Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

plo river call?

2/5 live plo game 7 handed, ef stacks 1k

couple of limpers, i limp the button w AA62r. SB (gambly/fishy middle-aged asian) pots for 30 and I'm the only caller.

Flop(75) AsQs7h ck/50/call
    Turn (175) 9d ck/125/call
    River (425) 4s and he leads for 225

so the flush gets there and i'm getting 3/1?

i would fold unless other live factors say otherwise

Comment

Re-pot pre-flop, make as expensive as possible with ace and flush draw on flop on both flop and turn.

Crying call as played imo.

Comment

Originally posted by *PocketRockets* View Post
        Re-pot pre-flop, make as expensive as possible with ace and flush draw on flop on both flop and turn.

Crying call as played imo.
        Wouldn't repot pre

Was it the guy who was playing holdem with us and moved to Omaha?

Could easily just have QQ with the Ks blocker and firing the river in a semi bluff. Tbh your hand does kinda look played face up. Sigh call but I'm a station and fairly new to Omaha. Surely more people know Omaha who can give thoughts
        Redbet at the Dublin Poker Invasion FTW

Comment

Definitely don't like your bet sizing in the hand.
          I'd repop pre, nothing really wrong with the flat but you have position & if your inflating pre with Aces then its a PLO situation where position is most premium.
          On that flop if I'm getting as much money in as possible so FULL POT every time.

As played its close, I guess against a "gambly/fishy middle aged asian" I'd lean towards a fold but i dunno.

Comment

Fold river. All streets look good to me. If he has QQ he I leading flop. He has to have min of gutshot with fd to call flop given board so pricing/betting is about right. It's right as long as you fold when he gets there. If he has KJ10 no spades then its a great bet that you can't call, but he doesn't sound like the type to do that.

Comment

pot pre, pot flop, pot turn.

Comment

Interested to hear how often people think he has the nuts here?
                I would suggest very seldom, possibly the nut blocker alright but if its the guy I'm thinking of he pots the nut blocker on the river.

He potted it pre and checks after flopping the nut flush draw? Not very likely imo.

It's more likly he has a weak flush and its either a fold or shove for me.
                twitter
                moneybookers

Comment

I naturally read the HH wrong and just thought he was barrelling. Shove
                  Redbet at the Dublin Poker Invasion FTW

Comment

Originally posted by BallymoreChris View Post
                    I would suggest very seldom, possibly the nut blocker alright but if its the guy I'm thinking of he pots the nut blocker on the river.

He potted it pre and checks after flopping the nut flush draw? Not very likely imo.

I think if hes a gambley fishy type he is never folding a flush.
                    He sees a flush and wont fold it he has it.
                    Agree with Arazi id be potting flop and turn unless id nut flush draw too bare top set pot the balls outta it.

Comment

Yeah I considered saying that Shove was an option but against the description given I think it would be bad.

Comment

If you raise on the river he calls you with shit hands, unfortunately these hands beat you

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                          pot pre, pot flop, pot turn.
                          Are you suggesting potting it after limping from the button? I'm all for potting when given our first option but after limping in I think we are turning or hand face up pretty deep if we pot it then.

About a third of the time at a guess. Another 20-40% of the time he'll have the 2nd nuts and not fold to a re-raise on the river. All guesswork but don't see him folding to a re-raise on river often enough for it to be worthwhile for us. Betting 225 into 445 on the river looks like value betting rather than bluffing (and he could be value betting any flush, not just nuts).

Comment

Pot, don't limp. Yeah he could have any flush n the river and tbh he'd probably call with any of them.

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                              Pot, don't limp.
                              But this is an 'I limped the button with aces' thread

Comment

I'd fold river. Arguments for raising if you have seen him bet fold to pressure with medium strength hands as his range seems capped at a non nut flush. He would most likely bet nut flush draws on the flop deep with a "gambly/fishy middle-aged asian" image. Also if he does not like folding and likes bluffing there are some Axxx KJTx hands which he would turn into a bluff. Very few villains fit this bill though and his sizing indicates a value hand imo!
                                Last edited by Degenerate88; 16-04-13, 11:04.

Comment

I think in this situation if you feel that he has a flush then you should fold and ignore your 3/1.
                                  If you're not in, you can't win

Comment

No idea why you wouldn't raise when it comes to you origionally, limp re potting and only getting 100 in is terrible of course. River's a fold imo, I'd agree that he has lower flushs more than nut but still not much interest trying to get him to fold them.

Comment

Also how is hand face up ! he limp called the button with Aces, it's as disguised as possible!

Comment

Originally posted by smoothcall View Post
                                        Also how is hand face up ! he limp called the button with Aces, it's as disguised as possible!
                                        I said his hand would be face-up if he re-pots pre-flop after the SB pots it. Very different to if he limp-calls.

Comment

Sorry to hijack, wanted to know opinions on how I played a hand last night and not really worthy of a thread.

I'm playing a live cash game last night, want to know if anyone does anything any differently.

€1/€2 PLO, €100 behind.

A A 7 3

€5 straddle, two limpers.

I pot to €30, two callers OOP to me.

Flop 6 9 9

Two checks, to me. I go all in.

Right or wrong play?

Comment

Perfect play given your stack size. Unlucky if someone has a 9
                                            If you're not in, you can't win

Comment

As played you've got to call the river, crying, but still a call

I don't understand why if the fish is trying his best to get his money into the pot you don't raise the turn, even min raise and try to provoke a reaction, regardess of the flush draw he may be on, he plays queens in this exact manner (if hes really fishy probably two pair as well), may as well charge him to hit?

Comment

Originally posted by *PocketRockets* View Post
                                                Sorry to hijack, wanted to know opinions on how I played a hand last night and not really worthy of a thread.

I'm playing a live cash game last night, want to know if anyone does anything any differently.

€1/€2 PLO, €100 behind.

A A 7 3

€5 straddle, two limpers.

I pot to €30, two callers OOP to me.

Flop 6 9 9

Two checks, to me. I go all in.

Right or wrong play?
                                                you're playing too shallow in a 1/2/5 game to discuss strategy
                                                you have no option but to put them in, IMHO

Comment

*post flop strategy

Comment

pot flop and turn he can't call, first hand on post

Comment

Working...
                                                    X