Irish Poker Boards
Register Arcade FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Irish Poker Boards > Poker > Live Tournaments and Events > Irish Poker Festivals

Old 26-04-10, 12:02   #61
gorrrr72

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKQJ10 View Post
Sean wins, 3bet pot, all the money in on a K 10 8 9 board two clubs, sean has QJ, jason has 67c. Wp both
Another good run in a big tourney Jason blahhhhhh Tompkins. WP.
gorrrr72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-10, 12:56   #62
MisterMonkey

cheers for all well wishes, I ran pretty good on the ft for most part, rivering dara to knock him out when he could have been right back in it was sick enough, and the last hand was a complete cooler too. was also v impressed by jason and donal having not played with either before really.

how were you getting updates marc?
MisterMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-10, 12:58   #63
karpov33

I must say that if CPT want to adevetise tournies they at least should have updates and results when tourney is over
karpov33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-10, 13:39   #64
gazman59

well played jason sir.. deal done hu so its all good dont need that trophy!
gazman59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-10, 14:53   #65
Lauralashes

Quote:
Originally Posted by karpov33 View Post
I must say that if CPT want to adevetise tournies they at least should have updates and results when tourney is over
The guys were having laptop/internet trouble in the main room, only other option was downstairs lobby internet which was a slow as a wet week so not viable.

In relation to the results, it's less than 12 hours since the festival ended, the guys are more than likely still in their beds at the moment and Im sure the results will be posted as soon as they get their heads together again after a very busy weekend.
Lauralashes is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Thanks From:
Old 26-04-10, 15:03   #66
Gimmeabreak
Chief Tipster

WP Sean and Jason, and everyone else who cashed.

I can confirm that you can do Carlow to Rathgar in 40 minutes when on tilt after spazzing yourself out of the tournament on the bubble with a stupid mistake.
Gimmeabreak is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Thanks From:
Old 26-04-10, 16:18   #67
doke
But its only dollars, right?

Thanks to everyone for the kind words and wishes. Very well done to Sean and Jason, two brilliant players and great people. Sean is one of the toughest opponents I've ever played against not just in Ireland but the world, and Jason is frighteningly good. I was pretty sick after my exit but glad the chips went to a good home for once. Flush draw getting there on the river has been more or less the story of my year so far, but there's no point complaining, I ran pretty well through the tournament except for the early AA/JJ wreck until the AK/KQ hand that was the real turning point of my final table. I figured whoever won that last hand between myself and Sean was likely to chop with Jason so it was gut wrenching but that's poker. You always feel hard done by if you don't win (or chop) and others like Donal were unlucky at earlier crucial points.

Well done to all involved with organising this great value tournament. The fact that so many quality players went deep was testament to the structure.
Old 26-04-10, 17:30   #68
MisterMonkey

cheers dara, you were v unlucky twice on ft, particularly after hitting the straight on the turn; and as usual you took it very well.
Old 26-04-10, 17:34   #69
MisterMonkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gimmeabreak View Post
WP Sean and Jason, and everyone else who cashed.

I can confirm that you can do Carlow to Rathgar in 40 minutes when on tilt after spazzing yourself out of the tournament on the bubble with a stupid mistake.
Thanks Noel,
don't think it was that spewy , pretty sure you have lots of fe most of the time there... and of course the usual 3 outs as back up!
Old 26-04-10, 17:53   #70
Gimmeabreak
Chief Tipster

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterMonkey View Post
Thanks Noel,
don't think it was that spewy , pretty sure you have lots of fe most of the time there... and of course the usual 3 outs as back up!
I had the wrong customer - he had been pretty tight, even when shorthanded so when he opened 3X from EP he kinda stated his intentions of 'im raising big here just to let you know i aint folding my hand, and oh btw I hate JJ thats why i open it big and call it off'

The best I can hope for is a flip, I really hated my play againt this guy. If it was you, Marc, Jason, Donal etc then my play is fine as your opening ranges are X% wider.

I felt I had played decent poker to that point and was well angry with myself after that. I had no need to shove but I got greedy 2k + 4k + 3.2k + 12k = 21.2k and my shove was for 90k or so - its just so profitable to shove there when you get it through but there were definitely better opportunities in the pipeline than the one I choose.

When I recall my exit I will put it down to a blowup.
Gimmeabreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-10, 17:57   #71
Semibluff

i dont think its as bad as your make out noel, he may fold 99 < to you aswell as AJ, but considering customer and UTG perhaps your a little right. But dont let it get to you too much, vwp in general.

Sean too - you aggro mofo. having you or marc on my immediate right all tournie was such a killer
Semibluff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-10, 18:03   #72
Solskjaer

Having players like Marc and Sean at the table makes the game so much more enjoyable. I've only played with both infrequewntly but I like to see them at the table, of course they are better players but at least I get much more enjoyment. I don't like money obviously. Pity I couldnt make any of these games, the whole weekend wasn't available.
WP to all glad the cream rose to the top etc etc.

UL Noel. tilt driving has cost me a cheque this morning (from the IO) fecking coppers.
Solskjaer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-10, 18:20   #73
doke
But its only dollars, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterMonkey View Post
cheers dara, you were v unlucky twice on ft, particularly after hitting the straight on the turn; and as usual you took it very well.
Cheers Sean, that's poker as they say and personally it's always easier to take when it's against someone you like and admire who has done nothing wrong in the hand rather than some random donkey who's done an awful play and got lucky. Neither of us could fold our hands on that flop and it was effectively a flip at the point the money went in.
Old 26-04-10, 19:43   #74
bantee

Well played to all the lads who final tabled and cashed.
Is Sean from Galway? If so I think I was at his table too for a while and he played some great stuff.
bantee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-10, 12:55   #75
HYBRID

Thumbs up Congrats to Jason Tompkins

Congrats to Jason Tompkins on another great result this past weekend in Carlow + I hear he also to become a "sponsored Pro" by IRISH EYES, an astute move on their behalf methinks! Well done also to Sean Prenderville whose stock on the live circuit must also be moving skyward after his top class performance!!
HYBRID is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-10, 17:37   #76
gorrrr72

Quote:
Originally Posted by HYBRID View Post
Congrats to Jason Tompkins on another great result this past weekend in Carlow + I hear he also to become a "sponsored Pro" by IRISH EYES, an astute move on their behalf methinks! Well done also to Sean Prenderville whose stock on the live circuit must also be moving skyward after his top class performance!!
Very surprised he wasn't sponsored a couple of years ago. Class player. WP again Jason.
Old 27-04-10, 17:49   #77
cuterob

i'll tell Jason about this forum.. he used to post on boards but i don't know if he knows about the switchover.. WP Jason

edit* he gonna post on this site now..blog and stuff

Last edited by cuterob; 27-04-10 at 18:03.
cuterob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-10, 18:58   #78
blaaaaaaah

Cheers for the tip off rob i didnt no the poker world made the big switch lol.. start by saying congrats to sean played incredibly well and deserved the victory plus i was expecting a long hu battle lol not to be!! congrats to doke also played amazing and i was delighted i was sitting to his immediate left for the ft nothing like a good table draw! wp donal and mark aswell dam good aggressive players and im sure mark is happy i cashed big more for him on wed nite in the fitz lol.. wel done to organisers too liam and fionn done a brilliant job especially with the structure better than the IO in my eyes!!!!! Cheers for the wishes everyone much appreciated!

Check out my new blog on http://irisheyespoker.blogspot.com/ ill have it up and running very soon

Cheers

Jason
blaaaaaaah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-10, 19:32   #79
gorrrr72

Hi Jason,
It was good to see you at the Loft 170 game a couple of weeks ago. WP in the CPT grand final and I wish you all the best with Irish Eyes.

There is a blog link on Irish Poker Boards so you can bump your thread when you post a new blog. Maybe one of the mods can confirm if your blog can be linked.
Old 27-04-10, 22:57   #80
blaaaaaaah

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorrrr72 View Post
Hi Jason,
It was good to see you at the Loft 170 game a couple of weeks ago. WP in the CPT grand final and I wish you all the best with Irish Eyes.

There is a blog link on Irish Poker Boards so you can bump your thread when you post a new blog. Maybe one of the mods can confirm if your blog can be linked.
Good to no Gor ill find out of mods soon cheers for that mate! ye loft was really good game and brilliant turn out made for a good game..i just wished i hand't bluff off my big stack doh lol whoooops! Cheers Gor appreciate that and im off to a good start anyway so hopefully i trump that with a win soon!! Im sure ill see you at the loft again!!!!
blaaaaaaah is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks From:

Irish Poker Boards > Poker > Live Tournaments and Events > Irish Poker Festivals