Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

V's posts reminded me to watch his video of his robot mower.

Solid watch although plot development was lacking.
      "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

...Had a small mouth infection a couple of weeks ago...So went the Dentist, told me to use corsydol mouthwash then come back today for cleaning and polish...Got it done today, and my teeth are sparkly...
        ...She forgot to mention that I'd be spitting blood for the next 12 hours and that cracked tooth comes free...#dentistcunce...

Comment

Originally posted by Ed View Post
          Was due back from Barcelona today, bit of freak weather means I'm now stuck til Friday. Generally worse places to be stranded but weather due to be crap again tomorrow and airline has put us in a hotel in a shithole tourist resort (Capella)
          We're having freak weather here too. Of the freakishly good kind.

Hasta luego.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
            About 800 pages read today on the European fish market. AMA.
            what's the future of fishing going to look like post-Brexit? Will there be fun times with gunboats, man the rigging and sea shanties abounding?

Comment

LOL David Davis and the Brexit cabinet omnishambles, you couldn't make this shit up.

People fishing in the canals to avoid starvation is the direction they are heading
              Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Link?
                His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                    A young lad of great importance to me is meeting with one of our bewigged friends today and more or less having to entrust his entire future to this one mans competence and sincerity in dealing with a complex problem.
                    Its an awful lot to ask when one wrong word from his man could and the lad could lose everything.
                    Had a genuine moment of “fuck am I meeting someone today?” when I read this.

Hope it all goes well Strewelly. I know you hate my ilk and the numerous horses we rode in on but I do really hope this young lad gets a good result in whatever the matter may be.
                    You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                    World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                      what's the future of fishing going to look like post-Brexit? Will there be fun times with gunboats, man the rigging and sea shanties abounding?
                      Loads of the small fishing fleets in England already sold their rights to the big companies, so they ain't getting control of that either!

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                        LOL David Davis and the Brexit cabinet omnishambles, you couldn't make this shit up.

People fishing in the canals to avoid starvation is the direction they are heading
                        Our revenge will be the laughter of our children

Comment

Going to Puy du Fou next week. Allegedly the best theme park in France and second most visited after Disneyland. Can't fully make out what it is or if it could possibly be fun from bits I have worked out. Will report back!
                          This is not going to be very useful info probably but I was there when I was about 12 and despite not remembering many specifics I know I thought it was marvelous at the time.

Comment

Anybody got cool things to do in London? Need more ideas, here for another 2 weeks. Feet are falling off me with all the walking (30k+ steps a day) but it's class in summer.

Will be going to a few plays culminating in my brothers first one in London, which I'm looking forward to!
                            Last edited by Tar.Aldarion; 07-06-18, 00:07.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                Anybody got cool things to do in London? Need more ideas, here for another 2 weeks. Feet are falling off me with all the walking (30k+ steps a day) but it's class in summer.

Will be going to a few plays culminating in my brothers first one in London, which I'm looking forward to!
                                Grab a kebab in one of the Turkish shops on Green Lanes... Oh wait!

++ for the national gallery, hunt down the young, top of his game Rembrandt in Room 22 take a few minutes just focussing on this picture to absorb him and what was going on and then turn around and look at him on his uppers aged 63.
                                There are lots of other small galleries and museums, Dulwich picture gallery and the National portrait gallery around the corner from the NG are often overlooked.

The Swimmer looks like a very fun run / swim event, I haven't managed to do one yet and they have no live events but could well run one anytime.

Climb the monument, and take the 'tube' boat down to Greenwich.

Comment

The World Cup betting guide/pullout is in todays Racing Post.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                    The World Cup betting guide/pullout is in todays Racing Post.
                                    France outright & Werner top goalscorer for the interest. Obviously do the double at 125/1 too.

Comment

Churchill war bunkers, tate modern, tour of parliament, Jack the ripper tour, natural history museum, science museum, sky garden on the walky talky building,Film at the BFI imax, tired of london tired of life is no overstatement.
                                      Low fee Euro/UK money transfer, 1st transfer free through my referral
                                      https://transferwise.com/u/bfa0e

Comment

Supreme Court in UK dismissed the pro abortion campaign to have the law over turned in Northern Ireland.

Comment

Originally posted by jack90210 View Post
                                          Supreme Court in UK dismissed the pro abortion campaign to have the law over turned in Northern Ireland.
                                          Go on, tell them the rest of it.

SPOILER
                                          The Human Rights Commission lost on a technical legal point (they can't take a case that doesn't directly affect them personally). However, the Court did state in a non-binding part of the decision as follows, per Lord Kerr

"The court has expressed the clear view that the law of Northern Ireland on abortion is incompatible with article 8 of the Convention in relation to cases of fatal foetal abnormality and by a majority of four to three that it is also incompatible with that article in cases of rape and incest".

So, the Human Rights Commission lost because the Human Rights Commission isn't a victim of rape or a pregnant woman whose child has a fatal abnormality. But the UK Supreme Court have strongly indicated what their decision would be should such a Plaintiff take the case, likely to force the hands of the legislature to take action before such a Plaintiff does come forward.
                                          Last edited by Kayroo; 07-06-18, 10:24.

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
                                            I've often considered responding to him but generally don't bother. I'll assume you're referring to this:

"But a majority of the seven-strong panel of justices in London expressed the "clear opinion" that the current legislation is "incompatible" with European human rights laws in the cases of fatal foetal abnormality, rape and incest.
                                            The justices said the court "has no jurisdiction" in the proceedings to make a declaration of incompatibility or to strike down law."

SPOILER

Comment

Originally posted by brady23 View Post
                                              I've often considered responding to him but generally don't bother. I'll assume you're referring to this:

"But a majority of the seven-strong panel of justices in London expressed the "clear opinion" that the current legislation is "incompatible" with European human rights laws in the cases of fatal foetal abnormality, rape and incest.
                                              The justices said the court "has no jurisdiction" in the proceedings to make a declaration of incompatibility or to strike down law."

SPOILER
                                              Yeah I edited my post to put it in spoilers. Have to at least give him the chance to not be intentionally misleading.

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post

SPOILER
                                                The Human Rights Commission lost on a technical legal point (they can't take a case that doesn't directly affect them personally). However, the Court did state in a non-binding part of the decision as follows, per Lord Kerr

"The court has expressed the clear view that the law of Northern Ireland on abortion is incompatible with article 8 of the Convention in relation to cases of fatal foetal abnormality and by a majority of four to three that it is also incompatible with that article in cases of rape and incest".

So, the Human Rights Commission lost because the Human Rights Commission isn't a victim of rape or a pregnant woman whose child has a fatal abnormality. But the UK Supreme Court have strongly indicated what their decision would be should such a Plaintiff take the case, likely to force the hands of the legislature to take action before such a Plaintiff does come forward.
                                                Non binding been the key point.

Comment

How important is it really?
                                                  In this age of goodfellas pizzas and €3 chickens, how much is the fishing market/fishing rights worth in shaping government policies and strategy

I'm only half joking, I was surprised it came up as often as it did in Prisoners of Geography
                                                  People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                  Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                  https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Here is a special treat for the Peterson fanbois

#PrayForRigger

A response.Support this channel: https://www.patreon.com/contrapoints✿Donate: https://paypal.me/contrapoints✿Subscribe: https://www.youtube.com/c/ContraPoint...

Comment

No leader since Hitler has been more obsessed with the rituals surrounding anthems and other militaristic drivel.

You'd think he might have learned the words

Comment

go walk around hampstead and then take a swim in the hampstead swimming ponds.
                                                        visit highgate cemetery.
                                                        go swimming in the tooting bec lido (not been yet personally but dying to go, it's a 91m pool!).
                                                        go to the wellcome museum, visit the permanent collection (the temp exhibition can be quite good also, sometimes).then go and chill with a good book on a massive beanbag in the library steps (really love this place!)
                                                        British museum (but i'd be surprised if you hadn't done it yet!)

Comment

Curry mile up in hipsterville (not what it was but...)

Bag of cans with an off the shelf picnic in a park/common

Walk up to the palace around 8ish and breathe the cleanest air in town

Botanic gardens, pint by river up at Richmond

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                                          go walk around hampstead and then take a swim in the hampstead swimming ponds.
                                                          visit highgate cemetery.
                                                          go swimming in the tooting bec lido (not been yet personally but dying to go, it's a 91m pool!).
                                                          go to the wellcome museum, visit the permanent collection (the temp exhibition can be quite good also, sometimes).then go and chill with a good book on a massive beanbag in the library steps (really love this place!)
                                                          British museum (but i'd be surprised if you hadn't done it yet!)
                                                          Get there VERY early or forget about it!

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post

Get there VERY early or forget about it!
                                                              Even day time during the week?

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                                                Even day time during the week?
                                                                Ya, think so, full of kids!

Old flatmate used to go a bit, on a good afternoon it would be packed, not far from Tooting, Balham, Streatham & Top end of Brixton, so a good place to bring the kids

He liked it even when a bit busy mind
                                                                Last edited by Guest; 07-06-18, 17:36.

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
                                                                  Ya, think so, full of kids!

Old flatmate used to go a bit, on a good afternoon it would be packed, not easy to get (easy for you Northern line) to bus wise but not far from Tooting, Balham, Streatham & Top end of Brixton, so a good place to bring the kids

He liked it even when a bit busy mind
                                                                  cool. never been because we've got a great lido at parliament hill (only 60 metres mind ), but i'll definitely go one time. never swam in a pool that long. would love to go to this one also and swim the length of it, just over a kilometer!!

Comment

The whistleblower on Twitter is a very brave man. Anyone know who's behind it ? Rumours it's a hutch gang member . Wasp/fly picture on profile.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Bullocks View Post
                                                                      The whistleblower on Twitter is a very brave man. Anyone know who's behind it ? Rumours it's a hutch gang member . Wasp/fly picture on profile.
                                                                      Cliffs?
                                                                      airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Bullocks View Post
                                                                        ?

Comment

google says

not reading 900 tweets though

Comment

"Organic matter preserved in 3-billion-year-old mudstones at Gale crater, Mars"...Now that is a paper title to be envious of.

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                                                              "Organic matter preserved in 3-billion-year-old mudstones at Gale crater, Mars"...Now that is a paper title to be envious of.
                                                                              So life on mars proven. The flat earthers won't buy that.

Ok not proven. Read the report. Got a bit excited there
                                                                              Last edited by Solksjaer!; 07-06-18, 20:41.

Comment

Was at LCD Soundsystem Tuesday, came home and was violently ill for about a half an hour. Woke up yesterday with aches all over and generally in a heap. Only starting to feel rihht now although voice is still gone from puking so hard.

Mate that I was away with at the weekend had similar symptoms but his kicked in Tuesday morning. Nobody of the other 6 people away at the weekend had any issues.

Only thing we can think of is both of us drank potenially dodgy water on Saturday afternoon.

How long would that take to kick in if it was the cause - Is 72+ hours too long?

Comment

Half an hour ? You'll be fine if no more after that.

Aches and pains be the walking and general rambunctious concert behaviour plus you are getting old.

Rest with a cup of Ovaltine

Comment

Nah, these weren't the aches of being at a gig, I'm well used to that besides it was a very tame affair.

It was more the violent nature of the puking than the time frame it went on for. Voice is still not back as a result. The generally in a heap includes full on sweaty/fever type symptoms

On the mend now but just trying to figure out what caused it. I pretty much never get sick so really annoying when I do, although very thankful for it happening so rarely.

Comment

AJ will be glad to note that thread views are finally incrementing again.

Comment

Afaik 36 hours is the upper end of the range for most forms of food poisoning to kick in. Maybe ye picked up a
                                                                                        virus,

Comment

I don't know any other form of puking other than violent.

Comment

Stephen Frears' adapted three part mini-series about the Thorpe affair, "A Very English Scandal", starring Ben Whishaw and Hugh Grant, is most excellent.
                                                                                            Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by CHDog View Post
                                                                                              I don't know any other form of puking other than violent.
                                                                                              passive?

Comment

Soberly puking is always violent. It's fucking horrific.
                                                                                                I wouldn't describe drunkenly puking as violent. Just a heavy flow!!

Comment

...

Comment

Siccup

Comment

Let's not forget the flop puke , the turn wretch and the River bile emptying vomit cough

Comment

...Love BBV on a Friday morning whilst having breakfast and reading puke stories...

Comment

When I was minding my son I was about to drop him off to the crèche for a few hours as I was in rag order (sudden bug). I had just placed him in the car seat when my stomach emptied onto the pavement, violent. I was on my knees but still had one hand on him in the car as he was unstrapped. I arose weak legged and barely got him to the crèche, spend the next few hours puking in the comfort of the bathroom. I was thinking to myself, this is horrible but still it’s a little more comfortable.

Comment

I was out at the weekend and I guy I know referred to Theresa May as a fascist dictator, and I burst out laughing. Only realised the next day that the guy spent the rest of the night trying to get snide insults in. Mad that that seemed to upset him.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post

I was out at the weekend and I guy I know referred to Theresa May as a fascist dictator, and I burst out laughing. Only realised the next day that the guy spent the rest of the night trying to get snide insults in. Mad that that seemed to upset him.
                                                                                                              She was groomed (or modeled herself) as the new Thatcher.
                                                                                                              It's only as everything falls down around the torys ears that her lack of spine is more visible.

Nice thread here on the current davis debacle
                                                                                                              People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                                              Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                                              https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post

Corbyn is a poor politician, but has proven himself a good campaigner so in an election situation those figures would quickly change.

It's difficult for Corbyn to make any inroads into opinion polling though as there's pretty much a consensus amongst the press/media to report nothing positive about him, even amongst the elements of the press like the guardian/mirror which should theoretically be on the labour party side. So everything which he largely dispelled during the last campaign (commie, hamas/ira sympathiser, anti-semite, throwback to 1970s, looney leftie) has become accepted again.
                                                                                                                  But he doesn't help himself by being really bad at the day to day Leader of The Opposition stuff.

Comment

There's a decent cohort on twitter that were referring to Leo as mini-Thatcher when he argued that not every single penny of available resources should go on social welfare spending and public sector pay increases, but that maybe ordinary workers deserved a bit of a break too.

UK is so screwed by having a combination of the least effective leader and least effective opposition leader in memory at the same time as going through the most crucial period in their history since the last World War.
                                                                                                                    It was because he set up a hotline encouraging people to ring up and accuse their neighbours of social welfare fraud to curry favour with the gowlish wing of FG ahead of a leadership contest.

I don't mind him but that was a dick move done for dick reasons, the same way his 'people who get up early in the morning' was a calculated wink at the same gowl wing.

Comment

...

Comment

...
                                                                                                                        Last edited by Hitchhiker's Guide To...; 08-06-18, 11:39.

Comment

Anthony Bourdain has checked out. Top bloke. His original book Kitchen Confidential is brilliant in case you've never got around to reading it.
                                                                                                                          Sad to see that. Enjoyed some of his TV shows. He seemed to have a great zest for life, to be fair he seemed to have led a full one too.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X