Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
    Unless a miracle happens in toulouse, we're looking at leinster Saracens qf!
    I called it here last week. Called it elsewhere two weeks ago. There was just a feeling of inevitability about it.

Actually I think it’s for the best from a Leinster perspective. IF Leinster won without facing Saracens and with all the issues around them it would cheapen it a bit. Plus the best chance of beating them will be at home in a quarter after the 6Ns as things will be in a bit of disarray and they would obviously start resting folk in the premiership from now on so facing them in a semi or final would be tougher as they should be fresh. Post 6Ns neither team have an advantage as both are bulk suppliers to the national side.

One hell of a game to look forward to. I’m heading over to Twickenham for Eng v Ire which now feels a bit like a warm up!! Lol
    ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
      State of the electorate
      Future Taoiseach sitting beside me here in Burlo...nobody else about...name your price and i'll sort it for ya w

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
        Future Taoiseach sitting beside me here in Burlo...nobody else about...name your price and i'll sort it for ya w
        You having soup and s as roll with Mary Lou

Comment

RDIII certainly picked the right game to travel to.
          Turning millions into thousands

Comment

In croker for the club all Ireland finals. TJ Reid different class in the hurling. Corofin on now and hard to see athubly the best club side ever beaten. Great days entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
              RDIII certainly picked the right game to travel to.
              Fun game in toulouse also

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                Didn't come across that way at all dude.
                Were you running around citywest industrial estate earlier? Was gonna say howdy but wasn't 100% it was you and seemed to be going at a good rate!

Comment

Originally posted by Murdrum View Post
                  Charlie Flanagan absolutely floundering when on with Aine Lawlor. I don't think the refusal of FF/FG to deal with SF is playing particularly well, I wouldn't be surprised to see SF surpass FG which is a scary thought.

I thought Alan Kelly came across quite well tbf. Given Labour's redline position on pensions and FF likely to target a similar base,I think a FF/Lab+ someone else, 20s+ on that combination looks an ok shout.
                  Alan Kelly is probably the best orator in the Dail and will always flatter to deceive, however there's no substance to him.

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface View Post
                    Were you running around citywest industrial estate earlier? Was gonna say howdy but wasn't 100% it was you and seemed to be going at a good rate!
                    Yeah, that was me. Was running down to The Louis Fitzgerald to get my van. Citywest bus campus is a lovely place to run.

Whereabouts were you?
                    I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
                      Seems to be a growing number of golfers on here. Nice way to plan out the year.....

https://irishgolfer.ie/top-100/2020/...-ireland-2020/
                      Hacked around 38 of those. Played most if not all the ones mentioned along the north coast and Donegal. Ballyliffin & Portsalon would have been my favorites. Highly recommenced a trip taking in as many as you can along that stretch of coast.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                          Yeah, that was me. Was running down to The Louis Fitzgerald to get my van. Citywest bus campus is a lovely place to run.

Whereabouts were you?
                          Was out walking the kid in the buggy to get him asleep, you passed by me at FAAC. Live down the road, nice and quiet around here at the weekend. I think you have a lot bigger hair than I remember which why wasn't sure

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface View Post
                            Was out walking the kid in the buggy to get him asleep, you passed by me at FAAC. Live down the road, nice and quiet around here at the weekend. I think you have a lot bigger hair than I remember which why wasn't sure
                            lol, I took the monkey hat off at Rathcoole so the oul gruaige was prob a bit wild.

I think I remember passing you now, did you pull in with the buggy?

Do be in a bit of a zone on those long runs, could run by my Ma and not notice her.

Comment

Comment

Parasite was drivel. I only watched it and stuck it out as it was so highly rated, should have gone with my instinct to cut it after 30mins.

Part of the reason I rarely watch movies is I don't think the risk/reward is worth it. If you watch a bad TV show you're risking half an hour or an hour, but there's potentially a multi season pay off.

With a bad movie you're probably pot committed at that point. And if it's a great movie there's no more to it. TV Shows have the space to go to greater depths, and less need for Hollywood cliches or theatrics.
                                Last edited by Denny Crane; 20-01-20, 01:15.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                  Was it perhaps AJ who said the Goes Wrong Show is surprisingly funny? It's not bad at all!
                                  Yes, was me.
                                  Its hit and miss and parts of it are stupid, but the court-room trial episode in particular had me howling with laughter a few times.

Comment

Yeah Denny, I agree. Fuck movies.

Comment

If he goes back down to lw, he gets destroyed by khabib. Looking forward to it. If he stays at ww, best of luck to him lol.
                                      I think the previously result is making people excessively write off his chances vrs Khabib.
                                      Khabib is certainly favourite. But McGregor clearly won the 3rd round in their fight. And the jump from 1 round to 3 rounds is pretty slim.

Comment

Was it perhaps AJ who said the Goes Wrong Show is surprisingly funny? It's not bad at all!
                                        You would not, could not, binge them.

The Outsider looks very good, have only seen the first 2, but being King...

Watched the first episode of Cobra, new Sky production, nice snappy pace to it, could be good.
                                        This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                          You would not, could not, binge them.

The Outsider looks very good, have only seen the first 2, but being King...

Watched the first episode of Cobra, new Sky production, nice snappy pace to it, could be good.
                                          outsider has the potential to be a decent series (based on the story), book is shite though!

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                              I think the previously result is making people excessively write off his chances vrs Khabib.
                                              Khabib is certainly favourite. But McGregor clearly won the 3rd round in their fight. And the jump from 1 round to 3 rounds is pretty slim.
                                              Not basing it on the last result only, we always knew Khabib was a horrendous match up for Conor, and still is. There's a reason they kept Khabib away from their cash cow for years. they knew he would most likely lose, and probably still will. Don't know why but i've got a sneaky suspicion Conor might just stay at WW

Comment

Been reading a book in the morning called The Atlas of Happiness. Not a particularly great book, but fine. The big advantage is that its a physical book and divided into 10-page bits on each country. That makes it lovely as a calm morning read as an alternative to scrolling through news stories that just make you angry.

Would anyone have a suggestion for another book like this that would be great in bit-sized portions as a morning read of about 15 minutes? A typical coffee table book if you will.
                                                Not precisely what you're after but similar vein, Ryan Holiday's 365 day art of wisdom, collection of Stoic quotes and modern interpretations, closer to a 5 min read but not a million miles away: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Daily-Stoic.../dp/0735211736

If you're into the happiness stuff, check out everything Jonathan Haidt

Comment

Been reading a book in the morning called The Atlas of Happiness. Not a particularly great book, but fine. The big advantage is that its a physical book and divided into 10-page bits on each country. That makes it lovely as a calm morning read as an alternative to scrolling through news stories that just make you angry.

Would anyone have a suggestion for another book like this that would be great in bit-sized portions as a morning read of about 15 minutes? A typical coffee table book if you will.
                                                  I haven't read it but I've seen a few people recently raving about What I Know For Sure by Oprah Winfrey. I read the first few pages and it seems to be an anthology of articles she has written over the years around mental health, positive thinking, gratitude etc.

Anything where it's an anthology of articles would work for bitesized reading, if it's that element rather than the subject matter you're interested in. There must be loads of those out there.

Comment

There's a reason they kept Khabib away from their cash cow for years.
                                                    Yeah, the reason was they were in a different weight division. Khabib was his second fight when he moved to lightweight.

Comment

Oh come on!!! The McG hype already! They are all fierce no doubt but Cowboy showed up to get paid and a minute was all he fancied.

It was actually hard to watch the first fight v Khabib such was the extent of control and non contest it was.

Hope the fuck they fight again as would be the all in of all ins.

Comment

Not basing it on the last result only, we always knew Khabib was a horrendous match up for Conor, and still is. There's a reason they kept Khabib away from their cash cow for years. they knew he would most likely lose, and probably still will. Don't know why but i've got a sneaky suspicion Conor might just stay at WW

Nah, Jorge and maybe Nate III is all he is doing at WW.
                                                        It's a grapple heavy division with lads that would dwarf him and cut a ton before weigh in.

Usman out injured as well points to a BMF fight as the WW option
                                                        People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                        Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                        https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by jbravado View Post
                                                          Oh come on!!! The McG hype already! They are all fierce no doubt but Cowboy showed up to get paid and a minute was all he fancied.

It was actually hard to watch the first fight v Khabib such was the extent of control and non contest it was.

Hope the fuck they fight again as would be the all in of all ins.
                                                          There is so much wrong with this, I don't know where to start.
                                                          The Cowboy took a dive is just the latest in a long line of "McGregor won so it was rigged" conspiracies.

Did you see it?
                                                          Look at his face, he go absolutely fucked up in seconds from something never before seen in the octagon. No-one saw that coming. Breaking someones face up with shoulder strikes? Hall of famer gonna tarnish his legacy like that? Get the boat.

As for control and non contest? It's elite level competition, the margins are razor fucking thin.
                                                          spend a little time actually learning about what you are looking at

I'm not a huge fan of McGregors actions outside the ring. He became a parody of his own persona but you cannot deny he is a once in a lifetime talent in the MMA world.
                                                          People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                            Nah, Jorge and maybe Nate III is all he is doing at WW.
                                                            It's a grapple heavy division with lads that would dwarf him and cut a ton before weigh in.

Usman out injured as well points to a BMF fight as the WW option
                                                            yeah sounds about right. earliest Nurmagomedov fight could be is august september, which gives him time for a fight in between

Comment

I'm not a huge fan of McGregors actions outside the ring. He became a parody of his own persona but you cannot deny he is a once in a lifetime talent in the MMA world.
                                                              Once in a lifetime talent? Far from an expert but that's not closed to true. Once in a lifetime hype maybe
                                                              airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                                Once in a lifetime talent? Far from an expert but that's not closed to true. Once in a lifetime hype maybe
                                                                His in ring performances alone are hall of fame tier.
                                                                He ran through the fw division. Sparked the GOAT fw in 13 seconds. Made the lw champ look like an amateur.
                                                                Look, I get people don't like him but denying his talent and performances is just salty.
                                                                Last edited by DeadParrot; 20-01-20, 13:11.

Comment

Comment

I don't think he's a once in a lifetime talent as an overall MMA talent but I think that's probably a fair title as a striker.
                                                                    I think he has too many holes in his ground game tbh. The all time great from a hype perspective is definitely true but tbf he is an elite fighter, beating top class fighters across 3 weight classes in UFC between 145-170lbs which is bigger than going from Welterweight to Super Middleweight(4 weight classes) 147-168lbs in boxing.

Like DP, I don't like him on a personal level but he certainly has achieved quite a lot in his field.

Comment

Bit of a glass chin imo.

Comment

Making this dish by two excessively excited dudes for dinner. Looks class.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aP6eXpwIths
                                                                        Made it last week, pretty tasty to be fair.The two are unbearable though.

Comment

His in ring performances along are hall of fame tier.
                                                                          He ran through the fw division. Sparked the GOAT fw in 13 seconds. Made the lw champ look like an amateur.
                                                                          Look, I get people don't like him but denying his talent and performances is just salty.
                                                                          he really didn't run through the FW division. 2-3 decent oppositions, not much more.

and then only 2 fights at LW , won one lost one.

he's definitely more hype than hall of famer

Comment

His in ring performances alone are hall of fame tier.
                                                                            I don't deny he's talented. But he's not close to once in a lifetime, there's many more in our lifetime as good or better.

Aldo being an idiot and leaving himself open doesn't make McGregor a once in a lifetime talent. It was lucky for McGregor let's be honest. 5 rounds with Diaz is worth more to him as far as rating him as a fighter.

He's a good mma fighter, who has been hyped very well.
                                                                            airport, lol

Comment

I made a chickpea, spinach and tomata curry last night - damn tasty! To be fair all those curries are similar in composition and easy to make, so it was hard to go wrong.

Comment

They really dont want anyone staying......

Comment

he really didn't run through the FW division. 2-3 decent oppositions, not much more.

and then only 2 fights at LW , won one lost one.

he's definitely more hype than hall of famer
                                                                                  I don't deny he's talented. But he's not close to once in a lifetime, there's many more in our lifetime as good or better.

Aldo being an idiot and leaving himself open doesn't make McGregor a once in a lifetime talent. It was lucky for McGregor let's be honest. 5 rounds with Diaz is worth more to him as far as rating him as a fighter.

He's a good mma fighter, who has been hyped very well.

Ok lads. He was lucky and fought nobodies.

Originally posted by Murdrum View Post
                                                                                  I don't think he's a once in a lifetime talent as an overall MMA talent but I think that's probably a fair title as a striker.
                                                                                  I think he has too many holes in his ground game tbh. The all time great from a hype perspective is definitely true but tbf he is an elite fighter, beating top class fighters across 3 weight classes in UFC between 145-170lbs which is bigger than going from Welterweight to Super Middleweight(4 weight classes) 147-168lbs in boxing.

Like DP, I don't like him on a personal level but he certainly has achieved quite a lot in his field.
                                                                                  Bar the Khabib fight, where he was against arguably the greatest grappler in MMA at the moment I don't see this.
                                                                                  If anything his BJJ is underrated.

Comment

.
                                                                                    definitely not saying that. he's an awesome fighter who's had some good fights, but his fight record isn't that incredible tbh.

Comment

Bar the Khabib fight, where he was against arguably the greatest grappler in MMA at the moment I don't see this.
                                                                                      If anything his BJJ is underrated.
                                                                                      I think the idea that he was simply lucky with Aldo is obviously ridiculous and I think having beaten elite opponents like Aldo, Alvarez, Mendes, Holloway and Cerrone, it's a tad unfair to call his record unimpressive.

That said, I think anyone who has only won once via submission yet lost 4/4 via submission can't claim to have an underrated ground game, it's quite clearly a weakness whether in relative or absolute terms.

Comment

I'm not a huge fan of McGregors actions outside the ring.
                                                                                        Just a bit of a fan of his behaviour then

Comment

definitely not saying that. he's an awesome fighter who's had some good fights, but his fight record isn't that incredible tbh.
                                                                                          But how many fighters have great records? The best ever and that's about it (Jones, Silva, GSP). Khabib is 28-0 but who's his best win against? Looking at his record it's likely McGregor, followed by Dos Anjos and Poirier, he hasn't ran through a list of top 5 fighters, ex champs or future champs.
                                                                                          Last edited by Charlie Sheen; 20-01-20, 15:57.

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie Sheen View Post
                                                                                            But how many fighters have great records? The best ever and that's about it (Jones, Silva, GSP). Khabib is 28-0 but who's his best win against? Looking at his record it's likely McGregor, followed by Dos Anjos and Poirier, he hasn't ran through a list of top 5 fighters, ex champs or future champs.
                                                                                            ah come on! he's 12-0 in the lightweight division. he's beaten everyone there! much more impressive record at LW than conor at Fw ffs!

Comment

Making this dish by two excessively excited dudes for dinner. Looks class.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aP6eXpwIths
                                                                                              All their five minute dinners series is great, 48 recipes there.

Comment

ah come on! he's 12-0 in the lightweight division. he's beaten everyone there! much more impressive record at LW than conor at Fw ffs!
                                                                                                Poirier, Barboza, Dos Anjos and McGregor the stand outs at LW, the rest on his record are journeymen. He beat Al Iaquinta to win the thing, if McGregor did that he'd be abused for doing it. His best win is McGregor.

McGregor's FW run includes, Holloway, Poirier, Mendes and Aldo. Is Khabib's top opponents that much more impressive?

Comment

Poirier, Barboza, Dos Anjos and McGregor the stand outs at LW, the rest on his record are journeymen. He beat Al Iaquinta to win the thing, if McGregor did that he'd be abused for doing it. His best win is McGregor.

McGregor's FW run includes, Holloway, Poirier, Mendes and Aldo. Is Khabib's top opponents that much more impressive?
                                                                                                  Poirier wasn't that hot at FW tbh, Mendes was a late replacement and was completely gassed after 1 round, Both really not that impressive.and Cerrone is well past his prime (he's lost 7 of his last 11)

we'll have to agree to disagree tbh.

Comment

Before the Aldo fight he can be seen going over and over the footwork and shot he used against Aldo. He absolutely ruined him.

He clowned Poirier. He was comfortably beating Holloway, lost a leg and wrestle fucked him to see out the victory. Mendes was absolutely fit and ready for their fight, he kicked the air out of him and waited til he tired and finished him despite Mendes dirty tricks. Was lucky enough that it went his way.

Mcgregor destroyed featherweight, was never boring and always showed up. His FW run along with what he's done after makes him one of the best to ever do it. It's pretty simple. No amount of blind hate can change that.

He is also a champion scumbag.

Comment

Anyone here read Shatter's book?

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
                                                                                                      Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Poirier wasn't that hot at FW tbh, Mendes was a late replacement and was completely gassed after 1 round, Both really not that impressive.and Cerrone is well past his prime (he's lost 7 of his last 11)

we'll have to agree to disagree tbh.
                                                                                                        Poirier was a top 5 FW at the time so no mug. Mendes was a late replacement but he was still seen as the second best FW behind Aldo. The Cerrone fight was a perfect fight with McGregor, average striker who starts slow and doesn't take punishment well. The same way Khabib beating the likes of Iaquinta, Johnson, Horcher, Healy isn't that impressive either (keep going back and his opponents get worse).

McGregor's record is very good at 12-2 in the UFC, 7-0 run in FW and is behind Khabib's record but it's not a million miles behind Khabib's at 12-0. Both guys have about 4/5 very good wins in their record against top level guys, the rest is full of journeymen/past it fighters. Khabib hasn't lost yet and beat McGregor so is obviously better but the gap isn't huge. And losing to Nate Diaz is a black mark on the record.

If you think they are miles apart we will have to agree to disagree.
                                                                                                        Last edited by Charlie Sheen; 20-01-20, 17:32.

Comment

Poirier was a top 5 FW at the time so no mug. Mendes was a late replacement but he was still seen as the second best FW behind Aldo. The Cerrone fight was a perfect fight with McGregor, average striker who starts slow and doesn't take punishment well. The same way Khabib beating the likes of Iaquinta, Johnson, Horcher, Healy isn't that impressive either (keep going back and his opponents get worse).

McGregor's record is very good at 12-2 in the UFC, 7-0 run in FW and is behind Khabib's record but it's not a million miles behind Khabib's at 12-0. Both guys have about 4/5 very good wins in their record against top level guys, the rest is full of journeymen/past it fighters. Khabib hasn't lost yet and beat McGregor so is obviously better but the gap isn't huge. And losing to Nate Diaz is a black mark on the record.

If you think they are miles apart we will have to agree to disagree.
                                                                                                          so if you prefer, neither record is worth writing home about. long way to go before they're considered impressive

Comment

...

Comment

Nah I'm not saying that at all. Great fighter for sure.

But a once in a lifetime talent in mma is saying he's the best that ever was, I don't think that's true.
                                                                                                              airport, lol

Comment

Why are VM only having the FF and FG. Much as I hate em why arent SF and Lab.

Comment

There is so much wrong with this, I don't know where to start.
                                                                                                                  The Cowboy took a dive is just the latest in a long line of "McGregor won so it was rigged" conspiracies.

Did you see it?
                                                                                                                  Look at his face, he go absolutely fucked up in seconds from something never before seen in the octagon. No-one saw that coming. Breaking someones face up with shoulder strikes? Hall of famer gonna tarnish his legacy like that? Get the boat.

As for control and non contest? It's elite level competition, the margins are razor fucking thin.
                                                                                                                  spend a little time actually learning about what you are looking at

This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                                                                                  All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                                                                  The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Banjaxed. Montpellier is a lovely spot and very welcoming to idiots.
                                                                                                                    "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Harris absolutely dusting Donnelly and that rough Shinner on CB. Wouldn't fancy taking him on.

Comment

Originally posted by Silver-Tiger View Post
                                                                                                                        Harris absolutely dusting Donnelly and that rough Shinner on CB. Wouldn't fancy taking him on.
                                                                                                                        Lots of meaty youn FG and young FF heads in that audience
                                                                                                                        Proud to say I don’t know anyone who has ever been in a prime time or Claire Byrne show audience

Also fk me that Laurence question time twat, what a gimp

Comment

Originally posted by Silver-Tiger View Post
                                                                                                                          He's made Donnelly look as weak, cynical and pisspoor as he is.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X