X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by peterswellman View Post
    Cliff Josephy just oozes class.
    Not so much.

Lord of the Lies stuff by the end. Pretty sure I'd be rabied foaming at the mouth playing with him; but he carried himself in the exchanges relatively classely and certainly seemed to play pretty well. Enjoyed the AQ hand as Bleznick is obviously ugh of ughs

His antics strike me as almost ocdish same series of 5 or 6 phrases. Surely must give way more away than he gets out of it (unless the tilt factor he generates gets him that bit extra) I know I play like an absolute cunt v punters like this

Comment

Originally posted by Kim Huybrechts View Post
      Kassouf is just coming off as a cunt. Horrible horrible cunt
      ...This is a massive understatement!...I've actually enjoyed him alot in the first few episodes,, but the constant card calling in every hand is pissing me off and making him come across as a prick... He also needs to shut the fuck up when action is on someone else...Edit, just imagine sitting beside him, I'd have to wear headphones even if I was on feature table, if they complain tell them to shut him up...

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
        How many Episodes FD so i know when to start watching?
        18 left, so 2 more episodes before the November 9. These 2 epsidoes were Day 7, and so will the remaining 2.

I'm not a fan of Kassouf's antics, and think he way overdoes it, but the mob mentality of the table against him was disgusting imo. He was bang on with most of the stuff he said to the various TD's. The muppet saying 'One player to a hand'. Seriously, how does he get the WSOP Main Event gig? TD's were way out of line and didn't really have a clue what was going on, or how to control it.

He had the table on tilt and played it to his advantage and most of the table showed their lack of class (Kassouf at times too) but I can feel for the guy too.

I listening to Kassouf on Negreanu's podcast a couple of weeks ago, and it's quite decent and he explains that it boils over even more.

He's also going to be on Joey Ingram's podcast this week which will be another couple of hours of fun!

Edit - ^^^^ Here it is: It's pretty shit though tbh

If you have been watching the World Series of Poker coverage this year on ESPN, you have seen the man known as William Kassouf all over your television.Willi...
        Last edited by Flushdraw; 18-10-16, 11:06.

Comment

I don't think it was the speech play that was the problem this week, it was the slowness of his play. Either way, if you can't take his 'tactics', what does that say about you as a poker player? There are plenty of people just as bad or worse, it's something any pro has to deal with.

Really looking forward to the famed Kassouf v Benger hand next week.
          Last edited by *PocketRockets*; 18-10-16, 07:04.

Comment

To my eyes, Josephy came across as a much bigger prick than Kassouf. Turnung to Moss after the 33 hand and " I felt I had to speak up for you". What a load of bollox.
            The TD's were like rabbits caught in headlights. Cameras rolling, Josephy's little gang whinging, oh we have to be seen to be doing something.

Comment

Originally posted by Lplate View Post
              To my eyes, Josephy came across as a much bigger prick than Kassouf. Turnung to Moss after the 33 hand and " I felt I had to speak up for you". What a load of bollox.
              The TD's were like rabbits caught in headlights. Cameras rolling, Josephy's little gang whinging, oh we have to be seen to be doing something.
              To be fair to Josephy I think the constant delay of play (which was obviously edited out), got to him and he was beginning to lose it, which was understandable but unfortunately was Kassoufs aim and played into his hands, I don't think Josephy came across as a bigger prick than Kassouf when as all he did was react to the constant time wasting by Kassouf even when there was no action before him, he would take 2+ mins to take action when it was his turn, the TD's were poor and didn't read the situation well at all, in particular the TD that said "one player to hand", I mean what a load of bollix, if you were in that situation and it was becoming clear the TDs were not taking the appropriate action, I can only imagine the frustration the table were beginning to experience.
              Players like Kassouff should be more closely monitored by TD's and TD's should pay more attention to the concerns expressed by the players at the table with the problem player, instead of in this case just giving it lip service and not addressing the real issue.

Comment

Surely he wasn't the only one stalling though. He doesn't annoy me at all. Bleznick would tilt me far more tbh.

Comment

...Episode 11, at time 55:38 for the rest of the hand... Forget the hand, in the background there is a guy wearing sunglasses and a red cap--- He has got to be the whitest looking guy ever, looks like a ghost almost...

Comment

Originally posted by shano1888 View Post
                    Surely he wasn't the only one stalling though. He doesn't annoy me at all. Bleznick would tilt me far more tbh.
                    Yeah I dunno, I think we'd all accept stalling as part of the game both online and live especially in satellites, but Kassouffs seems to be stalling solely to tilt people, that of course is his prerogative but is it necessary?.
                    I think we'd all agree it's an element of the game we'd like to see eliminated, obviously it's easy to tackle online with timebanks etc, but live is more difficult to tackle, and in a made for TV tournament like the WSOP ME, it amounts to shite viewing and won't attract new players to the game and the situation is exacerbated by the inaction of the TD's.

Comment

Josephy is a proper nasty little prick and should have at the very least gotten an official warning.

Comment

Looking forward to
                        SPOILER
                        "THE HAND" tonight.

Comment

Episode 13

SPOILER

Episode 14

SPOILER

Comment

SPOILER
                            Kassouf absolutely coolered, very unlucky.

Vayo is an absolute cretin fwiw. If he wins, life tilt for me.
                            Last edited by *PocketRockets*; 24-10-16, 12:19.

Comment

^^^ Spoiler for others please!

Comment

Was that Rory Brown cheerleading Benger there?
                                Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                  Yeah
                                  His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                    Yeah there good buddies I believe.
                                    location green and yellow stretford end

Comment

There is some dreadful play in 2nd ep by
                                      SPOILER
                                      Obst

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface View Post
                                        SPOILER
                                        Obst
                                        Must be a lot of pressure with your tournament life on the line so close to the Nine.

SPOILER
                                        its the same scenario as v Ruane, he can't make the right decision every time. The guy doesn't represent a naked five with his raise on the turn.
                                        Last edited by *PocketRockets*; 24-10-16, 16:35.

Comment

Originally posted by *PocketRockets* View Post
                                          SPOILER
                                          Kassouf absolutely coolered, very unlucky.

Vayo is an absolute cretin fwiw. If he wins, life tilt for me.
                                          Kassouf is the cretin. A despicable human. Delighted for him. The last time I was that satisfied watching tv was when Jesse choked out Todd in Breaking Bad

Comment

SPOILER
                                            Love him or hate him, that final table without Kassouf is going to be the most boring snoozefest of all time. There's not 1 guy left with a bit of character. (Although i could also have been the slowest of all time with Kassouf there!)

I know we only saw the edited highlights of the AA v KK hand, but i'm not sure what part Benger took such bad offense too. I didn't notice anything abusive about his tabke talk.

You're an abusive person
                                            It's verbal abusive
                                            You're a bully
                                            It's rude, it's mean
                                            You're a bad person
                                            Check your privilege!!

He came across really bad in that hand, and loved the slam dunk fail showing the aces

I know Downtown will have a different view having been on the rail and saw all the stalling going on, but his table talk is good for the game and would have made a lot more people tune in the watch the November 9.

It's hard to pick someone to root for, maybe Ruane and Nguyen ftw, but it's going to be really easy to anti-rail that little prick Gordon Vayo. Really does come across as a horrible little person.

I was looking forward to watching the November Nine when i was following at the time and there was so much potential for a great game. With about 50 left, we had Max Silver, Tony Gregg, Dan Colman, James Obst, Tom Middleton, Tom Marchese and others, but sadly none of them made it through. Defo going to sleep this one out which is a shame

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface View Post
                                              SPOILER
                                              Obst
                                              Agree,
                                              SPOILER
                                              Why call the reraise to hit your flush, and when it hits on a paired board he folds after investing half his stack.

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                                SPOILER
                                                Love him or hate him, that final table without Kassouf is going to be the most boring snoozefest of all time. There's not 1 guy left with a bit of character. (Although i could also have been the slowest of all time with Kassouf there!)

I know we only saw the edited highlights of the AA v KK hand, but i'm not sure what part Benger took such bad offense too. I didn't notice anything abusive about his tabke talk.

You're an abusive person
                                                It's verbal abusive
                                                You're a bully
                                                It's rude, it's mean
                                                You're a bad person
                                                Check your privilege!!

He came across really bad in that hand, and loved the slam dunk fail showing the aces

I know Downtown will have a different view having been on the rail and saw all the stalling going on, but his table talk is good for the game and would have made a lot more people tune in the watch the November 9.

It's hard to pick someone to root for, maybe Ruane and Nguyen ftw, but it's going to be really easy to anti-rail that little prick Gordon Vayo. Really does come across as a horrible little person.

I was looking forward to watching the November Nine when i was following at the time and there was so much potential for a great game. With about 50 left, we had Max Silver, Tony Gregg, Dan Colman, James Obst, Tom Middleton, Tom Marchese and others, but sadly none of them made it through. Defo going to sleep this one out which is a shame
                                                I think
                                                SPOILER
                                                Benger was definitely out of order with some of his remarks to Kassouff. Interesting that he waited until the clock was called to unleash his barrage of accusations. Bad form of both Wong and goody goody Niwinski to refuse to shake hands with Will afterwards. As for the final table, it's going to be faster, but less entertaining without Will. Michael Ruane has to have some Irish connections, especially as he has a sister called Mairead. Might root for him.
                                                Last edited by carlinrose; 25-10-16, 01:03.

Comment

I can't say I'd enjoy sitting on the same table as Kassouf but it's part of the game.
                                                  Couldn't have put my feelings about Vayo any better than Flushdraw described, horrible creature.
                                                  JohnnyBax is as obnoxious in reality as he is online, anyone who thinks he ouzzes class needs to have a serious look at themselves.
                                                  Benger's outbrust was disgusting, I'm so anti railing this guy now.

Comment

Hopefully:

1. Qui Nguyen
                                                    2. Michael Ruane
                                                    3. Kenny Hallaert
                                                    4. Fernando Pons
                                                    5. Wojcech Ruzicka
                                                    6. Jerry Wong
                                                    7. Cliff Josephy
                                                    8. Griffin Benger
                                                    Vayo DQ for being a whiny bitch.

In reality, I see Ruane winning, Hallaert second, Josephy third.

Comment

Kassouf is the cretin. A despicable human. Delighted for him. The last time I was that satisfied watching tv was when Jesse choked out Todd in Breaking Bad
                                                      I could've made money selling earplugs when you'd be at the table.

Comment

Originally posted by Arazi View Post
                                                        JohnnyBax is as obnoxious in reality as he is online, anyone who thinks he ouzzes class needs to have a serious look at themselves.
                                                        Obviously stated that on his first episode appearance. Relax

Comment

I think Kassouff was mildly tilted and tired by the time the large hand came around with G. Benger, not that it would have had too much bearing in the end.

Many of the other players, such as Vayo, and Bax showed a large lack of class, after Kassouff, the ESPN pantomine villan had exited stage left.

That was the opportunity for people to draw a line under it, take control of the table dynamic, or seed a lighter dynamic, and let themselves shine on camera. Opportunity missed.

The nine need more coaching in how to play on camera, but will likely have invested in professional coaches refining push/fold ranges, live tells ...

Rooting for Belgium.

Comment

Don't get the Vayo hate. Seems like a thoroughly nice guy. Hopefully he wins with Hallaert second

Comment

Don't get the Vayo hate. Seems like a thoroughly nice guy. Hopefully he wins with Hallaert second
                                                              Has a cameo in Cable Guy, 2nd from the left

Comment

SPOILER
                                                                I see the Benger V Kassouf hand a little differently. Obviously Benger wants a call and if it looks like his opponent is folding he has to say something to induce a call. All bets are off against Kassouf, you can say anything you want to try to induce a call, he opened himself up for someone to talk back at him, so it was smart of Benger to berate him while he has less than a minute to make a decision, call him a bully etc. and don't give him time to think about it and maybe he shoves with AK or a big pair. That's what Kassouf was doing to everyone so I don't have a problem with anything Benger said.

Comment

Originally posted by gorrrr72 View Post
                                                                  SPOILER
                                                                  I see the Benger V Kassouf hand a little differently. Obviously Benger wants a call and if it looks like his opponent is folding he has to say something to induce a call. All bets are off against Kassouf, you can say anything you want to try to induce a call, he opened himself up for someone to talk back at him, so it was smart of Benger to berate him while he has less than a minute to make a decision, call him a bully etc. and don't give him time to think about it and maybe he shoves with AK or a big pair. That's what Kassouf was doing to everyone so I don't have a problem with anything Benger said.
                                                                  SPOILER
                                                                  Might see it that way if he didn't continue to embarrass himself after the cards were tabled. I think he genuinely lost it due to a bit of harmless table talk.

Comment

My big problem with it is the editing, we weren't there but it would seem from the comments of Kassouf & his entourage that Benger said some pretty nasty stuff that must have been edited out to his benefit. For me Benger came across as a thoroughbred cunt!

Comment

Yeah, would love to see the full, unedited hand.

Comment

Originally posted by KK82 View Post
                                                                        SPOILER
                                                                        Might see it that way if he didn't continue to embarrass himself after the cards were tabled. I think he genuinely lost it due to a bit of harmless table talk.
                                                                        Maybe he did lose it. It's hard to know though because after the cards are tabled and they are all in the adrenaline kicks in, I can't even imagine how big that moment would feel.

My big problem with it is the editing, we weren't there but it would seem from the comments of Kassouf & his entourage that Benger said some pretty nasty stuff that must have been edited out to his benefit. For me Benger came across as a thoroughbred cunt!
                                                                        Yeah, Kassouf did mention that somebody said something about "go back to England" and/or a Brexit reference but he didn't say that Benger said it so I guess we will probably never know whether he did or not.
                                                                        I would have my doubts that it was Benger though because they both shook hands after the hand. Maybe it was one of the other players or one of the railbirds.

Comment

No, I rewatched it, last few minutes of episode 13, he clearly states on 2 occasions that it was Griffen Benger he's referring to.

Comment

No, I rewatched it, last few minutes of episode 13, he clearly states on 2 occasions that it was Griffen Benger he's referring to.
                                                                            One of Benger's rail defo said 'Send this little prick back home'

You need to try harder - He's an interfering little cnut. How many times does he need to get involved in hands that have nothing to do with him. Counting Benger's stack for Kassouf, getting involved in the Benger tirade and then 'it all should have been done in 5 seconds' garbage. Yeah, let's just get 28m in the middle with 17 left in the WSOP Main Event and not try to think about decisions or get information. He's a worm. Hope he chokes on his cornflakes.

Comment

And if that wasn't bad enough, here's Kassouf's bustout hand from EPT Malta today!

Comment

Not only that, Kassouf had just lost with AA v AJ in Malta. Eerie.

Comment

Kassouf is a poker hooligan. Delighted he got rode again today. Vayo isn't even his real name.

Comment

Kassouf is a poker hooligan. Delighted he got rode again today. Vayo isn't even his real name.
                                                                                    No, it's Will iirc.

Comment

Allegedly these are the times taken for all the hands played on Day 6 and 7, not only televised hands. You can see how it would have gotten under people's skins if he's taking over 30 seconds to make a move preflop, even folding. I'm not sure i've ever taken 30 seconds to play a hand pre flop in my life!

Comment

That is absurd and it would tilt me like hell. Still doesn't excuse the reaction of some.

Comment

Will Kassouf and Griffin Benger discuss 'the' hand of the 2016 WSOP main event

http://www.espn.com/blog/poker/post/...sop-main-event

Comment

Benger
                                                                                            Based on the coverage I’ve seen, and upon reflection, he isn’t nearly as bad as I thought he was at the time.

Comment

Benger is the nut cunt. His reaction in that hand like he was some sort of poker savant for getting it in with AA vs KK was funny.

Then when the two weasels Vayo and the auld lad are discussing it he snaps at them to not talk about it while he is in a hand. They weren't even talking to him! Major shitehawk he is.

Shower of cunts. I hope Nguyen felts them all.

Comment

Yeah he comes off horrendously to be fair-unless heavily edited was absolutely ZERO abusive remarks passed, check your privilege was utter cringe, literally had to watch it from behind my hands. Easy to say ahh yeah Kassouf is good for the game/character etc, but stalling absolutely isn't and I think that is where most people have a beef and imagine having a guy at your table with the same verbal spew every hand on Day 7 after 12 hours a day and can see why they were all ready to murder him. Still classless.
                                                                                                Rooting for the Asian lad who likes punting and is wearing that ludicrous hat obviously.

Comment

Vayo getting some raw deal of yous

Comment

Vayo is a wankbag. that auld fella is a miserable cunt too. I played with Benger a couple of years ago in the IO. Seemed a nice lad then. Gave me props for a hand i played particularly well. (lost the minimum kk<aa on a q high board ) It's amazing how 7 days of speech and slow play can affect people.

Fuck them if they can't take a joke

Also rooting for the Asian lad for reason stated by jbravado

Comment

Not that anyone watches poker anymore, but if you're looking for something to pass the time until the November 9, i came across this series of Poker After Dark that i don't think ever aired at the time and is probably 7/8 years old but was only uploaded a few months ago. It's a $150k buyin with:

Eli Elezra
                                                                                                      Patrik Antonius
                                                                                                      Alan Meltzer
                                                                                                      Gabe Kaplin
                                                                                                      Viffer Peat
                                                                                                      Tom Dwan

SPOILER
                                                                                                      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a0JT4NuXcv0

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zeeLeZanQVI

Decent enough episodes, and there's also another 5 episodes of the same players after they do a redraw for seats.

If still bored, then the 2nd week's action was Erick Lindgren, Annette Obrestad, Mike Matusow, Phil Hellmuth, Antonio Esfandiari and Phil Laak

Comment

My first time watching any poker in a couple of years (certainly a year). Same auld shit there always was. Lads thinking they are the best thing around because they have some play in them and got lucky. Its gone all Hollywood with no characters anymore. Couldn't give a fuck who wins it to be honest, certainly won't rail it.

As for that Asian lad with the hat, he had the nuts with the AK flush hand and still waited for the other lad to show his hand. Cnut.

Obst folding the flush, LOL.

Comment

...Actually quite looking forward to this tonight...In a way i'm happy that Kassouf didn't make November 9, because I think watching him live for 7/8 hours would be too much pain, not the speech play shite but the constant tanking... That stat Flushdraw posted about 30 seconds average pre flop time is a fucking joke!!!...I'd say it would be about 10 seconds max for me and most amateurs...
                                                                                                          ...But in saying that, it looks like it could be a really dull affair with not much table talk or entertainment to cover the shite hands we see...

...More importantly, what links will people be using to watch it and what time do I set my alarm?...

Comment

...Just looking on Hendon Mob... Gordan Vayo is in decent form, won a $2,500 tournament for nearly 600k last month... And poor Michael Ruane, makes the November 9 and Hendon mob too busy to throw up a picture of him for his profile lol...
                                                                                                            ...I'd love to see Kenny Haellart win it, and really hope Joesphy doesn't...

Comment

Originally posted by luckforsome View Post
                                                                                                              ...More importantly, what links will people be using to watch it and what time do I set my alarm?...

I think the plan is to play down to 6 tonight, and then play down to 3 tomorrow, although that may change depending on how slow/fast the game is going.

Think we're +5 hours so 1.30pm tonight.

You'll 100% get a stream on Twitch tonight. BParis is meant to be doing live commentary on the feed which will be good, but no doubt others will have it up to if you can't find a decent stream.

Twitch is the world's leading video platform and community for gamers.

CAN WE KEEP THIS THREAD SAFE OF LIVE SPOILERS AND ONLY COMMENT AS HANDS HAPPEN ON THE 30 MINUTE DELAY TV FEED PLEASE.

Comment

http://www.tvguide.com/tvshows/world...stings/192200/

I think the plan is to play down to 6 tonight, and then play down to 3 tomorrow, although that may change depending on how slow/fast the game is going.

You'll 100% get a stream on Twitch tonight. BParis is meant to be doing live commentary on the feed which will be good, but no doubt others will have it up to if you can't find a decent stream.

I am a professional MTT player who mostly plays online. I was the second player ever to pass the $10 million mark for career cashes online. Now I stream higher stakes MTT's a couple of times a week on Natural8. Follow me on twitter and YouTube!

CAN WE KEEP THIS THREAD SAFE OF LIVE SPOILERS AND ONLY COMMENT AS HANDS HAPPEN ON THE 30 MINUTE DELAY TV FEED PLEASE.
                                                                                                                ...Cheers, thank you :-)... And definitely agree with keeping it spoiler free!!!...

Comment

On ESPN here in Ireland (Channell 426) the live broadcast starts at 00:30, not sure whether they kick off right away though or they go through interviews, etc. first.
                                                                                                                  "Poker isn’t about default strategies, it’s about exploiting your opponent's bad tendencies"

Comment

Originally posted by ViperEyeIRL View Post
                                                                                                                    On ESPN here in Ireland (Channell 426) the live broadcast starts at 00:30, not sure whether they kick off right away though or they go through interviews, etc. first.
                                                                                                                    Only 4 hours time difference to EST as US does not put clocks back this weekend

Comment

Anyone got a stream?

Comment

Comment

Twitch is the world's leading video platform and community for gamers.

You may need to search twitch with wsop from time to time, as some streams drop off ...

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X