ATo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ATo

Couple of interesting spots with ATo of late. How would you have played it?

1. (live tournament last 3 tables of 130 players) 70k stack (23bbs). 7 handed. UTG Villain raises 4x (I know him well - he's the big stack so will have a wide enough opening range, esp against me as he knows I'll be playing pretty snug at this stage waiting for a good spot).

Blinds 1,500/3,000 ante 500

Fold? Call? Stop n' go? Reshove?

I begrudgingly folded to wait for a better spot. He showed me an ace.

2. (online - final table) Open ATo UTG 6 handed. 110k stack.

Blinds 2500/5000. I min raise to 10k.

BB reshoves, effective 20 big blinds.

Snap fold? Cry call? make him wait for the time bank? (just kidding)

I snap folded - turns out he had 88 but IMO that's the bottom of his reshoving range against a UTG Open.

Thoughts on either or both?

First one is fine.

Second one is tricky. Leaning toward a fold though.

Comment

Two snap folds.👍

Comment

Two folds

Comment

Yeah opening ATo UTG 6 handed with most people holding 15-25bb stacks was marginal to say the least in the first place.

Comment

1st 1 though - there's history there which is why it was marginal, tbh I'd say he had a lesser suited ace (he showed me an ace only)

Comment

Originally posted by Nic View Post
              Yeah opening ATo UTG 6 handed with most people holding 15-25bb stacks was marginal to say the least in the first place.
              This is a bit puzzling?
              Are you supposed to open fold it hardly?
              you are not going to get shoved on every time if your only going to be playing AJ+ going to get blinded away.

Comment

Originally posted by Sickpuppy View Post
                This is a bit puzzling?
                Are you supposed to open fold it hardly?
                you are not going to get shoved on every time if your only going to be playing AJ+ going to get blinded away.
                of course not we can raise fold or raise call v some players and some positions depending on what stats and info we have, people dont jam wide enough from the BB v UTG (even if 6 handed) to make this a profitable call, and most competent players online will be defending a decently wide range here too, and then jamming like 88/99+ AJs+ and defend everything else, those ranges prob come from how active we have been utg aswell or in general i suppose, so they can change and be wider depending on the dynamics.

stack sizes behind etc come into play aswell, but im guessing they are all close enough that we arent gonna get exploited by a bigger stack too often in this spot.

EDIT: im still opening ATo here every single time. never open folding.

Comment

Working...
                X