Irish Poker Boards
Register Arcade FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Go Back   Irish Poker Boards > Poker > Poker Theory, Strategy and Rulings > Tournament Poker

Old 16-02-15, 22:56   #21
mdoug

I'd be sitting with the j-10 spades praying for that red 8 ball
Old 20-02-15, 11:08   #22
AndyFatBastard
Pudgy Bastard

Hrm. I think you played it fine tbh. On the turn you had great pot odds, great implied odds and terrible RIO. But even if you forget about your flush outs (Only mdoug is holding TsJs here ), you've still got 10 bingo cards and a very small chance you won't get paid on a river bet. The call is fine. A fold is fine too given that it's early in a tournament and only fish bust at this stage.

Other thoughts:

-Dealer did you a favour as Ks was the worst card in the deck. Saved you a little bit of agonising over the river fold.

-3betting 56s 127bb deep is distinctly suboptimal. Lern2play deep n00b.
Old 20-02-15, 17:43   #23
AKQJ10

3 bet pre if your gonna play this hand. Especially on french site where its not that unlikely to go 4 way+ by peeling. I know Andy above said its sub optimal but imo think its better than peeling. There'd be tables where I'd fold and there'd be tables where I'd 3bet. Id peel this from BB and occasionally the button with tight blinds. Its just not strong enough imo.

As played pre, on flop i would just raise again and get it in if he shoves. I think its pretty good spot for him to raise flop and bomb bomb on alot of runouts with J10xx etc. Once you just called flop you can only call turn, dont like folding or shoving.
AKQJ10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks From:
Old 21-02-15, 12:49   #24
jazzyfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKQJ10 View Post
3 bet pre if your gonna play this hand. Especially on french site where its not that unlikely to go 4 way+ by peeling. I know Andy above said its sub optimal but imo think its better than peeling. There'd be tables where I'd fold and there'd be tables where I'd 3bet. Id peel this from BB and occasionally the button with tight blinds. Its just not strong enough imo.

As played pre, on flop i would just raise again and get it in if he shoves. I think its pretty good spot for him to raise flop and bomb bomb on alot of runouts with J10xx etc. Once you just called flop you can only call turn, dont like folding or shoving.
this doesnt make to much sense if your saying he can raise flops and bomb bomb run out with j,10xx what makes you think he wont shove to your raise ? you calling 100bb with 6 hi ? we have no info on the player he could have 10-8 of spades for all we no witch kills us he has our blocker

Last edited by jazzyfish; 21-02-15 at 13:23.
jazzyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-15, 14:22   #25
AKQJ10

its just a small part of his range i'm including that i dont think everyone will include. if hes doing it with hands as J10 no fd then i think theres plenty of hands that will just give up facing further action on the flop and that's fine for us, as you said we've 6 high.
AKQJ10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-15, 16:50   #26
jazzyfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKQJ10 View Post
its just a small part of his range i'm including that i dont think everyone will include. if hes doing it with hands as J10 no fd then i think theres plenty of hands that will just give up facing further action on the flop and that's fine for us, as you said we've 6 high.
, on flop i just raise again and get it in if he shoves ,,, this was my point with 6 hi

there s plenty more hands in cr f range that wont fold to further action than there is that would

Last edited by jazzyfish; 23-02-15 at 18:12.
jazzyfish is offline   Reply With Quote

Irish Poker Boards > Poker > Poker Theory, Strategy and Rulings > Tournament Poker