X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
    @ Lafortezza:

You staying on as a mod?

Not having a go by any means just wondering.
    Yeah, I use boards for pm's alot and the bball forum so I'll be sticking around there too.
    But I haven't been as active as the other lads were, and that's not going to change, so boards.ie will def need at least 2 other very active ppl to mod it imo.

Comment

Where do you see those 2 people coming from? Surely not inside the forum? I can't imagine who they'd ask.
      You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
      World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

http://www.pokertableratings.com/ful...arch/doninbaja

Lol playing the 750k on Full Tilt and checking out the opposition, this guy looks good

Comment

Trying to upload a pic of solwit for my avatar, it wont let me, what an i doing wrong pls.

Comment

Originally posted by Iago View Post
            Ho-hum, fair too many forums to keep up with now, and another one to try and get through my work filter!!

still, I like what you've done with the place
            Installed vBulletin 4 first. That scared me, so went back to the older version.

As for the // issue, having that problem in emails too. It should be easy to fix if I can find the damn thing. I'm avoiding looking at the code though which doesn't help.

Comment

Originally posted by jackyback View Post
              http://www.pokertableratings.com/ful...arch/doninbaja

Lol playing the 750k on Full Tilt and checking out the opposition, this guy looks good
              consistent

Comment

Originally posted by nicnicnic View Post
                Trying to upload a pic of solwit for my avatar, it wont let me, what an i doing wrong pls.
                resize it to 80x80 maybe? That is the limit I think.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
                  Fair enough. How about that other great taboo idea: a ginger appreciation thread?
                  Definitely!! But it'll be a proper appreciation thread, none of this slagging lark!!!
                  Last edited by Ste05; 24-01-10, 23:10.

Comment

Have some lively Doo-Wop

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4PmrTwn97dY[/ame]
                    Hunter S Thompson 1937-2005 - "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                      Installed vBulletin 4 first. That scared me, so went back to the older version.

As for the // issue, having that problem in emails too. It should be easy to fix if I can find the damn thing. I'm avoiding looking at the code though which doesn't help.
                      I'm thinking that there's a parameter somewhere that tells vbulletin what website it's on. Yours probably reads "www.irishpokerboards.com/" and should read "www.irishpokerboards.com/forum"

Comment

Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

100 posts per page might be a little much!! Can't decide

Comment

Woohoo, custom avatars, Dog FTW!
                            We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then is not an act, but a habit.

Comment

Originally posted by emmet02 View Post
                              Jesus, all hell's broken loose.

I don't have access to my original boards.ie e-mail address (dormant account) , so it looks like I'm a refugee!

At least there's a nice warm home here.

I've had nobody to talk to about demolishing Rush Poker! Or nobody to ask for help in convincing FTP that they should give me rakeback or else I'm leaving. ( stupid 60 day limit bullshit)
                              This is what i sent them on 4th Dec

Dear Sir/Madam

I have recently started playing on FTP again - as you can see from my records i've playing well over 100 STT in the last 2 days and i would like to continue playing on FTP, however i do not have rakeback on my a/c - I was told that it is possible to get rakeback even after having an account set up - can you please shed light on this and if it is possible can you please send me details on how i may get it set up.
                              on the 6th Dec i got this

Thanks for getting back in touch with us about rakeback.

We expect that you will hear shortly from our preferred affiliate partner, RakeBackPros.com. We have sent your player details to RakeBackPros.com and they will be in direct contact with you.

Let us know if you have any questions,
                              and then on the 18th Dec i got

Thanks for signing up with RakeBackPros.com, Below is your login information.
                              FTP Username: XXX
                              We've sent your Player ID to Full Tilt Poker to see if you can be considered to receive rakeback from us.
                              If we can offer rakeback to you we will be back in contact soon.
                              Regards,
                              RakeBackPros Support
                              and then on the 21st Dec

Hello Full Tilt Player,

Congratulations you are now a RakeBackPro player and will receive rakeback on all your future play at Full Tilt Poker!

We pay your rakeback directly into your player account every week. We usually pay rakeback on a Friday a few days after the rakeback period for that week has ended.
                              So basically keep at them about it or just email RakeBackPros.com yourself and see what happens.

Btw when am i suppose to use the smilies?

Comment

Have there been any ballet girl pics yet?

Im on board regardless.

Comment

Originally posted by Ste05 View Post
                                  100 posts per page might be a little much!! Can't decide
                                  Yeah it is, I've gone back to 40.

Comment

Jesus. Poker is worse then darts!

Comment

Originally posted by dannydiamond View Post
                                      Woohoo, custom avatars, Dog FTW!
                                      You know he's a convicted murderer which is why he cannot carry a gun like other US bailbondsmen.

Comment

Gotta break the place in.

Comment

Originally posted by TomD View Post
                                          You know he's a convicted murderer which is why he cannot carry a gun like other US bailbondsmen.
                                          I do now.

Comment

Originally posted by nicnicnic View Post
                                            Try loading one of Go Native
                                            Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Ace View Post
                                              So basically keep at them about it or just email RakeBackPros.com yourself and see what happens.
                                              I'm absolutely useless at "threatening but not OTT" e-mails. Here is the response I have written to their last e-mail.

its only a draft, so would appreciate someone's editing alright!

Hi,

thank you for taking the time to reply. Could you please advise me as to how to withdraw from my account? I do not seem to have any option when clicking "moneybookers" in the withdrawal section of the poker client. It simply transfers me to your FAQ regarding the withdrawal method.

Again I'd like to voice my dissatisfaction at the process for rakeback procurement. I play quite a lot of poker, and on many sites, and have never before had a problem attaching rakeback to my account after signing up for the site. In this case, I even ensured that I had signed up for rakeback before joining Full Tilt. I can only take from this experience that Full Tilt does not value new players enough.

regards

Emmet

Comment

Originally posted by RasTa View Post
                                                Have some lively Doo-Wop
                                                Glad to see you posting under your correct name

Comment

ps Rush is good. apart from the one outers...

Comment

Lol at the tags.

Comment

First HH!

ez game

$20/$40 Limit Holdem
                                                      3 Players
                                                      Hand Conversion Powered by http://weaktight.com/

Stacks:
                                                      BTN $636
                                                      SB $1,166.95
                                                      Hero $1,471

Pre-Flop: (1.5 SB, 3 players) Hero is BB Kh Tc
                                                      BTN folds, SB calls, Hero raises, SB calls

Flop: 8s As 7s (4.0 SB, 2 players)
                                                      SB checks, Hero bets, SB calls

Turn: 3s (3.0 BB, 2 players)
                                                      SB checks, Hero bets, SB raises, Hero 3-bets, SB folds

Final Pot: 8.0 BB

Hero wins 8.0 BB (net +3.5 BB)

SB lost 3.5 BB

Comment

Thinking of going back to 60 posts per page myself. 100 is a bit too much methinks

Comment

Best of luck with the new site folks !

I have a new home page.

[ame]www.youtube.com/watch?v=XelwSWXPMrA[/ame]
                                                          This too shall pass.

Comment

Brag: Backed coole river in leopardstown today
                                                            Beat: w/o the favourite
                                                            BEat: It didn't cover my losses on take the breeze

Tried 100, I'm sticking with 40 posts per page

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                              Try loading one of Go Native

I'm quiet happy with solwit tyvm

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                                                                Thinking of going back to 60 posts per page myself. 100 is a bit too much methinks
                                                                Yup. Trying 60 out myself.

Btw, if anyone has any suggestions or bug reports there is a forum for that. If there are any new skins or whatever people want then post there and we'll see what we can do.

Comment

Custom Avatars - This place rocks.
                                                                  100 posts per page - great but I think I'll break myself in with 60 for a while, 100 would be too much of a shock.

Good luck with it lads.

Comment

Glad to see you posting under your correct name
                                                                    Hah, well spotted.

Comment

@ Emmet:

Dear Sir,

I appreciate your timely reply. I have a follow on query resulting from our previous correspondence in regards to withdrawing from my account. I do not seem to have any option when clicking "moneybookers" in the withdrawal section of the poker client. It simply transfers me to your FAQ regarding the withdrawal method. I would appreciate any assistance you could give me in terms of withdrawing my funds from your site.

I must once again voice my dissatisfaction at your policy in regards to rakeback procurement. I play quite a lot of poker, and on many sites, and have never before had a problem attaching rakeback to my account after signing up for the site. In this case, I even ensured that I had signed up for rakeback before joining Full Tilt. I can only take from this experience that Full Tilt does not value new players enough.

I would have hoped that a more satisfactory outcome might have been reached. In the event that this is not possible I can assure you that I shall not be using the Full Tilt software in future, nor shall I advise others to do so.

I sincerely hope you might re-think your position in regards to this particular issue.

Regards,

Emmet
                                                                      You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                                                      World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Evening all,
                                                                        Would be great to see this place take off. Poker forum on boards really wont be the same without you guys as mods.
                                                                        New forum and a new name for me too. Watching Hook earlier and I thought to myself jesus, I've so much fucking respect for that rufio chap. Pure respect!

Also Farverotica gonna take it down imo
                                                                        Double-decker bus enthusiast

Comment

Just checking out the youtube functionality

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iVkmr8wk9N8&feature=related[/ame]
                                                                          Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
                                                                            @ Emmet:
                                                                            Was hoping you'd answer! Anyone in the Law profession I've ever met has been excellent in the way of passive aggression / calming fighting a corner etc.

Cheers!

Comment

#98
                                                                              Also when did this all go down? Is there a thread on boards I can be pointed to or have the mods announcements only been announcent privately?

Comment

#99
                                                                                LOL, the tags are very funny!!

Comment

The Eno programme on BBC4 was some kind of awesome

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=swQAwnusJVQ[/ame]
                                                                                  Turning millions into thousands

Comment

should probably have some elements of poker in this thread!

No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (6 handed) - Hold'em Manager Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

BB ($11.22)
                                                                                    UTG ($3.99)
                                                                                    MP ($11.03)
                                                                                    CO ($5.13)
                                                                                    Hero (Button) ($13.33)
                                                                                    SB ($7.86)

Preflop: Hero is Button with K, K
                                                                                    UTG calls $0.10, 1 fold, CO calls $0.10, Hero bets $0.55, 2 folds, UTG calls $0.45, 1 fold

Flop: ($1.35) K, 4, 4 (2 players)
                                                                                    UTG checks, Hero checks

Turn: ($1.35) A (2 players)
                                                                                    UTG checks, Hero bets $0.70, UTG raises $1.40, Hero raises $3.30, UTG calls $2.04 (All-In)

River: ($8.23) A (2 players, 1 all-in)

Total pot: $8.23

Results:
                                                                                    Hero had K, K (full house, Kings over Aces).
                                                                                    UTG had 6, A (full house, Aces over fours).
                                                                                    Outcome: UTG won $7.69

Comment

Anyone e-mailed Chris / DBC a link to here yet?
                                                                                      Last edited by KevIRL; 22-01-13, 19:37.

Comment

hmmmm new surroundings. good luck with this, it seems as though a lot of people are all for this so it could actually take off. im just after registering under a different name cos my old one was shite. i think im going to go with the 60 posts per page
                                                                                        Redbet at the Dublin Poker Invasion FTW

Comment

Originally posted by Rufio View Post
                                                                                          Also when did this all go down? Is there a thread on boards I can be pointed to or have the mods announcements only been announcent privately?
                                                                                          Nothing to point too, We submitted the resignations but havent made a thread announcing it. Someone else can do that. The reasons are a long build up of unhappiness with the direction the site was going culminating in Lloyds demodding and the way that was handled.

Personally I'll still post on boards - although not on the poker forum unless this move fails. I do feel that the poker forums outlook has become more and more at odds with the overall direction Boards as a site has taken.

Comment

Dongs. I would recommend setting up an activation email ASAP or we will be drowned in spam before you can say "V1agra".
                                                                                            "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

tbh with you, I think that Boards may be happy enough with the situation to unfold like this. There were feedback threads a while back saying the poker forum was getting too big for its own boots, clogging up the main page etc.

A lot of people don't like us.

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFB View Post
                                                                                                Dongs. I would recommend setting up an activation email ASAP or we will be drowned in spam before you can say "V1agra".
                                                                                                Dom is looking after that, we are having some problems with the link in the verification mail at the mo.

Any help greatly appreciated

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFB View Post
                                                                                                  We were having problems with this all day... Dom's working on it... he's our Tech guy!!

Comment

Doh !!! Good evening peoples.

Comment

Nothing to point too, We submitted the resignations but havent made a thread announcing it. Someone else can do that. The reasons are a long build up of unhappiness with the direction the site was going culminating in Lloyds demodding and the way that was handled.

Personally I'll still post on boards - although not on the poker forum unless this move fails. I do feel that the poker forums outlook has become more and more at odds with the overall direction Boards as a site has taken.
                                                                                                      Do you mind if I put you and the other mods on the spot Kev?

If it's not appropriate just say.

What do you feel is the difference between the mods/users and the opinions of the admins and the different approach and outlook that you mention?

Comment

Originally posted by Ste05 View Post
                                                                                                        We were having problems with this all day... Dom's working on it... he's our Tech guy!!
                                                                                                        And may God help us all.

Comment

in fairness there were a lot of people who would just have went on boards for the poker. we were boards! it will fail without us mwahaha

Comment

Everyone on Boards should link here in sigs so organisers and the likes see it.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                                                                              And may God help us all.
                                                                                                              God and Google...

Comment

Originally posted by the aul switcharoo View Post
                                                                                                                in fairness there were a lot of people who would just have went on boards for the poker. we were boards! it will fail without us mwahaha
                                                                                                                It certainly won't fail without us, but the Poker forum on Boards is probably one of the biggest revenue earners for them. It will hurt them alright.

Comment

It will be interesting to see how boards will deal with this situation.

Clearly they are trying to commercialise the site, attracting more advertising, employing community managers to deal with pr etc. I'd imagine the poker forum is one of the most active forums, largely because of the community feel generated in the most part by the core group of regular posters and mods. IF this change is a long term one then the boards poker forum will never be the same again. Yes there will be new posters but there will not be the numbers that there once was.

I'd imagine most, if not all of the poker clubs, sites and related advertisers would choose to follow the community too.

Could mean a small loss in money for boards.ie. Interested to see what happens, especially when a thread is eventually started re: mods resigning because of Lloyds demodding.

Comment

i cant post on boards since the shenanigans last week. i cant access my email so thanks for setting up this thingy!. i only really used boards for the pokerz and golf

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                                                                                                                      Everyone on Boards should link here in sigs so organisers and the likes see it.
                                                                                                                      +1

if I could access my boards account, I would do this..

Comment

Its all a bit weird but I too am on board ( ugh at pun). All I ever looked at was poker forum anyway - well, until the creation of Trent.

It all reminds me a bit of this

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gT73bxOgQR0"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gT73bxOgQR0[/ame]

Comment

Actually, seeing a TV clip reminds me of something.

Is there any decent new TV show this season? I vaguely remember basquille saying that there was only one worth the time and effort to follow.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X