Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gambling Forum - General Discussion Thread - its not a rick!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i also see gimmeabreak fancies rudis trucker in the same race

Comment

Originally posted by dr.sharp View Post
      i also see gimmeabreak fancies rudis trucker in the same race
      That's what I meant. We've covered the front three between us.

I wasn't having a go, it's always good to see an informed form analysis, best of luck to you.

Comment

Originally posted by The C Kid View Post
        That's what I meant. We've covered the front three between us.

I wasn't having a go, it's always good to see an informed form analysis, best of luck to you.

my apologies i took u up wrong

Comment

Dont know if ye are interested in the guy who gives the free ratings, but he's been doing well in recent days.

Good morning,

Another superb day ysterday. COBBLER'S QUEEN landed our dutch and 20/80 in the Huntingdon 2-50, winning @ 5/1....hope you got on early. I did advise that CASUAL GARCIA was a lay and sure enough, he pulled up. Bets of £3000-£390 and £2000-£280 were left in the bookies satchels on course and I suspect the people that placed them wish they knew what you knew!

The Ratings are performing superbly right now and BALLYVEENEY, my third best in that contest, came home third @ 12/1.

ULTIMATE LIMIT somehow managed to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory in the 3-50...drives you nuts sometimes, this game.

THE SNAIL bolted up in the Musselburgh 3-10, landing our dutch and securing the profits and, whilst SEA VENTURE didn't perform as I'd expected, my second and third highest rated horses in the 3-40 came home first and third, 12/1, 10/1.

Fair to say it has been a good week thus far.

Today I will concentrate on Warwick as I'll not be working on Ffos Las for at least another 18 months, whilst I collect my stats etc relating to that track.

WARWICK 1-45

SIR PETER....+18
          THE GANGERMAN....+15
          EL BATAL....+3
          GATIEN DU TERTRE....-14
          FREDDIES RETURN....-21
          HEART SPRINGS....-35

The Daly horses are in form right now and I'll go 20/80 SIR PETER. I'll dutch my top pair and reverse an exacta, too.

WARWICK 3-30

MADE IN JAPAN....+10
          MINELLA BOYS....-7
          HELPSTON....-13
          MY FRIEND SANDY....-14
          MAGNIFICO....-27
          THEDEBOFTHEYEAR....-29

I'm again concentrating on my top pair. As MADE IN JAPAN is clear on my figures I'll play 20/80 but will also have a smaller version of that bet MINELLA BOYS. The dutch is also on and I may include HELPSTON in that and I'm laying TARATEENO.

WARWICK 4-00

MARSH COURT....+2
          JOSEAR....-8
          SILLY WUPPLE....-9
          NOUN DE LA THINTE.....-19
          MR PRICKLE....-20
          SENOR SHAnE....-25

I have yet to get NOUN DE LA THINTE right. I sometimes get horses like this one that make me look a right muppet and keep doing so but, the mare is only fourth best on my figures here. No lay but, with three "preferred" I have to play Kermit again and go 20/80 MARSH COURT, I'll dutch my top three and, if we get the front two in the market beaten, the combo exotics will pay a very decent dividend so, I'll dabble.

I have received several requests for information regarding what I do, terminology etc and, to get the low down on 20/80's, dutching and combo exotics, just visit my website http://www.facebook.com/l/eb7bf;www.postracing.net and have a look at The Idiots Guide, which describes in detail how I do what I do.

Best of luck if you are getting involved today

Kindest regards

Ron

Comment

@Gimmeabreak: Do you still stand by Rudi Trucker in Thurlas? P.J Rothwell, trainer of the winner in the first race says he takes all the beating and would be surprised if he didn't destroy the field. Value at 2.6?
            Last edited by The Situation; 28-01-10, 15:17.
            Profit before people.

Comment

Inter at 7/10 against Juventus - 5pts
              Athletico Madrid evens against Celtic Vigo - 2pts
              bank at 89pts

Comment

Just having a look at the next at Thurles. What do people think? I personally like Newmill but I'm not well up on the fav Snowy Morning.
                'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

Originally posted by eagle eye View Post
                  Just having a look at the next at Thurles. What do people think? I personally like Newmill but I'm not well up on the fav Snowy Morning.

have no investment tho i think the top one is over priced

Comment

Ship, ship, ship, backed him at 9.0 on Betfair. Wheeee
                    'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

Ship, ship, ship, backed him at 9.0 on Betfair. Wheeee

NICE

i like conna castle's run in 4th only beating what 7/8lengths giving 7lbs to horse "rated" 11lbs ahead of him, could be running into a bit of form, few slow jumps(usual enough for him lately) down the back dint help. one to watch next time.

Comment

The African Nations Cup first semi is starting very shortly between Nigeria and Ghana, I fancy over 3.5 goals and over 4.5 goals at very juicy prices.

Comment

The African Nations Cup first semi is starting very shortly between Nigeria and Ghana, I fancy over 3.5 goals and over 4.5 goals at very juicy prices.
                          Backing 0-0 with a view to laying at HT cagey affair upcoming imo.

Comment

wow

what a ride McCoy just gave a fistfullofpebbles....

Comment

01-02-03-04-05-06
                              sure thing for lotto this week!
                              Go big or go homeless.

Comment

c'mon ta fuck midshipman
                                To accumulate enduring wealth, do not lend to grasshoppers.

Comment

Aftertiming of sorts but have 100 on Ghana @ 2.70 with Boyles.

Had decent returns on my ACN bets so far so hope it continues. Egypt still winning the thing outright IMO.
                                  Hey buddy, did ya get that thing I sent ya?

Comment

Ugh, Nigeria could have 3 or 4 easily at this stage.

Comment

ghana are stubbornly holding on, will it be three 1-0 wins to get to final

Comment

LOL @ Byrnes.
                                        So the lad has been playing for pennies for months then he decides to risk 10 times his accumulated profit on the best horse the yard has. He gets a ban and they give Byrnes a cross look.

Sick that they end up with a good yoke like that.
                                        Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Semibluff View Post

Meath should be 4/5 or 4/6 faves for that game. If the info is correct on the game, ill be backing it until it hits 1/2.
                                          Went into mcleans today to get a price and they arn't releasing the odds until tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                            if Midshipman finishes outside of the top 3 here in the next then its Tesco Value noodles for a month. If he wins its Shanahans. If he places then no harm done. (yn)
                                            Very short for such a strong race and a bad draw. I like without a prayer & lovelace. Wont mind you finishing 3rd to my lads.
                                            "Quitters never win, Winners never quit."

Comment

[quote=Gimmeabreak;2992]you know he was 7/2 this morning?[/qu

nevermind u dont need reminders now..
                                              Last edited by dr.sharp; 28-01-10, 18:24.

Comment

you know he was 7/2 this morning?
                                                Nope...Best of luck...hate missing it now

Comment

Runing in the car park all the way.Sick....

Comment

You will eat like a king after Big Bucks wins the world hurdle, I've invested heavily in the hope powers pay out early like they dis with Master Minded last year, then use the profits to go in again

Comment

Originally posted by Howard_Finkel View Post
                                                      You will eat like a king after Big Bucks wins the world hurdle, I've invested heavily in the hope powers pay out early like they dis with Master Minded last year, then use the profits to go in again
                                                      They one this when tiger was clear and then got overturned by the little jap lad. Take the profits and run imo.
                                                      Any fancies for the darts tonight?
                                                      Ive invested in Llyod,Nicholson, Tabern, Jenkins & Painter in 50 accum...13/1ish

Comment

Originally posted by whyno View Post
                                                        They one this when tiger was clear and then got overturned by the little jap lad. Take the profits and run imo.
                                                        Any fancies for the darts tonight?
                                                        Ive invested in Llyod,Nicholson, Tabern, Jenkins & Painter in 50 accum...13/1ish
                                                        I don't tend to back people I despise, and in Nicholson and Painter you have two of my top ten. Also Lloyd is a choker

Comment

The odds mightnt be great, but i cant see past the treble tonight in the snooker, Williams, higgens and Selby. Should be able to get about 6/4 the treble.

Connie

Comment

I'm liking this Resplendant Ace in the next at Kempton, optimum trip, had a sharpener over 1m 1f last race, has ran many times over 10f in the race immediately before he wins. Nice price too, currently 6.5 on Betfair in 6 runner field.

Comment

Originally posted by Howard_Finkel View Post
                                                              I don't tend to back people I despise, and in Nicholson and Painter you have two of my top ten. Also Lloyd is a choker
                                                              There will come a time you'll despise ruby to..Best not to hold grudges

Where you getting 6/4 connie.Boyles had a special price of 13/10 earlier and i thought this was best

Comment

There will come a time you'll despise ruby to..Best not to hold grudges

Where you getting 6/4 connie.Boyles had a special price of 13/10 earlier and i thought this was best

Im in Gran canaria for the EMOP. Just rang home and told my son to have a duece on it. He text me back he got 6/4. But I dunno where. maybe enhanced?

Connie

Comment

Damn, thought the snooker was starting at 8.

Comment

ASDA do noodles for 9p a pack. Do you want me to pick you up a couple of boxes at the weekend?

Comment

Originally posted by connie147 View Post
                                                                      The odds mightnt be great, but i cant see past the treble tonight in the snooker, Williams, higgens and Selby. Should be able to get about 6/4 the treble.

Connie
                                                                      connie i done Williams, higgens,o sullivan and Selby

100 acc

what you guys think?
                                                                      David.

Comment

I've sundry bets revolving around all sorts of games and matches...

Egypt/Getafe +1 the main one

Getafe/Madrid/Inter/Egypt/Selby/Higgins then for a small acca.

Would have had more only for some ape thinking 2 pair was good after I 4 bet a 9-10-2 flop (I held 222, he had 10s and 2s, and turned a 10)

Comment

Close one for me, Mallorca missed a penalty. Hope that's all the chances they get for the rest of the night.

Comment

Well, if I'd taken Getafe to qualify rather than win/draw I'd have a winner.

Onwards anyway. Thoughts on the basketball tonight anyone?

Comment

Damn, thought the snooker was starting at 8.
                                                                              Ah come on now, when apart from the final does the snooker start back at 8!.

Comment

thank you algeria!!

Score:
                                                                                egypt 3 - 0 algeria

Red Cards:
                                                                                egypt 0 - 3 algeria
                                                                                Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Had over 3.5 goals in the AFN game, was sure it was fooked, couldn't believe it. Continue my degeneracy with a bet on Inter with 84 mins gone at 4.3 on Betfair. Only small bets but good fun when they come up. Just backed Celta Vigo now after they went down 1-0 to Athletico.

Comment

Did selby win you guys?

Comment

Did selby win you guys?
                                                                                      Yeah looks like it cant find the result though:

Quarter-Final Schedule

Ronnie O'Sullivan's quarter-final match against Mark Allen in the totesport.com Welsh Open will take place on Friday at 1pm.
                                                                                      The Rocket wasted little time in beating Jamie Cope in the last 16 at the Newport Centre today, winning 5-0 in just 55 minutes, setting up a match with rising star Allen.

Tickets for the world ranking event are still available for all sessions - for details call 01633 656 757.

The other quarter-final tomorrow afternoon will see Betfred.com World Champion John Higgins face Pokerstars.com Masters winner Mark Selby.

Then at 7pm, Welsh No 1 Ryan Day will face defending champion Ali Carter, while Stephen Maguire will play home favourite Mark Williams.

Comment

Originally posted by Percy007 View Post
                                                                                        Yeah looks like it cant find the result though:

Quarter-Final Schedule

Ronnie O'Sullivan's quarter-final match against Mark Allen in the totesport.com Welsh Open will take place on Friday at 1pm.
                                                                                        The Rocket wasted little time in beating Jamie Cope in the last 16 at the Newport Centre today, winning 5-0 in just 55 minutes, setting up a match with rising star Allen.

Tickets for the world ranking event are still available for all sessions - for details call 01633 656 757.

The other quarter-final tomorrow afternoon will see Betfred.com World Champion John Higgins face Pokerstars.com Masters winner Mark Selby.

Then at 7pm, Welsh No 1 Ryan Day will face defending champion Ali Carter, while Stephen Maguire will play home favourite Mark Williams.
                                                                                        Cheers. Couldnt find the result anywhere myself.

Comment

Cheers. Couldnt find the result anywhere myself.
                                                                                          just check the results page on PP. (he did win)

Comment

Originally posted by jackyback View Post
                                                                                            Inter at 7/10 against Juventus - 5pts win
                                                                                            Athletico Madrid evens against Celtic Vigo - 2pts win
                                                                                            bank at 89pts
                                                                                            Really setting the gambling world alight in fairness had a right few bob on Inter sweating the last 5 mins or so.
                                                                                            New bank 101.5

Comment

Originally posted by jackyback View Post
                                                                                              Really setting the gambling world alight in fairness had a right few bob on Inter sweating the last 5 mins or so.
                                                                                              New bank 101.5
                                                                                              Wp

Never bet Coppa Italia as a general rule but when I saw the price I made a once off
                                                                                              special allowance. Inter have a sick home
                                                                                              record under Jose and Juventus are in bits at the moment.
                                                                                              Profit before people.

Comment

have a ghana/chelsea/forrest treble and a egypt/chels/forrest treble, why didnt i do ghana and egypt singly

chelsea and forrest = payday!!!

big potential wins this weekend but that does rely on peterborough to beat crystal palace away from home. They're 4.50 so I took them while palace are on a down, gl me!
                                                                                                Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Back JW Tsongo not to win a set in Aus Open Tennis S/F @ 6/5 , hes playing Roger Federer and only had a tough route to S/F
                                                                                                  Last edited by Hornswaggl; 29-01-10, 00:02.

Comment

did anybody manage to lump on meath v DCU?

betting now suspended on Boyles and PP

Comment

Myself and Dougee teased out a nice overs/unders double on the NBA last night but it was a sweat in the Boston game, needing 190 points minimum (191 scored) when the points line was 179.5 at the end of the 3rd qtr.

Anyway - I've made my rakeback quota on Eyes and after running into a series of horrible hands on the Omaha tables I settled for a 4-fold in the Qatar 2nd round...

Can't believe Dredge was 2.15 to beat Green so took him (69 plays 72)
                                                                                                      Karl Karlson over Eddie Hairymolly
                                                                                                      Louis Oozo over Frankie Hairymolly
                                                                                                      Gary Garcia over Alvaro Areola.

Looking decent so far thankfully. Around 12.90 the return too.

Comment

Chelsea currently around evens to win to nil against Burnley at the weekend.

Never like backing the away team in the Premiership in general, especially for clean sheets this year, but if Chelsea are one thing lately its solid through the middle. Burnley under Brian Laws don't seem to have got it together going forward (or anywhere as of yet). I think its worth a look.

Comment

Originally posted by bubbleking View Post
                                                                                                          Someone must have tipped them off. I intend to go round the mcleans shops in belfast today and get any extra cash i can on them.

Comment

Back nigeria to win ANC 3rd playoff against algeria @ evs, algeria are weak team and are missing 3 players through suspension

ALSO Fortuna Dusseldorf to beat TUS KOLBENZ in german 2nd division today @ evs, TUS just sold their star striker Shefi Kuqi to Swansea and are overall a poor team

Comment

...
                                                                                                              "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
                                                                                                                Is this going to be the 'general discussion' betting thread then, now that we have a whole forum?
                                                                                                                Prob lock it in time, or else let it just die, didn't do anything to it bar de-stickying incase there was ongoing conversations. I haven't been able to keep upto date on it. If I get time I might just cannabilise it into the other threads, but probably leave it as is for nostalgic reasons.

Although a general discussion thread would suffice too, I suppose see what happens organically.

Comment

With all the individual sports threads, it has made this one pretty redundant. A pity imo, I liked this thread

Comment

Originally posted by bubbleking View Post
                                                                                                                    did anybody manage to lump on meath v DCU?

You can still bet on match with pp, i presume you are recommending lumping on dcu, 9/2 at mo great price

Comment

no he means against dcu - what price did it open? obviously un-backable at the minute
                                                                                                                      GAA News Website

Comment

We need a wrestling betting thread, the Royal Rumble is this Sunday

Comment

Originally posted by Semibluff View Post
                                                                                                                          no he means against dcu - what price did it open? obviously un-backable at the minute
                                                                                                                          RE meath match. Went into william hill at 2pm. they were 2/13. Went across the road to AMclean and they still 4/6. Rushed to bank and withdrew 600 to do two 300 separate bets. to anyone living in belfast THEY ARE STILL 4/6 WITH AMCLEAN and open til 8.30pm but im not sure if you can bet online with them. They used to be called crown bookmakers and are all around belfast.

Check sean graham also altho i think they may have copped on.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X