X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FIFA World Cup 2014 - Brazil

Probably time to get one of these up...

So far for me -

Neymar done for Top GS @ 14s (Got persuaded after a few pints - done E/W)

Looking at Kerzhakov @100s in the same market. Playing a more direct role under Capello and if he can come out of the Group (Algeria, South Korea & Belgium) with 3-4 goals he might nick another in 2nd round v Germany, or hopefully Portugal, to be a decent E/W punt at that price or to lay off.

Also interested in Ecuador to win Group E @ 9/2 and might also take some of the 5/1 about them reaching the QFs (Small enough on both)

Should be fun anyway

anyone wanna get a pool going 32 entrants each get a random team at whatever buyin ?? could prob do a low medium and high one ? $10/$50/$100 ? someone get it sorted haha

Comment

Originally posted by chips1234 View Post
      anyone wanna get a pool going 32 entrants each get a random team at whatever buyin ?? could prob do a low medium and high one ? $10/$50/$100 ? someone get it sorted haha
      Iran for ten
      X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
      Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Originally posted by chips1234 View Post

there one here but its full. you might get another one going

Comment

Originally posted by Frossach View Post
          http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...ad.php?t=19164

there one here but its full. you might get another one going
          ah didnt see that one im sure there is enough degens on here that would start another, im def not organising it though way too lazy for that shit

Comment

Run that euro competition again.. Predict top 2 from groups goal scorers etc was good craic the last time

Comment

I posted this in the other thread earlier, probably more suited here.

Ive placed a few bets. Brazil are way too short imo and this has resulted in good value elsewhere. Spain at 7/1 is huge, they should really be favourites given their squad and having won the last three major tournaments theyve contested (ignoring confed cups).

Elsewhere ive placed a few bets on teams who I dont really think are gonna win but i feel are way over priced, as dumb as that sounds.

Italy 33/1 - not the most glamorous squad but a pretty solid core of juventus defenders and pirlo and de rossi. I expect them to reach the quarters and from there anything is possible with a sturdy defence.

Portugal 33/1 - a couple weaknesses in the squad but theres the makings of a pretty good eleven. Theyve come close a few times and with ronaldo in the form of his life theyre deffo capable of winning a couple knockout ties. Like italy, i expect them to reach the quarters.

Croatia 125/1 - this one is a bit mad as i cant really see them winning and theyre in a difficult section of the draw, but i think theyre an under rated side with some real quality players. Worth a long shot punt at that price.

Also done a couple top goalscorer punts

Benzema 33?
              Dzeko 80/1
              Fred 25/1

Comment

Originally posted by LOL_CAMPBELL View Post
                Fred 25/1
                I think fred is a good shout. he will operate as the main striker in the number 9 role so in theory should get more chances. forcing neymer to the left wing. Only plays his football in Brazil but has a decent enough record. Got 5 in confederations.

I would like to be sure who is Argentinas main stiker Higuain or Aguero. I dont think they set up to play 2 up front. Easy enough group to get through and would imagine chalk up few goals along the way. Then you have resting issues if already through by last game.

Ronaldo will also score goals. Takes frees/pens so if Portugal can get a run e/w on him would be a sound bet.

Not sure about outright. Brazil are too short but big chance. Dont feel the love for spain this year. spine of xavi and iniesta has been fading for barcelona and with cesc not really stepping up. costa has not played much with spain so may not gel straight away. Germany still dont have a true goalscorer bringing klose and podolski i think so muller will prob start and ozil had bad season.
                France have a good squad but they nearly messed up qualifing against ukraine and dont see any big players, ribery and pogba will not be good enough to carry them to a world cup. The dutch team is pretty much the same it has been for last few tournaments and i think they will struggle like they did at euros. Chile might just split the dutch and spainish in the group. Id rule most of the dark horses like belgium and columbia out as I cant see them doing anything great. Looking like Brazil then
                Last edited by mugsy; 15-05-14, 18:38. Reason: .

Comment

Benzema and Muller both @ 33s

Comment

These are my punts so far. Will be topping up over the course of the month

Outright
                    Spain @ 8/1
                    France @ 25/1

Top goalscorer all E/W
                    Benzema @ 40/1
                    Dzeko @ 100/1
                    Mandzukic @ 200/1
                    Falcao @ 40/1

World Cup Final referee
                    Nishimura @ 66/1 (now 14/1)
                    Irmatov @ 100/1 (now 16/1)

Most Yellow Cards
                    Uruguay @ 12/1

Team to score the most goals
                    Netherlands @ 33/1

Lowest Scoring Group
                    Group D @ 8/1
                    Last edited by Flushdraw; 15-05-14, 23:51. Reason: Damn you Jam-Fly making me punt Falcao aswel!

Comment

Done a few Top Scorers in the ew market.

Teofilo Gutierrez 66/1

Arturo Vidal 80/1

Benzema 25/1

Very tempted to have a good crack at Diego Costa at 16s

Comment

Falcao available at 40/1 on PaddyPower while he's 25/1 in most other places.

Colombia favourites to get out of a weak group and meet Group D in the final 16 (so could be England, Italy, Costa Rica, Uruguay) who are all very beatable from Colombia's pov. So you're looking at a likely 5 games and one of the best strikers in the world. South American team with home advantage too, although I don't think that's as big a factor as some will make it.

Other bet is Benzema at 33/1 which I think is a great bet. Super weak group for France and you're guaranteed Benzema will be the out and out attacking threat (unlike teams like Argentina where there's a choice of Messi, Higuain, Aguero etc).
                        Last edited by Jam-Fly; 15-05-14, 23:41.
                        Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

Originally posted by Jam-Fly View Post

Colombia favourites to get out of a weak group and meet Group D in the final 16 (so could be England, Italy, Costa Rica, Uruguay) who are all very beatable from Colombia's pov. So you're looking at a likely 5 games and one of the best strikers in the world. South American team with home advantage too, although I don't think that's as big a factor as some will make it.
                          Actually, anyone know on this, is Falcao on penalties for Colombia? Don't suppose anyone has any good sources for finding that kinda stuff out easily?
                          Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

That's some of the similar reasoning behind Dzeko @ 100/1

They're odds on to get out the group involving Iran/Nigeria and will face the winner of a weak Group E which will probably be France. If they can somehow top their group ahead of Argentina, they will face maybe Switzerland unless there's a shock, so there's a possible 4, maybe 5 games for Dzeko.

In 6 out of the last 8 World Cups, 4 goals would have been enough to get you into the EW payouts, and with 10 goals in 10 qualifying games for Dzeko, and his great scoring form for Man City, there's no reason why he can't score enough goals to be there or thereabouts. I like Dzeko top scorer for Bosnia @ 13/8 too.

Comment

Actually, anyone know on this, is Falcao on penalties for Colombia? Don't suppose anyone has any good sources for finding that kinda stuff out easily?
                              Yeah, he scored 2 Pens in their qualifying game against Chile

Visit ESPN for soccer live scores, highlights and news from all major soccer leagues. Stream games on ESPN and play Fantasy Soccer.

Comment

Bets so far -

Uruguay to win their group @13/8

Spain outright @7/1

Player of tourney:

Pedro (Spain) @50/1
                                Costa (Spain) @40/1
                                Gotze (Ger) @33/1

Win & Top Goalscorer:

Spain/Costa @50/1
                                Spain/Ronaldo @100/1
                                Brazil/Fred @40/1
                                Argentina/Aguero @40/1

Group winner Accum:

Brazil, Spain, Colombia, Uruguay, France, Argentina, Germany, Belgium @50/1

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                  That's some of the similar reasoning behind Dzeko @ 100/1

They're odds on to get out the group involving Iran/Nigeria and will face the winner of a weak Group E which will probably be France. If they can somehow top their group ahead of Argentina, they will face maybe Switzerland unless there's a shock, so there's a possible 4, maybe 5 games for Dzeko.

In 6 out of the last 8 World Cups, 4 goals would have been enough to get you into the EW payouts, and with 10 goals in 10 qualifying games for Dzeko, and his great scoring form for Man City, there's no reason why he can't score enough goals to be there or thereabouts. I like Dzeko top scorer for Bosnia @ 13/8 too.
                                  Yeah good shout actually with Dzeko, put some on him now too.

Where is the bolded bet available? Is that Dzeko to be the top scorer on the Bosnia team like? If so, it sounds like it's printing money surely?!
                                  Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

Everyone that confident Falcao is gonna come back from that cruciate injury and be 100% fit for the demands of a WC?

Comment

Originally posted by Percy007 View Post
                                      Everyone that confident Falcao is gonna come back from that cruciate injury and be 100% fit for the demands of a WC?
                                      I was going on the basis he was included in the squad tbh. Yeah you could be right and he may not be 100%. I suppose sure, at 40/1, what's the worst that can happen!?
                                      Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

I was going on the basis he was included in the squad tbh. Yeah you could be right and he may not be 100%. I suppose sure, at 40/1, what's the worst that can happen!?
                                        The reason I ask is I took a punt on Gutierrez for Columbia, they were 2nd top scorers in qualifying and he was their next top scorer after Falcao. I like their group for goals and with doubts over Falcao I thought his price was decent.

Comment

Yeah good shout actually with Dzeko, put some on him now too.

Where is the bolded bet available? Is that Dzeko to be the top scorer on the Bosnia team like? If so, it sounds like it's printing money surely?!
                                          Yeah, top scorer for Bosnia. He's 13/8 with BetVictor and Coral and 6/4 everywhere else that's doing the market (Don't think it's on Boyles or PP)

Ibisevic is his closest challenger. He got 8 goals in 10 matches in qualifying and scored 15 goals in 26 games for a Stuttgart team that finished 4th bottom in Bundesliga this season

Comment

Colombia 33/1 EW (with half stake back if Argentina or Brazil win).

Comment

That group is tougher than it looks, Japan probably the most underrated team in the comp imo. Horrible value group to look for a top goalscorer. Greece only conceded 4 in qualies and always keep it tight, Columbia had the best defensive record in SA, quite a negative team, there's no whipping boys in the group which are the games top scorers usually come from.
                                              Profit before people.

Comment

An interesting market on bet fair is club with most goalscorers at world cup.
                                                Barcelona are favs obviously @ 5/2. with messi and neymer amongst favs in top goalscorer. The rest of barcelona bar sanchez of chile is mainly made up of the spanish lads 7 in total in squad. They bring a total players of 13 to the finals.

Chelsea at 13/2 looks like good value. They have the most players going 18. But more importantly there is a nice spread true the groups. Have a few brazilian lads in Oscar Willian Ramires Luiz. Hazzard and Lukaku for belgium. Torres though prob not a starter always gets a bit game time for spain and his record speaks for itself. Then expect eto moses lampard cahill maybe help with the final tally.

Like real too. Ronaldo Benzema Di maria big hitters in a pool of 13 players going 7/1

Basically think barcelona can be taken on. Messi and Neymer may do sfa and chelsea have a good spread to chalk up a reasonable tally of goals.

Bayern bring 16 players too with roben, ribery and mandukic amongst alot of german lads. With man city brining 13 players. Issues about starters but man city do have firepower going.
                                                Last edited by mugsy; 16-05-14, 15:15.

Comment

Originally posted by mugsy View Post
                                                  An interesting market on bet fair is club with most goalscorers at world cup.
                                                  Barcelona are favs obviously @ 5/2. with messi and neymer amongst favs in top goalscorer. The rest of barcelona bar sanchez of chile is mainly made up of the spanish lads 7 in total in squad. They bring a total players of 13 to the finals.

Chelsea at 13/2 looks like good value. They have the most players going 18. But more importantly there is a nice spread true the groups. Have a few brazilian lads in Oscar Willian Ramires Luiz. Hazzard and Lukaku for belgium. Torres though prob not a starter always gets a bit game time for spain and his record speaks for itself. Then expect eto moses lampard cahill maybe help with the final tally.

Like real too. Ronaldo Benzema Di maria big hitters in a pool of 13 players going 7/1

Basically think barcelona can be taken on. Messi and Neymer may do sfa and chelsea have a good spread to chalk up a reasonable tally of goals.

Bayern bring 16 players too with roben, ribery and mandukic amongst alot of german lads. With man city brining 13 players. Issues about starters but man city do have firepower going.
                                                  Read on Twitter earlier.....

1. Bayern Munchen - 17 Players
                                                  2. Man Utd - 16
                                                  3. Chelsea - 15
                                                  4. Juve/Napoli - 14
                                                  5. Real Madrid - 13

Haven't looked into it though

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                    Read on Twitter earlier.....

1. Bayern Munchen - 17 Players
                                                    2. Man Utd - 16
                                                    3. Chelsea - 15
                                                    4. Juve/Napoli - 14
                                                    5. Real Madrid - 13

Haven't looked into it though
                                                    Really only matters who will be getting game time and can grab some goals for this bet. Some squads are still 30 men at this stage so not finalised but currently chelsea have most players going as of now. Some are on loan so maybe thats where your '' twitter'' only says 15.

chelseas 18 players

Brazil 4 Oscar, Willian, Ramires and David Luiz
                                                    Belgium 3 Eden Hazard, Romelu Lukaku and Thiabaut Courtois
                                                    Spain 2 Azpilicueta and Torres
                                                    Nigeria 3 John Obi Mikel, Victor Moses and Kenneth Omeuro
                                                    England 2 Lampard and Cahill
                                                    Cameroon 1 Eto
                                                    Germany 1 Schurrle
                                                    Ghana 1 Christian Atsu
                                                    Holland 1 van Aanholt

Saw united had 16 going alright. over paid under achievers. Ronaldo will need bring an extra back masseuse for nani.
                                                    Last edited by mugsy; 16-05-14, 16:17.

Comment

Doesnt look like Falcao is going to make it, even if he does he will be nowhere near match fit. Best for Colombia if he doesnt make it imo. They have Bacca, Martinez and Guiterriz anyways.

My most profitable return would be Colombia winning the WC, followed by Brazil/Aguero winner/top scorer

Comment

Probably time to get one of these up...

So far for me -

Neymar done for Top GS @ 14s (Got persuaded after a few pints - done E/W)

Looking at Kerzhakov @100s in the same market. Playing a more direct role under Capello and if he can come out of the Group (Algeria, South Korea & Belgium) with 3-4 goals he might nick another in 2nd round v Germany, or hopefully Portugal, to be a decent E/W punt at that price or to lay off.

Also interested in Ecuador to win Group E @ 9/2 and might also take some of the 5/1 about them reaching the QFs (Small enough on both)

Should be fun anyway
                                                        What you backing Neymar for? He's a donkey
                                                        http://www.pokerireland.ie

Comment

Does kerzhakov still start for russia? Hed be a good punt if he does, deffo worth a bet at 100s

Comment

Does kerzhakov still start for russia? Hed be a good punt if he does, deffo worth a bet at 100s
                                                            Will be close with him and Kokorin but hopefully should be first choice.

Comment

Originally posted by rag2gar View Post
                                                              What you backing Neymar for? He's a donkey
                                                              Brazils WC challenge rests on him. He is their main man, on penos and a relatively easy group. Have him @ 14's as Brazil look set to go far

Comment

Will be close with him and Kokorin but hopefully should be first choice.
                                                                I had a look at qualifying lineups, he started every game which bodes well. Got subbed a few times though, sometimes before 60 mins which doesnt bode so well. Also have no idea if he was being deployed as the main striker though from what I could tell from the majority of lineups he was.

Comment

He is a donkey, no chance of top scorer

Comment

I think Spain at 7/1 Are good value considering their squad.

I will be backing the following in the hopes they get through the groups and their odds will shorten with the hope to lay them and make a profit.

Japan 249/1
                                                                    Bosnia 199/1
                                                                    Columbia 36/1
                                                                    Uruguay 33/1
                                                                    Holland 33/1

I will post my lays later but I think Laying England to Qualify through their group @ 5/8 Looks tasty.

SPOILER
                                                                    Also LOL @ Holland being larger odds than England to Qualify through their group

Comment

PP had 'Any Pundit to refer to Belgium as a Dark Horse' at 5/4 and it's now 4/7. Surely it's still buying money?

Comment

Has anyone ever ordered from here before - http://www.camporetro.com/

Free Name and Number if you enter FPFFT at the checkout (knocks £10 off the price). Just wondering what type of quality they are?

Comment

Anyone interested in Engerland at 100/1?
                                                                          Max bet 10e/10 pounds for new accounts with pp.

What is the likelyhood they will payout/notice if you have an old account?

Comment

Originally posted by The-Rigger View Post
                                                                            Anyone interested in Engerland at 100/1?
                                                                            Max bet 10e/10 pounds for new accounts with pp.

What is the likelyhood they will payout/notice if you have an old account?
                                                                            It doesn't really matter, you still lose a tenner either way.

Comment

#39
                                                                              It doesn't really matter, you still lose a tenner either way.
                                                                              You lack the belief. Could be laid off if they get into 10/1 for 85 quid.

Comment

#40
                                                                                You lack the belief. Could be laid off if they get into 10/1 for 85 quid.
                                                                                About the price they should be if they faced Spain, Argentina, Germany or Brazil in the final.

Comment

#41
                                                                                  Originally posted by bohsman View Post
                                                                                  About the price they should be if they faced Spain, Argentina, Germany or Brazil in the final.
                                                                                  I think you are incorrect on that.

Comment

#42
                                                                                    They'd be shorter with the bookies alright but I'd happily lay them at 10/1.

Comment

#43
                                                                                      If they get to the final, I'll take you up on that.

Comment

#44
                                                                                        Not that it's going to come up but if England face one of those 4 in the final I'll give you a tenner at 10/1 on England.

Comment

#45
                                                                                          Originally posted by bohsman View Post
                                                                                          Not that it's going to come up but if England face one of those 4 in the final I'll give you a tenner at 10/1 on England.
                                                                                          >bankwire
                                                                                          >atm
                                                                                          >titties

Comment

#46
                                                                                            I am just looking at the Top Goalscorer market and feel it is rigged in the favour of the bookies heavily, Each way top 4 1/4 odds sounds so appealing, but lets be honest, top 4 could mean 1 or 2 goals, there could be about 8 or 9 that make the "each way" qualification destroying your bet and making it a losing bet.

Comment

#47
                                                                                              PP had 'Any Pundit to refer to Belgium as a Dark Horse' at 5/4 and it's now 4/7. Surely it's still buying money?
                                                                                              Originally posted by BBC Football
                                                                                              They have not played at a major tournament since reaching the last 16 at the 2002 World Cup, but are considered one of the dark horses in Brazil after an impressive qualifying campaign.

Are all their games televised by English channels do you know?

Comment

#48
                                                                                                ...
                                                                                                "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

#49
                                                                                                  Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                                                  Interesting read here.

As result of reading it, but without knowing much else, have placed group winner bets on:

Brazil
                                                                                                  Italy
                                                                                                  Germany
                                                                                                  France
                                                                                                  Argentina
                                                                                                  Get up out of that garden ye pup ye.

Italy e/w ftw

Comment

#50
                                                                                                    On Italy EW myself and smaller bets on Chile and Colombia EW.

Comment

#51
                                                                                                      Originally posted by FeetMagic View Post
                                                                                                      On Italy EW myself and smaller bets on Chile and Colombia EW.
                                                                                                      Ha! Same.

Comment

#52
                                                                                                        Originally posted by billstraightener View Post
                                                                                                        I am just looking at the Top Goalscorer market and feel it is rigged in the favour of the bookies heavily, Each way top 4 1/4 odds sounds so appealing, but lets be honest, top 4 could mean 1 or 2 goals, there could be about 8 or 9 that make the "each way" qualification destroying your bet and making it a losing bet.
                                                                                                        Top 4 will be at least 4 goals

Comment

#53
                                                                                                          Does the each way in this case just mean reaching the final?
                                                                                                          Not convinced of the valU of backing the each way element?

Comment

#54
                                                                                                            Does the each way in this case just mean reaching the final?
                                                                                                            Not convinced of the valU of backing the each way element?
                                                                                                            E/w top 2 means half your stake is on getting to the final. Worth it if good price. I know after backing Atletico straight win at the start of the season @ 66-1 for the CL.

Comment

#56
                                                                                                              Originally posted by Warper View Post
                                                                                                              E/w top 2 means half your stake is on getting to the final. Worth it if good price. I know after backing Atletico straight win at the start of the season @ 66-1 for the CL.
                                                                                                              But you only get 5/1 on it or so forth? (in the case of italy)
                                                                                                              Would it be better to lump it on the win and sell out if they get to the final?

Comment

#57
                                                                                                                Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                                                                Interesting read here.

As result of reading it, but without knowing much else, have placed group winner bets on:

Brazil
                                                                                                                Italy
                                                                                                                Germany
                                                                                                                France
                                                                                                                Argentina
                                                                                                                Hmm, dont like this, just because they running simulations doesn't mean there probability's are good.

Shit in = Shit out

Comment

#58
                                                                                                                  But you only get 5/1 on it or so forth? (in the case of italy)
                                                                                                                  Would it be better to lump it on the win and sell out if they get to the final?
                                                                                                                  Eg Italy are 25-1.

You have 20 to bet.
                                                                                                                  Option A 20 win - get 520 back Italy win, zero if they dont
                                                                                                                  Option B 10 e/w - get 395 back if Italy win, get 135 back if they lose in final (10*(25/2))

Back them e/w

Comment

#59
                                                                                                                    Originally posted by smoothcall View Post
                                                                                                                    Hmm, dont like this, just because they running simulations doesn't mean there probability's are good.

Shit in = Shit out
                                                                                                                    'We calculate the runners up are much less likely to win'
                                                                                                                    They must have pulled an all nighter for that one.

Switzerland to be the surprise package of the tournament according to them. :P

Australia be all like:

Last edited by Lord Sir Banter; 28-05-14, 15:34.

Comment

#60

Yeah interesting read. The only thing I don't like is the historical reasoning. I'm always wary when people point to stuff that happened 50 years ago as reasons for why things may happen nowadays.
                                                                                                                      Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                      X