Irish Poker Boards
Register Arcade FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Go Back   Irish Poker Boards > Poker > General Poker
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18-01-15, 18:18   #1
fordey
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 23
From Big Fish to Killer Whale

Hey Guys,

This is my new blog where I will be updating how I am getting with the coaching for profits on BPC. Also I have set up a youtube page where you can see my videos and I will post how I am doing etc. I will be playing nl50 heads up cash and hopefully moving up the ranks as fast as I can!!!


https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDm...2ukZpupGp-fALQ

Last edited by fordey; 18-01-15 at 18:21.
fordey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-15, 22:14   #2
corkie123
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 494
Quote:
Originally Posted by fordey View Post
Hey Guys,

This is my new blog where I will be updating how I am getting with the coaching for profits on BPC. Also I have set up a youtube page where you can see my videos and I will post how I am doing etc. I will be playing nl50 heads up cash and hopefully moving up the ranks as fast as I can!!!


https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDm...2ukZpupGp-fALQ
its blank nothing there cant get anything to work
corkie123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-15, 16:32   #3
gorrrr72
Member
 
gorrrr72's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: The Future
Posts: 2,867
Quote:
Originally Posted by corkie123 View Post
its blank nothing there cant get anything to work
Confirmed busto!
gorrrr72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks From:
Old 23-01-15, 09:04   #4
fordey
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 23
you mean the link, I havent put up anything yet in youtube channell will have an update this week
fordey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-15, 09:05   #5
fordey
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 23
Hey whats up guys, so I am now on the road to heads up killer!! Had an intro meeting with my coach and then got to playing some games. At the moment I am playing to fast and not thinking enough about what I’m doing, its like I’m go into auto pilot. I need to take even more time post flop before I make a play, this is a bad habit that I need to fix.



http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDmtzQ-hV2ukZpupGp-fALQ
fordey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-15, 15:00   #6
CountingCrows
Member
 
CountingCrows's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 38
Why did you put up another link to your empty channel?
CountingCrows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-15, 10:49   #7
fordey
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 23
Prety shit day yesterday hit my stop loss for the day so had to stop. Lost big pot with 10 high flush against A high flush which having to spoke to coach shouldnt have called. Least the stop loss will prevent me from tilting as I have been prone to really bad tilting. Played ok this morning but then afternoon went pear shaped. Anyway onwards and upwards.


Check out my youtube page http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDmt...upGp-fALQ/feed
fordey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-15, 11:03   #8
Flushdraw
The Gamesmaster
 
Flushdraw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Swieqi, Sunny Malta
Posts: 21,811
Quote:
Originally Posted by fordey View Post
Prety shit day yesterday hit my stop loss for the day so had to stop. Lost big pot with 10 high flush against A high flush which having to spoke to coach shouldnt have called. Least the stop loss will prevent me from tilting as I have been prone to really bad tilting. Played ok this morning but then afternoon went pear shaped. Anyway onwards and upwards.


Check out my youtube page http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDmt...upGp-fALQ/feed
What was the hand?

Why move up to 50nl after only 1000 hands at 20nl? After ~800 hands, you were in the red so not sure why. I know you said you were starting at 50nl, but there's quite a difference in standard of play between these 2 levels so many stick with 20nl until you're beating it over a bigger sample first imo
Flushdraw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-15, 13:20   #9
Bodybuilder
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 773
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flushdraw View Post
Why move up to 50nl after only 1000 hands at 20nl? After ~800 hands, you were in the red so not sure why. I know you said you were starting at 50nl, but there's quite a difference in standard of play between these 2 levels so many stick with 20nl until you're beating it over a bigger sample first imo
For the thrill of it?
Bodybuilder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-15, 16:51   #10
fordey
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 23
Staying on nl 4 for time been until I get used to standard lines etc, bit different than husng hypers.
fordey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-15, 14:31   #11
Bodybuilder
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 773
Quote:
Originally Posted by fordey View Post
Staying on nl 4 for time been until I get used to standard lines etc, bit different than husng hypers.
You've gone from 50nl to 4nl? Ah JaySus man just give up the ghost.
Bodybuilder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-15, 14:55   #12
Hitchhiker's Guide To...
Duncan F*****g Stewart
 
Hitchhiker's Guide To...'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: South Cidre
Posts: 26,618
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodybuilder View Post
You've gone from 50nl to 4nl? Ah JaySus man just give up the ghost.
He doesn't seem to actually respond to questions
Hitchhiker's Guide To... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-15, 15:38   #13
fordey
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodybuilder View Post
You've gone from 50nl to 4nl? Ah JaySus man just give up the ghost.
as part of the program i am on had to move down for now til learnt standard lines, sorry not on here alot
fordey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-15, 19:49   #14
fordey
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 23
doing equity analysis as part of my daily session, this is something I never really do so if anyone has any tips on best way to train using it please let me know.
fordey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-15, 20:31   #15
fordey
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 23
Since last post I have got some mental game coaching from Elliot Roe and my tilt issue has improved so much over last 3 weeks, I usually dont go more than few days without tilting but havent tilted in over two weeks now which is incredible for me. Still doing alot of hand reviews to help my thought process which is getting better each day.
fordey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-15, 03:42   #16
LuckyLloyd
The Voice of Reason
 
LuckyLloyd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Celesteville
Posts: 8,171
Seems like a lot of effort is going in on your part anyway.
__________________
"Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes
LuckyLloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-15, 11:51   #17
fordey
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 23
Made some mistakes this week by not game selecting wisely, ended up playing some regs which wasnt a good idea lol!!
fordey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-15, 00:38   #18
fordey
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 23
didnt run to well today was well below EV but thats ok prefer to play well nad lose than play **** and gt lucky!!
fordey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-15, 01:03   #19
Hitchhiker's Guide To...
Duncan F*****g Stewart
 
Hitchhiker's Guide To...'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: South Cidre
Posts: 26,618
These are nonsense posts
Hitchhiker's Guide To... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-15, 20:03   #20
fordey
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 23
How would play this hand?

€0.50 NL (2 max) – Holdem – 2 players[/b]
Hand converted by PokerTracker 4
Hero (SB): 116.34 BB
BB: 70.44 BB (VPIP: 62.50, PFR: 35.00, 3Bet Preflop: 25.00, Hands: 26)

Hero posts SB 0.5 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has 2 J

Hero raises to 2 BB, BB calls 1 BB

Flop: (4 BB, 2 players) 3 9 J
BB checks, Hero bets 3 BB, BB calls 3 BB

Turn: (10 BB, 2 players) 2
BB checks, Hero bets 8.5 BB, BB calls 8.5 BB

River: (27 BB, 2 players) Q
BB bets 22 BB, Hero calls 22 BB

Notes:
Donk 2.5 pot with TP
called 2 streets and donks river big with KK

River play?
I think its ok because of the notes I have, but flush and str8 get there and he could also have better 2P
fordey is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

  Irish Poker Boards > Poker > General Poker

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 04:38.