No announcement yet.

SPORTS BETTING LOG 2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nothing from yesterday,going to give West Coast Dream @ 9/1 another spin in the 3.05 in nottingham.Backed him last time but there were 'excuses'(reared up at the stalls)Trainer has two out at the track and has george ghaloner (5 ex) booked today for the first time,(other horse has usual jock up,so i assume ghaloner was booked for a reason) going,distance and draw seem fine and is down to a very competitive mark.Its a punt,but worth 40 nibs e/w for me at the price,with the bank now standing at 319.4.
    Mattie McGrath wanna-be

Comment

No joy again yesterday,just a 3 pointer on Georgie @ 5/2 in the 1.55 Thurles with the bank standing at 316.4.
      Mattie McGrath wanna-be

Comment

No joy again yesterday,point e/w on Great Ability @ 10/1 (3pp/1/4/bs) dundalk 6.15 and a point e/w Ongenstown Lad @ 8/1 (3pp/1/5/bs) musselburgh 305 with the bank standing at 312.4.
        Mattie McGrath wanna-be

Comment

Same old story today,take two v the field in the november handicap in doncaster 3.35 with Nicholascopernicus @ 14/1 & Open Eagle @ 20/1 (4PP/1/4/SJ)for 2 points e/w on each,Far West @ 3/1 for a 2 point win in the Elite Hurdle wincanton 205,& jack mcgrath motm @ 20/1 with pp for a point win,leaving the bank at 301.4.
          Mattie McGrath wanna-be

Comment

Not the worst day yesterday with Open Eagle placed for a return of 12 points and jack mcgrath getting the nod for the motm gong for a return of 21 points bringing the bank to 334.4.just 2 points e/w on Allez Vic in the next in navan @ 9/2 with the price going fast (4pp/1/4/gen) with the bank standing at 330.4.
            Mattie McGrath wanna-be

Comment

Allez Vic took a nasty looking tumble 5 from home,just a point win on greatday allweek @ 10/1 in the last in lingfield with the bank standing at 329.4
              Mattie McGrath wanna-be

Comment

Greatday allweek finished back in 5th,Liberty To Rock @ 12/1 is where the pin landed for me today in the 8.15 dundalk for a point e/w (3pp/1/4/gen)with the bank standing at 327.4
                Mattie McGrath wanna-be

Comment

Plenty of fluff for Liberty To Rock but no joy,just a 2 point double for me today with winterwell @ 10/11 southwell 1:50 & arvika ligeonniere @ 10/11 clonmel 2:25 with the bank now at 325.4
                  Mattie McGrath wanna-be

Comment

Winterwell was a non-runner but arvika ligeonniere won so a return of 3.82 bringing the bank to 329.2,just a half a point each way trixie for me in cheltenham in the first victrix gale @ 6/1,in the 1.35 sew on target @ 12/1 & in the 2.40 killala quay @ 14/1 which leaves me with a bank of 325.2
                    Mattie McGrath wanna-be

Comment

No good today with just the one place from the 3 horses,going with 2 points e/w on johns spirit @ 8/1 (5pp/1/4/pp) cheltenham 2.30,point on best first tryscorer @ 33/1 & a point on o mahony @ 12/1 for motm with the bank standing at 319.2
                      Mattie McGrath wanna-be

Comment

Nothing from the rugby today but johns spirit won so a return of 24 points bringing the bank to 343.2,the box ticking machine came up with court minstrel @ 11/1 in the greatwood hurdle in cheltenham tomorrow which is off at 3.15 so good for 2 points e/w (4pp/1/4/bs) with the bank now at 339.2
                        Mattie McGrath wanna-be

Comment

Court minstrel finished in 7th so no return there,Leish Oscar @ 7/1 in the 2.45 wexford for a point e/w with the bank standing at 337.2.
                          Mattie McGrath wanna-be

Comment

Leish Oscar gave it a right go but found one too good so a return of just 2.40,gave Silver Tara a little nibble @ 14/1 in the bumper in fairyhouse to take on the might of the mullins team(Royal Caviar 8/11),won his point to point by 99 lgt.s plus back in march,that race has turned up a few bits and bobs of form,fire a point e/w at the odds with the bank standing at 337.6.
                            Mattie McGrath wanna-be

Comment

Silver Tara ended up well back in 6th,just a point win on going wrong @ 13/2 (gen) in the 2.05 market rasen for a point win with the bank standing 336.6.
                              Mattie McGrath wanna-be

Comment

Nothing again yesterday,just a few e/w nibbles for me this evening in dundalk,going with kingdomforthebride @ 8/1 in the 8.50 & liberty to rock @ 10/1 in the 9.20 for just a point e/w on both (3pp/1/4/gen) with the bank standing at 332.6.
                                Mattie McGrath wanna-be

Comment

Nothing again yesterday,box ticking machine came up with trustin times in the 2.25 haydock @ 10/1 so good for 2 points e/w (4pp/1/4/pp) with the bank standing at 328.6.
                                  Mattie McGrath wanna-be

Comment

No joy again today,Rockyaboya @ 12/1 gets the nod from the short list for the troytown,worth a shot of 2 points e/w(4pp/1/4/bs) with the bank standing at 324.6.
                                    Mattie McGrath wanna-be

Comment

ah well,bit of a shock today with the winner returned @ 25/1,but Rockyaboya managed to grab 4th so a return of 8 points bringing the bank to 332.6
                                      Mattie McGrath wanna-be

Comment

A few for me today,give carried @ 5/1 a spin for a point each way in the 9.15 dundalk,showed a little interest last time out,has murtagh booked for the first time on his first try over 1m4f at the track,holds entry on friday night.Also give banoffee a 2 point win @ 15/8 in the listed stakes which is off at 6.00 kempton.Storm runs in the 5.00 but @ 6/4 will only watch on,with the bank standing at 328.6
                                        Mattie McGrath wanna-be

Comment

Banoffee ended up in 3rd and carried got done on the line so just a return of 2 points,Baily Dusk in the 1.35 thurles @ 5/2 with boyles,ticks the boxes so will do me for a 2 point win with the bank remaining the same at 328.6.
                                          Mattie McGrath wanna-be

Comment

Baily Dusk won so a return of 7 points,just a point e/w on upsilion bleu @ 13/2 (3pp/1/5/LB) in the 2.40 newbury & a point e/w on james coughlan @ 19/1 first tryscorer,dragons v munster (first 3/@ 1/4 odds) with the bank standing at 331.6.
                                            Mattie McGrath wanna-be

Comment

No joy yesterday,just a 2 point e/w on rocky creek @ 10/1 in the hennessy (5pp/1/4/365),2 points e/w on pink coat @ 6/1 in the 2.30 fairyhouse (3pp/1/4/gen) and trying the flip-flop with zebre half-time,ulster full-time @ 7/1 for a 2 pointer leaving the bank at 321.6.
                                              Mattie McGrath wanna-be

Comment

Ended up getting a few results on the last day of november with pink coat winning for a return of 19 points,rocky creek came 2nd for a return of 7 points but no joy from the rugby,bringing the bank to 347.6 for a profit of 14.95 over the month,also ends the log this year with the results below over the 7 months,the sample size is small enough with just 277 bets but imo it's a good start.

may - had 34 bets,investing 69 points,returning 98.75 for a profit of 29.75
                                                june - had 42 bets,investing 94 points,returning 156.25 for a profit of 62.25
                                                july - had 32 bets,investing 84 points,returning 123.36 for a profit of 39.36
                                                august - had 46 bets,investing 113 points,returning 116.81 for a profit of 3.81
                                                september - had 49 bets,investing 147.47 points,returning 155.52 for a profit of 7.75
                                                October-had 36 bets,investing 74 points,returning 63.75 for a loss of 10.27
                                                november-38 bets,investing 100 points,returning 114.95 for a profit of 14.95.

Works out with 277 bets,investing 681.47 points,returning 829.37 for a profit 147.9 points which tallys up fairly well,producing a yield of 21.7% on total investment,and 73.95% on starting capital.
                                                ya know what,tis grand ted.
                                                Mattie McGrath wanna-be

Comment

Really miss this log. Gave me a interest most days and was a great effort by amberleaf. I've been following a few 'professional subscriptions' services over the last half year that weren't nearly as consistent as this log was (in fact they've all dissappointed hugely and failed to live up to anything remotely like their marketing BS).

I guess it takes a fair bit of effort to do the study required.

well done again and be sure to throw up any strong fancies or value you see in the each way good thing thread.

thnks again.

Comment

Originally posted by bustamoves View Post
                                                    Really miss this log. Gave me a interest most days and was a great effort by amberleaf. I've been following a few 'professional subscriptions' services over the last half year that weren't nearly as consistent as this log was (in fact they've all dissappointed hugely and failed to live up to anything remotely like their marketing BS).

I guess it takes a fair bit of effort to do the study required.

well done again and be sure to throw up any strong fancies or value you see in the each way good thing thread.

thnks again.
                                                    Cheers,did a fair bit of research into the likes of patrick veitch,dave nevison & co before kicking the log off which gave me a insight into their wacky world of betting,one thing that stood out was their work ethic which takes time,dont have a whole lot of time anymore so had to finish up last month(no point throwing darts and hoping for the best),would have liked to have doubled the roll by the end of 2013 but it wasn't to be.

Not a big fan of the professional tipster tbh,if you google tipster proofing,you'll come across a few sites that have a list of tipsters both laying & backing that have their services tracked,they should also have a list of their past bets over the course of the year,to be fair some have quite good results but they will use a return of price advised,and the subscribers will have to make do with price available.put it this way if both of us were on the books of the same service,i get the info first and the horse is 10/1,you get it a half an hour later at 8/1,and this happens over the course of a year with say 500 bets under the belt,we both have the same winners and losers but my returns are some much more then yours,so you have to take these results with a pince of salt,guess the best way to messure these is on betfair starting price(bfsp),at least its on a level playing pitch,you should also notice that a lot of high profile tipsters wont allow themselfs to be proofed (there's a few that spend a lot of money advertising the ould pot of gold at the end of the rainbow that never lose)wonder why?,in fact any fee charging service that won't pony up their losing streaks,i wouldn't have much interest in.
                                                    Mattie McGrath wanna-be

Comment

Working...
                                                    X