Irish Poker Boards
GG Poker May 17
Register Arcade FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Irish Poker Boards > Poker > General Poker

Old 05-09-10, 11:56   #1
KevIRL
Administrator

New to Poker? Ask any questions here.. no smart answers please

This thread is here so anyone who might have a question that they're afraid to ask or a potentially simple hand they'd like to get advice on (but don't want to start a thread about it) can post it in here and they will get a genuine response.

The rules in this thread are simple, no levelling, genuine responses only, and because the people asking the questions are new to the game, 1 word answers are not permitted, take a little time to even give a one sentence reply as to why you'd do something.

I'll be reading it so if any newbs don't realise they are being levelled, I will and you will be suitably punished. (At mine and the other mods discretion, from a warning to a ban for persistent transgressions)
KevIRL is offline   Reply With Quote
3 Thanks From:
Old 07-09-10, 21:41   #2
poppydogwins

pokersites

hi all ,could u advise me some good poker sites iam with paddypower would like to try others could u please advise thank you dom
poppydogwins is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks From:
Old 07-09-10, 22:06   #3
KevIRL
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppydogwins View Post
hi all ,could u advise me some good poker sites iam with paddypower would like to try others could u please advise thank you dom
It depends what you like playing, and for how long.

Stars and Full Tilt get get the most traffic, but the standard is generally a bit tougher. They have a huge selection of game types and buy in level, if its tournaments you are into they have some brilliant guarentee's but the large number of players can mean a long run to the final table.

ipoker (ppp and others such as Boyles) doesnt have great software, but the player pool is largely european and the tournament sizes arent as big. Other similar options are Cake (Brucepoker) and Entraction (ladbrokes)

I'm sure some of the other online lads can give you more advice particulary around rakeback and sign up bonuses.
Thanks From:
Old 07-09-10, 22:49   #4
liz:)

ladbrokes is supposed to be pretty soft for cash games,i myself never play on it anymore but they have good sats for their big games and as far as i know the cash games on it are pretty low standard
liz:) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-10, 22:56   #5
tipp86
LifeNit

Quote:
Try a few different sites and avail of sign up bonuses then decide what you want. When signing up seek advise here as to whether rakeback is available as if you sign up you may not be able to get it in future.
tipp86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-10, 22:56   #6
sickhabbit

Quote:
It depends what you're playing, if you can tell me that I can give you some advice. I only pay cash on-line and across a number of site so let me know.
sickhabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-10, 12:31   #7
playuppompey pompeyplayup

i gave pl omaha a go for first time last night on 5/10c got up to $40 but got into big pot and lost $30, called small raise pre, flop came 3c4h7c i had 5h6s8s9h 3 players in the hand first to act leads out for $1.50 i raised pot of $6 next player calls $6 and initial raiser moves all in for for $22 more , i call other player fold , up against AcAs7d8c
club hits river,
Im just wondering shud i be raising with no club in my hand or is it better to just flat call ?
playuppompey pompeyplayup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-10, 12:38   #8
5starpool
Administrator

There is nothing wrong with the way you played it either. In Omaha you may sometime have to consider folding the nuts, and this hand is a good example of when you might think of it because it is a 3 way pot so you could be up against both clubs and a set, as well as maybe only splitting it if the board bricks out. However, at 5c/10c this wouldn't really come into my thinking an awful lot, you you played it fine in my opinion.
Old 08-09-10, 12:45   #9
Dice75
Bringing the Mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5starpool View Post
There is nothing wrong with the way you played it either. In Omaha you may sometime have to consider folding the nuts, and this hand is a good example of when you might think of it because it is a 3 way pot so you could be up against both clubs and a set, as well as maybe only splitting it if the board bricks out. However, at 5c/10c this wouldn't really come into my thinking an awful lot, you you played it fine in my opinion.
Interesting hand i'd say (don't play Omaha really). Will probably play a couple of the IPB/IWF Omaha games and was wondering if in a tourney game would this be, generally, a flat call & re-evaluate on turn or a raise for info & fold to repop?

2017 LIVE IRISH POKER RANKINGS

Dice75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-10, 20:09   #10
poppydogwins

thanks for the reply i only play tournament poker
poppydogwins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-10, 20:12   #11
KevIRL
Administrator

Quote:
thanks for the reply i only play tournament poker
Dont play any more Razz anyway
Old 08-09-10, 23:01   #12
CHDog
Creative when bored

Send a message via MSN to CHDog
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevIRL
no smart answers please
CHDog is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Thanks From:
Old 08-09-10, 23:14   #13
Angry-Ball
A rather odd chap

Quote:
Originally Posted by playuppompey pompeyplayup View Post
i gave pl omaha a go for first time last night on 5/10c got up to $40 but got into big pot and lost $30, called small raise pre, flop came 3c4h7c i had 5h6s8s9h 3 players in the hand first to act leads out for $1.50 i raised pot of $6 next player calls $6 and initial raiser moves all in for for $22 more , i call other player fold , up against AcAs7d8c
club hits river,
Im just wondering shud i be raising with no club in my hand or is it better to just flat call ?
i don't play omaha atall. but would consider this hand to be very similar to a holdem hand where you have flopped the nuts and getting it all in against some guy looking to draw out. as you don't know where any of the other clubs are in the deck only the 2 on the board and the 2 in his hand i would assume that this is the same % as holdem and that he has roughly a 36% chance of making his flush by the river. though luck imo
could be completely wrong do

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"
Angry-Ball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-10, 16:42   #14
sickhabbit

I think stars is the best for this but not really sure... It's RNG broke last night though and actually gave me some hands... then got working again near the end and fucked me.
sickhabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks From:
Old 13-09-10, 19:38   #15
Ziggin&Zaggin

dont think this deserves a thread so ill ask in here.

brother started playing poker a few weeks back so i transfered some funds to his account via another account i had on boyles.

now i know that transfers stop us playing at same cash tables and that. but as i said i did it thru another account. and for first few days we we were able to play. then this evo boom not allowed.

is this an ip addy thingy or what happened
Ziggin&Zaggin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-10, 20:02   #16
sligoboi
Loves blaas

Eh you realise people from these skins read and post on here yeah?
Old 13-09-10, 20:15   #17
liz:)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggin&Zaggin View Post

brother started playing poker a few weeks back so i transfered some funds to his account via another account i had on boyles.

now i know that transfers stop us playing at same cash tables and that. but as i said i did it thru another account. and for first few days we we were able to play. then this evo boom not allowed.

i know that sometimes when 2 people try to play the same tournies even mtt's that if they have sent money to each other then whoever tries to reg second cant get in but i think that after 24 hours it goes back to normal.just ring customer service thats what i do and theyl sort it
liz:) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-10, 20:24   #18
Angry-Ball
A rather odd chap

Quote:
Originally Posted by liz:) View Post
i know that sometimes when 2 people try to play the same tournies even mtt's that if they have sent money to each other then whoever tries to reg second cant get in but i think that after 24 hours it goes back to normal.just ring customer service thats what i do and theyl sort it
just dosn't encourage staking atall

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"
Angry-Ball is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks From:
Old 13-09-10, 20:49   #19
Caf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggin&Zaggin View Post

You can't play cash with someone you have shipped to. Mtts are fine afaik.
Caf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-10, 21:27   #20
Flushdraw
The Gamesmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by playuppompey pompeyplayup View Post
club hits river,
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5starpool View Post
5starpool is a better omaha player than me and i agree with some of his thinking in this post, but you have to fold when he raises 22 more. This is 220 big blinds MORE to call when you could be chopping and facing someone with the club redraw, or facing the nutflush and a set. I prefer a call on the flop and maybe get it in against a brick on the turn, but raising is ok aswel i suppose.
Flushdraw is offline   Reply With Quote

Irish Poker Boards > Poker > General Poker