Practice what you preach to become gangsta

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bubbleking View Post
    going for the perfect week regarding diet and training to see how I get on - need to keep updating this or I'll stray from the task (having a completely perfect week is tough)

Monday

Gym

Bike 10 min warm up

Dips
    BW 3 x 5

Deadlift
    5x 60
    5x80
    3 x 110
    2 x 140
    form didnt feel right so stopped for today - hate deadlifts can never get my form right

lat pulldowns
    3 x 6 x 70kg

core work - planks, bridge etc

Food

breakfast
    2 oatcakes with peanut butter and 2 hard boiled eggs (eaten after gym)

Lunch
    tuna salad (no salad dressing just tomatoes, peppers, onion, lettuce, chickpeas and kidney beans - with a tin of tuna.)

Dinner
    300g pork chop with one baked potato and some broccoli.

dont think I eat enough for dinner I might boil an egg or something around 8 to keep me ticking over
    How many calories would that be about?

Comment

Originally posted by CheckRaise View Post
      How many calories would that be about?
      just shy of 1500 I think but I didnt measure exactly so margin for error is 1300 - 1700

Comment

Perfect week day 2

Tuesday

A few DOMS in the lower back from the deadlifts but nothing too serious

Gym

Football training tonight - expecting it to be difficult

Food

breakfast
        40g porridge and 1 scoop of natural yogurt - 300 cals

Lunch
        Sirloin steak (7lb) with the fat removed onions, mushrooms, 2 boiled eggs and 2 pieces of brown bread - 900 cals

Dinner
        Sirloin steak (6lb) with fat removed. 1 baked potato, broccoli
        Last edited by Bubbleking; 21-02-12, 18:29. Reason: put in dinner

Comment

Do you have access to a sauna and plunge pool? I suffer from injuries but since I started using them at the end of the session things have not been nearly as bad. Only started using it after my hammy got really tight and it got me back in the gym in three days. Since then I use if after every session and I've not had any problems. I go straight into the sauna for 15 minutes after the gym and then plunge pool for 30 seconds.
          'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

Originally posted by eagle eye View Post
            Do you have access to a sauna and plunge pool? I suffer from injuries but since I started using them at the end of the session things have not been nearly as bad. Only started using it after my hammy got really tight and it got me back in the gym in three days. Since then I use if after every session and I've not had any problems. I go straight into the sauna for 15 minutes after the gym and then plunge pool for 30 seconds.
            I dont have either unfortunately. I think its just harder to recover because Im eating less - a combination of more sleep and upping the protein should fix that (might have to start taking protein post workout if it isnt too calorie dense)

Comment

Perfect week day 3

Training was so hard last night - a personal highlight being the 50 burpees in 2 mins. fun times. Getting fitter though so it gets easier with every session

Wednesday

Gym

Bike 10 min warm up

Squats
              5 x 70
              5 x 90
              5 x 100
              5 x 100

Deadlift
              5 x 70
              5 x 90
              5 x 100
              5 x 115

Hang cleans
              5 x 50
              5 x 50
              5 x 50

Food

breakfast
              2 oatcakes with peanut butter and 2 hard boiled eggs (eaten after gym)

Lunch
              tuna salad (no salad dressing just tomatoes, peppers, onion, lettuce, chickpeas and kidney beans - with a tin of tuna.)

Dinner
              I have a chicken curry at home with some salad and kidney beans as well as a half cupfull of rice - I know booo carbs but I need them for recovery.

Comment

Day 4

Thursday

Gym

Having a rest day today to try and recover for a hard day of training tomorrow - recovery between sessions is slower because Im in such a deficit. Don't mind taking a day off though Im just listening to my body

Food

breakfast
                Missed it this morning because I was late getting up and had lectures until lunch

Lunch
                ham salad (no salad dressing just tomatoes, peppers, onion, lettuce, chickpeas and kidney beans - with a couple of slices of ham.) cup of tea with a drop of skimmed milk.

Dinner
                chicken stirfry with a small bit of noodles and some peanut butter (nom nom protein)
                Last edited by Bubbleking; 24-02-12, 12:00.

Comment

Day 5

I have to weigh myself and take measurements at some stage today to se how Im geting on

Friday

Gym

Bike 5 min warm up

Squats
                  5 x 70
                  5 x 90
                  5 x 100
                  5 x 110
                  3 x 130
                  8 x 100

Bench
                  5 x 40
                  5 x 50
                  5 x 60
                  5 x 70
                  3 x 80 - needed a little bit of help with the 2nd one and a lot with the last one
                  8 x 60

Negative wide grip chin ups
                  BW x 5 x 3

Food

breakfast
                  Wholemeal scone with some peanut butter

Lunch

Dinner

Last edited by Bubbleking; 24-02-12, 12:25.

Comment

Pure laziness stops me updating this every day. just an update

Weight is down to 94kg (14st 11) after the perfect week. Had a game on Sunday (GAA) and played very well imho. Im moving quite well at the moment which is encouraging because it makes me excited for what I can do when I get down to 13 stone. On the down side its probably cost me my starting place on the AF - Im just too light to be playing MLB (although Im still on the depth chart for OL - lemme here you say cut blocking like a mo fo)

Havnt had a chance to take other measurements yet because I lost my tape but I hope Im down a bit around the midsection anyway (im using the last hole of my belt so I must be down something)

Training with football last night but apart from that I havnt been in the gym yet this week - partly down to being lazy partly because I needed a break.

Will try and keep better update in fututre

Comment

Can't believe its nearly been 3 years since I updated this (well 2.5 but close enough). Been some up's and downs but to cut a long story short I kinda gave up any hope of playing sport at a decent level once I hit 25. Went traveling for a few summers, made lots of bad choices (and enjoyed making them to be fair) and got fat. Really fucking fat. Man I loved it all; pints, takeaways, baked goods, random snacks and replaced any kind of gym work with sitting at a desk or at my computer. Topped the scales on the 4th of December last year at a very resounding 106kg (the guts of 17 stone). Have pictures of me sporting a divine pair of man breasts will post them on the 4th of December this year.

Fast forward 10 months and I'm back down to a more respectable 86kg (13.5 stone). I figured that if I wanted a career in health then I better look the part before I could convince anyone to change. Giving real thought to going into the area of endocrinology with a special focus on diabetes. I feel that if I show people how I once was and how I changed they are more likely to listen to me.

Anyway the plan is to keep doing what Im doing until I get to 78kg which I hope to do for the 4th of December this year so I can compare pictures side by side. DOnt really have any other goals beyond that so I will re-evaluate when I get there

Comment

Good work, keep it up. Don't be putting tremendous pressure on yourself. I read the whole thread now and you are yoyo-ing. You have to realize what you do is a lifestyle choice, not a lose weight regime/diet. I may be eating a share size pack of crisps here, but that doesn't mean i haven't lost weight in the last few months (10kg), don't be too strict with yourself. Stick with something sustainable anyway. I'm losing weight too, will check in later on with ye
                        Last edited by Tar.Aldarion; 29-09-14, 18:12.

Comment

Minimum grade 2 tear of the hammy which is hella anoying because I was really enjoying playing rugby. Im a bit concerned because I cant feel the tendon where the pain is so hoping its not worse than I originally thought.

On the bright side sitting at 85.5kg (about 19% BF) and genuinely was in great nick until I got injured. Obv the main goal is now to rehab as best as I can and try and hold onto as much fitness as possible even if that means going for walks if thats all I can do.

Im fine today but im very aware that I will be experiencing some depression like symptoms in the next few days with the removal of the natural endorphin's from lack of exercise. I think once I expect it and give myself another goal to work towards it shouldn't be too bad

im a bit embarrassed because my leg was so sore I needed help from an elderly lady to get up the steps to my apartment sorry i know im rambling a bit just wanted to air it out instead of handling it in a more destructive way

Comment

Just got off the crutches over the weekend so its good to be back walking around again. Weight and BF have stayed reasonably stable and Im just chilling at the moment. Due to go for an MRI during the week to assess how badly damaged my leg is. Ive started doing light rehab work such as stretching and isometric strength exercises so hopefully I can get back jogging at least in the next week or so

Comment

Had an MRI on Friday and thankfully got good news. Small tear in the tendon but I'll be back sooner than anticipated. Gonna go back running (jogging this week) and try and build back up my fitness. After 3 weeks the first few sessions will be a struggle

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbleking View Post
                                Had an MRI on Friday and thankfully got good news. Small tear in the tendon but I'll be back sooner than anticipated. Gonna go back running (jogging this week) and try and build back up my fitness. After 3 weeks the first few sessions will be a struggle
                                That sounds a lot better than grade2 tear.
                                What are your options/plans for strength training? Smash upper body while leg recovers imo.

Comment

6 weeks since the injury and Im going back training with the team tonight. Hopefully everything has healed up but I will be taking it very easy for the first few sessions back. Kept up the fitness to a reasonable degree I think. Ran a 5k during the week "run in the dark" and clocked an official chip time of 25.14. to be fair at match fitness and no traffic I can probably do it in 22-23 mins I would guess. Found it really enjoyable so might sign up for a park run or something soon.

nothing else to report really just tipping along

Comment

I keep forgetting I should update this more than once every 3 months

Not injured any more which is nice. Getting to the gym most days of the week and just working it around football so making good progress. Few stats I suppose;

Age 27
                                    Height 5' 10
                                    Weight 84kg
                                    Waist 33'
                                    Body fat 15%

Bench 190
                                    Squat 285
                                    Deadlift 330
                                    OHP 110
                                    5k run 22.30
                                    1k run 3.35

The 1k run time was taken about 2 months ago so I expect the next time I test that it will be at least 15-20 seconds faster. Sub 3 minutes is the dream. steadily working my way towards a sub 20 min 5km time.

In terms of the lifts I really really want to hit 220 on the bench. Not really too worried about the others once they are going up to some degree. Cutting pretty hard at the moment so just maintaining them is fine but some still seem to be going up which is fine by me.

other goals are a sub 10% bodyfat @80kg so will prob be looking to June/July for achieving this. Think I will wait until then to post pictures as it will be the greatest difference between that and my 105kg morbidly obese self :P

Comment

Working...
                                    X