No announcement yet.

Fat burning exercises

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Greek yogurt is grand. Full fat version.

Any "low-fat" or flavoured yogurts should be avoided like the plauge. They are crammed full of sugar.

An average greek yogurt will have 150-200 cals and about 4g of sugar.

Low fat yogurts will have anything up to 30g of sugar!

Comment

Originally posted by Moneymaker View Post
      Greek yogurt is grand. Full fat version.

Any "low-fat" or flavoured yogurts should be avoided like the plauge. They are crammed full of sugar.

An average greek yogurt will have 150-200 cals and about 4g of sugar.

Low fat yogurts will have anything up to 30g of sugar!
      +1

Low fat and fat free are such bullshit terms these days. There's very few low fat yogurts I'd consider to be good as its just replaced with sugar. There are some exceptions though.
      yoplait do a new range that's Low fat and less than 1% added sugar - which means they come to about half the calories of the sugar filled ones. Sadly, that's a product here in Oz, its not on the UK website, so prob not in ireland either.

Comment

Originally posted by sickhabbit View Post
        @ V.

Is that diet you have above for massive & fast weight reduction?
        I don't want to eat like that at all, bacon and eggs and all the full fat stuff make me sick and I don't think health wise it sounds like the best option.

I only need to lose a few pounds and keep them off, I think I drink too much to this this tbh, but I could never live on the diet.
        Funny to look at this now.
        I only drink full fat milk, low fat tastes too sweet now.
        I still dont eat a LOT of bacon and eggs but I do eat them more than I used to. I've found 98% pork sausages that I eat too, again with eggs. It does seem to keep me fuller for longer and I'm rarely hungry until dinner time when I eat these.

I haven't had pasta or rice in 2 months now and dont miss them and I reckon I've only eaten about 10 pieces of bread. I kinda struggle sometimes with dinners, and what to have with the fish/steak etc. It seems to be egg-plant, courgette and peppers atm, Kinda looking to expand but don't find a lot of options out there. Sounds silly but carrots and broccoli just don't go well as a side with every piece of meat or fish.

I think my main issue is that I'm a Guinness drinker and I go about 3/4 days a week. I have mixed it up and stayed on Coors light for the night be generally I just have Guinness which I think it quite high in carbs... Not sure how to get around this cause I just don't see Vodka and dite soda as a viable alternative.

Anyho I'm down to 66.5 kg from 71kg and am loosing weight at a steady but slowish pace. And I feel a LOT better too, way more energy.

Comment

Anyho I'm down to 66.5 kg from 71kg and am loosing weight at a steady but slowish pace. And I feel a LOT better too, way more energy.
          how tall are you?
          RE:Veg, are you a good cook?

I've basically just been firing new vegetables into the shopping trolley every week. Don't check how to cook first, buy them, then worry about it.

Bagged Spinach, Kale are excellent in anything wet (curries etc) or else just cooked in butter.

Butternut Squash, Aubergines, Sweet Potato, Peppers etc, chop into similar size pieces, place on baking tray, anoint with Coconut Oil (or similar quality oil) and roast for 25/30 mins.

Brocolli and Cauliflower in the steamer for 10 mins, then grate cheese onto it and mash it up. So good and filling.

Keep up the good work. RE: the pints, don't ignore them altogether, but do realise that you don't have to be perfect every single meal of every day.

Comment

I'm 170cm, or 5ft7". I'm withing BMI but
            still don't want any belly, I currently am dealing with a paunch atm.

Yeah, I'm a decent cook, I've done a few course and cook a lot.
            I understood that sweet potatoes and squash were high in carbs?
            I've been making pea and mint puree and loads of raost eggplant, courgettes, onions etc but I think i'm just looking for sometime more. Like I eat a lot of curry and chilli but it's what to have a a side with these as most are served with Rice/Nan bread.

Comment

aye, the oul skinny fat. Are you lifting weights? That'll change your body shape real fast.
              I used to be a carb hater, but now am embracing the low gi carbs on occasion. Sweet Potato (portion sizing) and Squash are 'okay carbs' to have (in moderation), and can be used to treat yourself after a few good days. Sweet Potato mash in particular is a winner. Just lump a bit of bloody steak on top and you're away.

noodles / rice can be swapped for beansprouts imo.
              If you literally cannot survive without a Nan, have a go at one of these kind of things
                Ingredients: 1 ¼ cups vital wheat gluten   1  cup oat flour     ¼ cup wheat bran  ½ cup golden flax seed meal ¼ cup oat fiber...

Note that that's for 12 pockets, just 1/3 the recipe as if you make 12, you'll eat 12 (probably over course of a day or 3).

I've been trying to get inventive in the kitchen recently too. Just adding things wherever I think it might work. Made a lot of mistakes and terrible meals, but got to experiment!

Comment

Just add butter and mash it up for the sweet potato mash Emmet?

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                  Just add butter and mash it up for the sweet potato mash Emmet?
                  yessir.

Comment

Yeah, I'm skinny fat, exactly. Paunch issues.
                    I used to do a lot of weights and was very built until I got muscular inflammation problems, which are not yet resolved. I also have two damaged vertebrae in my lower spine and spinal arthritis.

So although I do a fair bit of running/cycling/football, gym work just fks me up. I'll have to wait until muscle issues and back/neck issues are fixed before I can hit weights etc/

Also, dont need Nan, actually don't much like bread now.

Comment

So although I do a fair bit of running/cycling/football, gym work just fks me up. I'll have to wait until muscle issues and back/neck issues are fixed before I can hit weights etc/
                      hmm, I'm not quite sure how to resolve this to be honest. You'll find it slow enough work to shift the fat on a cardio-supreme regime. Not saying that you wont get there, but it will be slow. It's not easy to get your body to put on muscle mass when doing cardio.

Have you considered something like Yoga or Pilates? Something to work on core strength without impact/resistance beyond bodyweight?

I'd definitely recommend getting some lessons on lifting if and when you're able to start back at it.

Comment

I used to lift a lot and had quite a bit of muscle,
                        shoulders are still biggish but chest and other areas have suffered.
                        I currently do Pilates but have difficultly fitting it in with work/being a singlish Dad (daughter lives with me 4 days a week) and play.

TBH my muscle inflammation could be sorted in 4-6 months, it just requires some lifestyle changes I have difficulty making.

I mean, overall I'm happy with the results of the diet, but I just need to get that extra little bit of disciplined behavior to get it right.

Comment

Well done Sickhabbit and Stay patient. You've made great progress and the beauty of changing your eating habits and exercising correctly and sustainably is that things get even better and you don't slip backwards. This new you is forever and that's a powerful motivator in my book.

My progress has slowed down quite a bit but I've now lost 55lb in net weight but it's probably more like 60lbs fat lost and 5lb muscle added. On the timeframe of my future life it's phenomenal progress in quite a short time but compared to the progress I was making its much slower. I just keep myself patient and focus on little goals along the way to my big ultimate goals.

Keep her lit. The extra energy everyday alone is worth it!
                          ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Working...
                          X