Irish Poker Boards
Register Arcade FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Go Back   Irish Poker Boards > Poker > General Poker
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13-09-10, 22:40   #21
MegaSin
Member
 
MegaSin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Ballymun : (
Posts: 4,074
Ok think I asked this before but

I'm in Sb with 4 BBs and I look down at 2 4os, am I always shoving here or do I give up the Sb and wait.

Just me and the BB in it? No/small ante?
MegaSin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-10, 23:05   #22
Flushdraw
The Gamesmaster
 
Flushdraw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Swieqi, Sunny Malta
Posts: 21,813
Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaSin View Post
Ok think I asked this before but

I'm in Sb with 4 BBs and I look down at 2 4os, am I always shoving here or do I give up the Sb and wait.

Just me and the BB in it? No/small ante?
It would depend on a few factors like his stack size/prizemoney/table aggresssion/how many players left etc, but in a vacuum i let it go. You'll get a better chance to ship before the blinds come back to you.
Flushdraw is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks From:
Old 13-09-10, 23:11   #23
MegaSin
Member
 
MegaSin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Ballymun : (
Posts: 4,074
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flushdraw View Post
It would depend on a few factors like his stack size/prizemoney/table aggresssion/how many players left etc, but in a vacuum i let it go. You'll get a better chance to ship before the blinds come back to you.
Last time I did let it go I got I few weird I was wrong looks. But thought I made the right play.
MegaSin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-10, 23:13   #24
Flushdraw
The Gamesmaster
 
Flushdraw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Swieqi, Sunny Malta
Posts: 21,813
Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaSin View Post
Last time I did let it go I got I few weird I was wrong looks. But thought I made the right play.
You're probably better shipping with 42o than J2o tho, because there's more chance you'll have live cards if you're called.
Flushdraw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-10, 23:16   #25
ArmaniJeans
Closed Account
 
ArmaniJeans's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: In the heart of Transylvania, in the Vampire Hall of Fame Yeah.
Posts: 9,250
Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaSin View Post
Ok think I asked this before but

I'm in Sb with 4 BBs and I look down at 2 4os, am I always shoving here or do I give up the Sb and wait.

Just me and the BB in it? No/small ante?
It depends on a load of factors.
For example how wide will the BB call? If he has only 5 or 6 BB himself then he may not call light which improves the chances of the shove getting through. Or you may have him pegged as a supernit which leads to a shove as well.
What stage of the game are we at and are the chip stacks of players not in this hand less than yours? Does having 4BB put you at close to average (not completely unknown ) Is there anyone with less than 1BB who can't survive another round etc. For example I play turbo SNGs on Stars and there are loads of bubble/itm scenarios where this is an insta fold, and ditto loads of situations where its an insta push.
In a knowledge vacuum, where I don't know any of these answers, then I'd say its a shove.
ArmaniJeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-10, 23:34   #26
MegaSin
Member
 
MegaSin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Ballymun : (
Posts: 4,074
Live tournie so I am short stacked. The Villain has 7/8 BB but know will call. Middle of game so nothing going on. Ie people are content to sit on stacks and blinds are not forcing hands to much.

@ Flushdraw I see where you are coming from, but I would still rather push with something I might be ahead with when I know I am getting called. With 4 2os I am never ever ahead. Least with a K or Q I might be called with suited connectors.
MegaSin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-10, 12:56   #27
pflynn10
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 24
I was just wondering how rackback worked,I was thinking of puting $400-$500 online and playing 5c/10c and playing for on average 3 hours per day so realistically how much could I expect to get in rackback?also any recomandations on what would be the best site for it?
Thanks
pflynn10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-10, 14:24   #28
sickhabbit
Member
 
sickhabbit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: [ ] Wears the pants
Posts: 465
How many tables? You'e overrolled for .5/.10 if you're putting that much on. Also, FA RB at .5/.10

http://www.rakebrain.com/rakeback-calculator.php
sickhabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-10, 11:20   #29
_UTG_
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flushdraw View Post
You're probably better shipping with 42o than J2o tho, because there's more chance you'll have live cards if you're called.
Except for a situation like this with only 1 player remaining, heads up I'd much rather the later.
_UTG_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-10, 11:23   #30
MegaSin
Member
 
MegaSin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Ballymun : (
Posts: 4,074
Quote:
Originally Posted by _UTG_ View Post
Except for a situation like this with only 1 player remaining, heads up I'd much rather the later.
Weird how I was thinking about this again.

But that was my thinking. Knowing the villian was calling with anything I would be better shipping with the J and hoping I might have a high card.
MegaSin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-10, 11:35   #31
tipp86
LifeNit
 
tipp86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 5,275
Quote:
Originally Posted by pflynn10 View Post
I was just wondering how rackback worked,I was thinking of puting $400-$500 online and playing 5c/10c and playing for on average 3 hours per day so realistically how much could I expect to get in rackback?also any recomandations on what would be the best site for it?
Thanks
I just had a look at my hem and you rake approx $21 per 1k hands at 20nl.

Then its up to you how many tables you play and all that sort of stuff.

I have 60% rb and 9 table so that means playing 3 hours would provide me with $25 rakeback.
tipp86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-10, 13:34   #32
pflynn10
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipp86 View Post
I just had a look at my hem and you rake approx $21 per 1k hands at 20nl.

Then its up to you how many tables you play and all that sort of stuff.

I have 60% rb and 9 table so that means playing 3 hours would provide me with $25 rakeback.
what site is it you get 60% rb from?also what site would you recomend for someone starting out online?
thanks
pflynn10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-10, 14:14   #33
sickhabbit
Member
 
sickhabbit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: [ ] Wears the pants
Posts: 465
Quote:
Originally Posted by pflynn10 View Post
what site is it you get 60% rb from?also what site would you recomend for someone starting out online?
thanks
shush... check some signatures...
sickhabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-10, 15:20   #34
Caf
Member
 
Caf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Ireland
Posts: 5,406
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickhabbit View Post
How many tables? You'e overrolled for .5/.10 if you're putting that much on. Also, FA RB at .5/.10

http://www.rakebrain.com/rakeback-calculator.php
Here was me thinking that your br system was made to suit you. How do you know that this person is overrolled for 5/10c? He only has 40 or 50 buy ins for those stakes. Unless you know more about this player than is in this thread?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pflynn10 View Post
I was just wondering how rackback worked,I was thinking of puting $400-$500 online and playing 5c/10c and playing for on average 3 hours per day so realistically how much could I expect to get in rackback?also any recomandations on what would be the best site for it?
Thanks
There is a thread that would be useful for you here:

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...ead.php?t=5341
Caf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-10, 16:01   #35
sickhabbit
Member
 
sickhabbit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: [ ] Wears the pants
Posts: 465
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caf View Post
Here was me thinking that your br system was made to suit you. How do you know that this person is overrolled for 5/10c? He only has 40 or 50 buy ins for those stakes. Unless you know more about this player than is in this thread?

Good point well made...

TC
sickhabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-10, 17:30   #36
tipp86
LifeNit
 
tipp86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 5,275
I personally have 100 buyins for the level i play at. Everyone is different there is def a lower level not to go under but on the higher end its personal choices that effect it.
tipp86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-10, 16:47   #37
MegaSin
Member
 
MegaSin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Ballymun : (
Posts: 4,074
Just got some money on stars.

Noticed that the quick betting option like on iPoker(1/2 pot 1/4 pot) are not there. Anyway to get em there or is that it?

Last edited by MegaSin; 06-11-10 at 17:18.
MegaSin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-10, 16:52   #38
Caf
Member
 
Caf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Ireland
Posts: 5,406
Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaSin View Post
Just god some money on stars.

Noticed that the quick betting option like on iPoker(1/2 pot 1/4 pot) are not there. Anyway to get em there or is that it?
Not on stars Megasin. Just what you see is what you get afaik.
Caf is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks From:
Old 06-11-10, 16:55   #39
sligoboi
Loves blaas
 
sligoboi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 4,259
Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaSin View Post
Just god some money on stars.

Noticed that the quick betting option like on iPoker(1/2 pot 1/4 pot) are not there. Anyway to get em there or is that it?
Like Caf says I think it's just what you get. Use it as an opportunity to improve your game. A lot of people use those buttons without thinking so just try and think about why you are betting and what amount you think will achieve this. Stack sizes very important.
__________________
Pining for Wa'erford
sligoboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks From:
Old 06-11-10, 17:20   #40
MegaSin
Member
 
MegaSin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Ballymun : (
Posts: 4,074
Cheers guys. I suppose it will make me think about my bets alot more.

Just I seen some people intsa bet out odd amounts. But I am guessing this is some 3rd party software?
MegaSin is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

  Irish Poker Boards > Poker > General Poker

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 11:52.