Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

IPB Hero Our Conor Memorial Thread - (Horses Betting Obv)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Really did not want these two late non runners
    Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
      Really did not want these two late non runners
      shady enough, there was a lot of "bad ew" around earlier today, I'd imagine there's many an ew acc running up onto this

Comment

Originally posted by nicnicnic View Post
        shady enough, there was a lot of "bad ew" around earlier today, I'd imagine there's many an ew acc running up onto this
        Yeah same trainer who had runners earlier and later in the card decides to pull 2 horses late on a standard surface.
        Profit before people.

Comment

365 are 1/4 odds 5 places NRNB on the National

Comment

Originally posted by nicnicnic View Post
            365 are 1/4 odds 5 places NRNB on the National
            W Mullins Prince de Beauchane will win.

Comment

Tracker

Spillway (Kempton 14.20) got beaten last time by a neck. Competitive races. 9/4 is ok but won't be going mad

Kilmainham (Navan 15.15) been running well lately and is a bet to nothing. Last run is encouraging but elliot and lambe have fancied runners too.
              Jayzus, Sheila! I forgot me feckin' trousers

Comment

Mr Goodenough has a decent ew chance in Navan today.
                Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                  Mr Goodenough has a decent ew chance in Navan today.
                  backed into 6s from 12s

Comment

Ugh! travelling at least as well as anything else in the race when he got brought down.

Comment

re the grand national a sky news report broadcast on the 26th feb,changes to the fences & landing ground this year.

Colbert Station @ 16s for jp fits most of the trends.
                      Mattie McGrath wanna-be

Comment

just having a small e/w on the seamus mullins trained Brunettesonly in the last (4.30) in exeter,looks well treated on old form at least,worth a little poke of 20 e/w @ 14/1 (in from 16s)and wouldn't back at less than 12s tbh in this field given recent form.
                        Mattie McGrath wanna-be

Comment

Originally posted by amberleaf View Post
                          just having a small e/w on the seamus mullins trained Brunettesonly in the last (4.30) in exeter,looks well treated on old form at least,worth a little poke of 20 e/w @ 14/1 (in from 16s)and wouldn't back at less than 12s tbh in this field given recent form.
                          Great call

Comment

lol,just saw it there for the first time,thornton was like a cat on a scissors getting the horse home but sur they all count,a few nice looking handicaps in cork tomorrow might be a little value at working mans odds to be got.not much across the pond today,just going for a unoriginal fiver trixie with Safran De Cotte (haydock 4.20),I Am Colin in the bumper in warwick & Taglietelle (kempton 7.15) pays about 220 for my score investment if they all happen to turn up.good luck all.
                            Mattie McGrath wanna-be

Comment

Tracker

RUSSIAN ICE (Kempton 20.45) didn't have a clear passage LTO but was still only a 1L behind the winner. 4/1 is not great and was expecting 11/2 or better. Suppose its a bet to nothing but won't be giving too much back

Comment

Buzzing for the return of the flat this weekend. Aiden sending out some of his crop of 2 year olds at the Curragh on Sunday, bit of murmuring that Craftsman could be a bit special. Was a sunny springs day last year when we saw the emergence of $$$ machine Dawn Approach in that race, would be exciting if something kicks off the season in similar fashion.
                                Profit before people.

Comment

notice that edward o'grady has just the one runner tomorrow with Acapulco in the 4.30 cork,a hcp hdl over 3 miles.Acapulco looked a decent sort before being brought down 14 odd months ago,made his come back at the end of last year finishing well down the field and again well down the field next time.but showed improvement last time splitting a few decent horses finishing second over distance on s/h.has geraghty booked for the first time(geraghty has just one other booking at the meeting)the 116 rating looks fair with reference to Hellyhunter at the time,stable form is poor with 61 runners and 122 days since they had a winner,but at 9/1 give it 20 e/w with more improvement likely.and will have to improve a bit to land a blow in this company but with jockey bookings,distance & going in his favor just about backable at the odds imo.

hmmm looks like a few quid falling for I.S. in this,down to a good mark and jockey 3 from 4.worth a nibble,cheers tob.
                                  Last edited by amberleaf; 21-03-13, 10:11.
                                  Mattie McGrath wanna-be

Comment

notice that edward o'grady has just the one runner tomorrow with Acapulco in the 4.30 cork,a hcp hdl over 3 miles.Acapulco looked a decent sort before being brought down 14 odd months ago,made his come back at the end of last year finishing well down the field and again well down the field next time.but showed improvement last time splitting a few decent horses finishing second over distance on s/h.has geraghty booked for the first time(geraghty has just one other booking at the meeting)the 116 rating looks fair with reference to Hellyhunter at the time,stable form is poor with 61 runners and 122 days since they had a winner,but at 9/1 give it 20 e/w with more improvement likely.and will have to improve a bit to land a blow in this company but with jockey bookings,distance & going in his favor just about backable at the odds imo.

hmmm looks like a few quid falling for I.S. in this,down to a good mark and jockey 3 from 4.worth a nibble,cheers tob.
                                    nice 1
                                    Even a stopped clock is right twice a day.

Comment

just having a small e/w on the seamus mullins trained Brunettesonly in the last (4.30) in exeter.
                                      notice that edward o'grady has just the one runner tomorrow with Acapulco in the 4.30 cork,a hcp hdl over 3 miles..
                                      12/1 tuesday, 7/1 today?...hope your wearing sun screen, the heat of you is dangerous..
                                      ps, Thanks

Comment

They don't get much filthier than the 6.30 in Kempton tonight - 8 runners with a 1/6 fave. Just after punting my guts out in local independent offering 1/4 the odds a place on all manner of e/w doubles and trebles etc (with the bumper from Cork and 7.00 from Kempton).

It really is guaranteed profit in the long run.

Comment

Originally posted by mcnugget View Post
                                          They don't get much filthier than the 6.30 in Kempton tonight - 8 runners with a 1/6 fave. Just after punting my guts out in local independent offering 1/4 the odds a place on all manner of e/w doubles and trebles etc (with the bumper from Cork and 7.00 from Kempton).

It really is guaranteed profit in the long run.
                                          *awaits inevitable non-runner to bring it to 7*

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                            yup,that was the bet alright,fav wins, horse 2 withdrawn, 2 places paid ..

Comment

Originally posted by underachievement View Post
                                              yup,that was the bet alright,fav wins, horse 2 withdrawn, 2 places paid ..
                                              Going was probably too soft

Comment

nice shout again, i see o gradys unoccupied went off fav in the race, presumed you copped he had a 2nd runner , would it have affected your decision when picking acapulco at the time??
                                                wp again

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                  Lol yeah always some rag to come along and throw a spanner in the works. Stll made a profit overall and was sweating the second favourite the whole way up the straight (touched 1.3 in running) to click a nice double. Bar the withdrawn runner you are getting 7/4 on a 4/7 shot.

Comment

Originally posted by luckforsome View Post
                                                    12/1 tuesday, 7/1 today?...hope your wearing sun screen, the heat of you is dangerous..
                                                    ps, Thanks
                                                    mem,thats the way it goes,could go weeks with out a winner,then a few come in over a few days,hopefully have a few quid more then i started with at the end of it all when the dust settles.

Originally posted by underachievement View Post
                                                    nice shout again, i see o gradys unoccupied went off fav in the race, presumed you copped he had a 2nd runner , would it have affected your decision when picking acapulco at the time??
                                                    wp again
                                                    Unoccupied is trained by eoghan O'Grady who is based in mallow,Acapulco is trained by edward O'grady who is based in thurles.Edward said yesterday that Acapulco had leg trouble which they obviously solved,could be a little more to come from him.never knew that it was edward O'grady trained the first Cheltenham winner for j p mcmanus.at the time j p was on verge of packing up the horses but that win kept the show on the road.
                                                    Mattie McGrath wanna-be

Comment

Another win for Black Caviar, never gets boring, she's just a joy to watch.

Comment

fiver trixie for me today with Panama Cat in the 7.00 Wolverhampton,Tooreen Legend in the 6.20 fundalk & New Academy in the bumper in sedgefield(breeding suggests could/might go well on heavy going)pays about 820 for the score if they all happen to turn up

had a good look at the Lincoln in doncaster (tomorrow 3.50 if it goes ahead,isp. at 12 noon today),the darts landed on Strictly Silver @ 11/1 & Lahaag @ 8/1,both worth a little e/w nibble imo,probably better waiting until later to see what the story is with the places paid,as of now all firms paying 4 places.

edit.inspection for doncaster now at 6am.
                                                        Last edited by amberleaf; 22-03-13, 12:16.
                                                        Mattie McGrath wanna-be

Comment

3:30 Newbury - Loch Ba

Making a quick reappearance after his unseating at Cheltenham.

Won at the course in January by 8 lengths over 3 miles.

McCoy up for the first the time.

11/2 at the moment with Skybet.

Comment

gowran,kelso,stratford,bangor & doncaster all gone so far to day,newbury & southwell the only meetings left(newbury has a 10 am inspection)

in the flat race over 2 miles,(4.40)like Wilde Blue Yonder @ 3/1,was a head second to purple bay who went on to run a cracker in the champion bumper finishing fifth behind Briar Hill,for a small bet.
                                                            Mattie McGrath wanna-be

Comment

gowran,kelso,stratford,bangor & doncaster all gone so far to day,newbury & southwell the only meetings left(newbury has a 10 am inspection)
                                                              Newbury is gone already. Too much snow.

in the flat race over 2 miles,(4.40)like Wilde Blue Yonder @ 3/1,was a head second to purple bay who went on to run a cracker in the champion bumper finishing fifth behind Briar Hill,for a small bet.
                                                              I know a member of the syndicate that own this. Good ground next time and it will win.

Comment

mem,thats the way it goes,could go weeks with out a winner,then a few come in over a few days,hopefully have a few quid more then i started with at the end of it all when the dust settles.

Unoccupied is trained by eoghan O'Grady who is based in mallow,Acapulco is trained by edward O'grady who is based in thurles.Edward said yesterday that Acapulco had leg trouble which they obviously solved,could be a little more to come from him.never knew that it was edward O'grady trained the first Cheltenham winner for j p mcmanus.at the time j p was on verge of packing up the horses but that win kept the show on the road.
                                                                ahhhh,that makes sense, another E O' Grady on the race card to confuse matters. cheers

Comment

Buy early and buy big on Shea Shea for the sprint race at the Dubai world cup meeting next weekend. All in type job at 7/4.
                                                                  Profit before people.

Comment

Tracker

GUARDS CHAPEL (Lingfield 15.10) admirably consistent...got stuck in last day when at short odds...race wasn't run to suit....Got burnt.. By no means a gimme today...very competitive race. Ryan Moore (big fan boy) on today so going to have a small bet @4's and see what happens. GL me

Comment

Originally posted by Pat Mustard View Post
                                                                      Tracker

GUARDS CHAPEL (Lingfield 15.10) admirably consistent...got stuck in last day when at short odds...race wasn't run to suit....Got burnt.. By no means a gimme today...very competitive race. Ryan Moore (big fan boy) on today so going to have a small bet @4's and see what happens. GL me
                                                                      backed into 6/4 fav but still couldnt get the job done, wasn't looking at the races or prices today..could have easily laid it off even though it wasn't much

Comment

Nice start to the flat season for Mr Bolger.

Comment

Originally posted by wicklowp View Post
                                                                          Nice start to the flat season for Mr Bolger.
                                                                          nice start for johnny murtagh,only ride of the day for a 60k pot in the lincolnshire with nice bit in hand.
                                                                          Mattie McGrath wanna-be

Comment

tenner e/w on Sannibel in the 3.10 lingfield,best price now 15/2 with 7/1 with most firms (in from 12s).has robert tart on board again today(finished a very close second on two previous rides on the horse over course and distance)hopefully all 8 horses will stand their ground for each way Purposes.
                                                                            Mattie McGrath wanna-be

Comment

Buy early and buy big on Shea Shea for the sprint race at the Dubai world cup meeting next weekend. All in type job at 7/4.
                                                                              FYI he is 2/1 with Racebets

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
                                                                                Has drifted all over the place, opened at 5/4 with B365, now 7/4 most places.

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
                                                                                  That was 7/4 when I left work on Sunday evening, and I'm not back in until Wed. A worthy favourite in my opinion and I will be asking questions why we are going clear top price tomorrow afternoon

Comment

I mean he broke the track record despite easing down for the last half furlong, 5 furlong division has been so weak last few years too so it's not stellar opposition he'll be facing. If he breaks decent I can't see any other result.
                                                                                    Profit before people.

Comment

here a video of the Meydan Sprint ran on the 9th of march,Shea Shea flies home.its worth watching a few times,watch the ride murtagh gives sole power(from stall 6),looks very much Premeditated to get as close as possible to shea shea,soumillon presses the button and thats that,sole powers reaction to shea sheas gears wasn't the quickest but at least matches ss pace(all be it 3 lengths behind),sole power is entitled to come on for that run,be a little sharper,think the draw could be a major factor in this,reckon sole power could be a lot closer next weekend.

Mattie McGrath wanna-be

Comment

notice seamus mullins has 3 out today in fontwell,The Informant in the 2.10 worth a little each way @ 14s,won at the track in a bumper late last year over 14 furlongs,before finishing a well back 3rd in a mh next time,breeding suggests that todays trip will be ok with Belle Rose winning over 2m4f,jockey booking a plus,worth no more than a score e/w for me at the odds.good luck all.
                                                                                        Mattie McGrath wanna-be

Comment

here a video of the Meydan Sprint ran on the 9th of march,Shea Shea flies home.its worth watching a few times,watch the ride murtagh gives sole power(from stall 6),looks very much Premeditated to get as close as possible to shea shea,soumillon presses the button and thats that,sole powers reaction to shea sheas gears wasn't the quickest but at least matches ss pace(all be it 3 lengths behind),sole power is entitled to come on for that run,be a little sharper,think the draw could be a major factor in this,reckon sole power could be a lot closer next weekend.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJ0oNJyO2No
                                                                                          It was a super race ride from Soumillon, caught Murtagh off guard.
                                                                                          Still think Shea Shea has plenty in hand too and I would not be punting a reverse.
                                                                                          To accumulate enduring wealth, do not lend to grasshoppers.

Comment

Anyone care to guesstimate a tissue for this before the market is made?

Get today's racecards for horse racing in Ireland, the UK and overseas featuring in-depth data, form, betting odds, tips and expert analysis.

Comment

Anyone care to guesstimate a tissue for this before the market is made?

http://www.irishracing.com/cards/Fai...2013_2_25.html
                                                                                              This was done in literally 5 minutes so I could be way off!! Very unlikely WPM runs all 4 anyway. Assuming soft.

Annie Power 11/8
                                                                                              Zuzka 5/1
                                                                                              Glens Melody 11/2
                                                                                              Missunited 8/1
                                                                                              Unika La Reconce 9/1
                                                                                              JJ 12/1
                                                                                              Top Madam 20/1

Comment

Had been hoping for 7-9 non Mullins runners.
                                                                                                Glens would be the one that I'd see as the real danger to Annie Power
                                                                                                I see he still has her, along with 10 others , entered in the grade2 as well.
                                                                                                Interesting that he's left the other Ricci horse in, could be for pace or they might be wary of risking Annie over the distance on the ground.

Comment

Had been hoping for 7-9 non Mullins runners.
                                                                                                  Glens would be the one that I'd see as the real danger to Annie Power
                                                                                                  I see he still has her, along with 10 others , entered in the grade2 as well.
                                                                                                  Interesting that he's left the other Ricci horse in, could be for pace or they might be wary of risking Annie over the distance on the ground.
                                                                                                  My old friend Mala Beach down for the G2 also. If the weather is acceptable, I may take a spin out on Sunday.
                                                                                                  "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

see that dandy nicholls is sending over Inxile to contest the listed cork stakes again over 6 furlongs next sat.he has some record in ireland with the horse running 11 times,7 wins & 2 place efforts,won this a few years ago and is stopping off here on the way home from Meydan after finishing a 2.75 length sixth in a 640k handicap.also notice I.S. holds a entry on sunday in a hcp over 2m3f.

stuck 20 each way on Leac An Scail @ 7/1 in the 4.30 wetherby(8 runners),rarely runs a bad one at this level,but then again rarely wins at the same time,jockey unseated twice in the last 3 runs a concern but looks fairly treated with a rating of 115,ran a cracker in cheltenham last year and anything close to that could well be good enough,pays your money and takes your chance jobbie about it.good luck all.
                                                                                                    Mattie McGrath wanna-be

Comment

stuck 20 each way on Leac An Scail @ 7/1 in the 4.30 wetherby(8 runners),rarely runs a bad one at this level,but then again rarely wins at the same time,jockey unseated twice in the last 3 runs a concern but looks fairly treated with a rating of 115,ran a cracker in cheltenham last year and anything close to that could well be good enough,pays your money and takes your chance jobbie about it.good luck all.
                                                                                                      10/1 6 runners
                                                                                                      People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                                      Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                                      https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                                                                                        Eagle Regiment, 2nd Fav behind Shea Shea, is a non runner with a bruised foot.
                                                                                                        Shite. Antepost bet down the toilet.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                                                          10/1 6 runners
                                                                                                          uuugh,not good,who are the non runners?
                                                                                                          Mattie McGrath wanna-be

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                                                                                            Eagle Regiment, 2nd Fav behind Shea Shea, is a non runner with a bruised foot.
                                                                                                            Any link to this info?

All I have heard yesterday afternoon was - ERA vets reports that EAGLE REGIMENT (AL QUOZ SPRINT) has a left fore hoof problem, is undergoing Veterinary treatment and has improved.

Cheers

Comment

Btw the draw for the race was done early Monday for anyone wondering. Sole Power out 2nd from the stands rail, Shea Shea in 7, ideally would have preffered it to be a couple of stalls higher but on the positive side is next to Varsity in 6 who will arguabley show the most speed early on and make the pace, I expect Cristophe to slip stream him until about 2 out.
                                                                                                              Profit before people.

Comment

Btw the draw for the race was done early Monday for anyone wondering. Sole Power out 2nd from the stands rail, Shea Shea in 7, ideally would have preffered it to be a couple of stalls higher but on the positive side is next to Varsity in 6 who will arguabley show the most speed early on and make the pace, I expect Cristophe to slip stream him until about 2 out.
                                                                                                                could mean that sole power will be a more straight forward ride,up more with the pace perhaps,will sp be good enough in any case?seemed to take a age to get into top gear in the meydan sprint,anyways old news at this stage but found this on the south china morning post re Eagle Regiment,still fairly solid on oc @ 5s,ss best price @ 11/8 with sp @ 7s(with the odd splash of blue)

Another Dubai mission is turning to disaster for Manfred Man Ka-leung's injury-prone sprinter Eagle Regiment, who is battling lameness and seems in severe doubt to take his place in Saturday's Al Quoz Sprint. ...
                                                                                                                Mattie McGrath wanna-be

Comment

small double for me today with Tooreen Legend @ 13/8 in the 6.20 in fundalk,raced only the one time finishing 4th(not backed),plenty of winners have come out of that,with 2nd,3rd & 6th gone on to win since.plenty of dangers as ever(Minister Of Mayhem & plenty of money around for the unraced Sruthan) but worth a go with the form franked so much,sticking in Cheap As Chips @ 3/1 in the 305 clonmel,lightly raced and came back to life last time out winning over distance in wexford,won on heavy that time and is up 7lbs and could be more to come,trainer suggests better ground will suit better which she wont get today,main danger in the betting is Fiery Oscar who is more exposed and will be running of a all time high of 102,but came second to Whiskey And Rye off 89 the time before last,Whiskey And Rye has gone on to win again off 103,making that form line fairly solid.any ways a double on Tooreen Legend & cheap as chips works out at about 9.5/1,worth a score for interest,good luck all.
                                                                                                                  Mattie McGrath wanna-be

Comment

Surfer my 2nd Dubai world cup bet in the Godolphin mile at 10/1. His form lines with the Hunters Light (fav for the big race of the night) looks pretty strong. On both occasions he was drawn wider than Hunters light covering more distance on the tight AW course, but wasn't disgraced on either occasion. Dropping back to what looks like an ideal trip for him and drawn well I think he'll be bang there on the night.
                                                                                                                    Profit before people.

Comment

uuugh,not good,who are the non runners?
                                                                                                                      I'd forgotten all about this
                                                                                                                      2nd Leac An Scail (3) Samantha Drake 17/2

I was on 10/1 e/w
                                                                                                                      People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                                                      Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                                                      https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

One of the Timeform lads out on the batter with De Kock in Meydan last night: "Shea Shea wins."

Comment

18.20 sruthan nap

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X