so cute... <3

Originally posted by FeetMagic View Post
                                                                                  I'll claim it.

The games were awful and I had to play mostly 15s today to get the numbers in. I also missed a Nandos today and a few quiet drinks with the lads last night. But I guess it got me back on track some what. Probably going to put in some fitness/poker free rolls from Monday. Try and get David to do the same!

Comment

It's been a while since I updated this. I'm still struggling to grind. I played some small sessions sparingly over the last 10 days. Felt I just needed a break and I'm going to play Mtts for the next week or so before Miami. Yesterday was my first full Mtt session in about 15 months. Ft'd the $265 on stars and a €20 turbo on lol.fr, getting a 4th and 2nd to book a winning day. I was definitely rusty and made one awful call on the FT of the 265 which cost me. I did however enjoy the grind a lot more and gave me hands to talk about in the skype group I'm in. Which I've missed, because I just love talking about poker and nobody wants to spend their evenings going over standard shove spots from 18 mans.

Once I'm back from Miami I need to get the head down and decide what I'm going to be playing. After 5 weeks of the year I had over 50k vpps. I'm not even sure if I have 60k now. Which is an absolute joke and leaves me way off course for 500k. I could still pull it back but I have to decide what I'm going to grind sharpish. Will most likely need to give up alcohol again. It just breaks up good routines and I refuse to grind the day after drinking. When you're liable to go on benders like I do, it doesn't add up to many days spent at the desk playing poker. Also had a proper black out for the second time in the last year where I just don't remember anything, which is not a good sign.

Guess which picture I can't remember...

So happy to have found my coat ticket I guess...

Might post some hands on here over the next week if anything interesting comes up. Hope the hangovers aren't too bad from the long weekend!

Comment

I don't want to make this too monotonous, but at the same time I don't want to leave the thread to die. The longer I leave between posts the less motivated I am to update it whatsoever. So I'm just going give a little update and go over how mtt's have been going and then I'll leave until I'm back from London/Miami next week.

Last night I was out for dinner in a really nice French restaurant on Fade St. for Kev's Mexican send off. We were joined by Mammy Torino and 3 members of the firm. Also for company we had the lovely Mrs.Doke. The lads picked up the bill, I guess as a thank you for how Kev has done so far under them and as a nice send off before he went on his travels. I just need Kev to keep winning liveaments if it means I'm getting free meals every second week.

The MTT grind has started extremely well and I can't complain. The schedule I'm gridning is pretty low variance with small fields, so I'm making FT's each day which is fun. Had an awesome start to .fr over a tiny sample, so hopefully we can keep that up. The only thing I'm running bad in is swaps with my friend Josh (lnormajean). We swap 10% of MTTs below 55 and 20% above. Think I'm averaging sending him about $500 a day so far and yet to make a return from him. Today I missed the late reg on the $5 2x turbo by about 8 seconds. He naturally went on to win it for a little over 4k.

I only worked out how to save hands on FTP and Stars .FR today which is a pity, because I had some absolutely spectacular spew from the last couple of sessions. It's sort of the way I play, but I need to try and cut it out or at least manage it. I'll start marking some more hands from now on though that might be interesting in here. Got one now to indicate how I'm running and one vs Jaymo when we got heads up in big 100 today on .fr.

Better lucky than good...

Poker Stars $50+$5 No Limit Hold'em Tournament - t1500/t3000 Blinds + t300 - 8 players - View hand 2458771
                                                                                      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

eardleym (MP2): t63597 M = 9.22
                                                                                      Eyal_A (CO): t31240 M = 4.53
                                                                                      a23ssa (BTN): t82217 M = 11.92
                                                                                      ukraina602 (SB): t28216 M = 4.09
                                                                                      Hero (BB): t54714 M = 7.93
                                                                                      Egor699 (UTG): t130647 M = 18.93
                                                                                      jani890311 (UTG+1): t117054 M = 16.96
                                                                                      matze_widi (MP1): t158315 M = 22.94

Pre Flop: (t6900) Hero is BB with 7 7
                                                                                      3 folds, eardleym raises to t6000, 3 folds, Hero raises to t54414 all in, eardleym calls t48414

Flop: (t112728) 8 A J (2 players - 1 is all in)

Turn: (t112728) 6 (2 players - 1 is all in)

River: (t112728) 7 (2 players - 1 is all in)

Final Pot: t112728
                                                                                      eardleym shows T T (a pair of Tens)
                                                                                      Hero shows 7 7 (three of a kind, Sevens)
                                                                                      Hero wins t112728

Poker Stars €91+€9 No Limit Hold'em Tournament - t4000/t8000 Blinds + t1000 - 2 players
                                                                                      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

Hero (BTN/SB): t289889 M = 20.71
                                                                                      Dlishfinest (BB): t670111 M = 47.87

Pre Flop: (t14000) Hero is BTN/SB with 2 K
                                                                                      Hero raises to t16000, Dlishfinest calls t8000

Flop: (t34000) 4 Q 3 (2 players)
                                                                                      Dlishfinest checks, Hero bets t13888, Dlishfinest raises to t36926, Hero calls t23038

Turn: (t107852) Q (2 players)
                                                                                      Dlishfinest bets t29658, Hero calls t29658

River: (t167168) T (2 players)
                                                                                      Dlishfinest checks, Hero checks

Final Pot: t167168
                                                                                      Hero mucks 2 K
                                                                                      Dlishfinest shows T 9 (two pair, Queens and Tens)
                                                                                      Dlishfinest wins t167168

Going quickly go over my thoughts because it's late and I'm tired.

Flop: Never really folding this vs Jaymo, as I don't expecting him to be raising less than a Q for value on the flop at this depth. Possibly like A4, K4 and the likes but unlikely. I also have an over card, back door flush draw and back door straight draw. I expect him to have overs and gut shots or maybe some cards that wrap around the Qs like J9s or whatever.

Turn: Once the Q comes I'm expecting to have the best hand an absolute heap of the time. If the Q doesn't come or I don't turn any equity Jaymos second barrel is going to work nearly always. I intend to call a decent amount of rivers, maybe not 2s, 5s, 6s and 7s.

River: I'm probably calling a sizeable bet on the river. I don't exepect Jaymo to have many 10s in his range except for maybe J10s or K10s with BDFD etc. When he checks I snap check behind expecting to win. I think he should b/f the river to me because it looks like I've showdown value and it's just really hard for me to beat his hand. I'm going to struggle to fold a 3 or a 4 here big time. Which he probably feels I'm more likely to have than my actual holding.

It was fun playing HU with him, even though I lost and I'm yet to close out an MTT since I'm back but we'll get there. If anyone has any comments on the hand I would like to flame me go ahead

Comment

His name's Kermit's dream and he's a big shot
                                                                                        Betting max value on all streets when his cards are hot
                                                                                        When he's holding air he's check raising that flop
                                                                                        Knowing how quickly bitches cards are gonna drop.

When he's chilling at the bar he can get a bit zealous
                                                                                        Hung ova as fuck in Finland with 80gs don't be jealous
                                                                                        When Kermit's at the table chips go fuckin flyin
                                                                                        Don't drink shots with this kid or next day you'll be dyin

Comment

Finished early today with the intention of updating this. Ended up one tabling the 50r scoop on .fr for hours. Had 200 bigs and the chip lead with about 80 to go. Think the weekend just caught up on me a little bit and 100% didn't make the most of the position I was in. What can you do. Going to offer some free rolls and hopefully provide a decent trip report (need pictures off a friend) tomorrow or the next day.

Comment

Ultra...

Having had flights booked to London twice previously (not making it for different reasons), being in the airport numerous times and visiting outer regions of London like Essex and Colchester. I'd never made it into the actual city. Can finally get that off the bucket list. Flew over the day before and met up with a good friend. Managed to take a magnificent total of zero pictures. All I will say is, it's a city I definitely want to spend more time in and fully do all the touristy things. Was walking around the west end and would have liked to have time to see a show. That's not a sentence I thought would come out of my mouth until a few years ago. However, after seeing Mamma Mia on Broadway in New York it changed my opinion.

'Are you feeling lucky Mr.Hand?' questioned the pretty lady at the gate for boarding. Obviously came back with the reply, 'That all depends if I'm getting you're number?'. While I was left numberless, I was bumped into first class. Guess you could say that's another thing ticked off the bucket list, even though it wasn't really there in the first place. I felt somewhat out of place I won't lie. When I put my blazer in the over head locker, I received a some what sympathetic look from one of the air hostesses pointing at a wardrobe to hang up jackets. After listening to the two obese man complain how they sleeper suits provided in first by British Airways don't come in larger than XXL is disgraceful, I made a promise if I'm ever extremely rich I won't be a cunt. Or else I'll hire a personal trainer.

Decent menu 30,000 feet in the air...

The flight passed by fairly quickly. Once I'd tucked into my steak and finished off several glasses of wine I got on the movie grind. Flicked in the the class of '92. Really enjoyed it. I don't think anything like that will ever be repeated in the modern game. 6 lads coming up through the youth system, all supporting the team and winning the champions league. I guess Barcelona have a lot of youth products but doesn't have the same feel to me for some reason. Probably because they sold half of them before paying through the roof to get them back. Also flicked in Runner Runner, Last Vegas and Rush. Of them all I enjoyed Rush the most. Tend to enjoy films based on through stories a lot more.

The lads flight from Cancun wasn't long behind mine. Was good to meet Scott who I'd talked to a lot over the last two years but yet to meet in person. Then Michael I'd met once previously at a UKIPT. And Don, the man who would turn out to be maybe my favourite drunk of all time. After a minor sweat in regards to the apartment, turned out to be exactly what we needed in a decent spot. However at about €500 a night it was still pretty expensive. Once we got settled, on the advice of Marc we set off looking for a Cuban restaurant. Absolutely solid recommendation. One of the nicest meals I've had. My last years new years resolution (to try anything put on my plate) has worked out so well. Not in a million years, two years ago would I be eating Cuban. Was so picky. Now one of the things I look forward to most about travelling is trying new foods. We decided with the weekend ahead of us, we wouldn't go too mad. Did end up in a cocktail bar with the biggest cocktails I'd ever had. Main ingredient being tequila in the all. Safe to say we ended up fucked. Before we headed home, ended up playing some pool in a bar where the average game towards the end of the forfeit shots was lasting 30 minutes plus. Disaster.

Complex was pretty sweet, when we woke up got a few games in where managed to come out on top 3 - 1 vs Michael. I'd be a somewhat competitive person. Mikey takes it to a whole new level. Could be interesting for Kev when they grind together. He was getting so tilted even when he was winning games. Can't be healthy. We decided we'd go for a few pancakes or something before heading out to Ultra. So there we were looking for a Denny's or something similar. Next thing I know I'm eating a $75 steak for breakfast.

Admittedly it was absolutely delicious. Kev went for the surf and turf. Lobster and steak. Fish is one thing I'm still struggling to get into. Gave it a bash, but it was just too chewy for me. It's just textures I struggle with now, rather than tastes. I'm sure in time I'll come around. The lads decided they wanted to get a little bit of weed to chill in the evenings, and we knew someone who had done a J1 in Miami who gave us a contact to ring. So after consuming a copious amount of vodka, Kev and I made a lil detour to the guys address leaving the rest of the lads at the bar.

All the flavours of Goosey

When we hoped in the cab and gave the address, the taxi man repeated it to make sure and looked puzzled. Didn't think much of it. Once we got there we understood. We were in the 'Ghetto'. I've never sobered up so quickly in my life. It was literally like what you see in the movies. Run down area with different groups of guys standing around the corners. We had a considerable amount of cash on us, so stuffed it into the socks and rang the guy hoping for the best. He turned out to be sound, even gave us change which we were willing to part with just to get out of there. We asked him where could we get a cab? He sort of laughed and responded, 'Cabs don't come down here man, lemme show you where the bus is'. We couldn't have stood out more standing at the bus stop, there wasn't a single other white person in the 20 minutes or so we were there. Thankfully a cab heading into the city to start work passed and we got in. Might sound a little bit dramatic, but was honestly the most uncomfortable I'd felt ever. Smashed a few shots in the bar when we got back. It was Ultra time.

How could you not want to be there...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=caYdSWljo1g (Don't know why this isn't embedding, but it's basically last years after movie of same festival)

The atmosphere was like nothing I had ever experienced before. I find Americans extremely outgoing and friendly in general. Put them in this environment and absolutely everybody was your best friend. We brought 10 Irish flags with us, firstly to rep and secondly to swap as souvenirs. It was awesome to see all the different nationalities flags in one spot put together. All brought together just because of their love for music or to experience the festival in general. I also couldn't get over just how central it was, surrounded by high rise blocks of apartments. Was insane. I have to say my first night in there was my favourite. The adrenaline brought on by the experience was something else. Tiesto closed the first night. I wouldn't be a huge fan or anything, however when you have 100,000+ people absolutely bouncing to his music. You can't help but enjoy it. Rather than post about all 3 days, which will get pretty repetitive pretty quick. I'll just my highlight of day 2/3 and then post some pictures.

Day 2: Van Burren on the main stage, followed by Dead Mau5 who stood in last second for Avici who was apaprently too sick to perform. Also some of the acts on the smaller stages were unreal. Kev also managed to bink a Colombian hendon mob even though it didn't seem that kind of trip with our apartment so far from the festival.

Day 3: Chase and Status on the live stage. By far and away my favourite act of the entire festival. Hardwell closing was pretty special too. I can't imagine how sick Swedish House Mafia was last year.

Also met the love of my life in a bar after the first night of the festival. I fell in love approximately 7 to 12 times each day in Miami. We were playing 'Tell her' which is a game if you don't start your sentence with 'I believe' or 'I declare' you must tell the girl whatever you have said about them if anyone calls you on it. Or take the forfeit which is a lemon squeezed in the eye. I declared my love for the girl who worked in the bar, Jessica, her name turned out to be. So up I rocked and let her know. 'Omg, thank yuuuuuu, I love your accaaaaaaaaant'. America girls are great. After chatting for a while, was decided I was bringing her for a drink when she finished work. This was at about 1am. Then I got the heartbreaking information that her shift was finished at 7.30am. We were in a 24 hour bar. What is this. I was determined however, and got on the water. Then at about 2/2.30 the lads decided they were heading back to the complex to see if there was a session there. I simply couldn't be the guy who sat at the bar for 4.5 hours drinking water on his own. I was still hammered at this stage. So I let Jessica know I'd be back, and not to sweat. As the hours passed by, and I sobered up. I started to feel the $30 cab ride down could be a punt. She could have finished, might have just being entertaining the drunk Irish boy and worst of all, she might not have lived up to the beautiful image I had in my head. That club was pretty dark. Oh well, if Jessica ever reads this. You were the one Still chasing that American hendon mob.

All repping them Irish flags...

Getting our trades on...

Mikey was delighted he found a fellow Scot

Don repping the kilt like a boss...

No doubt another love of the life...

This weekend I learned that all Israel girls are beauts...

ALL THE LAAAAAAADS...

This Bulgarian was another love of my life...

They didn't believe we were Mexican </3

How sick is that...

Will we be back???

I got far too much enjoyment with this sign. Walking up to girls are prompting them to read it. Once they did, asking for them to read it a little quicker.... Then a little louder... You get the picture.

Will update this again over the weekend for free rolls, all typed out. Gl
                                                                                            Last edited by KermitsDream; 05-04-14, 01:52.

Comment

Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Needs more Essi, serious tits.
                                                                                                X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                                                Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Originally posted by The-Rigger View Post
                                                                                                  Needs more Essi, serious tits.
                                                                                                  hahaha I can't just go pulling pictures of her off facebook.. If she visits during the summer I'll get some (bikini) pics in.

Comment

Maltaaaaaa

So instead of offering free rolls to force myself to be productive for the last week I ended up in Malta with Paudie. Hopefully it will be the last spontaneous trip for a while though. Naturally at some points of the trip there was alcoholic beverages consumed, however there was a level of productivity achieved whilst we were off gallivanting. We were in search of a new place to call home for the foreseeable future.

Nobody ever thinks that a cheeky 2pm pint in Dublin Airport can have extreme catastrophic consequences on ones dignity. Well I was about to smash that theory out of the park. We were quite a few hours early for our flight, so that cheeky pint led to the consumption of many more, which in turn led to buying a cheeky litre of vodka for the plane journey as we approached our gate.

Know the one that's one too many kids...

What could go wrong...

I honestly feel like something to do with the altitude must have an effect on your capabilities of handling your drink. That's my defence and I'm sticking to it. What felt like an eternity had passed before the trolley made it's way up the middle of the aisle to us. Feeling somewhat jolly already, with mixtures and ice in hand it felt like a fantastic idea to make the vodkas strong enough to test my theory on handling your drink.

Observing that the elderly lady in the window seat beside us was struggling with her crossword, several vodkas deep I naturally offered to help. Feeling somewhat more than jolly at this stage, we ended up making ourselves a new best friend. I think there was even the possibility of pinky promises exchanged to meet up in our local on Friday night for drinks, as she politely rejected our offer of a vodka due to her vertigo.

We weren't much help...

Never showed for our Friday drinks </3

We were due to meet Josh (lnormajean) and the rest of the crowd at our local, Black Gold, to watch the Chelsea vs PSG after we dropped off our bags at the hotel. As he would say, at this stage I was 'battered mate'. On arrival to the hotel, Paudie discovered he had left his Ipad on the plane. I was at least one vodka too deep to notice I had also lost many items to Ryanair. Not the started we wanted Jeff. Just as quickly as Paudie entered a frenzied panic to arrange a taxi back to the airport, the gentleman at reception had rang the lost and found and arranged to pick it up himself and bring it in the next morning. Panic averted. One for the good guys.

Off we bopped to Black Gold to see some familiar faces. Have to say between now and 6am it's pretty much a blank. Between waking up to messages on facebook ranging from 'Are you alive?' to 'Lol Fintan' I felt like there would be a few apologies in order. Apparently myself and Paudie bought twenty vodkas the for table on two occasions. Vodkas costing €2.50 is a problem when you end up in these paraplegic states. In between allegedly attempting back flips and spilling water over Welsh men in the army I was introduced to a bunch of people who are now part of the circle of friends we have over there. Obviously my memories being wiped for the evening in less than ideal when I'll probably have to to reintroduce myself now and look like a dick before we all embark on our summer of drunken antics together.

The laaaaaaaads...

Some of the finnish guuuurls...

I managed to elongate the list of people I would owe apologies to for being an utter nuisance and embarrassment to include bar staff and the group of Irish guys we had just befriended. I had retreated from the dance floor and sat with my head laying in my hands. I was a man clearly fit for bed. Then someone popped the question to the group, 'Who's in for Paceville?' The area where all the night life is placed. Spring into life from the man destined for bed yours truly. We were off to extend our 12 hour session into a 16+.

The last two paragraphs were all hear say from people who witnessed my disgrace to humanity. Given that I went missing from the next few hours I can't really add much to the report. However, fast forward to 7am and we have the absolutely hi-light of what a mess I truly am. After devouring a few slices of pizza from the street vendors I give the taxi man my address and we're finally heading to get some much needed Z's. Even in my state I recall we're in room 508. Problem. My key won't work. Getting pretty frustrated I'm banging on the door, hoping Paudie is inside and can just put an end to this train trek of a day. Mr 507 didn't take too kindly to being awoken next door and out he came to exchange a few heated words and send me to the lobby to attain a new key not so politely. The man working the night shift behind the counter however did politely inform that I was in fact in the wrong hotel. What is my life.

We'd arranged several different meetings with estate agents for Wednesday. It was now 10am Wednesday and I was not best pleased to be awoken by a gentleman by the name of Gordon informing me we were late. I muttered out some excuse about how my friends plane hadn't got in, had a quick glance to realise Paudie was infact still not back to the hotel and rolled back over to deal with real life problems several hours later. When Paudie rocked in at 1.30, looking worse for wear even than me. I can't deny a smile quickly appeared on my face. When I was informed he was out collecting hendon mob flags it felt more like a tie (obviously this was before I was informed of my antics).

Neither of us were one bit enthusiastic about the prospect of trekking around Malta's hilly infrastructure looking for somewhere new to call home. Last year, our apartment in Malta was outrageous. So our expectations were somewhat high. It was the second property we viewed that we decided on. It's not as eye catching as our last place, but it fits our needs exactly. Also really central and close to where we were situated last year. It's a town house which has being modernised on the insides. There's one room on each of the 6 floors, so hopefully I don't lose the flip and have to trek to the top floor each night. I'll get some pictures in when we move over properly at the end of the month.

Home sweet home...

When we got back to the hotel Paudie was greeted with a facebook message that his spin the night before had actually cost him some money. Apparently, he had stepped on the girls Ipad managing to crack the screen. It was the last thing he wanted to hear, considering both our heads were thumping like we'd gone 12 rounds with Mayweather. Over the course of the next 48 hours, Paudie introduced me to the term 'Sloth mode'. We'd occasionally leave the hotel for some food. There was a few pints flicked in to watch United's champions league dream get smashed and managed to get up to Josh's to watchhing grind for a little. However the majority of the time we were confined to the hotel playing Crash Bandicoot as we both came down with the man flu. We forced ourselves out to sort the Ipad too, only costing €125, after initially being told it would be €350/trade in for a new one. It felt like a bink.

Unlucky bro...

Sloth mode...

Tilted me way more than poker ever would...

The grizzy with lnormajean...

Our last morning in Malta we awoke to two of the Swedish girls asking us to join them on their fantastic drunken idea delivered in very broken English. They had decided sleeping on the rocks beside the sea in the overcast conditions was an ingenious way to spend the early hours of the morning. After following some what unclear directions we were finally greeted by two Swedish girls shivering and cuddling into each other for heat. Rudely awoken and still drunk, the girls were still in jolly spirits and we were informed of the gossip from the night before. After grabbing a bite to eat and some Oreo milkshakes we said our goodbyes for now. Lastly heading up to Josh's to leave some things until we're back. Flicked in some Soccer Saturday for the boys. Only to witness Villa getting dragged deeper into a relegation battle. If it wasn't for getting the house sorted, I could have easily returned home in a depressive state. We were leaving the beautiful little island until we returned in the next few weeks and would call it home once again.

Drunk ideas ayeeeeee...

World ending? Ryanair flight not full?? Seeyaaa...

Last edited by KermitsDream; 14-04-14, 11:27.

Comment

Not usually one for graphs, however I finished earlier than planned today. Trying to play around 150 games a day at the moment with the ABI over 40. Also there's just something so satisfying about getting out of a hole on any given day.

Swongs...

Around game 60, which is only a little over 3 hours regging in the earlier hours of the day I just decided I'd had enough. I'd played about 40/45 $30 18 mans with 2 min cashes. Bricking all the 100s and not faring much better in 60s either. I'm not a fan of throwing in the towel and to quit regging after a few bad beats. But I believe momentum and confidence are two of the biggest factors in poker. However, sometimes you're just better off having a little break if possible and coming back with a fresher mind.

The lads were all home from college and finished work, so I convinced them to come and play a game of pitch&putt with me. It was going to go one of two ways, play well and have a great time or awful and there'd be no more poker for me for the day. Whilst I pride myself at never getting tilted in poker with bad beats, or things I can't control. If I'm playing golf, Fifa or anything I have complete control of and I'm messing up. I suffer from serious tilt issues. We played 2 on 2. Thankfully myself and Kavanagh wiped the floor with them by 6 holes and I played really well. Came home happy as Larry and thankfully managed to turn the day around.

It's going to be interesting when we get to Malta and set up in the office. Paudie is absolute tilt monster. Loves cursing and an aul bang of the mouse when he loses and an all in at 25/50 for 30 bigs. Going to give it a shot grinding with him when I move over, but it it's too much I might need to get a desk in my room. Can't be dealing with that negativity in a room. PMA for the win.

Going to grind tomorrow, then head to town on Saturday for Ste's birthday. Probably be my last night out will all the lads before I head off to Malta. Going to be a messy one. So maybe pick up a good story or two. Then Sunday heading to Chet Faker. Haven't been to a gig in years so hopefully it'll be deeeeeeeeeece.

Comment

Great thread first of all, secondly how do you do that graph or were is it from please, looking for it everywere
                                                                                                        take sweets from strangers, lose everything!

Comment

It's just a screen shot of hud. I use Holdem Manager 1.

Comment

I've sort of forgotten about this thread in recent weeks. However over the last few days my house mate Paudie has being nagging at me to launch him into the spotlight for one final time. So I've decided I'll write up one more report of how I've been getting on in Malta and then call it a day. It'll be mostly pictures just because I'm not even sure how I'd go about summarising 6 weeks in one post.

May's Graph

Not usually huge into posting graphs, however with it being the last update we'll go for it. It was a somewhat frustrating month on the poker front. Was just quite swingy and never really gathered any momentum, which in turn led to my worst month of the year pre rakeback. I was happy with the amount of hours (150) I got in considering I'd played less than that in the previous 3 months combined. I made about 45k vpps, which meant after rake back I guess the month was worth somewhere around 6.5k. And as Killeen pointed out to his room mate last month, if you're about to start complaining when making €1k+ a week without any taxes in your early 20s without a degree you need a reality check. So overall I'm quite happy to be back in grind mode and winning. Give a quick shout out to my other house mate Chris who smashed this month since moving up to 5/10 hunl cash. Kid raked in 28k for his efforts. Good game, good job. This month with the WSOP starting, meaning the games should get somewhat softer I've decided to give Mtts a bash for a lil bit to break up the monotonous sng grind. So let's not downswing and run good (sun)

Have to say I'm really happy with the house we got. As anybody who knows me would know, I'm a big fan of offices. Guess what..... WE HAVE AN OFFICE. I also won the flip for the master bed room with the ensuite and classic Maltese balcony. Was pretty chuffed with that considering last year I had the box room and a single bed. Just going put a few random pics of the house.

Great flip to win...

I love offices...

If the grind gets a lil too much...

Chiiiiiiiil zone...

Roof to the basement/office is a lot of stairs...

Two floors of fun up there too, BBQs shall be had...

Not a single take away ordered yet...

Health buzz...

I love tea... And offices...

PJK thinking what could have been for his fame if I kept this up...

Over all since we've been here I think we've been pretty balanced. We didn't drink for the first two weeks we were here. I was determined to get back on track after 3 months of just being on benders and adventures. Don't get me wrong, you should definitely have a blow out every now and again. However I was taking the piss. Obviously ended the two week drought with my favourite kind of drunk. Day drunk. It was the last day of the season so we headed down to watch the football, which in turn led to a 16 hour bender which the less spoken of the better. In between grinding we've had some visitors, Tim and Lars two the lads we lived with last year which naturally led to some more drunken debauchery. More recently Paudies sister was over, which 5 of her friends. Nurses on tour. Inappropriate behaviour galore. They were good fun though. I'm liking the balance we have at the moment, and attempting to live by the mantra of play hard, work hard.

Lars's visit...

Paudie's sister and few the other nurses...

Five nationalities at dinner...

Paudie's birthday was a couple of weeks ago and was one of the reasons Tim and Lars decided to make the trip. I bought him a guitar, and got myself one while I was at it. I'm not saying we're naturals or anything, but Oasis are lucky we weren't around when they were up and coming. We got out for another meal all together in a really nice restaurant which was nice. It's one of the great things about Malta, with having so many friends here there is always something to do. However, it's also one of the downfalls when trying to get the head down and grind. The Germans all pitched in and got Paudie a surprise present which turned out to maybe be more entertainment for us than him. However, my personally favourite present was from one of the Swedish girls. PJK the man, the myth, the legend has being gathering himself a bit of a reputation as a Scandi's ladies man. So she got him a t-shirt which on the front read 'Swedish Slayer' and on the back the names of all the Swede's his ticked off the list with the bottom line reading 'To be continued...'. Not going to lie I helped her with the idea and pretty proud.

Snap caption says it all really...

Birthday dinner...

Ready for the fly board...

Oh he seems pretty decent...

Whoops...

Personal favourite...

The Scandi Slayer...

I've been quietly going about collecting new Hendon Mob flags myself. Cashed in Norway and America. I would say they were both midstakes tournaments. Nothing too special. Even got some pics but have decided I won't be too crude in my last post. I did think I was going to have an epic story when I went back to a hotel with two extremely hot 19 year old Swedish girls. However, not only was there no 3sum. There wasn't even a successful selfie with them in it.

I'm a disaster...

Pretty sure that's about everything. If anyone has any questions or anything I'll obviously wb. If not thanks for reading. And just because I'm all about pleasing the fans, I remember somebody asking for more Essi. And seen as she sent me a picture in PM it doesn't feel as creepy.

God bless Finland...

Comment

Bumping this for the Kevin Killeen run good tomorrow like last time in the UKIPT!!

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                              X