6 Nations betting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eoghan104 View Post
    Id be all over this, I really like Ireland +6 here.

What bookies are going +6 even at 10/11?

First rule of betting. Bet with your head, not your heart

As much as id love to see Ireland win, i can't see it happening.

Comment

Originally posted by eoghan104 View Post
      Id be all over this, I really like Ireland +6 here.

What bookies are going +6 even at 10/11?
      Evens still available at bet365 and VC
      http://oddschecker.com/rugby-union/internationals/six-nations/france-v-ireland/handicaps

Comment

Rugby bets for the weekend. Looking these layed by someone

My 50 to your 300

France -5
        Italy +15
        Scotland +10

Comment

More rugby bets for the weekend. Looking these layed by someone

My 50 to your 300

HALFTIME RESULTS

Wales -5
          France -3
          England -7

Comment

Originally posted by Eddie Durkin View Post

My 50 to your 300

France -5
            Italy +15
            Scotland +10
            Booked
            Foldaramus et foldarabimus

Comment

More rugby bets for the weekend. Looking these layed by someone

My 50 to your 300

HALFTIME RESULTS

Wales -5
              France -3
              England -7
              Sure I may as well book this one too while I'm at it!
              Foldaramus et foldarabimus

Comment

I have a rugby bet for the weekend, but only one six nations game involved.

Bank at 99 with two season bets running.

5 point double England -14 in six nations and Bulls -9 in Super 14 @ 3.818.
                'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

Originally posted by TommyGunne View Post
                  Booked
                  Originally posted by TommyGunne View Post
                  Sure I may as well book this one too while I'm at it!
                  Done and done. Pretty pleased you took them all including football as it makes it alot easier to only have to deal with one person for the transactions.

Good luck

Comment

@Eddie:

Could you explain your thinking on taking Wales -5 at half time but Scotland +10 at full time?

Comment

Originally posted by jack90210 View Post
                      @Eddie:

Could you explain your thinking on taking Wales -5 at half time but Scotland +10 at full time?
                      Hey there. I done the same in the england match also if you noticed. I think wales will go all out in the first half and build a bit of a lead. Hopefully then in the 2nd half Patterson will kick scotland back into the game similar to france. Scotland dont get as much credit as they deserve imo.

Comment

Want to back england -13 at 10/11
                        Or england - 14 at 11/10.

For whatever amounts you want. just quote which price and amount

ty
                        GAA News Website

Comment

Hey there. I done the same in the england match also if you noticed. I think wales will go all out in the first half and build a bit of a lead. Hopefully then in the 2nd half Patterson will kick scotland back into the game similar to france. Scotland dont get as much credit as they deserve imo.
                          I reckon the opposite will happen. Historically, Wales run up their scores in the 2nd half. I reckon it will take a while to break down the Scots so it will be tight in the 1st half. I've gone with Wales (-5) in the 2nd half.

Comment

Go on the scots!!!

Totally destroying Wales

Comment

LOL.
                              Go Wales!!
                              just had a 50 double on Wales in running at 7/2 and Ireland 15/8.
                              Miraculous recovery from Wales, (sorry eddie)

Now, crack on the irish

Comment

Hope u used all ur luck before our battle this evening!

Comment

Originally posted by connie147 View Post
                                  LOL.
                                  Go Wales!!
                                  just had a 50 double on Wales in running at 7/2 and Ireland 15/8.
                                  Miraculous recovery from Wales, (sorry eddie)

Now, crack on the irish
                                  I had Scotland +10 so its no worries

Any longer in the game and i might have lost!

Comment

I laid France there at 1.09.
                                    'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

TG pm me your shipping details, I will send on tomorrow when i get back.

Edit: not even a sweat

Comment

Want up to 300 on England -14 at 5/6, quote to book.

Comment

Originally posted by Semibluff View Post
                                          Want to back england -13 at 10/11
                                          Or england - 14 at 11/10.

For whatever amounts you want. just quote which price and amount

ty
                                          anyone?
                                          GAA News Website

Comment

My 50 to your 300

France -5
                                            Italy +15
                                            Scotland +10
                                            Nice picks eddie

Comment

Was just wondering on how those went alright. I saw the line had gone out to 16 in the Ingerland game yesterday morning and figured a few backers/layers were goosed or made.
                                              Hey buddy, did ya get that thing I sent ya?

Comment

Ireland France and Scotland treble to win this weekend, no handicaps
                                                available as far as 4.9

Edit: anyone want to lay it for me here? my 10 to your 45?

Comment

Originally posted by emmet02 View Post
                                                  Ireland France and Scotland treble to win this weekend, no handicaps
                                                  available as far as 4.9

Edit: anyone want to lay it for me here? my 10 to your 45?
                                                  It's not available as 4.9

It's 4.5 on BF, just placed it myself

Comment

It was at 4.9 earlier in the week, not on betfair, I used oddschecker to find it...

I never got around to authorising my betfair account, so I'm out of that loop. Sports betting is not my forte (poker's not really either)

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                                      It's not available as 4.9

It's 4.5 on BF, just placed it myself
                                                      loooooooooool the odds emmet qutoted aren't available 2 days later wow.

Comment

We don't know how good/bad England are, and what will Ireland be like after getting such a thumping in Paris.
                                                        Scotland might be overrated at this stage, their collapse against Wales was monumental, Italy on the other hand seem very good defensively but you just could never have any faith in them from one game to another.

I'm going to back Wales against France with the handicap. I just don't see that Welsh team being thumped by anybody, they always keep it close but their mistakes cost them, typical of any team with a New Zealand coach.

5 points win Wales +6.5

Comment

Originally posted by eagle eye View Post
                                                          We don't know how good/bad England are, and what will Ireland be like after getting such a thumping in Paris.
                                                          Scotland might be overrated at this stage, their collapse against Wales was monumental, Italy on the other hand seem very good defensively but you just could never have any faith in them from one game to another.

I'm going to back Wales against France with the handicap. I just don't see that Welsh team being thumped by anybody, they always keep it close but their mistakes cost them, typical of any team with a New Zealand coach.

5 points win Wales +6.5
                                                          HT now, 20-0. Worst part of it is that France aren't even worth half that score. 2 intercept tries when Wales have been trying to force the game as the French defence is giving no leeway.

Can't see Wales putting 16/17 points on the board in the second half, but I would love to be wrong!

Comment

I do love being wrong!
                                                            Nice bet eagle eye

Comment

such a sick way to lose the bet - any chance of them french frogs playing to the whistle instead of handing williams the try?
                                                              GAA News Website

Comment

Scotland are going to be the the first team to firmly put Italy in its place today imo.

Comment

I'm gonna go for an Ireland 22- Engerland 10 scoreline.

Comment

Originally posted by rounders123 View Post
                                                                    Scotland are going to be the the first team to firmly put Italy in its place today imo.
                                                                    Dunno about putting them in their place. The Scots must be shattered after that smash and grab by Wales last week. Scots to win by about 4 . so the 20 to 1 handicap draw look good.

Ireland at evens off scratch is a banker .

Comment

Originally posted by rounders123 View Post
                                                                      I don't like the game at all, either way. I just think with 3 injuries in the backline and the unbelievable collapse the last day they have questions to answer. I don't think Italy are much good but they gave England some game and weren't all that bad against the Irish. The big question is are the Scottish any good?
                                                                      In fact I think both games today are just to watch as we have to see how the Irish respond to a thumping and gauge how good/bad England are.

Comment

Murphy to score the 1st try at 16 to 1. If BOD scores you get yer money back. hmmm took some of that. in Quacker Powers

Comment

At least i am getting a sweat for my Italy +4 pts

Comment

jackyback and Soskjaer, I think your bets are very sound, even if it doesn't pull through.

Italy deserve a result here, a draw may be on the cards.

Comment

#98
                                                                              Originally posted by emmet02 View Post
                                                                              jackyback and Soskjaer, I think your bets are very sound, even if it doesn't pull through.

Italy deserve a result here, a draw may be on the cards.
                                                                              could be one of those cross bar days for me, had Tevez to score 1st goal at the bridge

delighted with the result of course. Scotland are dour.

Comment

#99
                                                                                Originally posted by Solskjaer View Post
                                                                                Scotland are dour.

Aye, well put. I thought Italy were going to suffer pay back style after Wales.

Comment

Finally turned a profit in 6 nations with Italy and chickened out and went for the +2 Ireland instead of straight up

Comment

Can someone tell me a good reason why Wales +9 are not a cracking bet tomorrow? And to a slightly lesser extent England -4?

Comment

Its a hard game to call but there is every chance that the Wales pack get run over. Thats why the handicap is so high. Ryan Jones, Deniol Jones and of course Gethin Jenkins is still out.

Edit: As far as the England game goes, its just too hard to predict any outcome in that game. There are serious problems with this English side, they play a very tight game and are decent defensively but this game is set up for a drop goal expert like Dan Parks.
                                                                                      Last edited by eagle eye; 12-03-10, 11:48.

Comment

Final weekend of this

I reckon France FTW @1/5, France -10 @ 1/1 and Scotland +14 are all pretty good.

Comment

Yup I agree, sticking Italy + 18 in there myself at 8/13 too for a nice treble.

Comment

Originally posted by max_power View Post
                                                                                            Yup I agree, sticking Italy + 18 in there myself at 8/13 too for a nice treble.
                                                                                            At this rate Italy +180 would be a sweat.

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                                                                              + 42.5 points in Italy v Wales match at 5/6.
                                                                                              LOL, bit of a skin of the teeth job. No point being greedy and going way over the target.
                                                                                              Profit before people.

Comment

parks leading 9 points to 2 at half time. Substitute Sexton now tyvm.
                                                                                                I loved that bet as soon as I saw it. Prob put a mockers on it now but regardless of what happens that was waaay too big a price on Parks!
                                                                                                Profit before people.

Comment

lol, I took 2.74 and 5 mins later you could back parks at 4.4. I told Dagunman on the other end of the counch and he had 300 @ 4.1.
                                                                                                  Ship ship.

Only got him at similar to yourself. It's beyond me that somebody could lay him at 4.4. Good spot though, ty.
                                                                                                  Profit before people.

Comment

over 40.5 points @ 5/6 in the England v France match
                                                                                                    Imo terrible bet.

Comment

Posted in BBV too, but decided to bump this thread too.

For those who didn't get much on at crazy prices, or just ignored me completely. England play Italy this weekend in the 6Nations, and barring catastrophe, should put a solid enough win together against them.

Their price to win the 6Nations is ~ 123/100 on Betfair at the moment, which, considering they have to play France the following weekend, and then play a sneakily decent Scottish side, and finally come to Dublin and win to secure the competition, is mind boggling poorly priced imo.

But as we saw last weekend, the reflex of the prices to the individual matches is way OTT, England traded as low as 28/25 to win the 6N after only one game in the whole competition was played!

I expect that after the Italy game, which is the first game of this weekend too, that prices will drop to a similar level until after the France Ireland game, which has a huge effect on England's chances.

If France beat Ireland, England won't win the 6N as France will take them apart if they are still interested in the competition by the time they get to play them.

If Ireland beat France, England will beat France too, but will have to come to Dublin on the last day of the competition to try and win.

The competition is so based on individual results, and all these are so seriously intertwined, that getting as much money on Laying England after the final whistle on Saturday with a view to trading out some of the risk with individual match bets, seems like printing money to me.

Comment

the amount the price adjusts after england win should only be indicative to their match odds to win the game. The only added extra value you may get will be a small bit of "hype" if they win by a lot.

this small bit of value you may get (on a 1/33 shot winning) and hype, will be wiped out by commision

in short - i wouldnt bother
                                                                                                        GAA News Website

Comment

nice betting last week noel!!
                                                                                                          GAA News Website

Comment

I never sportsbet, this just struck me as an insanely priced bet.

Not much clue other than that! Are you saying that you may as well get on now if you're going to do this?

My thinking behind it was simple, England being evens to win a competition that they are probably the third best team in, after playing one game vs one of the weakest sides (due to injuries) is nowhere near the odds that they should be at.

Considering that the odds should shorten even further still after their inevitable win this weekend, is it worth waiting to lay them then?

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                                                                                              I never sportsbet, this just struck me as an insanely priced bet.

Not much clue other than that! Are you saying that you may as well get on now if you're going to do this?

My thinking behind it was simple, England being evens to win a competition that they are probably the third best team in, after playing one game vs one of the weakest sides (due to injuries) is nowhere near the odds that they should be at.

Considering that the odds should shorten even further still after their inevitable win this weekend, is it worth waiting to lay them then?
                                                                                                              England can match Italy in the forwards and will score plenty of tries 5 or 6 imo on saturday
                                                                                                              esp as its in Twickenham and surely then there odds will shorten.
                                                                                                              However it could well come down to points difference at the end and our shocking tally against Italy will tell
                                                                                                              we have avery poor record againest France though and Jauzion should be back and maybe V Clerc
                                                                                                              but if France beat us i think they will theyll shorten too so maybe best to get on now
                                                                                                              not punted on betfair in 3 years might give ita spin.

Comment

if you want to lay england then it would prob be best to do it after they beat italy convincingly as they will be shorter . . .

. . . Although to back up your argument that you think they are over rated and may perhaps not put italy away so easy, then you should lay them now.

I agree with SickPuppy that theyll win that game reasonably easy fwiw
                                                                                                                GAA News Website

Comment

Is anyone betting a total points under/over market for the Ireland France match?

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
                                                                                                                    Is anyone betting a total points under/over market for the Ireland France match?

Going with the under's (41) and with France -2. I cant see us beating them, France by 5 to 10 points. If it is close then a low scoring tight game seems on, maybe 20 - 14.

Dont know what to make of Scotland (-4) v wales. Lot of hype with Scotland once they beat South Africa in authum series but last year they beat Australia and then went on to lose to Italy. Wales looked shite last week but still might go with them. The over 40 points is a must.

Going with England - 19 v Italy so also have to go with over 43 points. (35 10 looks good )

Comment

Wales will be nothing like last week imo. Should beat Scotland without the handicap no problem.

Also, think the U20s game tonight is mispriced. France should be favourites for the game, as the Irish team are missing a host of players due to being called into their provincial teams / injury.

Think its worth a few €s.

Game kicking off in 20mins
                                                                                                                      Last edited by Emmet; 11-02-11, 19:07.

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                                                                                                        Wales will be nothing like last week imo. Should beat Scotland without the handicap no problem.

Also, think the U20s game tonight is mispriced. France should be favourites for the game, as the Irish team are missing a host of players due to being called into their provincial teams / injury.

Think its worth a few €s.

Game kicking off in 20mins
                                                                                                                        gonna ship the loots of france under 20s
                                                                                                                        bag of tea bags in it if i win

Comment

Keep an eye on the French 10 sickpuppy. He's going to be world class

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X