Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You could also do a Lost In Translation tour.

Obviously after several Suntorys.

"We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

HC fixtures finally out.

Lyon-Leinster 23-Nov
      Montpellier-Connacht 19-Jan

One of the two for touring purposes and my Lyon vote seems to be in a minority of one.

Comment

Originally posted by Mickey Rosa View Post
        17th to the 7th. Have tickets for the Scotland, Japan and Russia games.
        i'm there until the 8th with group from texas. We probably are not going to any ireland games, first one for me is france argentina, I'll be travelling south slowly after a few days all the way down to Kyushu island and then back up

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
          HC fixtures finally out.

Lyon-Leinster 23-Nov
          Montpellier-Connacht 19-Jan

One of the two for touring purposes and my Lyon vote seems to be in a minority of one.
          Spent some time in lyon last november. Loved it, french food heaven at the paul bocuse market and then loads of 1 star 3 course lunches for 30+,

Comment

Any Links for the rugby? My sky go doesn’t work abroad

Comment

I like the way we are lulling the rest of the rugby world into a false sense of security here.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                I like the way we are lulling the rest of the rugby world into a false sense of security here.
                If only. We look very one dimensional.
                ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
                  If only. We look very one dimensional.
                  England were full of power running into the ball at speed and loads of lovely off loading. There backs made ground with ease young’s was so poor in the first half he kept us in the game. Curry and underhill were very dynamic out back row looked quite slow not going to turn o Mahoney or cj into speedsters or passers of the ball either. England in a good place us staring down another quarter final defeat again. Shocked no one has come in with an afterti I gotta I backed England honest guv’nor yet.

Comment

Seems reminiscent of that slow possession based rugby from a few years ago where Wales defended 45 phases in a row easily enough.

I'd presume they're planning on peaking physically right before quarter finals. That might explain the performance from a physical point of view.

All this talk about joe and his powerplays, tackle realign for a few phases and then ireland gets stuck in constant slow ball play, maybe keeping it a secret for wc but needs to have slow to fast ball and some advantage line ideas. If the only way we break down defended is with special one off plays then we are fairly fucked.

Murray's speed of pass is slow, stander can't gain the metres needed, can't win any real top quality ball in the lineout either. Makes life difficult.

Saying that we will beat Scotland. Whole tournament draw depends on the south Africa new zealand game, will other teams try to avoid one side of the draw compared to other. If NZ win and then England play them in semi vs possibly us or south Africa, Wales Australia can manipulate their draw as well either with win or loss.

Comment

Originally posted by Trippie View Post
                      Seems reminiscent of that slow possession based rugby from a few years ago where Wales defended 45 phases in a row easily enough.

I'd presume they're planning on peaking physically right before quarter finals. That might explain the performance from a physical point of view.

All this talk about joe and his powerplays, tackle realign for a few phases and then ireland gets stuck in constant slow ball play, maybe keeping it a secret for wc but needs to have slow to fast ball and some advantage line ideas. If the only way we break down defended is with special one off plays then we are fairly fucked.

Murray's speed of pass is slow, stander can't gain the metres needed, can't win any real top quality ball in the lineout either. Makes life difficult.

Saying that we will beat Scotland. Whole tournament draw depends on the south Africa new zealand game, will other teams try to avoid one side of the draw compared to other. If NZ win and then England play them in semi vs possibly us or south Africa, Wales Australia can manipulate their draw as well either with win or loss.
                      Our basics were dreadful today; missed tackles, terrible breakdowns and not hitting your man in a line out all mean that whatever your keeping under wraps is meaningless.

Toner will help the lineout and best is unlikely to be as poor again.

Doubt Murray makes it through the group stages tbh, he didn’t look right today and they took a serious look at his neck when he went down so I would suspect he is still injured. Marmion will give us faster ball but we will loose out on other areas especially defensively - not sure that makes a difference on today’s showing tho.

Stander always struggles against a good back row, he looks great against a poor side. Would like to see Conan in against wales and see how he gets on.

Horrible watching but a serious wake up call could be a good thing

Comment

That New Zealand match in Chicago seems a long time ago now. We were firm second favs after that and very much in the discussion as credible winners.

Making a winning argument would be a lot more tenuous now. The only positive in our favour is that World Cups are seriously attritional affairs these days and we've as handy a group as possible, so less likely to pick up injuries along the way whereas in SA v NZ match you'd expect a few casualties so we could face a weakened side in the quarters.
                        Profit before people.

Comment

Pray for Gary Neville.
                          Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                          That New Zealand match in Chicago seems a long time ago now. We were firm second favs after that and very much in the discussion as credible winners.

Making a winning argument would be a lot more tenuous now. The only positive in our favour is that World Cups are seriously attritional affairs these days and we've as handy a group as possible, so less likely to pick up injuries along the way whereas in SA v NZ match you'd expect a few casualties so we could face a weakened side in the quarters.
                          The only positive I’m taking from today is that if we won we’d have been ranked number 1 in th world which is a crown that wouldn’t have suited us at all. It was a wake up call at exactly the right time for us, Wales will be two good tests and I’d expect a big reaction next week.

Stockdale was very poor defensively, as was Aki off set pieces, which made the single line breaks so devastating. Positively Larmour looked much better under the high ball, Kearney looked his usual turnstile self in defense.

Comment

to be a great side you need a good spine to the team, 2,8,9,10,15.

Compare ours to england, SA, NZ and wales and we are a long way behind. I think that's why our systems are worked so much, the system is good enough to beat one of those teams, not sure we are good enough to beat 3 of them. We could get a semi final, if south africa lose pollard and jantjies comes at 10 then it's anyones game.

Comment

Fml anyone got mice. After catching and decapitating 4, 3 in 24 hours thanks to squeezey primula cheese and dealz mouse traps under sink press

Tiny mice assume mother mouse just lobbed out her baby field mice under my sink ��
                              Her sky-ness
                              © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by SatNav View Post
                                Fml anyone got mice. After catching and decapitating 4, 3 in 24 hours thanks to squeezey primula cheese and dealz mouse traps under sink press

Tiny mice assume mother mouse just lobbed out her baby field mice under my sink ������
                                Sounds like little shrews more than mice, although it's much of a muchness! Probably getting in where you have an out pipe say for your washing machine or dishwasher.

Comment

...3rd round of the tour championship called off for the day due to thunder and lightning... Apparently the below is "dangerous"... Thankfully none of the 6 inured are seriously injured...

Comment

Anyone got any good examples of a team performing as well as it can when the manager is confirmed to be gone regardless of what happens?

Comment

Originally posted by CHDad View Post
                                      Anyone got any good examples of a team performing as well as it can when the manager is confirmed to be gone regardless of what happens?
                                      Couple of teams have won soccer world cups with a manger who was known to be retiring/resigning straight afterwards. Scolari in 2002 would be prime example.
                                      Lippi in 2006 was an open secret as well although contract not confirmed.
                                      Jacquet in 98 had told the players apparently.

Bobby Robson and Terry Venables were officially announced as retiring from England before getting the team to semi-final slots.

Always hard to know though whether these teams would have performed as well regardless. Open to debate.

Comment

Couple of teams have won soccer world cups with a manger who was known to be retiring/resigning straight afterwards. Scolari in 2002 would be prime example.
                                        Lippi in 2006 was an open secret as well although contract not confirmed.
                                        Jacquet in 98 had told the players apparently.

Bobby Robson and Terry Venables were officially announced as retiring from England before getting the team to semi-final slots.

Always hard to know though whether these teams would have performed as well regardless. Open to debate.
                                        It's a weird one. There's gotta be way more downside to it than the almost expected one last hurrah go out on a high silly expectations. It's not unusual in rugby but still, timing is everything.

Comment

Originally posted by CHDad View Post
                                          It's a weird one. There's gotta be way more downside to it than the almost expected one last hurrah go out on a high silly expectations. It's not unusual in rugby but still, timing is everything.
                                          Intuitively I tend to think that there must be more downside to a coach declaring his intentions prior to a tournament but perhaps it's simply irrelevant.

I suppose another question would be -cue AJ-, is there many situations where a team has dramatically underperformed after the coach declared their intentions prior to the commencement of a big tournament?

Comment

Pretty decent article https://www.bloomberg.com/news/featu...se-racing-code
                                            on a guy Ed Thorp claimed was a billionaire from HK horse racing, he refutes being a billionaire but seems he's in the ballpark as a result.

Comment

Originally posted by Murdrum View Post

I suppose another question would be -cue AJ-, is there many situations where a team has dramatically underperformed after the coach declared their intentions prior to the commencement of a big tournament?
                                              Alex Ferguson's first 'retirement' in 2001 is usually given as the supreme example, MUFC were terrible that season. In the English game that one incident has made it almost a no-no to announce retirement in advance.
                                              In African/Asian football, it's very rare for the mercenary European manager to be there for more than one tournament - whether this knowledge hinders or helps is open to question.

The flip side obviously is that if you sign someone up long-term before a tournament, subsequently have a disastrous tournament and then you are heavily criticised for that as well (Ireland/Trapatoni in 2012). Kidney or O'Sullivan were similar I think before RWCs?

Obviously we are talking about Schmidt here, though interestingly the soccer team are currently doing the same thing with Mick limited to just the Euros.

Comment

Absolutely titanic stuff in the cricket. England both digging themselves out of a hole and shooting themselves in the head simultaneously.

Comment

Absolutely titanic stuff in the cricket. England both digging themselves out of a hole and shooting themselves in the head simultaneously.
                                                  head-shooting now takes over. Game Over from here.

Comment

head-shooting now takes over. Game Over from here.
                                                    You clearly don't understand modern cricket, tight quick singles are vital when you only have a day and a half left to make 100 odd runs

Comment

Heard this yesterday

Music video by Taylor Swift performing “You Need To Calm Down” – off her upcoming new album ‘Lover’ (out August 23). Support the Equality Act: https://taylor...

Heard it before me thinks:

Music video by Lorde performing Royals. (C) 2013 Universal Music NZ Ltd.Get Lorde’s Pure Heroine album here: https://Lorde.lnk.to/PureHeroineID Listen to mo...

Producer Joel little's sampler CD might need updating

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
                                                        You clearly don't understand modern cricket, tight quick singles are vital when you only have a day and a half left to make 100 odd runs
                                                        or trying to slog the spinner over the field he has set exactly for that shot

Comment

Cricket fuck yeah

Omg Ben Stokes

Comment

Leech is the actual hero and hes on zero!

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                                                              Cricket fuck yeah

Omg Ben Stokes
                                                              STOP

Comment

Aus still favourites....

Comment

You do have to love the sight of Leach wiping the sweat off his glasses between balls

Comment

OMG what a fumble!

Comment

Arrrrrrrrrrgggggghhhhhhhhhhhhh

CRICKET motherfuckers

Comment

Fucking fuck

unbelievable

ben stokes can box the fucking queen in the face if he wants

Comment

All Stokes needs now is a pot belly and a mullet in order to be recognized as a truly great all-rounder
                                                                          Beefy Ben needs to start working on that mullet

Comment

That's just the best sport you are ever going to see

Comment

Bad opposition reviews aside England have had serious umpire bias this summer. That was as blatant as it comes near the end. Great entertainment though.
                                                                              Profit before people.

Comment

Speaking of cricket scores Spurs could put one on Newcastle here. Seems not all is well up in the toon and effort levels would suggest not all were happy with the way the Rafa situation was dealt with. -2 and -3 handicaps backed .
                                                                                Profit before people.

Comment

Bad opposition reviews aside England have had serious umpire bias this summer. That was as blatant as it comes near the end. Great entertainment though.
                                                                                  He's an awful umpire, not biased.

That of course makes it all the sweeter.
                                                                                  Imagine the outbreak of mass vomiting all over Australia right now. Wonderful.

Comment

Stokes a good bet for cricketer of the year? Outside pint for spoty if they win?

Comment

Stokes a good bet for cricketer of the year? Outside pint for spoty if they win?
                                                                                      1/3 isn't much of an outsider

Comment

Speaking of cricket scores Spurs could put one on Newcastle here. Seems not all is well up in the toon and effort levels would suggest not all were happy with the way the Rafa situation was dealt with. -2 and -3 handicaps backed .

I was thinking exact same, did exact same, just checked the half time score. Good old Lolspurs.

Comment

That’s one of the worst penalty decisions I’ve seen in a long time - and they have the advantage of having VAR and all. Crazy

Comment

Originally posted by TheJiggaman View Post
                                                                                            That’s one of the worst penalty decisions I’ve seen in a long time - and they have the advantage of having VAR and all. Crazy
                                                                                            Kane basically changed his run to fall over the Newcastle player.

Comment

I still cannot believe that cricket today. A kind of divine, inspired madness.

Going to have a G&T and hunt down some highlights.

Comment

Beefy Ben needs to start working on that mullet
                                                                                                and the cigar!

Comment

...Paddypower have paid out on this lol...

Comment

...Rory McIlroy looking like he's gonna win the tour championship and FedEx...Great end to the season for him...No major this season, but he has been so consistent all year, 3 pga tour wins and a bunch of top 5 top 10 finishes...

Comment

Comment

That new Tarantino movie is some load of shite.

Comment

In the context of the game as it's played now and then, of the gap in form and ability between the teams and the progress of the series IMO Bothams ashes stands ahead of Stokes last wicket stand.
                                                                                                          Turning millions into thousands

Comment

I thought it was great bar the rustler sitting behind me.

Saw a few people walking out alright.
                                                                                                            His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Saw it yesterday, really liked it.

Comment

Yeah I thought it was pretty good too. Brad Pitts characters back story was a bit bizarre though and didn't really fit with his personality but all Tarrentino films are flawed but fun.
                                                                                                                Profit before people.

Comment

I loved it, i thought it was really enjoyable.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                                                    In the context of the game as it's played now and then, of the gap in form and ability between the teams and the progress of the series IMO Bothams ashes stands ahead of Stokes last wicket stand.
                                                                                                                    As the only one here who can possibly remember both, we'll let you away with this.

It was the greatest test match (and individual effort) I've ever seen. Still can't quite believe it. Not often I can say that wasting most of a sunny Sunday watching a dodgy stream was time very well spent.

Comment

I loved it and the gf hated bar one or two funny scenes.

Comment

Afternoon chaps. This is my annual begging bowl looking for anyone who might have a line on an All Ireland Final Ticket.

This year I’ve been a fair weather fan after the birth of Kayroo Jnr. but will be eternally grateful for any assistance IPB could offer.
                                                                                                                        You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                                                                                                        World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                                                                                                          WANTED: 1 ticket for the all.ireland football final. Some 2nd half performance.
                                                                                                                          Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
                                                                                                                          Afternoon chaps. This is my annual begging bowl looking for anyone who might have a line on an All Ireland Final Ticket.

This year I’ve been a fair weather fan after the birth of Kayroo Jnr. but will be eternally grateful for any assistance IPB could offer.
                                                                                                                          Just a friendly reminder that theres a Q if anyone comes across a spare

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X