Ending a Pub Game .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ending a Pub Game .

I play a regular pub game which on a night has run on a little later than normal , i should state the the pub has had some visits from the guards and have had warnings for people in the pub after time with drinks ect.
    There are 5 players left the chip leader has double the others which are around even, the manager tells us we have to finish up its 12.20am .
    How do we end the game fairly ?????
    option 1 the TD calls last 5 hands and then we do a chip count for places.
    option 2 a deal is done to split the pot , 4 out of 5 agree (including the chip leader) but one player objects ?
    after a heated disscussion about playing over 4 hours 5 hands is a crap shoot with the short stacks have no chance to win where they could come back in a normal game played out to the end.
    the outcome was we got 13 mins to finish from the pub manager which did end in a crap shoot with players tilting and pushing their stacks in .
    Have you guys got any ideas or rulings that can be put in place if this happens again.

Chip Equity Split all the way. Generally if in the money each player gets 5th place prize money and the remaining prize fund is divided in realtion to chip stack

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface ste View Post
      Chip Equity Split all the way. Generally if in the money each player gets 5th place prize money and the remaining prize fund is divided in realtion to chip stack
      I'd imagine it probably paid top 3
      People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
      Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
      https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
        I'd imagine it probably paid top 3
        Kill 2 players and chop it up so

Comment

sorry guys I should have stated that the pay out was for the top 5 so all were in the money €400 1st not sure of the rest €50 for 5th
          Last edited by SwordsPokerDamo; 14-01-11, 15:31.

Comment

bring the game home??

Comment

Originally posted by donk magnet View Post
              bring the game home??
              Not an option

Comment

Originally posted by SwordsPokerDamo View Post
                sorry guys I should have stated that the pay out was for the top 5 so all were in the money €400 1st not sure of the rest €50 for 5th
                Well if this is the case, the normal way I've seen it done is that everyone will get €50 and then will get whatever additional money based on chip stack relative to whats in play

Comment

Take the number of chips a person has, multiply them by the prizepool and divide by the total number of chips in play. Easy.
                  "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

after running and playing pub tourneys for awhile now i have come across this situation a few times
                    if you are like me and sound that you are from the your post, that you want to give your players value and not to make it crap shoot.

Generally when the garda start sniffing around its because the pubs licence is up for renewal so this might happen for about 2 - 4 weeks.

the first time it happened to me i invited the players to come back to my house and finish it but some players rather finish it there and which is fine

2 nd option is invite the players want to come an hour early next week and play out the final table???? again some player prefer to get there winnings on the night

3rd option and probably the only way is to do it is play 3 hands and then equity split. as ghostfaceste said everyone in the money has to get the min payout ie if small stack has less equity that min prize he still has to get the min
                    4th option only really happens is if you 5 players that play weekly and in fiarness of the situation will chop it fairly...................

end of the day mate its in the best interest of the pub, your players regular tournament and you is to get it finished asap as if the garda put the pressure on your the game will be cancelled

equity split all the time.....

Comment

As ghostface says, everybody gets 5th place + their chip equity in relation to the remaining prizepool.
                      Giving out the actual placings according to chip counts isn't fair so I would never agree to that.
                      Chipleader could have 100k and the next player 99k.

JP's pub games finish at a set time: 1am + 3 hands. More often than not it goes to an equity split with 3 or 4 players at that stage.
                      Everybody knows about the equity split and he reminds players as the deadline approaches and asks if everybody understands. Sometimes he has to explain it to a new player but there is never any arguements.
                      I have found it to be a very fair formula but I couldn't explain it properly to you.

It would be worth PM'ing JP Poker and Ì'm sure he would explain it to you.

Comment

Gordan what would happen if just say there were 8 players left and the payout structure was only allowing for 5 players to be paid .

Comment

u woundnt have to worry about it damo !!!! lol
                          dont worry buddy keep plugging away ul make it someday

Comment

u woundnt have to worry about it damo !!!! lol
                            dont worry buddy keep plugging away ul make it someday
                            This makes me lol so much , especially coming from you

Comment

Originally posted by DAMO72 View Post
                              This makes me lol so much , especially coming from you
                              hu for 500??

Comment

Here's a link to equity splits http://www.jppoker.ie/jppoker/index....viewthread/70/

Another option would be to double deal if this option is available to you.
                                €10,000 GTD New Monthly Tournament
                                Village Green Card Club, Last Thursday of the Month, €270 Freezeout
                                €1,000,000 GTD - Irish Open
                                CityWest Hotel, 6th-13th April

Comment

Originally posted by DAMO72 View Post
                                  Gordan what would happen if just say there were 8 players left and the payout structure was only allowing for 5 players to be paid .
                                  Then your fooked

Comment

hu for 500??
                                    Ok but where will you borrow it from

Comment

Thanks for the replys

Comment

Working...
                                      X