Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Iago used run the place like he was paid 100k a year to do so, lol.

Good times.

Comment

lol at Jack Grealish being a thing. He won't be a PL player like Stephen Carr, Matt Holland, Kevin Kilbane, Mark Kinsella, Gary Kelly and even Lee Carsley who earned Thomas Gravesen a move to Real Madrid were. Fuck him. Enjoy your 7 nothing caps in Wembley where nobody cares. His Da went from Irish to hello money in 3 seconds. Good riddance.

Comment

CDG has not put me on life tilt for the first time ever I came through.
        Even though security took the bottles of meerlust out of the bag and examined them very closely because the receipt had got scrunched up in the bag.

New found French efficiency or just an off day.
        Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Bbv"d myself there.

Busses arrived late, and we have been sitting on the ground for 45 mins since .
          Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Strange interview with Adams on de radio. Refused to say if he was interested in becoming Taoiseach and tied himself in knots.

Why would you vote for a large(ish) party if they don't want to govern?
            "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
              Strange interview with Adams on de radio. Refused to say if he was interested in becoming Taoiseach and tied himself in knots.

Isn't Mickey Martin much the same, when he insists he won't form a coalition with Fine Gael or Sinn Fein?
              Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Someone must rabble-rouse.

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                  Iago used run the place like he was paid 100k a year to do so, lol.

Good times.
                  Pfft!

As if I'd of done it for only €100k a year
                  Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

Comment

Originally posted by horatio1 View Post
                    @ Kayroo, Did you say on the old thread that Cluxton had a hamstring problem? I cant find anything about it.
                    He's had a mild hamstring issue since the league semi-final but nobody is talking about it. It's why he's changed his kickout style. No more hammered darts into midfield because he can't kick them hard enough so he has to float them a little more which is why every kickout past the 45 was lost to Mayo.

Dublin aren't talking about it but it's actually really obvious if you watch him run or take kickouts.
                    You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                    World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Originally posted by horatio1 View Post
                      Well done Dobby nothing like the feeling of getting one confirmed. I have plenty of feelers out so hopeful of picking one up. Panic and selling of body parts will start if I haven't got one in my hand by Monday.
                      Best of luck with it man. In the same boat myself. Starting to feel like 2013 rather than 2011. Not even a whisper of a ticket. Have to hope things loosen up a bit next week before the game and a few become available.
                      You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                      World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Any recommendations for good/high end food in Dublin on a Sunday night?

Comment

The rugby trip this season has taken an unexpected direction. Toulouse-Ulster the w/e before Xmas.

Might need a translator

Comment

I hear eddy rockets moves up to €€€ after 12.

Comment

Not bothered to write a proper review in the other thread but ate in Klaw last night and would recommend it, reasonably priced seafood in a very informal setting. Same guys behind Rock Lobster. Facebook here
                              The sport that unites Catholic, Protestant and dissenter has had its day of days. Pity anybody who can't enjoy it. Some day. Gerry Thornley 23/3/09

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                Someone must rabble-rouse.
                                Paul Murphy has that covered

Comment

For those in the know what are the chances of the pension levy being reduced/abolished in this years budget?

Comment

Narcos, been a while since a TV show as got its claws in from ep1 like this

Comment

Paul Murphy has that covered
                                      Is a guaranteed his seat next time round?

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbleking View Post
                                        For those in the know what are the chances of the pension levy being reduced/abolished in this years budget?
                                        Something close to 0%

Comment

Chicken fillet roll omnoms
                                          "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                                            Narcos, been a while since a TV show as got its claws in from ep1 like this
                                            Fairplay to Netflix they are really turning out some great shows. Bloodlines was a favorite also and looking forward to season 2. House of Cards gets somewhat mixed reviews from people but I really like it. Orange is the New black I personally dont like but my gf thinks its great so I guess hitting the target demographic on that one.

Worth the sub to keep quality programming coming

Comment

Have only watched the first episode but Narcos looks great alright. Although I've always been a huge Pablo fanboy.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                Have only watched the first episode but Narcos looks great alright. Although I've always been a huge Pablo fanboy.
                                                the two pablos is a great 30 for 30 doc also for those who haven't seen it.

Comment

Absolutely loved Narcos but am 3 eps into Mr Robot and it's not doing it for me. Worth sticking with?

Comment

Watched EP 2 of Narcos last night. Super stuff.

Q - is it one season only or does it go beyond that. Would actually like something that finishes for a change, strange as that may sound. Sick of waiting months for the next season.

Comment

Originally posted by careca View Post
                                                      Watched EP 2 of Narcos last night. Super stuff.

Q - is it one season only or does it go beyond that. Would actually like something that finishes for a change, strange as that may sound. Sick of waiting months for the next season.
                                                      Season 2 on the way.....http://variety.com/2015/digital/news...-2-1201585049/

Comment

100%.

Comment

Ah boards soccer forum.

Needs more CHD. Badly. Pretty sure I brought Keane from there to here? Did I?
                                                          Not exactly. I think I was browsing the old poker forum and found here through that. Then there was a Werewolf game on that I wanted to play and whoever was running it was being highly strung about people not posting, so I asked to be allowed in and asked you to confirm I was a good egg.

Crushed that particular game as I recall.

Comment

Lost interest in Narcos about half way. It started off pretty well and draws you in quickly but I soon found it boring and repetitive. It's the same story line over and over again. Abosolutely no insight from the show and continues along the lines of, and this happened, and that happened and then this happened . . . . yawn. I'm glad I knocked it on the head after hearing they are going to try drag another series from it.

Edit - The stupidity with which it treats the viewer also bothered me alot. The voiceover stops just short of narrating when the characters are going to the toilet. "This is Pablo pulling up to the hotel". I fucking know, you are showing it on the screen!

Opr
                                                            Last edited by Opr; 11-09-15, 11:37.

Comment

Something close to 0%
                                                              100%.
                                                              Solid polarisation

Comment

100%.
                                                                Something close to 0%
                                                                Pretty much what I thought

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

I was talking about the levy on private pensions. 2015 was the last year.

PS workers will continue to contribute a measly amount towards the inordinate cost of their gold-plated pensions. Boo hoo.

Comment

You gonna hang around Ireland for a while?
                                                                      Not going fordin like many of your your fellow graduates.

Comment

grrr
                                                                        Missed my One Plus 2 delivery

Danny, it's DHL and they need a signature
                                                                        People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                        Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                        https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                            13% (6.5% salary and 6.5% levy) on an uncertain pension that can be cut if private sector fck up and cause another crisis. It's not peanuts. (although obv you know this given that half your household is a beneficiary / victim)
                                                                            Still tho if you take early retirement and live to 100 you can easily be paying 13% for less years than you are taking a pension. I am no accountant but that makes poor sense to me.

I would suggest either raising the retirement to 85 or limiting life to 75 for all public sector employees. Whichever the Unions decide is better.

Comment

Originally posted by FeetMagic View Post
                                                                              Absolutely loved Narcos but am 3 eps into Mr Robot and it's not doing it for me. Worth sticking with?
                                                                              I really enjoyed Mr Robot. I would stick with it if I were you.

Comment

...

Comment

I remember nothing.

Stick with Mr. Robot, it's class. Proper brain food.

Comment

Was just inside an xtravision. Lol. How much would you have to hate money/yourself to spend €70 on the complete House of cards (spacey edition) box set. Or €18 on Foxcatcher DVD. Maybe it's a museum

Comment

Think there's a law that says retirement is moving towards 70 for PS. But anyhow. Most private sector peeps who have an issue with this aren't saving 13% of their pay towards a pension, and then have an issue that people who are saving have 'gold-plated' pensions aka pensions that anyone would have if they saved 13% of their pay a year.
                                                                                      Ah sure ~I was only having a laugh and I would say 30% of the working population have no pension and 40% are probs running on 5% matched pensions the company they work for offer.

That leaves 20% as either shitting themselves as they are 50 and have nothing put away so are lumping into a private pension and 10% who are smug fuckers with their fiscal responsibility.

Just guessing at the percentages obv but I guess they could be much worse than that.

Comment

Anyone any ideas about the best way for one to go about getting tickets for the 2016 Champions League final?
                                                                                        Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

BBV's favourite attention seeker gets some more attention...

Paul Murphy's arrest not political policing - GRA

More quotes here - http://www.independent.ie/irish-news...-31518762.html
                                                                                          Last edited by Emmet; 11-09-15, 13:38.

Comment

DeGea signing a new 4 year contract is quite the surprise. Good for him and United though, should get a more fitting bid in Jan/Summer.

Comment

It's all very Suarez. ManYoo becoming Liverpool

Comment

Think it's about as good as Utd could have hoped for. They've got a year to figure out their goalkeeping situation instead of having to do it with no time to spare on deadline day and can guarantee at least the same amount of cash Madrid were going to stump up come next summer

Comment

you created a new google sheet for lms#2 yet or will I work away?
                                                                                                  Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Originally posted by mdoug View Post
                                                                                                    you created a new google sheet for lms#2 yet or will I work away?
                                                                                                    I'll do it later m8. Still in bed.

Comment

13% (6.5% salary and 6.5% levy) on an uncertain pension that can be cut if private sector fck up and cause another crisis. It's not peanuts. (although obv you know this given that half your household is a beneficiary / victim)
                                                                                                      64bn in banking bubble
                                                                                                      100bn+ in public sector overspending bubble

All pensions are 'uncertain', certainly mine is.

Comment

@Emmet or any of the rugby gurus, anyone fancy filling in a prediction sheet for me for Rugby World Cup for a comp here in work? Need scores all games, all the way through. Big bonus* in it for you if I win

*Big bonus may not actually be big or may not exist at all

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                                                          grrr
                                                                                                          Missed my One Plus 2 delivery

Danny, it's DHL and they need a signature
                                                                                                          At a wedding for the weekend and it arrives an hour after I leave but luckily my Dad was in to accept the package.
                                                                                                          "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Originally posted by careca View Post
                                                                                                            @Emmet or any of the rugby gurus, anyone fancy filling in a prediction sheet for me for Rugby World Cup for a comp here in work? Need scores all games, all the way through. Big bonus* in it for you if I win

*Big bonus may not actually be big or may not exist at all
                                                                                                            I know nothing about rugby. I just ran hot for a while at coinflips

Comment

Fergie did the exact same thing with Ronaldo, just in a much more professional manner. Now we should get a hefty fee for DDG next Summer. Same as Ronaldo. Great bit of business.

Comment

Originally posted by RichieM View Post
                                                                                                                Fairplay to Netflix they are really turning out some great shows. Bloodlines was a favorite also and looking forward to season 2. House of Cards gets somewhat mixed reviews from people but I really like it. Orange is the New black I personally dont like but my gf thinks its great so I guess hitting the target demographic on that one.

And new episodes of Trailer Park Boys and Arrested Development.
                                                                                                                Netflix are sound.
                                                                                                                Originally posted by ArmaniJeans
                                                                                                                I like this heat - some proper music innit.
                                                                                                                None of the 'black disabled lesbian warbling backwards' stuff that the other players inflicted on me.

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                                                                                                                  At a wedding for the weekend and it arrives an hour after I leave but luckily my Dad was in to accept the package.
                                                                                                                  it'll be Monday night before I get to play with it
                                                                                                                  People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Originally posted by RichieM View Post

If you havent watched Daredevil you are doing yourself a disservice.
                                                                                                                    Quality tv

Comment

Originally posted by Sickpuppy View Post
                                                                                                                      You gonna hang around Ireland for a while?
                                                                                                                      Not going fordin like many of your your fellow graduates.
                                                                                                                      Haven't decided yet. Interviews aren't until next February so I'll see what I get offered and make a decision then. I like Ireland and working here for the most part is grand but it just makes too much sense to leave

Comment

Have you bought one of these yet for your cats Tara?

In this funny cat compilation by Petsami, tune in to see one of the internet's greatest sensations: Roomba Cats!!SUBSCRIBE TO PETSAMI: http://bit.ly/16JmSEQW...

Comment

Morgan bashing the Aussies about in this series.
                                                                                                                          Profit before people.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X