• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Golf-Betting Thread

Obviously

cut the golf stuff from other thread to try get this one going

Originally posted by nicnicnic View Post
    Two great golf finals days this week. Would of liked to see clark get his head in front but he's a definite first time winner this year on the pgatour. Many consider him a bottler but watching him playing the presidents cup last year, the quality of his golf was brilliant and I think he might nick a British Open one year.

I'd been backing Haas with success toptens and twentys at the end of last season and good to see him get his nose in front, he can kick on from this and have a really good year.

Looking to the Quater Masters. Kaymer won last week and watching him over the four days, he won playing his B-game. Theirs not many golfers I'd consider backing a week after they've won but this guys one that can. 11/1 generally might seem a bit skinny but in years to come 11/1 Kaymer in this type of field will probably seem big; I'm backing him again anyway. Also having a little on Gooosen seemed to be on top of his game in Hawaii.
    Originally posted by Silver-Tiger View Post
    Agree with this, he's not a big time bottler at all, although he made a balls of it last year at colonial, and tonights lay up was lame. Won the scottish open against a strong field and always puts in a good show in presidents cup, Might be worth a shout in the match play in a few weeks.
    Originally posted by Solskjaer View Post
    I know you hate Poulter but he is going to have a great year I think.

Kaymer is a cool clean hero. I thnik Rory Mc might just fll the Tiger void in terms of media attention , he is great for the game, having said that the master can come back and blow them all away as soon as he stops sulking . Who cares Tiger you shagged some bimbos fk it it's your fecking shot snap out of it., we gots some wagering to do.

lol poulter

Peter Ellis came out with that one about five years ago commentating on the open. Said live on the commentary if they married would that make her Fanny Singh.

On a golf betting note. I'm convinced that the bookmakers are pricing up the top ten markets wrong. Its a relatively new market and there basically dividing the win price by ten to give a price to finish in the top ten. I honestly think this is a bit of a rick.

In any golf tournament normally say 150 runners, I think 90/100 of the field can be scratched from finishing in the top 10. Now some will obv do it but of the 100 I scratch each week I really don't think over the year that maybe 2 at the most 2.5 can get in on average a week. This means that were getting 1/10 of the odds to finish top 8 in 50/60 man fields. In simple terms I feel were getting approx 25% bigger price then we should be. I feel this applies to the top twenty to a smaller extent.

I think I can beat this market handily over the season. I'll stick my tip for these markets in here each week and start with 100 pt bank to see if I'm right.
    Top Ten golf bets this week from 100pts starting point

Garcia 10pts 9/4 stanjames, Qatar

no other players has caused me more pain punting over recent years then Sergio but 9/4 to finish in the top ten in this field is simply to big. If it was this time last year he'd be 8/1 to 10/1 favorite to win the tournament and odds on for a top ten tournament finish.Psychologically he must be in turmoil but 9/4 is still to big. Played well last week apart from the third round. I'm having a decent bet on this.

Two more speculative bets. I'll be backing both myself for topten and top twenty finishes, but I'll keep to top tens for here.

Thongchi Jaidee 3 pts 7/1 stan James, Qatar

Played well last week, generally consistent and invariably overpriced as unfashionable.

Mark Leishman 3pts 7/1 williamhill, Farmers Insurance Open

This guy really impressed at the end of last year and had a nice outing in Hawaii two weeks ago. I don't think the layers are giving him enough credit yet. I've nibbled him at 120s on betfair to win this week and for top ten and twenty markets. I maintain his realistic price this week should be around the 60/1 mark or slightly less.

Comment

Extrabet bet their place market ( top 5/10/20 ) on the golf including ties which is a big concession.

This week they have Mickleson priced at 1/1 for a top ten finish. He's 6/1 to win the tournament and best priced 4/6, generally 4/7 with the other firms for the topten finish. He's 8/15 with 365/willhill/skybet to finish in the topten at the same time being 8/15 to finish in the toptwenty and ties on extrabet. The only other firm betting this market have him 1/4.

It's his first outing of the season so there has to be question on what form he's in. But on the plus side, its his home town and he has won on tory pines three times in the past. This is a huge season for Mickleson as he's nearing forty now, he really seemed to get his game together at the back-end of last year and I'm sure he's been keeping his game ticking over in the break.

The evens for the topten is to big a price while the 8/15 for the toptwenty is massive value,2/7-1/4 is more realistic.

I'm adding 10pts @ 1/1 extrabet, to this weeks picks
      Originally posted by robinblinds View Post
      This is true.

Matt Jones has a good record at Torrey Pines. Great irons players and just as good off the tee. Played really well last week and finished 5th in this last year -

circa 80/1.
      Originally posted by eagle eye View Post
      Just on Mickelson, he is well known for taking a complete break from golf in the offseason.
      if he turns up at 80% those bets are still value, he's doing a live interview at 1 pm ET ( is that 5 or 6 out time ) on the pga site.

anywhere stream the racing daily,
      Here are his results for his first tournament of the year over the last five.

2009 FBR Open - Missed cut
      2008 Buick Inv. - Tied 6th
      2007 Bob Hope - Tied 45th
      2006 Bob Hope - Tied 5th
      2005 Buick Inv. - Tied 56th

And here is his last five in the Buick, which is now the Farmers Insurance

2009 - Tied 42nd
      2008 - Tied 6th
      2007 - Tied 51st
      2006 - Tied 8th
      2005 - Tied 56th

I think he is a great lay for this based on those results.
      go back 10 years and he wins the tournament twice 3 times in total i think.....I had a good bet but if you want to oppose him at the prices I've backed him at I'm prepared to have plenty more on with you if you like.

As for his first outing, this year is different for Mickleson, Nearing 40, Tiger possibly out, he's looking to dominate an I'd expect him to start well,

live interview coming up at 6 here http://www.pgatour.com/livepresser/
      Kaymer 15/1 with pp just in the shops now and only to €100, but values value.

Comment

Nicky would you go near Westwood this week with his new clubs?

Comment

I did a few fun bets before i left, and they're not running too bad i guess. In europe, Oliver Wilson jaidee and Peter hanson, and in the states, its chad cambell, bubba watson and john merrick. All each way cross doubles, no single bets this week.
          All going well in europe (well enough anyway), and the 3 lads in the USA are all under par, a good bit back, but acceptable after 1 round.

Connie

Comment

I don't know tbh, I'd never put someone off backing anyone unless I had a reasonable opposite opinion. Seems to have played very well first two rounds and the way he finished last year the 3/1 available seem generous enough, don't know how we can factor in the new clubs into this though.

Comment

hey Connie,

A big factor in the pga event this week is whether they started on the north or south course, if your guys started on the south course yesterday and are under par there well in the mix as it played close to 5 shots tougher I think.
              Last edited by nicnicnic; 29-01-10, 15:17.

Comment

Dont really know myself, seems that the new clubs are something to do with the angle of the clubs as new rules stake that his old ones are now illegal

Comment

are you talking about the new gruves ?

westwood had a new set of irons last weeks but reckoned the manufacture sent him them in the wrong spec for his normal shaft and was getting another sent out this week.

quoting not working for anyone else in this thread

Comment

Obviously
                    test

Comment

quoting not working for anyone else in this thread
                      Is it not working for anyone else??

Comment

Yes the new gruves

Thanks

Comment

that bet on garcia is looking decent at moment,he is well placed for weekend. pity he cant putt.

had a few e/w there on two in form players at mo
                          schwartzel at 11-1,
                          lowry 50-1 both on paddypower. The lowry bet is a bit speculative but he played excellent at weekend last week and while only at -3 he is only 4 off a place at moment

Comment

must be just me Ste , I've had a few minor bugs in firefox last few days reinstallation time

Comment

Originally posted by Ste05 View Post
                              test
                              weeeeeeee

Comment

Originally posted by ipitydafool View Post
                                that bet on garcia is looking decent at moment,he is well placed for weekend. pity he cant putt.

had a few e/w there on two in form players at mo
                                schwartzel at 11-1,
                                lowry 50-1 both on paddypower. The lowry bet is a bit speculative but he played excellent at weekend last week and while only at -3 he is only 4 off a place at moment
                                Yeah Sergio in decent shape, around the 8/13 mark for top ten atm so 9/4s good, but as you said his putting is retarded and you get the feeling it will effect the rest of his game and can explode any minute. A goodish round tomorrow and I'll probably try trade out.
                                Last edited by nicnicnic; 29-01-10, 16:47.

Comment

Level par for Garcia today in round three which on the face of it looks bad. I'm of the opinion its not a bad thing as there's no pressure on him now so 3/4 under tomorrow should get paid on the top ten. If he was 7/8 under atm I'd be worried he'd blow up, his disposition just seems so fragile on the course.

Comment

gonna stick some bobs on Quiros in the golf, need some interest seen as Im getting up for the tennis final in the morning.

Comment

lol first shot they show of the live play this evening is Phil blowing a drive over the side of a cliff. Thinking at least double. He finds the ball on a grassy verge about 40 yards below the fairway level, gets it back into play and up and down
                                      Last edited by nicnicnic; 30-01-10, 18:22.

Comment

Never again Sergio, snapped his putter over his knee on 14th. Booked a small profit for the tournament backing Karlsson at 3.95 on the 8th. Not much consolation for anyone who backed garcia I know, hopefully Mickelson consolidates his position later.

Comment

small return on Quiros, Karlson was like Federer today

For some more fun/interest KJ Choi tonight. 20/1 ew 123.

few pence on Stephen Ireland to score 1st.

Sergio needs a chat with Seve.

Comment

small return on Quiros, Karlson was like Federer today

For some more fun/interest KJ Choi tonight. 20/1 ew 123.

few pence on Stephen Ireland to score 1st.

Sergio needs a chat with Seve.
                                            I'd seriously back myself to beat him in a putting contest.

He must be destroyed mentality, I remember Langer had similar problems at one stage in his career and sorted it, hopefully sergio can sort it as he's still young enough but thats me finished with him punting wise.

Comment

had great hopes for trading Lewishman today, on at 120s and looking good in 2nd with four to play last night but caught a bit of the garcias and missed three putts between 5/6 feet in last four holes.

Still hopeful I'll collect on him at 7/1 topten 13/5 toptwenty and ties and Michelson in the top ten, be very disappointed if I don't collect.

Comment

yeh lets hope for 2 top twentys alright. what time it stating at?
                                                GAA News Website

Comment

Waiting on Crane@ 5/4 for 150 euro treble with S.liege@7/10 and Sevilla @11/10

Comment

had great hopes for trading Lewishman today, on at 120s and looking good in 2nd with four to play last night but caught a bit of the garcias and missed three putts between 5/6 feet in last four holes.

Still hopeful I'll collect on him at 7/1 topten 13/5 toptwenty and ties and Michelson in the top ten, be very disappointed if I don't collect.
                                                    Great finish from Leishman to save you backside.
                                                    'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

Great finish from Leishman to save you backside.
                                                      Pity he didn't finish well on Saturday and I'd of had a right touch.

So on the topten tips I gave there was an outlay of 26pts and returned 24pts. I think it was looking good to show a decent profit after three rounds but at least anyone who backed them had a decent sweat over the four days.....

I was going to do this every week I had fancies inside the other thread. I feel a bit exposed doing it in here TBH and I'm not going ahead with it. Four or Five people ask me how Mickelson was going in Clonmel yesterday at the coursing game and it just made me feel uncomfortable for whatever reason.

Also I know two friends who had good bets on Mickelson on the back of the post I made and it made me feel like shit when he got stuffed. Especially as I decided to trade out on him myself as I was playing cards and wouldn't see the final round. Basically I love punting Golf and tipping it here definitely detracted from my enjoyment.
                                                      Last edited by nicnicnic; 01-02-10, 15:07.

Comment

Well unlucky I think Phil will always be an enigma, if he was in the mood he'd have won it never mind the top 10. I agree with you on the tips , there is a certain ownership when you post them, however I think it's ok to give your thoughts though. This thread will die if golf fans decline to give their opinions.

I just about broke even myself with Quiros getting 2nd on my golf bets, (Fed 3-0 and Rooney got me my profit elsewhere) This weekend looks like a belter. With Karlson heralding a return to form after a horrible injury plagued last season and McElroy continueing to improve there is some fascinatiing viewing to be had.

What do you reckon on this Thursday? *I promise not to chase you around the poker table for an update*

Comment

advice?

Problem with giving a tip is your never quite sure if the tipeee is going to stick a tenner on or the keys to the gaff

What sources do you use for info (any i havent got greatly appreciated)

Im slowly getting back into golf betting after a few years away from it
                                                          (tiger not playing good imo)

i get my facts and figures from
                                                          The official web site of the PGA TOUR. Providing the only Real-Time Live Scoring for the PGA TOUR, Champions Tour and Korn Ferry Tour. Home of official PGA TOUR

The official website of the DP World Tour, European Challenge Tour and Legends Tour.

the lads on

seem to have a decent eye for it

obv the auld lad in the post is great but as you know you need to bet before he is published as he kills prices.
                                                          Back when i was at it every week, my shortlists were pretty much the same as his shortlists for every tourni

i do miss the Elliott's Golf Form books

anything else you could/would point to as a good source of info?

Cheers
                                                          !
                                                          Last edited by Guest; 01-02-10, 15:23.

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambo View Post
                                                            Problem with giving a tip is your never quite sure if the tipeee is going to stick a tenner on or the keys to the gaff

What sources do you use for info (any i havent got greatly appreciated)

Im slowly getting back into golf betting after a few years away from it
                                                            (tiger not playing good imo)

i get my facts and figures from
                                                            The official web site of the PGA TOUR. Providing the only Real-Time Live Scoring for the PGA TOUR, Champions Tour and Korn Ferry Tour. Home of official PGA TOUR

The official website of the DP World Tour, European Challenge Tour and Legends Tour.

the lads on

seem to have a decent eye for it

obv the auld lad in the post is great but as you know you need to bet before he is published as he kills prices.
                                                            Back when i was at it every week, my shortlists were pretty much the same as his shortlists for every tourni

i do miss the Elliott's Golf Form books

anything else you could/would point to as a good source of info?

Cheers
                                                            !

TBH I don't use many sources, I watch 25/30 hours of golf a week and base my bets on a few simple factors. current form/ course form and looking atvalue- price discrepancies and what I call the fashion factor.

This happens in play and comes down to popular golfer say the likes of Kim and Camilleo being to short when they get into contention, thus creating value elsewhere in a book.

Another element of this is british players generally being to short because the markets were betting are British made/based and thus the book will be filled with bets on british players. Last week in Abu Dabi on the 16th betfair had kaymer and poulter at 11/10, at the start of the tournament they bet 14/1 kaymer and 33/1 poults. Logic says a proven winner like Kaymer should be trading at odds on here and poulter higher.

There's also a judgement of bottle, I'm watching golf and always making opinions of how players are reacting in certain situations with a view to making future judgements based on what I'm seeing.

I should add I also watch "new" players on the tours and if impress I'll stick with them watching for them on courses that suit and such. Leishman the weekend is a good example, the guy was rookie of the year, had played awesome in the fedex playoffs and had a good first outing this year and tory pines was going to suit his game. I got 120/1 the weekend and 7/1 top ten if he was american he's probably 50/1 3/1 in those markets.The guy Sim impressed the weekend I'll be watching his performances closely over the next few weeks, his 62 on the easier course friday was particularly interesting and I'll be watching for him on easy courses later in the season depending on how i think he's playing
                                                            Last edited by nicnicnic; 01-02-10, 16:09.

Comment

Well unlucky I think Phil will always be an enigma, if he was in the mood he'd have won it never mind the top 10. I agree with you on the tips , there is a certain ownership when you post them, however I think it's ok to give your thoughts though. This thread will die if golf fans decline to give their opinions.

I just about broke even myself with Quiros getting 2nd on my golf bets, (Fed 3-0 and Rooney got me my profit elsewhere) This weekend looks like a belter. With Karlson heralding a return to form after a horrible injury plagued last season and McElroy continueing to improve there is some fascinatiing viewing to be had.

What do you reckon on this Thursday? *I promise not to chase you around the poker table for an update*
                                                              I think Rory is generally to low, for all he has achieved his actual win ratio isn't great so playing single figures doesn't do it for me. I think I'll play in running on this and not have a bet at the start, if Kaymer starts anyway well I'll be looking at backing him because generally good day one means he contends bad day one he doesn't. Karlsson back in the grove is interesting.

In america I haven't looked at previous years yet but the two that are interesting me at first glance are Allenby- I think he has won this, maybe twice years ago and he has found something with the new putting stroke that has been missing years. Tim Clark at bigger then 50s on betfair also caught the eye.

Comment

Hi Nicky,
                                                                i love my golf betting too, but i gotta get into this trading off during tourneys. I do think its "relatively" do-able to pick a few golfers at the start whose price will "more than likely" contract as the event goes on, but Im not a betfair man yet and I gotta get there.
                                                                Dont stop posting info here. Anybody who does a bit of thinking and studying in these golf events, well their opinions are of great importance imo. I might even get brave and start posting my own golf thoughts. I really dont think you should put yourself under pressure because of airing your fancies. All your doing is giving other punters an insight that they mightnt see outside of the racing Post golf section.
                                                                Its fancies from knowlageable people like you that will make these threads interesting. You have always campaigned for our own sports betting thread, so lets give whole season a try anyway.

Connie

Comment

I think Rory is generally to low, for all he has achieved his actual win ratio isn't great so playing single figures doesn't do it for me.
                                                                  +1000!
                                                                  I do think the bookies are pricing him up so low for 2 reasons

1. popularity (as you said above in reply to me)
                                                                  2. To cut the each way value, like when Paud could not win but was always a short price to take away the ew value

So Rory's prices are basically a go away price
                                                                  No value in backing at such low prices until he actually backs it up with a few more wins

Comment

As mentioned earlier i would agree that current and course form can be useful indicators for backing at the golf and something i try to use (not as successfully as i would like tho For this week in dubai i would agree mcillroy is very short to back and so too stenson who although has great course form at the emirates, won the event in 07 and 2nd last year he is playing muck by his standards at the moment so at 16s is not great value. ill probably have a few sneaky e/w on oliver wilson who i feel is due a good week, he was like a gynacelogists asistant on the greens last sunday in qatar so with a bit of luck they might start dropping for him in dubai. he finished in top 10 last year. He is 45-1. I also might have a few e/w on bjorn, im a great fan of his and he has come back into a bit of form as of late also has won on this course before, he is 100-1.

Comment

Originally posted by connie147 View Post
                                                                      Hi Nicky,
                                                                      i love my golf betting too, but i gotta get into this trading off during tourneys. I do think its "relatively" do-able to pick a few golfers at the start whose price will "more than likely" contract as the event goes on, but Im not a betfair man yet and I gotta get there.
                                                                      Dont stop posting info here. Anybody who does a bit of thinking and studying in these golf events, well their opinions are of great importance imo. I might even get brave and start posting my own golf thoughts. I really dont think you should put yourself under pressure because of airing your fancies. All your doing is giving other punters an insight that they mightnt see outside of the racing Post golf section.
                                                                      Its fancies from knowlageable people like you that will make these threads interesting. You have always campaigned for our own sports betting thread, so lets give whole season a try anyway.

Connie
                                                                      I'll certainly give my thoughts each week, just not going to go ahead with the staking plan I was going to for the topten markets, I'll mention my fancies in those markets though.

Again on the top tens, I've mentioned that extrabet bet pay ties in their place markets. This week they paid 14 and 13 places for top tens in the two tournaments, this is a major concession.
                                                                      Last edited by nicnicnic; 01-02-10, 23:33.

Comment

In america I haven't looked at previous years yet but the two that are interesting me at first glance are Allenby- I think he has won this, maybe twice years ago and he has found something with the new putting stroke that has been missing years. Tim Clark at bigger then 50s on betfair also caught the eye.
                                                                        Ye in 2001 and he won it with one of the best shots I've seen in a play off. He also came third in 2007 and that year it was won by Charles Howell
                                                                        Howell has registered 2 top 10s in 3 starts this year and has also lost this event in a playoff aswel as winning it. I had him backed from the start last week and he was very impressive. It was the 2 under round on the easier north course that cost him the tournament last week. I really fancy him to do well this week. Laddies had him at 50s this morning, into 33s now. But 40s should be available.

Charles Howell 3rd.
                                                                        Robert Allenby. Both each way
                                                                        There my tips and I'm looking forward to this tournament.

Comment

Ye in 2001 and he won it with one of the best shots I've seen in a play off. He also came third in 2007 and that year it was won by Charles Howell
                                                                          Howell has registered 2 top 10s in 3 starts this year and has also lost this event in a playoff aswel as winning it. I had him backed from the start last week and he was very impressive. It was the 2 under round on the easier north course that cost him the tournament last week. I really fancy him to do well this week. Laddies had him at 50s this morning, into 33s now. But 40s should be available.

Charles Howell 3rd.

I think i backed allenby in 2001, 6 man play off, three wood to a couple of feet ? My mate who's a decent judge is sweet on Howells aswell.

Comment

I seem to have more success early in the year with golf bets rather than mid sesaon.
                                                                            Fancy S.Cink to go well this weekend at a price (85.0 on betfair).

Comment

#39
                                                                              Originally posted by Aya14 View Post
                                                                              I seem to have more success early in the year with golf bets rather than mid sesaon.
                                                                              Fancy S.Cink to go well this weekend at a price (85.0 on betfair).
                                                                              ya some players just love the early season

/me picks and that

Steve Stricker 14/1
                                                                              Rory Sabbatini 30/1

Charl Swarl..... cant spell his name 25/1
                                                                              Westwood 12/1

form form form
                                                                              ive been following Rory and Charl for years so when they hit form i tend to bet
                                                                              I know Charl wasnt up to much last week and may be off the boil after 2 wins in a row but... think(hope) he has a bit left

Comment

#40
                                                                                I'll be looking at both Karl Karlson and Stan Stenson for the Desert Classic. From what I've been told Stenson has been living and breathing the course over the past few months.

Won't be betting on it til after lunch tomorrow so might get a better price again.
                                                                                Hey buddy, did ya get that thing I sent ya?

Comment

#41
                                                                                  I'm getting in on this top ten stuff. I'm gonna do Timmy Clark, Rory Sabatini and Robert Allenby this week.
                                                                                  'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

#42
                                                                                    I'm getting in on this top ten stuff. I'm gonna do Timmy Clark, Rory Sabatini and Robert Allenby this week.

I still havent gone with this top 10 thingy, but i am looking into it.

Picked 3 golfers in both europe and usa, and had 9 x each way cross doubles, hoping to get 2 placed, 1 on each tour.

So I'll start my 100 pt golf bank this week for the craic, and keep track from there. Just 9 x .25 each way doubles, = bet of 4.5pts. (bank now 95.5)

EUROPEAN PLAYERS
                                                                                    Darren Clarke--66/1
                                                                                    JM Singh--70/1
                                                                                    L Oustehusin--25/1

USPGA tour
                                                                                    Mike Weir--35/1
                                                                                    Luke Donald--66/1
                                                                                    Anthony Kim--45/1

This is a bank my son derry and i are gonna try for the year with the golf. All bets wont be the same as this obviousley. Its more for a bit of interest over the weekends.

Connie

Comment

#43
                                                                                      Might be a good idea to to that 100 point bank.

I'll start then with 3 points on each for top ten finishes.

Clark @ 4.5(thats 7/2)
                                                                                      Sabatini @ 4.4
                                                                                      Allenby @ 3.0

Comment

#44

Charles Howell 3rd.
                                                                                        Get the finger out please Charlie 7 pars in a row will get you no-where.

Comment

#45
                                                                                          it was like the british open in dubai earlier with the wind steady start by all the big names, wind promised again in morning should keep it interesting and tight

Comment

#46
                                                                                            Ended up backing Clark and nibbling Ramaro and leishman to win and Ramaro 13/1 and Leishman 6/1 toptens, meant to post them last night but was on the lash. no bet in Dubai.

Sick round from ramaro -6 including an unlucky double boogie, finished with four straight birds

Comment

#47
                                                                                              I see you got Leishman right this week, I think it was Lewisham last week.

And its Romero not Ramaro.

Comment

#48
                                                                                                I see you got Leishman right this week, I think it was Lewisham last week.

And its Romero not Ramaro.
                                                                                                im dyslexic, spell check wont pick up on names, shoot me

Comment

#49
                                                                                                  Golf betting is weird. There's always certain players who are heavily bet on before tee-off that have a bad first two/three days. But because they're so well backed are still a really short price on the final day or at half way.

Look at the leaderboard and the prices right now. Mickelson's 6 shots off the lead at the end of day two, but still 3rd favourite at 10/1. Dustin Johnson's one shot off the lead and playing very well, but still 4/1, because the guy ahead of him is a much bigger name.

I'm certain there's a lot of money to be made here, but I don't know enough about the sport to really be able to exploit it. So far all I've been doing is looking for good each way shots on the 2nd and 3rd days of each competition. I've had reasonable returns with this.

So, Steve Marino at 28/1 and Ricky Barnes at 50/1 look to be overpriced at the moment. Any thoughts from those of you who know more about these players? In particular, was Barnes' 66 on Day 1 a fluke, or is he capable of staying in contention?
                                                                                                  "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

#50
                                                                                                    Similarly, Steven Dodd and Marcus Frazer in Dubai are right in contention yet priced like outsiders.
                                                                                                    "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

#51
                                                                                                      Originally posted by connie147 View Post
                                                                                                      I still havent gone with this top 10 thingy, but i am looking into it.

Picked 3 golfers in both europe and usa, and had 9 x each way cross doubles, hoping to get 2 placed, 1 on each tour.

So I'll start my 100 pt golf bank this week for the craic, and keep track from there. Just 9 x .25 each way doubles, = bet of 4.5pts. (bank now 95.5)

EUROPEAN PLAYERS
                                                                                                      Darren Clarke--66/1
                                                                                                      JM Singh--70/1
                                                                                                      L Oustehusin--25/1

USPGA tour
                                                                                                      Mike Weir--35/1
                                                                                                      Luke Donald--66/1
                                                                                                      Anthony Kim--45/1

This is a bank my son derry and i are gonna try for the year with the golf. All bets wont be the same as this obviousley. Its more for a bit of interest over the weekends.

Connie

Almost half way point. Still horses running though.

US
                                                                                                      Luke donald==Joint 7th--- -6 7 holed to play
                                                                                                      Anthony Kim-- Joint 7th--- -6 finished play today
                                                                                                      Mike Weir------ Looks like MC.

Europe
                                                                                                      JM Singh--- 9th---- -4
                                                                                                      Darren Clarke-- 13th -3
                                                                                                      Oosterhausin 53rd +2

Comment

#52
                                                                                                        getting a nice sweat from Quiros again, loving the euro golf this year, so many good up and coming players, strong chance of the Ryder cup in my view. You guys put me off Mcelroy
                                                                                                        with yer value assessments then I thought sure the guy is a revelation. So I'm backing him in the masters along with Kaymar and Karlson. It's going to be an epic season, nice to see the Eurotour improve so much. is Quiros in the masters, i can't find any market on him
                                                                                                        Tsurely Tiger can't resist coming back, fk the wimmins stuff in my view. (I know I'm a bad man)

Comment

#53
                                                                                                          getting a nice sweat from Quiros again, loving the euro golf this year, so many good up and coming players, strong chance of the Ryder cup in my view. You guys put me off Mcelroy
                                                                                                          with yer value assessments then I thought sure the guy is a revelation. So I'm backing him in the masters along with Kaymar and Karlson. It's going to be an epic season, nice to see the Eurotour improve so much. is Quiros in the masters, i can't find any market on him
                                                                                                          Tsurely Tiger can't resist coming back, fk the wimmins stuff in my view. (I know I'm a bad man)
                                                                                                          Were going head to head in the final group tomorrow Willbert, I had a good bet on Westwood at 4.4 before play today.

Europe are 4/5 generally for the Ryder Cup, I'm heading over to Celtic Manor tomorrow to play golf for the week, I'll report back on my findings

Masters shaping up to be epic.

What you think of the golf without Tiger definitely interesting

Comment

#54
                                                                                                            Originally posted by AndyFB View Post
                                                                                                            Golf betting is weird. There's always certain players who are heavily bet on before tee-off that have a bad first two/three days. But because they're so well backed are still a really short price on the final day or at half way.

Look at the leaderboard and the prices right now. Mickelson's 6 shots off the lead at the end of day two, but still 3rd favourite at 10/1. Dustin Johnson's one shot off the lead and playing very well, but still 4/1, because the guy ahead of him is a much bigger name.

I'm certain there's a lot of money to be made here, but I don't know enough about the sport to really be able to exploit it. So far all I've been doing is looking for good each way shots on the 2nd and 3rd days of each competition. I've had reasonable returns with this.

So, Steve Marino at 28/1 and Ricky Barnes at 50/1 look to be overpriced at the moment. Any thoughts from those of you who know more about these players? In particular, was Barnes' 66 on Day 1 a fluke, or is he capable of staying in contention?
                                                                                                            I'm actually tempted by the 13/1 Mickelson on betfair, was two shots down with three to play to Stricker in this last year and won it.

If your ever tempted to bet players like Marino and Barns to win in spots like this in running the difference between bookmakers and betfair is generally massive. 70s Marino and 120s Barns available.

Comment

#55
                                                                                                              Were going head to head in the final group tomorrow Willbert, I had a good bet on Westwood at 4.4 before play today.

Europe are 4/5 generally for the Ryder Cup, I'm heading over to Celtic Manor tomorrow to play golf for the week, I'll report back on my findings

Masters shaping up to be epic.

What you think of the golf without Tiger definitely interesting
                                                                                                              wow over to the manor, nice, tough life you have.

I hate the golf without tiger, it's interesting alright but he is a living legend and not seeing him play you kind of feel deprived/robbed. when he's at 80% and the rest are playing out of their skins there is nothing better to watch in sport. I'm loving the eurotour this year, deffo bet on a European win in the masters.

big fan of Westwood so if he wins I won't be too disappointed. If only Quiros could putt like tiger he would be immense.

Comment

#56
                                                                                                                Just laid off Westwood at 1.28 on first playoff hole, hole chopped 9/4 winner locked up on bet so couldn't give a fuck who wins now

Comment

#57
                                                                                                                  God you'd swear westwood was trying to lose that playoff

at least id him done ew so.... na feck that

Comment

#58
                                                                                                                    GOLF

Breaking punters hearts since they have been old enough to gamble.

Comment

#59
                                                                                                                      Originally posted by Elshambo View Post
                                                                                                                      ya some players just love the early season

/me picks and that

Steve Stricker 14/1
                                                                                                                      Rory Sabbatini 30/1

Charl Swarl..... cant spell his name 25/1
                                                                                                                      Westwood 12/1

form form form
                                                                                                                      ive been following Rory and Charl for years so when they hit form i tend to bet
                                                                                                                      I know Charl wasnt up to much last week and may be off the boil after 2 wins in a row but... think(hope) he has a bit left
                                                                                                                      A win and a second
                                                                                                                      would be a but westwood really should have picked up the win imo and id them in a small double as well

Charl and Sab had good first rounds then fell away, watching brief for next few weeks me thinks
                                                                                                                      Westwood is one of the few who can turn this loss into a win next time out (he is used to it)

anyhu...

Comment

#60
                                                                                                                        AT & T Pebble Beach

I think Davis Love III (56/1) and Sean O'Hair (33/1) are good each way bets.
                                                                                                                        Garcia ftw at 31/1.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                        X