Irish Poker Boards
Register Arcade FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Go Back   Irish Poker Boards > Gambling > General Gambling

Old 21-05-11, 06:25   #21
Mellor

Cleverly is 15.0 to win rd 1 on betfair

I still think 1/3 inside 9 rounds is value, but I took him on BF at 1.4 (2/5) to win inside 12 rounds
In a fit spontanuity, i put far too much of my roll on him

35 Betfair bonus
Mellor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-11, 12:54   #22
Semibluff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mellor View Post
Cleverly is 15.0 to win rd 1 on betfair

I still think 1/3 inside 9 rounds is value, but I took him on BF at 1.4 (2/5) to win inside 12 rounds
In a fit spontanuity, i put far too much of my roll on him
If you've too much on him, ill take whatever action you dont want. Quote before the off if you want, and pm the amount

Otherwise no bother and GL with it
Semibluff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-11, 03:08   #23
Mellor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Semibluff View Post
If you've too much on him, ill take whatever action you dont want. Quote before the off if you want, and pm the amount

Otherwise no bother and GL with it
Sorry SB didn't see that post, I prob would of just taken the sweat tbh.
Felt prett confident that he'd finish it and put my biggest betfair bet to date on him, then as soon as I did the sensible bankroll management side of me kicked it.

KO'd in the fourth. So happy today.

35 Betfair bonus
Mellor is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks From:
Old 02-06-11, 23:27   #24
briii1

Anyone doing any bets on the weekend fights?
What do people think of murrays chances against rees ?
I see he's available at 9/4 for the win, also is froch on points against
Johnson at4/5 an absolute banke?
briii1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-11, 09:27   #25
Jaysoose

Quote:
Originally Posted by briii1 View Post
Anyone doing any bets on the weekend fights?
What do people think of murrays chances against rees ?
I see he's available at 9/4 for the win, also is froch on points against
Johnson at4/5 an absolute banke?
I think Murray has his hands full tommorow night this is huge jump up in class, although with neither being a massive puncher it could well go the distance. Murray has a couple of inches in both reach and height so its a matter of him trying to keep rees on the outside and boxing the shorter man which most have found difficult with the little welshman.

The question being is Murray as good a boxer as his management think he is, he hasnt been troubled very much in his career to date and can he handle the jump up in class?

Im thinking Rees on points all day unfortunately with a brave Murray hearing the final bell..
Jaysoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks From:
Old 03-06-11, 10:47   #26
briii1

Il probably just go for the Murray fight to go the distance, I was just looking at the prices as i remember when McCloskey beat Lines over in England he was a similar price, Think Rees being back down at lightweight suits him much better have not seen his last few fights and missed prizefighter.
Old 19-06-11, 14:37   #27
CheckRaise

Klitschko v Haye. Where do ye see the value?

Wladimir Klitschko by Decision or Technical Decision @ 4/1?

Both have high KO%s and suspect chins but I think their contrasting styles could prolong the fight at an easy pace and it will come down to the 12th to see if one can finish the other off. Klitschko should take the early rounds.

Tale of the Tape:

Wladimir Klitschko
Height: 6 feet 6
Reach: 81′
Stance: Orthodox
KO %: 84.48%

David Haye
Height: 6 feet 3
Reach: 78”
Stance: Orthodox
KO%: 88.46%

Other bets:

Over 7.5 Rounds @ 1.85

Wladimir Klitschko Round 12 @ 34

Wladimir Klitschko to be knocked down and win @ 8

Wladimir Klitschko by Decision or Technical Decision
Stake: 22% Returns: 110%

Over 7.5 Rounds
Stake: 55% Returns 101%

Wladimir Klitschko Round 12
Stake: 10% Returns 340%

Wladimir Klitschko to be knocked down and win
Stake: 13% Returns: 104%

Last edited by CheckRaise; 19-06-11 at 15:28.
CheckRaise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-11, 18:41   #28
briii1

I think Haye has a real chace in this one, I think everyone is expecting Haye to come out and try and blow Klitck away early. I would not be surprised to see Haye try and stick and move and use his speed advantage and beat Klitscko on the run.
Haye's a great talker and has the skill to back it up, Booth is no fool either and i think they know there not going to bum rush him early. like everyone thinks is his only chance.
i hope its a good fight i'll look at the prices close to see whats available.
Il be leaning twoards a Haye win at 7/5
Old 20-06-11, 01:39   #29
MelissaDaisy99

i can see him getting to the end of 12rds for a brave points loss. Addy standing in against Rig at short notice and getting tothe end beaten on pts(8rd's) stands to this.
Old 24-06-11, 06:31   #30
luluxiu

Casey is an honest mistake, and is prepared to die trying, if doesn't spend energy and intensity to show myself, I can see that he got the courage to point 12rds end losses. Adi stand against drilling in a short time and get tothe end point (8rd of) beating stands to reason that....
Old 24-06-11, 13:22   #31
Donk Magnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by briii1 View Post
I think Haye has a real chace in this one, I think everyone is expecting Haye to come out and try and blow Klitck away early. I would not be surprised to see Haye try and stick and move and use his speed advantage and beat Klitscko on the run.
Haye's a great talker and has the skill to back it up, Booth is no fool either and i think they know there not going to bum rush him early. like everyone thinks is his only chance.
i hope its a good fight i'll look at the prices close to see whats available.
Il be leaning twoards a Haye win at 7/5
i think ur right haye prob will stick and move as i dont think he will want to be close to a guy who has as high ko % and tbh im not sure if he has the chin to get stuck in . should be a great fight to watch but imo prob best stay away from the bookies and just spectate .
Donk Magnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-11, 19:47   #32
CheckRaise

I keep looking at this match trying to price it up and the only thing that is a certainty from each of their records including winning distances against certain types of opponents is that this fight is unpredictable. It should be a great fight and I'm looking too hard for a bet.

Have given up trying to figure it out and will just enjoy it with one bet:

Wladimir Klitschko to be knocked down @ 2.62 (Paddy Power)

Last edited by CheckRaise; 30-06-11 at 20:43.
CheckRaise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-11, 20:11   #33
Jaysoose

I'm thinking haye has a massive chance here as wLad has been feeding on the likes of Samuel Peter and at best b level fighters which in my opinion has flattered him, haye will connect at some stage and I'm thinking booth will have a perfect gameplan as always, the 7/5 about haye has to be taken imo.

Have gone for the 7/5 haye to win as my main bet and like smaller bets on the group betting Haye 5-8 and 9-12.

I just feel that wlad won't have the luxury of standing behind his jab like he has against the usual plodding heavyweights. A lot of ifs and buts i know but the last time wlad went in against a fast handed heavy in sanders we all know what happened.
Old 30-06-11, 20:46   #34
eagle eye
Should've gone to Specsavers

Location: Slowly making my way toward the inevitable mortal ending
Haye's only chance of winning this fight is by KO so if you are having a bet on it you should back him for a stoppage win.

Personally I'm not betting on it because I can't see Wlad losing if he wants to win. If Haye won this though he is in line for a box office fight that would be bigger than anything seen since the Golden Boy fought Mayweather and against another Klitscho. A loss for Wlad would mean bigger earnings in one fight than the Klitscho brothers would make between them for the rest of their careers if Wlad wins.

Haye has fought nobody of worth. Valuev has ducked the Klitschos his whole career. They have fought better fighters but they want to make money now and the Peters fight was a bigger earner than fighting a good fighter like Chagaev. And Wlad has fought and beat Chagaev which was his only defeat to date.

Last edited by eagle eye; 30-06-11 at 20:50.
eagle eye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-11, 20:53   #35
Jaysoose

Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle eye View Post
Haye's only chance of winning this fight is by KO so if you are having a bet on it you should back him for a stoppage win.

Personally I'm not betting on it because I can't see Wlad losing if he wants to win. If Haye won this though he is in line for a box office fight that would be bigger than anything seen since the Golden Boy fought Mayweather and against another Klitscho. A loss for Wlad would mean bigger earnings in one fight than the Klitscho brothers would make between them for the rest of their careers if Wlad wins.
How do you figure his only chance is a ko? He took vlauev on points and could realistically outbox wlad and wlad won't be able to jab and grab as much against Hayes movement.
Old 30-06-11, 22:23   #36
Insanodude

^^ Cuz its in germany lol.
Insanodude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-11, 22:33   #37
eagle eye
Should've gone to Specsavers

Location: Slowly making my way toward the inevitable mortal ending
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaysoose View Post
How do you figure his only chance is a ko? He took vlauev on points and could realistically outbox wlad and wlad won't be able to jab and grab as much against Hayes movement.
There is no chance he could outbox Wlad. Wlad is the best boxing heavyweight in the world and by a mile. Wlad has been stopped three times in his career. Nobody has ever gotten close to beating him on points. He has stopped nearly all of his opponents and he has great power too but he wins most rounds that he fights. The reason for such a high knockout ratio is that his opponents go for it or tire because they are being owned round after round and he gets opportunities to finish fights.

He is the best boxing heavyweight since Lewis and one of the best boxing heavys of all time. He isn't a good scrapper but he doesn't need to do that, he has the jaw weakness too but he will never lose a fight over the distance.

Personally I think as an all round Vitaly is the best of the two of them but for pure boxing technique Wlad is miles ahead of anybody.

And actually lol, there is the Germany factor anyways if it went the distance as Insanodude mentions.

Edit: And Valuev is just a big oaf. He is clueless and has lived off handy fights for years. He wouldn't fight the Klitschkos and he wouldn't fight his compatriot Chagaev either. There is a huge lack of decent fighters in the division and he has never fought any of them. And Luiz has been a bum in fighting terms for years now, long, long before he fought Haye.

Last edited by eagle eye; 30-06-11 at 22:37.
eagle eye is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Thanks From:
Old 01-07-11, 20:44   #38
Jaysoose

Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle eye View Post
There is no chance he could outbox Wlad. Wlad is the best boxing heavyweight in the world and by a mile. Wlad has been stopped three times in his career. Nobody has ever gotten close to beating him on points. He has stopped nearly all of his opponents and he has great power too but he wins most rounds that he fights. The reason for such a high knockout ratio is that his opponents go for it or tire because they are being owned round after round and he gets opportunities to finish fights.

He is the best boxing heavyweight since Lewis and one of the best boxing heavys of all time. He isn't a good scrapper but he doesn't need to do that, he has the jaw weakness too but he will never lose a fight over the distance.

Personally I think as an all round Vitaly is the best of the two of them but for pure boxing technique Wlad is miles ahead of anybody.

And actually lol, there is the Germany factor anyways if it went the distance as Insanodude mentions.

Edit: And Valuev is just a big oaf. He is clueless and has lived off handy fights for years. He wouldn't fight the Klitschkos and he wouldn't fight his compatriot Chagaev either. There is a huge lack of decent fighters in the division and he has never fought any of them. And Luiz has been a bum in fighting terms for years now, long, long before he fought Haye.
Some fair points but I think haye is head and shoulders technically than most of the heavies wlad has been smashing for the last while, and definitely the fastest wlad will have faced for quite sme time. No doubt wlad is the best boxing heavy for the last 5 years or more and it's a big ask for haye but it not madness to see haye box the big ukranian. Granted the Germany factor will play a big part in the judging also there are a lot of factors to consider but I don't think it's as clear cut as people seem to think and I have my money down on haye fwiw.

Can't argue with the valuev critique he is a freakshow.
Old 01-07-11, 21:48   #39
dannydiamond

What do you make of the 2 stone weight difference between the two, Is this going to be a big factor?
Old 01-07-11, 21:52   #40
shano_88

Vlad on points for me.
shano_88 is offline   Reply With Quote

Irish Poker Boards > Gambling > General Gambling