Computer desk build attempt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Computer desk build attempt

been giving this some thought for a while now and decided fuck it I'm going to go for it

My laptop is being repaired atm so can't post the basic sketches of the design I came up with so far but im probably going way over board with it lol

Ok so this is basically what I want to to turn out like,
    (btw I'm designing it just for a laptop not a desktop)
    • Built in 19" monitor
    • Built in LCD screen (dont know how big yet) with wireless tv receiver to watch sky etc
    • Built in paper shredder within like a draw I can open
    • Multi tiered desk itself
    • Built in speakers
    • Jack to jack thingy so I can just plug the laptop into the speaker system
    • Mini fridge (not those shitty little ones that hold 6 cans) the 46ltr propper ones

I'd love to do some novelty things like some fitted buttons with call/raise/fold etc poker functions along with some big mad looking doom switch thing

Havin't decided what materials I'm going to use but I think as it's a once off no point in cheap timber so it's going to be a hard wood, I love walnut so possible that

Any suggestions/ comments on the project work away you know how to post

Once I start the build I'll be taking lots of pictures to keep the thread updated

GL me

just remember to create an area that is well ventilated for you to put the laptop. Last thing you would want is to create an enclosed space for it and then see the laptop overheat time after time.

Comment

Originally posted by AKDonk View Post
      just remember to create an area that is well ventilated for you to put the laptop. Last thing you would want is to create an enclosed space for it and then see the laptop overheat time after time.
      The laptop itself is just going to sit straight onto the desk normally, figuring out which way to put the extra 19" monitor on is going to be more fun trying not to make it look weird

Comment

Would you not consider a bigger monitor?
        X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
        Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Originally posted by The-Rigger View Post
          Would you not consider a bigger monitor?
          I already have a spare 19" so just going to design the desk for that monitor but also so that it can be switched out for a bigger one but for now not planning on getting a new one

Comment

old design just went out the window & going to work 2 x pop up lcd's into it (looks like i'll be picking up new screens after all )

Comment

Would be a sweet setup.
              "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

thinking a 3 tier setup with the 2 monitors popping up & tv popping up higher so its over the monitors but the price of the Linear actuators holy fuck,

Comment

Working...
                X