GAA Championships comp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GAA Championships comp

Football / hurling predictions competition.

€ 20 per entry , 1 entry per IPB member. Winner takes all . In the event of a tie prize pool split.

Being ran on a trust basis, open to members with over 100 posts . Money to be transferred within a week of completion of championships.

Entries can be made / edited up to 8pm 15/05.

Football

1. Predict finalists of each provincial final . 10 pts for each correct finalist predicted.

2. Predict winner of each provincial final . 25 pts for each correct provincial champion predicted.

3. Predict the 4 qualifiers to play the losing provincial finalists . 15 pts for each qualifier correctly predicted.

4. Predict the 4 winners of the above matches who qualify to play the provincial champions. 15 pts for each team correctly predicted.

5. Predict the semi - finalists . 20 pts for each semi-finalist correctly predicted.

6. Predict the finalists. 25 pts for each finalist correctly predicted.

7. Predict All Ireland champions. 30 pts for correctly predicting champions.

Hurling

1. Predict Munster / Leinster finalists. 10 pts for each correctly predicted finalist.

2. Predict Munster / Leinster champions. 25 pts for correctly predicted Munster / Leinster champions.

3. Predict the 2 teams to come through qualifiers to play losing Munster / Leinster finalists. 15 pts for each qualifier correctly predicted.

4. Predict the 2 teams to win above matches and qualify to play Munster / Leinster champions in semi finals. 15 pts for each team correctly predicted.

5. Predict the finalists. 25 pts for each finalist correctly predicted.

6. Predict All Ireland champions. 30 pts for correctly predicting champions.

I make that a possible maximum of 690 points.

Probably need 10 entries to make it worthwhile.

Football;

Leinster : Dublin / Meath. Winner : Dublin

Ulster : Monaghan / Armagh . Winner : Monaghan

Connacht : Mayo / Roscommon. Winner : Roscommon

Munster: Cork / Kerry. Winner Cork

4 qualifiers to play provincial final losers: Galway / Donegal / Down / Tipp.

4 qualifiers to play provincial champions : Kerry / Donegal / Mayo / Armagh.

4 semi finalists: Dublin / Cork / Mayo / Armagh

Finalists : Dublin / Cork

Champions: Dublin

Hurling

Munster: Cork / Clare . Winner : Cork

Leinster: Galway / Kilkenny . Winner : Galway

2 qualifiers to play Munster / Leinster final losers : Waterford / Tipp

2 semi finalists to play Munster / Leinster champions: Tipp / Clare

Finalists: Galway / Cork.

Champions: Cork.
    Last edited by horatio1; 04-05-15, 22:59.

Comment

In

Comment

In

Comment

I'll give it a go, do we just post predictions on thread?

Comment

Originally posted by BigDeal View Post
            I'll give it a go, do we just post predictions on thread?
            Yes please

Comment

Football;

Leinster : Dublin / Meath Winner Dublin

Ulster : Monaghan / Donegal Winner Donegal

Connaught : Roscommon / Mayo Winner Mayo

Munster : Cork / Kerry. Winner Kerry

4 qualifiers to play provincial final losers: Tyrone / Cavan / Kildare / Derry

4 qualifiers to play provincial champions : Monaghan / Tyrone / Roscommon / Cork

4 semi finalists: Dublin / Cork / Mayo / Kerry

Hurling

Munster: Cork / Tipperary. Winner : Tipperary

Leinster: Galway / Kilkenny . Winner : Kilkenny

2 qualifiers to play Munster / Leinster final losers : Waterford / Limerick

2 semi finalists to play Munster / Leinster champions: Waterford / Cork

Finalists: Tipperary / Cork.

Champions: Tipperary

Comment

When are you cutting this off. I don't know anything about hurling so waiting on my brother to send me his picks. Do we have a few days?

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                  When are you cutting this off. I don't know anything about hurling so waiting on my brother to send me his picks. Do we have a few days?
                  Entries can be made and edited up to 8 pm 15/05/15.

Comment

Ten days left to get your entries in . 2 entered so far and 6 more confirmed to enter.

Hopefully get over the € 200 mark.

Comment

Originally posted by horatio1 View Post
                      Ten days left to get your entries in . 2 entered so far and 6 more confirmed to enter.

Hopefully get over the € 200 mark.
                      Hi

Would like to enter but bit short on the 100 posts.Can get someone to vouch for me if allowed enter, If not no bother

john

Comment

Originally posted by balfejohn View Post
                        Hi

Would like to enter but bit short on the 100 posts.Can get someone to vouch for me if allowed enter, If not no bother

john
                        That's ok John , I meant to put " if they can be vouched for " in original post .

Let's see how vouch worthy you are 😃

Comment

That's ok John , I meant to put " if they can be vouched for " in original post .

Let's see how vouch worthy you are 😃
                          Can do.

Comment

Hi

john
                            Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                            Can do.

Obviously your in John .

Comment

Obviously your in John .
                              Thank you
                              Good old Dice, friend to everyone.
                              will post selections and await details for lodging funds.

thanks

John

Comment

Thank you
                                Good old Dice, friend to everyone.
                                will post selections and await details for lodging funds.

thanks

John
                                Being run on a trust basis John , monies to be transfered within one week of completion of championships.

Comment

Comment

In

Comment

IN

Football;

Ulster : Monaghan / Donegal . Winner : Donegal

Munster: Cork / Kerry. Winner Cork

4 qualifiers to play provincial final losers: Cavan, Laois, Derry, Tyrone.

4 qualifiers to play provincial champions : Monaghan, Cork, Derry, Tyrone.

4 semi finalists: Dublin / Cork / Mayo / Kerry

Hurling

Munster: Cork / Tipperary . Winner : Cork

Leinster: Galway / Kilkenny . Winner : Galway

2 qualifiers to play Munster / Leinster final losers : Waterford / Limerick

2 semi finalists to play Munster / Leinster champions: Tipperary / Kilkenny

Finalists: Galway / Tipperary.

Champions: Tipperary.
                                      "the impossible is often untried"

Comment

Football championship starts in ernest next Sunday when lasts years beaten finalists Donegal play host to Tyrone who will be confident following their U21 success.

Get your entries in.

Comment

Full football draw here;

http://http://www.gaa.ie/content/downloads/wallcharts/football_wallchart_2015.pdf

Comment

Full hurling draw here;

http://http://www.gaa. To ie/content/downloads/wallcharts/hurling_wallchart_2015.pdf

Comment

Sorry but I cannot get my head around the way qualifiers pan out and dont have time to figure it out so unfortunately it looks like i will not be getting an entry in now.

Since I agreed to be a player I'm still happy will still honour the entry fee.

Comment

Originally posted by bustamoves View Post
                                                Sorry but I cannot get my head around the way qualifiers pan out and dont have time to figure it out so unfortunately it looks like i will not be getting an entry in now.

Since I agreed to be a player I'm still happy will still honour the entry fee.

No problem Busta, certainly wouldn't expect you to pay if you are not entering as you only expressed an intention to .

On the qualifiers my reading of it is that the a&b aspect of it is to try and keep teams from the same provinces from drawing each other. So you are probably just picking what you think are the best 4 teams ( 2 in hurling ) from all those that you don't think will qualify for the provincial finals.

Personally I think it weighs it heavily in favour of the Ulster teams in football as they have a higher class of side going out early compared to other provinces.

Interesting discussion on Off the ball tonight suggesting that division 3 & 4 teams should only be drawn against each other in the qualifiers with one of them being guaranteed a 1/4 final spot.

Comment

GAA Championships comp

FOOTBALL

Leinster Dublin/Meath winners Dublin
                                                  Munster Kerry/ Cork winners Kerry
                                                  Connought Mayo/ Roscommon winners Mayo
                                                  Ulster Monaghan/ Donegal winners Donegal

4 Qualifiers Tyrone Armagh Galway Tipperary
                                                  4 winners to play provincial winners Monaghan Cork Meath Tyrone
                                                  4 semi finalists Donegal Dublin Kerry Cork
                                                  2 Finalists Dublin Kerry
                                                  Winners Dublin

HURLING

Munster Limerick Cork winners Cork
                                                  Leinster Dublin Killkenny winners Killkenny
                                                  2 qualifers to play losers Clare Tipperary
                                                  2 semi finalists to play provincial winners Dublin Tipperary
                                                  2 finalists Cork Killkenny
                                                  Winners Killkenny

best of luck all

John

Comment

Still gutted I lost the sheet with all my answers, put in research and all. Fuck that if I do it again.

I remember who I said would win the provinces but the 4 qualifiers I am just putting in random names now. Enjoy my €20 donation.

Football;

Ulster : Monaghan / Donegal. Winner : Donegal

Connacht : Mayo / Roscommon. Winner : Mayo

Munster: Cork / Kerry. Winner Kerry

4 qualifiers to play provincial final losers: Galway / Armagh / Tipp / Kildare.

4 qualifiers to play provincial champions : Cork/ Monaghan/ Roscommmon/ Meath.

4 semi finalists: Dublin / Kerry / Mayo / Donegal

Finalists : Dublin / Kerry

Hurling

Munster: Cork / Tipp . Winner : Tipp

Leinster: Dublin / Kilkenny . Winner : Kilkenny

2 qualifiers to play Munster / Leinster final losers : Limerick / Galway

2 semi finalists to play Munster / Leinster champions: Cork / Dublin

Finalists: Kilkenny / Cork.

Champions: Kilkenny.
                                                    Go big or go homeless.

Comment

€ 100 in the pot so far , all have chosen Dublin as Football champions.

Dobby , Kevirl , Keane and Mcnugget have indicated they will enter so possibly € 180 for grabs.

Entries to be in by 8pm tomorrow.

Comment

€ 100 in the pot so far , all have chosen Dublin as Football champions.

Dobby , Kevirl , Keane and Mcnugget have indicated they will enter so possibly € 180 for grabs.

Entries to be in by 8pm tomorrow.
                                                        I'm out.

Comment

Ulster : monaghan/ down Winner : down

Connacht : Mayo / Roscommon. Winner : mayo

Munster: Cork / Kerry. Winner kerry

4 qualifiers to play provincial final losers: tyrone / Donegal / lapis / armagh

4 qualifiers to play provincial champions : cork / Donegal / meath/ tyrone

4 semi finalists: Dublin / Kerry/ Mayo / tyrone

Finalists : Dublin / mayo

Hurling

Munster: Cork / Clare . Winner : clare

Leinster: Dublin Kilkenny . Winner : kk

2 semi finalists to play Munster / Leinster champions: cork/ Clare

Finalists: kk tipp

Champions: kk

Comment

In case any of the other lads have forgotten rather than just not entering I'll leave it open till the morning.

Comment

Sorry horatio I was away when you PM'd first, I'll get my picks up asap.

Comment

Ulster : monaghan/donegal Winner : donegal

Connacht : Mayo / Roscommon. Winner : mayo

Munster: Cork / Kerry. Winner kerry

4 qualifiers to play provincial final losers: tyrone / roscommon / galway / armagh

4 qualifiers to play provincial champions : cork / monaghan / armagh / tyrone

4 semi finalists: Dublin / Kerry/ Cork/ Donegal

Champions: Kerry

Hurling

Munster: Cork/Tipp. Winner : Tipp

Leinster: Dublin/Kilkenny . Winner : Kilkenny

2 qualifiers to play Munster / Leinster final losers : Waterford / Clare

2 semi finalists to play Munster / Leinster champions: Galway / Clare

Champions: kk
                                                                Last edited by Keane; 16-05-15, 00:39.

Comment

Keane , you have Monaghan down as a provincial loser but also down as a qualifier to play a provincial loser . It is not necessarily a mistake.
                                                                  Last edited by horatio1; 15-05-15, 22:29.

Comment

It might be that Mcnugget has decided not to enter but he twice stated an interest in entering and hasn't been on here the last couple of days. If anyone has a number for him can they give him a shout.

Will leave it open till noon for entries.

€ 140 up for grabs.

Best of luck to all.

Comment

Sorry Horatio, intended to give it a spin but crazy bit this week has seen two funerals and a wedding today so won't get to enter.

I'll ship 20 to the winner anyway, gl.

Comment

Originally posted by mcnugget View Post
                                                                        Sorry Horatio, intended to give it a spin but crazy bit this week has seen two funerals and a wedding today so won't get to enter.

I'll ship 20 to the winner anyway, gl.
                                                                        Wouldn't hear of it Mcnugget, sorry to hear of the bereavements.

Comment

Is it too late? Forgot to reply to pm.
                                                                          Edit just seen open till noon will get picks in before
                                                                          Last edited by Donk Magnet; 16-05-15, 09:07.

Comment

Ulster : Monaghan / Donegal . Winner : Donegal

Munster: Cork / Kerry. Winner Kerry

4 qualifiers to play provincial final losers: Galway / Armagh / Laois / Tipp.

4 qualifiers to play provincial champions : Cork / Laois / Mayo / Armagh.

4 semi finalists: Dublin / Kerry / Mayo / Armagh

Champions: Kerry

Hurling

Munster: Cork / Clare . Winner : clare

Leinster: Dublin Kilkenny . Winner : kk

2 semi finalists to play Munster / Leinster champions: cork/ Clare

Champions: Tipp

Comment

#39
                                                                              No points won last weekend but myself , Kev and Donk magnet suffered a blow with Clares defeat. Funking for Limerick to beat Tipp now.
                                                                              Last edited by horatio1; 30-05-15, 22:05.

Comment

#40
                                                                                How did I miss this?????

Will follow with interest...
                                                                                You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                                                                World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

#41
                                                                                  Think you've all got the Connacht final wrong FWIW

Comment

#42
                                                                                    Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
                                                                                    Sligo to beat the Rossies or Galway to beat Mayo ?

Comment

#43
                                                                                      Sligo to beat the Rossies or Galway to beat Mayo ?
                                                                                      Galway to beat Mayo and Roscommon to beat either of them in the final. Rossies look on top of the world and a Connacht title is their aim. Mayo are a shambles right now. An absolute mess and are there for the taking if Galway can man the fuck up and actually convince themselves to beat them.

Also don't think KK will be in the All Ireland SHC final

Comment

#44
                                                                                        Galway to beat Mayo and Roscommon to beat either of them in the final. Rossies look on top of the world and a Connacht title is their aim. Mayo are a shambles right now. An absolute mess and are there for the taking if Galway can man the fuck up and actually convince themselves to beat them.

Having seen a lot of the Roscommon U21s over the last few years and how the seniors had performed in the league I was expecting them to have a big championship. I know Ruislip can be a tricky place to go to for various reasons but I was a bit underwhelmed by Roscommons performance last week.

Disagree on KK!

Whats your feelings on the hurling tomorrow ? I was fancying Galway till I heard of Cannings injury. Its a pity they didnt put the football on first ,must be hard having to play such a big game in an almost empty stadium.

Comment

#45
                                                                                          Having seen a lot of the Roscommon U21s over the last few years and how the seniors had performed in the league I was expecting them to have a big championship. I know Ruislip can be a tricky place to go to for various reasons but I was a bit underwhelmed by Roscommons performance last week.

Disagree on KK!

Whats your feelings on the hurling tomorrow ? I was fancying Galway till I heard of Cannings injury. Its a pity they didnt put the football on first ,must be hard having to play such a big game in an almost empty stadium.
                                                                                          Read your post as wrong , thought you were saying they would be in final, I agree with your view.

Comment

#46
                                                                                            I'd like to see the hurlers pull a big crowd, but in Dublin football will always get the head of the table. Have seen plenty of them over the years but there was something special about the two semi-finals against Tipp and Cork. It was great to see such a big crowd for a Dublin hurling match.

Dublin haven't lost against Galway in 4 championship outings and gave them an almighty hiding in 2013. The team look in really good shape and if Danny Sutcliffe had played v Cork and the team hadn't been so naive they'd have been in the league final.

Canning missing is a mixed bag. Easier to plan for Galway when you're 100% sure who they're always looking to give the ball to. Might make some of the rest of that team actually remember they're quality hurlers. You can never tell which Galway will show up. They could fucking batter anyone on their day but their days are too rare. Dublin racked up some really nice scoring averages in the league and that was with a nightmarish first 2 games. I think they tapered off near the end of the league in anticipation of having a tough opener in Leinster.

I'd happily back Dublin -3 in this game to be honest. Galway need to play at top gear to beat Dublin which is both a measure of how far Dublin have come and how much Galway rely on Canning. Galway won't score enough goals to stay in it and they don't score enough points to live without goals.

Comment

#47
                                                                                              The first 10 points of the competition were up for grabs on Sunday . That nobody ( shame on you Kev) believed in Deise dominance points to a low scoring winner even at this early stage.

Dublin hurlers capitulation has cost a few potential points also.

More points up for grabs this weekend with football semi finals in Munster and Connacht .

Comment

#48
                                                                                                Last edited by horatio1; 09-06-15, 23:19.

Comment

#49

Mayo were a bit all over the place during the league but by all accounts are right back on track now, Should still be well ahead of Galway IMO

Roscommon have made huge strides but I still think it'll be a year or two yet before they get to Mayos level.

Comment

#50
                                                                                                    Everyone has 30 points

Probable table fail , editing on phone.
                                                                                                    Last edited by horatio1; 15-06-15, 20:20.

Comment

#51

Comment

#52
                                                                                                        You were technically correct.

Comment

#53
                                                                                                          Last edited by horatio1; 22-06-15, 01:08.

Comment

#54

Comment

#55

Comment

#56

Big Deal setting the pace with Mdoug and Keane hot in pursuit. Myself and The Duster locked in a relegation dogfight.

It is quite possible I have made an error or two along the way so the original postings and not the spreadsheet will determine the winner.
                                                                                                                Last edited by horatio1; 20-07-15, 22:38.

Comment

#57
                                                                                                                  Those of us who we're predicting a Dublin Cork football final will be losing ground after the quarter final.

Comment

#58
                                                                                                                    I've obviously taking this down with nothing but time standing between the Kingdom and its crown.

Comment

#59
                                                                                                                      Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                                                                                      I've obviously taking this down with nothing but time standing between the Kingdom and its crown.
                                                                                                                      Hurling could have a big say with big differences between the leaders .

Comment

#60

Big deal remains in the lead but has been dealt a body blow by Cork GAA's exploits over the weekend

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                        X