Gimmeabreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks From:
Old 16-04-19, 21:53   #51802
hotspur
Intensely rational
Space Invaders Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
I think he means the Fryer Tuck up by Croke Park.

Some efforts by Ajax in the CL knockout stages. Arreviderci CR7.
Just from watching the highlights in the two games versus Juventus they look really dynamic and exciting.
hotspur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-19, 22:49   #51803
Elshambles
Wierdo

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotspur View Post
Just from watching the highlights in the two games versus Juventus they look really dynamic and exciting.
Old 16-04-19, 22:58   #51804
PSV58

Really good article on Facebook in Wired, when even the Silicon Valley Pravda is shitting on you you know it’s bad. Fuck that weird cunt Zuck over and break it up please.
Thank fuck we live in The E.U , at least they are having a dig

https://www.wired.com/story/facebook...of-fresh-hell/
PSV58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks From:
Old 16-04-19, 23:02   #51805
PSV58

GOT
Spoiler
Old 16-04-19, 23:08   #51806
hotspur
Intensely rational
Space Invaders Champion

Tell us 10 things you think are wonderful about the world and people PSV.
hotspur is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Thanks From:
Old 16-04-19, 23:30   #51807
PSV58

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotspur View Post
Tell us 10 things you think are wonderful about the world and people PSV.
Lots of things , I just don’t feel the need to post about most of them here.
The thread is titled Bad beat/moaning /venting, so giving out about someone moaning /ranting is a bit much???
set up a gauche boasting/ fluffy kitten / life is wonderful thread and if I post there moaning then you have every right to snipe
Reddit front page is what you are looking for I think, that and the ignore button
Thanks From:
Old 17-04-19, 07:30   #51808
Lao Lao

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSV58 View Post
Lots of things , I just donít feel the need to post about most of them here.
The thread is titled Bad beat/moaning /venting, so giving out about someone moaning /ranting is a bit much???
set up a gauche boasting/ fluffy kitten / life is wonderful thread and if I post there moaning then you have every right to snipe
Reddit front page is what you are looking for I think, that and the ignore button
You may or may not know this but this thread was originally set up as a place to discuss/moan/vent about poker bad beats in order to keep them out of other threads that were dedicated to specific topics. This was back when we were a bunch of degens.

Over the years, we've all matured into (semi) responsible adults and the thread has evolved to cover pretty much every topic imaginable (and there have been a few bizarre ones) bar poker bad beats, not they are not allowed, they just don't come up that often.

So it's not against the ethos of the thread to post things that make you happy or that you like. Similarly, nothing wrong with non stop venting if that's what floats your boat but from Hotspurs point of view, I'd say he was genuinely interested as it can't be healthy to be in non stop venting mode.
Lao Lao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-19, 07:58   #51809
Strewelpeter

Quote:
Really good article on Facebook in Wired, when even the Silicon Valley Pravda is shitting on you you know itís bad. Fuck that weird cunt Zuck over and break it up please.
Thank fuck we live in The E.U , at least they are having a dig

https://www.wired.com/story/facebook...of-fresh-hell/
Hasn't Zuckerberg not been acknowledging that he has created something so huge and ridden with unintended consequences that it is up to governments to regulate it into something safe to exist in a democracy. With the inference that the genie is well and truly out of the bottle and many governments would rather exploit the power of SM than neutralise it - even if that were possible and it probably isn't.
Old 17-04-19, 08:08   #51810
PSV58

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lao Lao View Post
You may or may not know this but this thread was originally set up as a place to discuss/moan/vent about poker bad beats in order to keep them out of other threads that were dedicated to specific topics. This was back when we were a bunch of degens.

Over the years, we've all matured into (semi) responsible adults and the thread has evolved to cover pretty much every topic imaginable (and there have been a few bizarre ones) bar poker bad beats, not they are not allowed, they just don't come up that often.

So it's not against the ethos of the thread to post things that make you happy or that you like. Similarly, nothing wrong with non stop venting if that's what floats your boat but from Hotspurs point of view, I'd say he was genuinely interested as it can't be healthy to be in non stop venting mode.
Believe it or not I spend pretty much no time in real life dribbling to workmates/friends about how google and facebook are gonna steal their souls etc. I enjoy having a vent in here on the stuff that would get people to switch . tables to avoid you in real life, I find it therapeutic . Like last night I had a rant about Facebook and wished death upon a poorly written (recently) fictional character. If that kind of thing troubles Hotspur then he use the ignore button.
Like people most on here in the grand scheme of things I lead an insanely privileged and comfortable existence but who the fuck wants to hear about that?
Old 17-04-19, 08:11   #51811
Lazare
GFML

The day PSV changes is the day I give up.
Old 17-04-19, 08:12   #51812
PSV58

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strewelpeter View Post
Hasn't Zuckerberg not been acknowledging that he has created something so huge and ridden with unintended consequences that it is up to governments to regulate it into something safe to exist in a democracy. With the inference that the genie is well and truly out of the bottle and many governments would rather exploit the power of SM than neutralise it - even if that were possible and it probably isn't.
He is a snake. Heís passing the buck on to governments when there is more he could be doing but the bottom line is all he cares about. Suppose I should spare some anger for people who are still on Facebook after all thatís come out, like there really is no cost whatsoever to not being on it whereas something like WhatsApp can be trickier to do without
Old 17-04-19, 08:15   #51813
Denny Crane
Undefeated

Quote:
GOT
Spoiler
Spoiler

Denny Crane is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks From:
Old 17-04-19, 08:22   #51814
AndyFatBastard
Pudgy Bastard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strewelpeter View Post
It's a Wired article, SP. Don't be bringing facts into this.
Old 17-04-19, 09:22   #51815
Tar.Aldarion

Send a message via MSN to Tar.Aldarion Send a message via Skype™ to Tar.Aldarion
Quote:
GOT
Spoiler

Spoiler

Last edited by Tar.Aldarion; 17-04-19 at 09:24.
Tar.Aldarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-19, 09:49   #51816
Lao Lao

Quote:

Like people most on here in the grand scheme of things I lead an insanely privileged and comfortable existence but who the fuck wants to hear about that?
Fair enough points.

Just on the quoted bit, I really like to hear when things are going well for people on here.

We've built up a good community here and I'd know a lot of the posters so it's great to here the good stuff.

There's a huge amount of sadness and negativity out there at large so good to get some good bits also.
Lao Lao is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Thanks From:
Old 17-04-19, 10:14   #51817
shrapnel
chevauche moi sur le cŰtť, Kylian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lao Lao View Post
Fair enough points.

Just on the quoted bit, I really like to hear when things are going well for people on here.

We've built up a good community here and I'd know a lot of the posters so it's great to here the good stuff.

There's a huge amount of sadness and negativity out there at large so good to get some good bits also.
after 14 months on crutches, happy to say i am now crutch free. I still limp like a motherfucker, have put on 10 kilos, and my right leg is now shorter than my left leg, but i'm free of those evil sticks.

There ya go!!!!
shrapnel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-19, 11:04   #51818
jbravado
Not Lost In Translation

Send a message via MSN to jbravado
Can some pm me and idiot proof link *ie a click on it and no utter bolloxolgy is needed to be done so I can watch the GOT

Fucking hate technology so much. Never change PSV
jbravado is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks From:
Old 17-04-19, 11:08   #51819
Hitchhiker's Guide To...
Duncan F*****g Stewart

Germany set for 0.5% growth this year. Something is rotten somewhere if the best run country in Europe is growing like that.
Hitchhiker's Guide To... is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks From:
Old 17-04-19, 11:20   #51820
dobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbravado View Post
Can some pm me and idiot proof link *ie a click on it and no utter bolloxolgy is needed to be done so I can watch the GOT

Fucking hate technology so much. Never change PSV
Only one I found was a HD flawless download on pirate bay. If that's any use to you, can tell yoi how to download and watch
dobby is offline   Reply With Quote

Irish Poker Boards > Poker > General Poker