X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sunday Million hand

Take it to bits

Villan playing 35/20/2 over 50 hands.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, 215 Tournament, 100/200 Blinds (9 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

saw flop | saw showdown

SB (t14566)
    BB (t3375)
    UTG (t9075)
    UTG+1 (t9450)
    Hero (MP1) (t10215)
    MP2 (t8923)
    MP3 (t10480)
    CO (t10559)
    Button (t3982)

Hero's M: 34.05

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with 7, 7
    1 fold, UTG+1 calls t200, Hero calls t200, 5 folds, BB checks

Flop: (t700) J, 7, K (3 players)
    BB checks, UTG+1 bets t400, Hero raises to t930, 1 fold, UTG+1 calls t530

Turn: (t2560) Q (2 players)
    UTG+1 checks, Hero checks

River: (t2560) 3 (2 players)
    UTG+1 bets t1500, Hero folds

Total pot: t2560

Results:
    UTG+1 didn't show
    Outcome: UTG+1 won t2560
    One of these days I am either going to quit poker or learn how to play the damn game

Pre I make it 480 to try isolate utg+1 with position.

Raise on flop fine, maybe make it a little over 1k for the extra psychological factor.

I fire turn, around 1,500

As played I call the river.

I think he has KQ/KJ alot of the time
    You see Billy it's like this, you either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked

Comment

I like to make it about 1100 minimum on the flop. I'm firing the turn again always because we can't be afraid of A10,109 or a bigger set.

I think i still call the river as played

Comment

i agree with flushdraw on this one.......

would love to know what he had now........

Comment

I would raise more on the flop, prob 1150 or there abouts(v drawy board).

The turn is essentially a blank and if it improved villain's hand it is more likely to have given him two pair or one pair+draw rather than a made straight which he'll almost never have with the action on the flop. Bet turn and if the diamond comes hope he checks it so you can.

The river is close as played imo. I do think that it is the correct fold however. It looks like a value bet and he got there. It would want to be a ridiculously good bluff since most hands that we beat would be check/calling, especially with checking on the turn. Checking the turn here nearly makes our hand look like a flush draw so villain is rarely leading without the goods imo.

Comment

pre is fine,

your flop raise sizing i like more if it ended like 948 or 939 it makes the pot harder to read and can confuse your opponent and makes you look more like a spaz and induce things,

if i raise the flop small like you do i'm firing every turn bar a diamond, around 1599-2199 range,

as played i call the river as he can turn up with worse cause your hand is way underrepped
            http://drjff.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Reaps View Post
              Pre I make it 480 to try isolate utg+1 with position.

Raise on flop fine, maybe make it a little over 1k for the extra psychological factor.
              I agree that we need to raise more, but not because of some psychological factor, or to look like a spaz. Raise more simply for value.

Fire turn always. There is never a bigger set there, and we can fear the nuts, and even so we have plenty of outs.

River is an easy ehough call considering from his point of view, you raised a c-bet and gave up.

Comment

Why did you check the turn?
                Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
                  Why did you check the turn?
                  Because I put him on Ax with a high kicker and then talked myself into the fact that he had a flush or a straight,
                  One of these days I am either going to quit poker or learn how to play the damn game

Comment

will add constructive comments later.

but wtf are you doing you nutcase!!!!! jesus thats tilting to read a hand played so badly. again I have to post after a hand you post and ask: have you learnt nothing?!?!

Comment

Pre is fine, flop raise is too low, I'd go to 1100-1200. Bet about 60% pot on turn. As played call river 100% of the time.

Comment

Originally posted by 30something View Post
                        Because I put him on Ax with a high kicker and then talked myself into the fact that he had a flush or a straight,
                        Bit of MUTBS going on there. I might call a shove on the river against an active villain, criminal fold now.

Comment

Now for something constructive although I'm not sure you'll pay any attention...

Overlimping there pre is ok, but raising to iso is good too.
                          Raises sizing on flop is horrendous. Absolutely atrocious. You want to try getting stacks in and this sizing only achieves to give him great odds if he has a draw and ensures if he has a weaker hand he may not pay you off for a whole stack which he might have if you raised properly.
                          Checking back the turn in beyond nonsensical. I can't think of any good reason, nothing at all. Bet the turn, about 3/4 pot.
                          River fold is again incomprehensible I mean jesus if he peeled flop with top pair vs your shitty raise he's going to think its the nuts now and bet for value after you check back the turn. Easiest call ever. Raise-folding is better than folding.

Only street you can argue you played well was preflop.

Harsh but constructive.

Comment

I would raise pre with 77,always, such a small price on the river.. insta call...

Comment

Cheers for feedback,

This is the perfect hand for getting stacks in, I agree.

Pre-flop I'm 50/50 on calling or raising here, I was just that bit early in pos to raise.

I am trying to remember why I raised so small on the flop - criminally bad - I agree.

There is definately MUTBS when the turn comes, this explains the river fold also.
                              I've been running terrible (not just playing terrible) and I was so sick of losing stacks to river beats that I talked myself into him having AT on the turn and ATd on the river!

@cardshark - please don't think you are wasting your time - your input is taken on board, it is just that every so often I need reminding.

Prologue: managed to cash even though the stack was below 4k at the 200/400 level

Comment

Was gonna post something like cardshark's, cos that turn tilts me an indordinate amount!
                                Foldaramus et foldarabimus

Comment

Working...
                                X