Irish Poker Boards
Register Arcade FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Go Back   Irish Poker Boards > Gambling > General Gambling

Old 10-04-15, 00:56   #81
The Situation

It really is baffling how he's still flying so far under the radar relative to the amount of success that usually warrants hype in this country, especially considering he's probably the most intelligent/likeable fighter we've ever had. And lol at questioning his Irishness.
Old 10-04-15, 02:10   #82
CHDog
Creative when bored

Send a message via MSN to CHDog
Ask Andy Lee if he's English and you'll get a Limerick history lesson. He's a KO artist. Nobody has KO power and a hook like him at his weight. He'll only retain this title by knocking people out. He was unlucky against a drugged to the gills Chavez. Will be rooting for him and sticking KO in a double or two.
CHDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks From:
Old 10-04-15, 02:12   #83
CHDog
Creative when bored

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Situation View Post
It really is baffling how he's still flying so far under the radar relative to the amount of success that usually warrants hype in this country, especially considering he's probably the most intelligent/likeable fighter we've ever had. And lol at questioning his Irishness.
Cause he can't box a points win and went a weird route to where is. Surely you can see how he flys under the radar.

You're wrong about intelligence in ring imo.
Thanks From:
Old 10-04-15, 02:49   #84
mugsy
straight arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHD View Post
Cause he can't box a points win and went a weird route to where is. Surely you can see how he flys under the radar.

You're wrong about intelligence in ring imo.
I think by intelligence he means how he conducts himself outside the ring, very level headed and articulate. ( suprising for most boxers). Bring the belt home and he will fight next in Ireland get more media attention then im sure.

Last edited by mugsy; 10-04-15 at 03:03. Reason: mention other reason which have no place in a betting forum.
mugsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks From:
Old 10-04-15, 03:36   #85
CHDog
Creative when bored

Also don't agree with that but see what he means. I'm a big Andy Lee fan whilst hating boxing so hopefully he can keep a hold of the belt and gain a bandwagon. I've watched him on undercards over here. Nothing but love for the man. Bit annoyed it's Booth that gets the best outa him but meh to complaining.
Old 10-04-15, 20:09   #86
mcnugget

No longer a title fight after Quillin misses the weight. Kid Chocolate is right.
mcnugget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-15, 21:05   #87
Jam-Fly

He (well his parents/family) lives a few miles from me and he is definitely as Irish as can be.

Would I be right in saying there's no financial incentive for the Irish media to be pimping the shit out of him and that's why there's no hype around him? Is that Lee's fault or does his camp have better financial options elsewhere?
Jam-Fly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-15, 21:11   #88
FeetMagic

Where and what time can this viewed?
FeetMagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-15, 21:27   #89
luckforsome

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcnugget View Post
No longer a title fight after Quillin misses the weight. Kid Chocolate is right.
...Wonder could this be a blessing in disguise... It means he will more than likely be defending against Saunders in the summer, and reckon that'll be a quality fight that I think he has quite a good chance of winning...
...Was worried he would struggle tomorrow, but given the fact Quillan wasn't even close to making weight, you'd have to wonder what his motivation is like...Some mentioned KO tomorrow, and I reckon it'll be an even bigger chance now...
luckforsome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-15, 04:46   #90
Lord Sir Banter
Bantersaurus Rex m8

Boxing is pretty much just two lads in a roped squared off enclosure punching each other repeatedly in the head.

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $
Lord Sir Banter is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks From:
Old 08-05-16, 03:33   #91
mugsy
straight arrow

khan by split decision 28/1........saver on the fight going the distance.
Old 26-11-16, 16:30   #92
rounders123

Backing Craig Evans 6/5 to beat Tom Stalker this evening.
Stalker a GB Olymipc team captain is fighting from the infamous MGM Marbella gym and that gym is a similar level of professionalism to what 90's football was under under Ron Atkinson.
This is a trilogy after 2 previous draws between them as ridiculous as it sounds. Evans is now on home turf in Wales and Stalker needed the oul towels on the scales(coat in this instance) to make weight which is never a positive.
Fill yer boots and thank me later.

rounders123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-16, 09:40   #93
balfejohn

Quote:
Originally Posted by rounders123 View Post
Backing Craig Evans 6/5 to beat Tom Stalker this evening.
Stalker a GB Olymipc team captain is fighting from the infamous MGM Marbella gym and that gym is a similar level of professionalism to what 90's football was under under Ron Atkinson.
This is a trilogy after 2 previous draws between them as ridiculous as it sounds. Evans is now on home turf in Wales and Stalker needed the oul towels on the scales(coat in this instance) to make weight which is never a positive.
Fill yer boots and thank me later.

Good call on this
Evens won on points
balfejohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks From:
Old 27-11-16, 10:26   #94
Mellor

Missed the tip earlier good shout.
One of the judges scored it a draw again
Mellor is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks From:
Old 27-11-16, 13:01   #95
rounders123

Yeah some mad scoring in the boxing never ceases. Evans just too busy and aggressive. Some complain about MMA scoring, nothing is perfect but its 5 times straighter than boxing scoring imo. Anyway not even the judges could scupper this. I actually thought the weigh in told a lot.
Old 29-01-17, 01:41   #96
mugsy
straight arrow

rare to get a tempting price in a boxing match. reckon frampton v cruz is close to a 50/50 based on the last fight so taking a piece of cruz also the draw is a possibility this time around.

no interest in undercard so hopefully stay awake to watch. really enjoyed their last fight. hard to claim frampton as irish but we have nobody else to follow on world stage.

if it goes similar to last fight frampton will dominate the early rounds and cruz will keep up the pace as fight goes on so maybe in running is a better punt on him or abort if not looking like he is going to get the decision.
Old 04-03-17, 13:36   #97
Elshambles
Wierdo

Prices all wrong for tonight!?

Haye hasn't had a proper fight in 5-ish years, shoulder surgery and a bit flaky
Bellew is no mug!

A good Haye should kill him, size should count but... how good is Haye compared to the prices?

anyhu based on prices:

Bellew rounds 4-6 22/1
&
£10 on Bellew, round 1 80/1 (on the off chance Haye hangs out his chin)
Old 04-03-17, 15:43   #98
luckforsome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elshambles View Post
Prices all wrong for tonight!?

Haye hasn't had a proper fight in 5-ish years, shoulder surgery and a bit flaky
Bellew is no mug!

A good Haye should kill him, size should count but... how good is Haye compared to the prices?

anyhu based on prices:

Bellew rounds 4-6 22/1
&
£10 on Bellew, round 1 80/1 (on the off chance Haye hangs out his chin)
...I was thinking this the last couple of weeks, thought bellew was a great price...But Haye looked in cracking shape yesterday compared to bellew and looked to be carrying his weight very well... I think it'll be in an interesting fight but Haye will be too powerful for him, although I hope I'm wrong lol...
luckforsome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-17, 15:52   #99
rounders123

Agree Haye is overpriced but he looks in much better shape than Bellew. Whats Bellew even doing fighting at Heavyweight!, he helps Haye look more of a Heavyweight which he isnt. Bellew looks like he will succumb by body shots. Its a bit of a joke of a fight although i hope its entertaining. I always say in these joke fights hedge to back a draw or even a DQ as you could believe anything. This is boxing after all.
Old 04-03-17, 16:05   #100
CHDog
Creative when bored

Haye rounds 3-4 for me, 3/1.

Irish Poker Boards > Gambling > General Gambling