• Time
  • Show
Clear All

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Catch of the year there from Maxwell
      Profit before people.

Comment

Where's the best place to go these days on a Friday night if someone wanted to play live cash for a few hours?

Comment

I want to learn a new language. Can anyone think of progress targets which are measurable enough to settle bets?

Comment

Had a 2 hour class thing in Holles St earlier. Probably about 10 couples and a couple of women solo. Was all about birthing, delivery etc etc

Is it bad that I spent the whole 2 hours making a league table in my head of the women in the room based on hotness and didn't learn a thing (well except that the Slovak beside me was No 1 by a mile)?

At least one other fella was at the exact same thing...

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
              Had a 2 hour class thing in Holles St earlier. Probably about 10 couples and a couple of women solo. Was all about birthing, delivery etc etc

Is it bad that I spent the whole 2 hours making a league table in my head of the women in the room based on hotness and didn't learn a thing (well except that the Slovak beside me was No 1 by a mile)?

At least one other fella was at the exact same thing...
              What did you do with the raging boner when asked to proxy dad for the single women during the breathing exercise?

Comment

Originally posted by thechamp87 View Post
                Where's the best place to go these days on a Friday night if someone wanted to play live cash for a few hours?
                Assume the Fitz. Aquarium for surroundings and being able to booze.
                "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Cocktails this weekend

What is the blind pig like, is it better than VCC?

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
                    I want to learn a new language. Can anyone think of progress targets which are measurable enough to settle bets?
                    Trying this myself using Duolingo (French). It claims I am 25% fluent. Which means I can say useful shit like 'hello, can you plural to me the shop I thank you?'

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                      Catch of the year there from Maxwell
                      Not as good as the one Stokes got at Trent Bridge. It was so good, Broad looked utterly shocked.

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                        Cocktails this weekend

What is the blind pig like, is it better than VCC?
                        I dunno but I hate them already.

All will be revealed once you book! A confirmation email well be sent to your inbox giving you our location, including directions, secret passwords, identity cues and advice to throw off the fuzz! Please note that it is extremely important that you delete our email as soon as possible, because if your caught with it we will all be in a world trouble!

Comment

Comment

Think it's fairly easy to brute force yourself through the levels though so maybe not the best for a bet but can't think of anything better either. Currently at 17% fluency in German and early levels of Swedish.

Comment

From FB, can't tell if this is serious or not

I'm not gonna lie and you all might think not another dope, but I couldn't be more terrified of these Syrians entering our country,all this frightening stuff I'm seeing makes me wonder what hope do we have!!
                              The stuff Im reading is actually making me feel ill, holding my kids close and hoping they're future is a good one,it's an awful way to have to feel
                              Very very scary its making me want to flee my own country!! But clearly nowhere is safe !!
                              The government are corrupted and I don't think a million protests would stop them letting them in, I mean how many Irish need to be killed by people they're not even going to do security checks on before they say hold on this was one big mistake!!
                              Its all money to them Ruth the government are getting paid for each and everyone of them coming here,terrifying!! But if I'm to be totally honest its the Isis that's is really putting the shits up me the things they are threatening is awful!! Xx
                              I don't think it ll go as far as harming civilians however I do think the government and historic landmarks are in trouble,hopefully it won't be the case but it is very scary,a lot of it could just be to blind us of something else happening but even that could be a bonus!!

Also notable contributions from two others to the conversation:

Have to agree were treated better in the UK!!! I believe they are Isis soldiers and I think they drownd that child so that no one would question the refugees if anything it gave them complete sympathy to enter country's.. I think world war 3 is on the way and worse thing is Isis warned the leaders off our country's... But nope it's all about the front and off course money.. I hope all the leaders are holding their no one priority ie money while been murdered under an Isis sword!!! You don't ignore threats u take them on board and try prevent them being followed thru.. That would make sense but nope the fuckin muppets that run the country just let them walk right in!!!
                              That child that "drowned" wasn't real it was staged

Comment

Posted this back in May..

Originally posted by Lazare
                                I got a summons back in November for no tax to appear in February.

Got a letter from the Gardai in January saying that date was postponed as the prosecuting Guard had to be at another case and not to turn up. Letter said I would receive notice of the new date.

I never heard anything more until today I got a fine of €250. The court heard the case on April 24th. I have only until Thursday to appeal it, which I will do.

I'm assuming it's a legal necessity for the court service to inform you of a court date?
                                In court today. The consensus here was I was silly, 'just pay the fine' y'all said.

Struck the fook out. Ship.
                                I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                  Yeah both cocktail places are wankers as far as I know.
                                  Want to know which wanker makes better drinks, and plus I have to keep a hip profile.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                    Not as good as the one Stokes got at Trent Bridge. It was so good, Broad looked utterly shocked.
                                    Dunno I think this tops it, footwork is unreal.

Profit before people.

Comment

This mascot has some serious bants

The Toronto Raptor eats a cheerleader during Half-Time vs. the Nets...good riddance! Original vid.
                                      Go big or go homeless.

Comment

A dodgy cable connection and an Android box that wouldn't play ball tried to keep me from Mr. Robot .

No longer though. Hooked already.

Only 9 more episodes to go.

Comment

Some dregs in that place today.

There was this particulary scroty looking fucker sitting on the bench behind me. His girlfriend walks in and shouts up to him 'Heyor, fella in 44 from Ballyer, says he knows ye, was askin for ye'.

Now, remember, this place is wall to wall Gardai.

He shouts back down to her, 'ah Johnner, did he have any yokes? He always has yokes on him'.

You couldn't make this shit up.

Another lad rocks up to the judge with a football shirt and a pair of shorts on. Judge tipped his glasses, took a look at him and just laughed. As if to say 'are you having a laugh son?'. He says 'I should invent some crime to do you for this'. Judge was a good laugh actually.

Comment

PSV will shit all over himself when he reads that.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                              Posted this back in May..

In court today. The consensus here was I was silly, 'just pay the fine' y'all said.

Struck the fook out. Ship.
                                              Fight the power man. Fuck the guards
                                              airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                Fight the power man. Fuck the guards
                                                The glove didn't fit man.

Comment

Some dregs in that place today.

There was this particulary scroty looking fucker sitting on the bench behind me. His girlfriend walks in and shouts up to him 'Heyor, fella in 44 from Ballyer, says he knows ye, was askin for ye'.

Now, remember, this place is wall to wall Gardai.

He shouts back down to her, 'ah Johnner, did he have any yokes? He always has yokes on him'.

You couldn't make this shit up.

Another lad rocks up to the judge with a football shirt and a pair of shorts on. Judge tipped his glasses, took a look at him and just laughed. As if to say 'are you having a laugh son?'. He says 'I should invent some crime to do you for this'. Judge was a good laugh actually.
                                                  Different world. I walked by there yesterday and heard a lad on the phone to one of his mates. "I'm fucked, def gonna get 3 and it could well be 6 (not sure but presume he meant months". Then he says as he laughs his arse off "Cry me a river, wha".

I actually LOL'ed and he gave me a "sure what can you do" look.

Comment

PSV will shit all over himself when he reads that.
                                                    First thing I thought of. Pray for PSV.

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
                                                      Do it with one of the language groups in Dublin. Institute de Cervantes or alliance Francais. They have specific courses with measured/examined standards at the end. Good for gambling but also useful for CV in the future.
                                                      ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Originally posted by Jam-Fly View Post
                                                        Anyone any ideas about the best way for one to go about getting tickets for the 2016 Champions League final?
                                                        There is an open application around March every year, details on the UEFA website at the time. Obviously it will be oversubscribed but its your best chance (assuming you aren't a season ticket holder of a likely finalist).

Comment

Learn Eskimo.

You'll be able to get yourself a better price.

Prop bets aren't fun unless they're completely pointless.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                            Did the cliff walk around Howth for first time today, absolutely spectacular stuff.
                                                            Thinking of doing Greystones to Bray tomorrow if weather holds, is it a similar thing or just a disappointment by comparision.
                                                            Yep, not as good, really just a slighly difficult footpath connecting the two villages with some decent views whereas Howth gives you the illusion that you've done a bit of trekking and intrepid mountaineering to get through it.
                                                            I managed to get it finished and onto the the Dart in Bray just as the rain started which was nice.

Comment

Big upset in the ladies there, serena beaten by an unseeded in semi's
                                                              Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                                                Yeah both cocktail places are wankers as far as I know.
                                                                Want to know which wanker makes better drinks, and plus I have to keep a hip profile.
                                                                Liquor Rooms. VCC sounds so retarded it's painful.
                                                                X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                  Yeah Duolingo is great, and trackable from bet perspective (you reach various levels based on practice). Was no use for first few months here, but in last week or two has exploded to near fluency. Wife did half the course, while I did the full thing (level 15 - a handy enough bet marker), and there's a massive chasm of understanding / ability to speak.
                                                                  I think I see their cunning plan - you tick something off and then it keeps popping back up for 'strengthening' it until you get so pissed off that you nail it 100% every time.

For a free app, it's great. I find it better than Rosetta Stone.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                                    Dunno I think this tops it, footwork is unreal.

ah, I could see myself doing that (on a good day, maybe 3 times out of 10 )

whereas this, I wouldn't even have moved

made even better by the way he runs into the short leg afterwards and knocks him over

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                                                      anybody going to Leopardstown or the Curragh over the weekend and in need of a ticket?
                                                                      possibly the former but awaiting clearance for take-off so don't hold it for me

Comment

Speaking of Leops, will Coolmore be whipping Gleneagles out yet again?

Comment

Originally posted by mdoug View Post
                                                                          Big upset in the ladies there, serena beaten by an unseeded in semi's
                                                                          Two 30 something Italians who've never made it past the Quarter Finals in previous majors contest the final. You'd have to call shenanigans on that...
                                                                          Profit before people.

Comment

decent game as Gaeilge on TG4, Connacht coming back really strong now

Comment

At a Ryan Sheridan gig. Warm up act was called I'm your vinyl. Not my cup of tea but a few here might enjoy them.

Comment

...

Comment

il have one for you - text/call me
                                                                                  will do, mrs DIII on the piss tonight which might mitigate against me

Comment

decent game as Gaeilge on TG4, Connacht coming back really strong now
                                                                                    1 point down with 3 mins to go having been 6-30 down just after half-time. Some showing away to the League champions.

Comment

Good banter out of this airbnb request

'Hello! How are you?

My name is Rodrigo and I am looking for a nice and chill house to accomodate people from Brazil that are from a serious shamanic-holistic centre called A Casa de Kuan Yin. The main goal of the house is to host three shamanic ceremonies with around 25 people, which would be on these times:

25/09: 2pm-7pm
                                                                                      26/09: 8pm-1am
                                                                                      27/09: 4pm-9pm

These are really serious meditation rituals that use this kind of natural medicine to enlighten and help all spirits.

The group would like to have a respectful and relaxed space, don't mind sharing rooms and don't need much, they will only really need a communal space for the ritual. I also need to say that sometimes they use drums and sing songs, so you should know if this can disturb neighbors.

You can take a look at the website acasadekuanyin (it's easy to find on the web), and also there's this video with subtitles in English where they are talking about their work: the address is utube bar Zg6_XyNIXGk

I am a friend of them who lives here in Dublin and could go to your place to see the room and introduce myself to you. Are you interested in helping us?

My email is rocamposluz at a gooogl mail.

Cheers!

Rodrigocamposluz'
                                                                                      Sadly I had to say no to Brazilian hotspur.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                                        Read an article before on the concept: called gamifying. Essentially if you turn things into a game people love it. Corrolary was to kids mitching school to play rather complex PC games. They are missing school in order to engage in much more complex intellectual exercises, in the form of games, than they would cover in school. Conclusion being that it's not that these are dodgy students, but instead that the process of school learning is messed up.
                                                                                        Reminds me of this sort of thing too - http://www.theguardian.com/technolog...ggest-problems

Comment

1 point down with 3 mins to go having been 6-30 down just after half-time. Some showing away to the League champions.
                                                                                          Glasow missing a swathe of internationals.
                                                                                          Conn need make hay while the world cup is on shambolic first half could have snatched it though.

Comment

Originally posted by Sickpuppy View Post
                                                                                            Glasow missing a swathe of internationals.
                                                                                            Conn need make hay while the world cup is on shambolic first half could have snatched it though.
                                                                                            yeah, good to watch though. The sort of game where you end up thinking Fionn Carr is a decent player.

Comment

yeah, good to watch though. The sort of game where you end up thinking Fionn Carr is a decent player.
                                                                                              He has his moments most of his good ones were for connacht.

Comment

From FB, can't tell if this is serious or not

Also notable contributions from two others to the conversation:

WTF has wrong in your life that you get to see that kinda shit
                                                                                                Turning millions into thousands

Comment

anybody going to Leopardstown or the Curragh over the weekend and in need of a ticket?
                                                                                                  No2 daughter was looking for one or two for the curragh on Sunday if she's not working... She won't know till tonight out tomorrow. Will I get her to ping you on fb if she wants them?

Comment

He is.

Comment

I always assumed everyone experienced asparagus piss, this is a great article.

Science, love the way it's still a mystery.

Comment

airport, lol

Comment

lol, beautiful.

Comment

Putting Lazare on retainer.

Comment

lol, beautiful.
                                                                                                              The Russian police, stern, stern but fair.
                                                                                                              airport, lol

Comment

Ryan Sheridan is class.

Comment

Noel, myself and the missus are heading to Leopardstown tomorrow, if you've any more tickets available?

Comment

Terrible defence, needs to improve a lot. On a more positive note Jack Carty has come on a ton at 10 & Rory Paretta has made an impressive start at 13. Need Jake Heenan back badly tho.

Comment

...Women=Fuck them...that is all...

Comment

Originally posted by luckforsome View Post
                                                                                                                        That's the aim alright m8
                                                                                                                        Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Originally posted by luckforsome View Post
                                                                                                                          Go on then, spill it
                                                                                                                          airport, lol

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X