Irish Poker Boards
Register Arcade FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Go Back   Irish Poker Boards > Poker > General Poker

Old 24-06-15, 20:37   #61
Jam-Fly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim Huybrechts View Post
Lol, unless Hastings was playing in the IPB home games aswell on that account was he
cheers. It actually wasn't 100% confirmed anywhere and I thought people here would probably know for sure.
Jam-Fly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-15, 20:41   #62
Jam-Fly

Quote:
Originally Posted by welk_in View Post
Noel is head of Tote or something isn't he he seems a bit legit to get involved in this nonsense?
and basically this was the reason I felt the need to have it confirmed. Surely can't be much of an upside to having your name constantly mentioned in this negative publicity.
Old 24-06-15, 21:06   #63
Kim Huybrechts
GOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jam-Fly View Post
and basically this was the reason I felt the need to have it confirmed. Surely can't be much of an upside to having your name constantly mentioned in this negative publicity.
True, the only upside I can see is the almighty dollar
Old 25-06-15, 00:29   #64
mugsy
straight arrow

Quote:
I was actually being serious. Has it been confirmed or is it just generally accepted that the NoelHayes account originally belonged to Noel Hayes?
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHD View Post
Gab created the NoelHayes and BigNittyBanker accounts years back.

Looks like they are being played on by Hastings recently.
Quote:
why dont you just ask him? he posts here enough.

jam fly seems like a nosey bloke. im watching you jam fly
mugsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-15, 01:35   #65
CHDog
Creative when bored

Send a message via MSN to CHDog
Quote:
Originally Posted by mugsy
why dont you just ask him? he posts here enough.

jam fly seems like a nosey bloke. im watching you jam fly
You watch all you like m8.

We could ask him but he won't reply. There is a thread on 2+2 about it which he reads several times daily.

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/sh...&postcount=104

So why ask him on here when he has said nothing since the start of this account actually being a winner? Why hasn't he replied on 2+2? Why the silence?

Cause he has done something retarded and wrong despite working in similar businesses. Anyone who isn't a retarded lick arse fan boy knows that he is a lick arse fan boy himself. If the account is him, fair play to him, keep winning but he probably jumped at the chance to sell his account to someone he wants to be.

Silence is deafening.
CHDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks From:
Old 25-06-15, 13:36   #66
Flushdraw
The Gamesmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinger88 View Post
All,

I have been following the thread some but been very busy this summer playing the WSOP. I'm aware of the allegations, but at this time I have nothing to add to the conversation publicly. I stopped caring what strangers on the internet said or thought about me many years ago; otherwise I probably would've jumped off the deep end by now. What I do care about is something like this being a major story in the poker world at a time in which the WSOP is in full force and we should be trying to promote and grow the game of poker, rather than drag it through the mud. Think what you want about me, but one thing I have in common with most people reading this is that we love the game of poker and want to be able to play it freely in the comfort of our own homes. I'm moving back to PA soon to play 400/800 mix live and be closer to Sonya's and my parents, and state regulation of online poker would be a nice cherry on top.

I think especially those of us who are professional poker players should be taking steps to try to promote and grow the game, rather than feeling sorry for themselves because Cardrunners was founded, Black Friday happened, everybody is too good now, etc. With enough hard work, I truly believe that just about anyone (at least anyone smart enough to be browsing 2+2) can make a living playing poker in 2015. I think it's unfortunate that certain people have been on bad runs and choose to take their frustrations out outwardly rather than by trying to self improve, but I get it, it's certainly not always easy. I did not turn a profit in 2 of the previous 3 years, but with an improved mindset, an amazing woman in my life, and a strong work ethic, I've gotten my game back to where it needs to be.

This will be my last post in this thread. If you'd like to discuss further with me I'm just a PM away.

Brian
Flushdraw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-15, 13:42   #67
Dice75
Bringing the Mac

My favourite post in that 2+2 thread .....

Re: Brian Hastings accused of Multi-Accounting as "NoelHayes"

He must have known he would get busted since pros would recognize his play and an old businessman wont play at this skill level. So since cheating will be a big hit to his reputation he probably decided to not hang around at the poker scene anymore on beforehand and thus might as well book a winning online while its still possible at high stakes.

2017 LIVE IRISH POKER RANKINGS

Dice75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-15, 14:43   #68
Daragh999

Send a message via AIM to Daragh999 Send a message via Skype™ to Daragh999
Hastings post might be my favorite in the history of 2+2. So arrogant and condescending without actually saying anything at all. Could easily be written as, 'Haters gonna hate, rubbing money on my titties.'
Old 25-06-15, 14:58   #69
newbie2

cliffs?
Old 25-06-15, 15:25   #70
NicoSanty

Quote:
Originally Posted by newbie2 View Post
cliffs?
"NoelHayes" acc. on stars wins lots during scoop while clearly not being Noel Hayes.

Acc. gets outed as Brian Hastings on twitter. He apparently told some of his friends it was him but it was not common knowledge to most regs.

His is response to accusations was basically this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daragh999 View Post
Hastings post might be my favorite in the history of 2+2. So arrogant and condescending without actually saying anything at all. Could easily be written as, 'Haters gonna hate, rubbing money on my titties.'
NicoSanty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-15, 15:41   #71
thechamp87

Maybe Noel was Stinger88 all these years.

Hastings is a fat nerd. Surely people have more important things to cause a fuss about unless you unknowingly played high stakes mix games against the account.
thechamp87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-15, 16:04   #72
eamonhonda

why would you sell an account that's your actual name?
Old 25-06-15, 16:17   #73
Fuppingreeks

Quote:
Originally Posted by eamonhonda View Post
lol.....
Fuppingreeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-15, 16:19   #74
Jam-Fly

Quote:
Originally Posted by eamonhonda View Post
that's what I couldn't understand. If the screen-name was PokerGuy123 there's a good chance Noel's name would never have been mentioned.

Also, absolutely lol-worthy response from Hastings.
Old 25-06-15, 16:39   #75
poprock

You would have to wonder why this is has come to such fruition now,

Imagine the people who made bracelet bets with hastings, what exactly did they think hastings was doing, taking over 100k in equity in bracelet bets... jerking off in the pool, obviously he was working on his game,
The same guys who laugh, at the stories of legendary prop bets between poker players
when some legend has rigged the game in their favour, have now gotten a taste to what it feels like on the other end, they are hiding behind the facade of MA while obviously wrong does not make up for the fact they did not do their due diligence before trying to make some easy money on a player who in their minds was not that good
poprock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-15, 17:05   #76
Jam-Fly

Quote:
Originally Posted by poprock View Post
You would have to wonder why this is has come to such fruition now,

Imagine the people who made bracelet bets with hastings, what exactly did they think hastings was doing, taking over 100k in equity in bracelet bets... jerking off in the pool, obviously he was working on his game,
The same guys who laugh, at the stories of legendary prop bets between poker players
when some legend has rigged the game in their favour, have now gotten a taste to what it feels like on the other end, they are hiding behind the facade of MA while obviously wrong does not make up for the fact they did not do their due diligence before trying to make some easy money on a player who in their minds was not that good
I don't think the two are as related as some people are making out. Hastings allegedly multi-accounting and Hastings making bracelet bets are separate issues. As someone mentioned in the twoplustwo thread, unless someone explicitly said "Have you been playing high stakes mixed games online? If so, then I am not taking the bet" then it's fair game. The people who have the right to feel most aggrieved are those that played against NoelHayes and did not know it was Hastings playing on the account. Those who made the bracelet bets have little to no case imo.
Old 25-06-15, 17:38   #77
newbie2

I fail to see the problem here. If I set up a poker account and pick Phil Babb as my user name - are people going to be that annoyed when they find out that they are not actually playing against Phil Babb?

Or did I miss something.?

EDIT: I see he is accused of multi accounting - correct? Is it just by chance that he's using the Noel Hayes username as one of his accounts?

Last edited by newbie2; 25-06-15 at 17:41.
newbie2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-15, 18:00   #78
zuutroy
Minor Local Celebrity

No, if you look back at old HHs on boards you can see bcb used that SN back in the day.
Old 25-06-15, 18:22   #79
Flushdraw
The Gamesmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by newbie2 View Post
I fail to see the problem here. If I set up a poker account and pick Phil Babb as my user name - are people going to be that annoyed when they find out that they are not actually playing against Phil Babb?

Or did I miss something.?

EDIT: I see he is accused of multi accounting - correct? Is it just by chance that he's using the Noel Hayes username as one of his accounts?
Hastings plays on Stars as $tinger88 and on FT as LucLongley. He went missing for a while, and then the NoelHayes and BigNittyBanker accounts, went from playing all low stakes games, to playing all the high stakes cash games and the big buyin SCOOPs across Stars and FT.

Seemingly, Hastings told some of his high stakes friends that he was using the account himself, but he never told others. David 'Bakes' Baker being one that was left out of the loop, and he started all the uproar) with these 2 tweets

Flushdraw is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks From:
Old 25-06-15, 18:24   #80
newbie2

Quote:
Originally Posted by zuutroy View Post
No, if you look back at old HHs on boards you can see bcb used that SN back in the day.
Ah,

Oh

Well in that case:

Any response from the man himself (BCB)?

Irish Poker Boards > Poker > General Poker