Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
    I just find him highly entertaining, it's not like I go around wearing MAGA hats in the pub like SP.

I must give that back to you actually RD3!

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post

I must give that back to you actually RD3!
      ah it suits you better!
      "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
        31 posts today P+F so far. Were you happy with each one?

Comment

Oh we're on holidays in that Yelloh Parc place from 3rd to 11th Aug.
          green light to stay somewhere nicer
          "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Terrible things happening in the world today guys. Well everyday...but Manchester is close. Feels close. I feel sad. The police have named him.
            23 Salman Abedi

His family are libyan. His father is anti ISIS and very outspokenly anti jihadi.

People around him said recently he had been acting odd and chanting prayers on the street developing an aggressive attitude and being withdrawn.

Mohammed Saeed, the imam of Didsbury Mosque and Islamic Centre, said Salman Abedi had looked at him “with hate” after he gave a sermon criticising Isis and Ansar al-Sharia in Libya“Salman showed me a face of hate after that sermon,” he said. “He was showing me hatred.”

Saeed said a friend was so worried that he got his adult children to sit beside Salman Amedi in case he attacked the imam..
            Showing disrespect to an imam is not done ..it's just not.

From these reports it actually appears his muslin community actively tried to make sure their followers including Abedi were not radicalized. It sounds like he was ill.

So many people will not get their children back now. RIP. Prayers...there are no words really are there...
            Last edited by Guest; 23-05-17, 20:06.

Comment

"Showing disrespect to an imam is not done ..it's just not. "

da fuck

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                "Showing disrespect to an imam is not done ..it's just not. "

da fuck
                In the Muslim community.It's not. It's highly unusual. That is what i mean.

They are shown huge respect. For a Muslim of a mosque to show disrespect is very odd. It's haraam ...you stand at the saying out loud of the title imam in a religious assembly as a muslim

For Sunni's they are like priests ..for the Shia they are appointed by god ..so yeah it's odd for a muslim to act like that toward an Imam.

His neighbours say they knew he was acting odd and chanting on the street for weeks. But no one reported it.
                Last edited by Guest; 23-05-17, 20:37.

Comment

BBC's Daniel Sandford reveals information we know so far about the suspected Manchester momber Salman Abedi.Please subscribe HERE http://bit.ly/1rbfUogWorld ...

Youngest Victim is 8.

Comment

The leftovers.

SPOILER
                    Wow, Nora is devastated. So sad. Cracking performance by the actor playing her.

Kevins dad is a as mad as a bag of puppies.
                    This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                      This too shall pass.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                          Think you misread my post.

Comment

The leftovers.

SPOILER
                            Wow, Nora is devastated. So sad. Cracking performance by the actor playing her.

Kevins dad is a as mad as a bag of puppies.
                            Max Richter is the real star of the show, the soundtrack over the pre credits scene with Laurie was amazing.

Am I right in guessing that her patient was the woman from the opening scene of series 1?
                            Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by RichieM View Post
                              i can live with increased surveillance both online and in camera form, would be happy to have the entire population provide DNA and fingerprints and overall surrender some of my civil liberties and rights to privacy to reduce terrorism threats and general crime levels.
                              this is such insanely short sighted logic, I have trouble believing it is serious
                              People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                              Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                              https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by PeaceandFire View Post
                                Terrible things happening in the world today guys. Well everyday...but Manchester is close. Feels close. I feel sad. The police have named him.
                                23 Salman Abedi

His family are libyan. His father is anti ISIS and very outspokenly anti jihadi.

People around him said recently he had been acting odd and chanting prayers on the street developing an aggressive attitude and being withdrawn.

Showing disrespect to an imam is not done ..it's just not.

From these reports it actually appears his muslin community actively tried to make sure their followers including Abedi were not radicalized. It sounds like he was ill.

So many people will not get their children back now. RIP. Prayers...there are no words really are there...
                                That makes him easier to radicalize. Maybe he was already ill, maybe the radicalization made him act ill. Either way, whoever is brainwashing home grown young men into blowing up kids have a lot to answer for.

A mate of mine worked for a british telecoms company in Saudi in the 80's-90's.
                                He was called out to a mosque to fix a problem and when he got there it was packed with worshipers. He was pointed to where the problem was and to get to it he had to step over a praying imam. The place went into an uproar with people trying to attack him, he barricaded himself into a back room and eventually the religious police came and arrested him. The only reason he wasn't charged was because the telecoms company went out on a limb and threatened to pull all their staff out, after a lot of negotiation he was sent home for a couple of months until it all died down.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                  Max Richter is the real star of the show, the soundtrack over the pre credits scene with Laurie was amazing.

Am I right in guessing that her patient was the woman from the opening scene of series 1?
                                  Wow, good spot, just rewatched the very first scene again. What a show. Only 2 more i think.
                                  This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by gorrrr72 View Post
                                    That makes him easier to radicalize. Maybe he was already ill, maybe the radicalization made him act ill. Either way, whoever is brainwashing home grown young men into blowing up kids have a lot to answer for.

A mate of mine worked for a british telecoms company in Saudi in the 80's-90's.
                                    He was called out to a mosque to fix a problem and when he got there it was packed with worshipers. He was pointed to where the problem was and to get to it he had to step over a praying imam. The place went into an uproar with people trying to attack him, he barricaded himself into a back room and eventually the religious police came and arrested him. The only reason he wasn't charged was because the telecoms company went out on a limb and threatened to pull all their staff out, after a lot of negotiation he was sent home for a couple of months until it all died down.
                                    The chance of a non Muslim being allowed into a Mosque during prayer time is highly unlikely.

Id say he was caught doing the man sex and made a story up.
                                    This too shall pass.

Comment

The chance of a non Muslim being allowed into a Mosque during prayer time is highly unlikely.

Id say he was caught doing the man sex and made a story up.
                                      Hahahaha, you're probably right.

Comment

Probably in bad taste, but Ian Brady dying last week reminded me of this tune. And then the Manchester reference

Last edited by ComradeCollie; 23-05-17, 22:50.
                                        Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Comment

Does anyone think the Muslim retardation will hit us?

Comment

Originally posted by CHDog View Post
                                              It's inevitable.

Comment

No. We are a divided society with extremists. When we finally agree that we are a multinational society accepting diversity and acceptance of cultures and have politics and politicians reflecting this only then we will become a target.

Comment

Originally posted by PeaceandFire View Post
                                                  They are shown huge respect. For a Muslim of a mosque to show disrespect is very odd. It's haraam ...you stand at the saying out loud of the title imam in a religious assembly as a muslim
                                                  I think you are confusing something that shouldn't happen with something that doesn't happen.

Muslims shouldn't disrespect Imams. But an Imam in Australia recent went into hiding because he encouraged Australian muslims to prioritize Australian law over sharia law. He was criticized heavily as a fake muslim for that view.

Saying the disrespect is haraam means nothing. alcohol and pork is harram, I know muslims who enjoy both.
                                                  Most significantly, murder is haraam. Explosive attacks against innocent people are haraam.

This Manchester bomber is an extremist. Not an impossible phenomenon.

Comment

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

That's amazing.

Comment

Comment

The Irish were the retarded ones for decades, it was our community that partook in the deliberate targeting of children and families all over England.

The worst of these campaigns were planned and executed on the orders of Gerry Adams and his cronies. Year in year out atrocity after atrocity was condoned, supported and financed by ordinary SF/IRA voters our true believers in the false prophets of nationalism.

Comment

Originally posted by elbows View Post

Comment

The Irish were the retarded ones for decades, it was our community that partook in the deliberate targeting of children and families all over England.

The worst of these campaigns were planned and executed on the orders of Gerry Adams and his cronies. Year in year out atrocity after atrocity was condoned, supported and financed by ordinary SF/IRA voters our true believers in the false prophets of nationalism.
                                                                Question answered like a true politician.

Comment

went for no overall majority at 9/1. Probably putting a bit too much hope in the British electorate. Presumably they will double-down on May, given her policies of racism towards, and bombing of, brown people is working out so well.
                                                                  Kind of unlikely I'd have thought - she'd have to lose seats 7+ seats for that to happen and I haven't seen any suggestions that that's a runner. Would have helped if the Liberals were stronger and pushing the Tories in the posher shires, but they seem to have gained no traction at all.
                                                                  Lot can happen in two weeks I guess. JezWeCan.

Be interesting to see the next set of polls, Labour probably has to close the gap to around 7/8% across the board soon.

Comment

After watching 13 Reasons why I checked to see what was said here about it. Tara made a comment just I think. Only got to episode 7?

I found it interesting and scary. This is a horrible world our children will be growing up in. I mean with social media and the likes. How things can be taken out of context, pictures and stories spread faster than ever before.
                                                                    I worry about my own teens, especially my daughter who was 16 in January.

I think it kind of highlighted to parents about these struggles and posssibly things to look out for with our kids.
                                                                    The schools in Letterkenny are showing this program to students and I think they should all see it. I don't think it would hurt for parents to watch it either as it does ring a few bells and make you think.

I know 95% of you wont agree on it, without watching it as well lol.

Comment

My wife and I watched 13 Reasons Why - I can see reasons for parents and teachers to watch it, but by the end I felt it glorified suicide somewhat (think of all the positive attention she was getting, which she missed out on while alive, etc...) and I don't think that teenagers themselves should see it really.

And fuck me some of the scenes in the last episode were brutal!

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                          Kind of unlikely I'd have thought - she'd have to lose seats 7+ seats for that to happen and I haven't seen any suggestions that that's a runner. Would have helped if the Liberals were stronger and pushing the Tories in the posher shires, but they seem to have gained no traction at all.

Be interesting to see the next set of polls, Labour probably has to close the gap to around 7/8% across the board soon.
                                                                          Crazy that we find ourselves in a place, less than three years from the Tories being in a coalition government with the liberals, that two weeks out from an election anything other than a Tory landslide is a far bigger price than either Brexit or Trump was at that point in those elections

Comment

He does have a huge ability to connect with younger people and left wing abstainers, add that to the remaining core labour vote and some hard remainer tories. Get all of them to come out and put an x on the ballot in the tactically correct constituencies and Labour will probably still need a miracle.

Comment

...

Comment

Put a "cup final" bet on today. United, Chelsea, Munster and Juve. About 13/1. Hopefully provides a sweat anyway

Comment

Lib dems may have a bit of a resurgence for those who cannot vote for the big Jdizzle and also have enough sense not to want to vote for May and Brexit. I imagine that is a reasonable large section of society and just a shame that the lib dems are really quite rubbish as a whole.

Comment

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post
                                                                                    My wife and I watched 13 Reasons Why - I can see reasons for parents and teachers to watch it, but by the end I felt it glorified suicide somewhat (think of all the positive attention she was getting, which she missed out on while alive, etc...) and I don't think that teenagers themselves should see it really.

And fuck me some of the scenes in the last episode were brutal!
                                                                                    I don't agree that it glorifies suicide, I think it makes it look brutal and horrific.
                                                                                    Yeah the death scene was horrid, I couldn't look at the whole scene.

I think it is more for the kids to see the dangers of social media and their actions and where they could lead. An innocent picture can be taken out of context and suddenly you have a reputation for nothing.

Comment

...

Comment

Wow, good spot, just rewatched the very first scene again. What a show. Only 2 more i think.
                                                                                        Yea, only 8 in this series so the last one should be scheduled for the Bank Holiday weekend I suspect that the real (anti) climax will be in the next episode, I'm predicting entire episode something like the vibe of 'International Assassin' with appearances from
                                                                                        SPOILER
                                                                                        Patty and Holy Wayne
                                                                                        for the finale.

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                                                                          how much can I expect to pay an architect type guy to draw plans for garden shed/stables and entrance gates for a house?
                                                                                          Its a kind of a how long is a piece of string question with the amount of variables involved
                                                                                          BUT
                                                                                          Friend of my eldest lad is working in Dublin and does a good few of these type of nixers
                                                                                          Depending on how long a survey might take, and how detailed you want it I'd guesstimate 2k to get a set of drawings ready for and through planning Maybe a bit more if following up with a set of construction drawings.

Go into an Architect's office and you will might start with a reasonable sounding figure but even for a small job like this it will be open ended.

Comment

Yea, only 8 in this series so the last one should be scheduled for the Bank Holiday weekend I suspect that the real (anti) climax will be in the next episode, I'm predicting entire episode something like the vibe of 'International Assassin' with appearances from
                                                                                            SPOILER
                                                                                            Patty and Holy Wayne
                                                                                            for the finale.
                                                                                            SPOILER
                                                                                            Turns out they were.the ones.departed would probably be the shitest ending

People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                            Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                            https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

I know you'll jump on any chance to post your opinions but at least answer what I asked aswell. I read all of that drool for no reason. Cmon m8. We're m8s.

Comment

Yeah €2K sounds about right as a rough figure. That would be to see it right through planning. And for a job that simple they drawings should really be done to a tender/construction standard, as long as they was no specialised construct info required.
                                                                                                If planning wasn't required, price would be a bit less. But if it's going to be a stable then planning is required.

Comment

Roger Moore story . Class act

Lots of terrible news today including the sad passing of Roger Moore but this fab story is worth a read as @Mrkenshabby writes, “This truly wonderful Roger story from Marc Haynes is soothing my aching soul” Us too chap, us too. Man – welling up now! And so are other people: “They broke the mould, …

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
                                                                                                    After watching 13 Reasons why I checked to see what was said here about it. Tara made a comment just I think. Only got to episode 7?

I found it interesting and scary. This is a horrible world our children will be growing up in. I mean with social media and the likes. How things can be taken out of context, pictures and stories spread faster than ever before.
                                                                                                    I worry about my own teens, especially my daughter who was 16 in January.

I think it kind of highlighted to parents about these struggles and posssibly things to look out for with our kids.
                                                                                                    The schools in Letterkenny are showing this program to students and I think they should all see it. I don't think it would hurt for parents to watch it either as it does ring a few bells and make you think.

I know 95% of you wont agree on it, without watching it as well lol.
                                                                                                    So the important thing is that there is no real evidence or suggestion of mental illness or depression in the series.

With that in mind -

Kills herself over something that happens and has happened to teens since the beginning of time. Or at least something contextually relative.

It never shows her talking to her parents about anything that was happening.

Leaves tapes blaming people she knew.

Lets her parents find her but doesn't explain anything.

Come on.
                                                                                                    This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                                                                    All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                                                    The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

This has been asked a billion times too but -

Going rate for cash in a card for wedding? Groom is a good mate.
                                                                                                      Groom is white.
                                                                                                      This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                                                                      All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                                                      The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                                                        SPOILER
                                                                                                        Turns out they were.the ones.departed would probably be the shitest ending

I never got around to watching lost but I just found out that the finale of it was ... you guessed it 7 years ago this week

Comment

Good mate if you're 1/2 of a couple. €200-€250 imo.

Comment

Originally posted by Silver-Tiger View Post
                                                                                                            Good mate if you're 1/2 of a couple. €200-€250 imo.
                                                                                                            Jesus; gonna start turning down wedding invitations

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post
                                                                                                              This has been asked a billion times too but -

Going rate for cash in a card for wedding? Groom is a good mate.
                                                                                                              Groom is white.
                                                                                                              Its €100 if your solo or €200 if you in a couple.

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
                                                                                                                Jesus; gonna start turning down wedding invitations
                                                                                                                If your known to be scabby with the card money than this is probably not going to be an issue

Comment

Originally posted by RichieM View Post
                                                                                                                  If your known to be scabby with the card money than this is probably not going to be an issue
                                                                                                                  Speaking from bitter experience?

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
                                                                                                                    Speaking from bitter experience?
                                                                                                                    touché

Comment

Nearly June already shsssh . Won't be long now and we'll all be preparing ourselves for the Y3K bug.

Comment

Have 3 baby grey wagtail birds in the garden. Perched in a low branch. Cute and fluffy screaming for food. The mother flat out feeding them. Found two dead on grass.

Just got some mealworms and gonna see will they take from me. They are so cute. I'll try get a vid later.

My 14 yr old dog is bothering me though. How can I keep her away from them, she prob killed the two I found

http://youtu.be/5OT7XDNFd7o
                                                                                                                        Last edited by SatNav; 24-05-17, 18:20.
                                                                                                                        Her sky-ness
                                                                                                                        © 5starpool

Comment

stan james have herrera @ 33/1 for first booking, probably call it a palp later but worth a dirty £20

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X