Register Arcade FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Go Back   Irish Poker Boards > Poker > General Poker
Closed Thread

Old 09-07-14, 14:17   #81
iSnow

Quote:
Originally Posted by RasTa View Post
Cheers, yeah I was on to them already. They quoted €12.50 for 5m of 8mm so guessed it was straight.

Could I force one end up without a bender?
Wtf are you up to? Can I be involved?
Thanks From:
Old 09-07-14, 14:24   #82
RasTa

Quote:
Originally Posted by iSnow View Post
Wtf are you up to? Can I be involved?
If you want yeah, why buy beer when you can make it yourself? Feckers charging roughly €5 a pint from the off license these days(US beer).

Anyway it's just one of these, €60 to buy in the shops

Old 09-07-14, 14:32   #83
AndyFatBastard
Pudgy Bastard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gimmeabreak View Post
not sure who highlighted it but I had brekkie in Bother Hubbards this morning. Exceedingly hipsterish and I felt a little out of place without a beard but little doubt it has a good thing going on.
Had a very similar experience. Fantastic food, repressively judgemental atmosphere.
Old 09-07-14, 14:32   #84
Dice75
Bringing the Mac

Hardy men on bikes coming up on Eurosport. 7 sections of cobbles in pissing rain. Crashes, punctures and a few broken bones ahoy

Plenty of this....

2017 LIVE IRISH POKER RANKINGS

Last edited by Dice75; 09-07-14 at 14:35.
Thanks From:
Old 09-07-14, 14:34   #85
Tar.Aldarion

Send a message via MSN to Tar.Aldarion Send a message via Skype™ to Tar.Aldarion
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gimmeabreak View Post
not sure who highlighted it but I had brekkie in Bother Hubbards this morning. Exceedingly hipsterish and I felt a little out of place without a beard but little doubt it has a good thing going on.
Can't think of what devilishly handsome hipster with a beard would recommend such a place.
Old 09-07-14, 14:39   #86
RasTa

They haven't even hit the cobbles yet and are falling all over the place
Old 09-07-14, 14:40   #87
Dice75
Bringing the Mac

Quote:
They haven't even hit the cobbles yet and are falling all over the place
Yeah, Froome off yesterday & today already. Another bad one on the cobbles and he could retire

Edit - down again!

edit 2 - gonzo b4 the cobbles

2017 LIVE IRISH POKER RANKINGS

Last edited by Dice75; 09-07-14 at 14:43.
Old 09-07-14, 14:44   #88
Bodybuilder

Just had a chugger at the door, felt sorry for that guy, it must be the nut worst job.
Old 09-07-14, 14:46   #89
iSnow

Quote:
If you want yeah, why buy beer when you can make it yourself? Feckers charging roughly €5 a pint from the off license these days(US beer).

Anyway it's just one of these, €60 to buy in the shops

Make it Poitin and Im in
Old 09-07-14, 14:47   #90
Micknail
and I

Quote:
Could I force one end up without a bender?
Old 09-07-14, 14:54   #91
shortstack

Quote:
Originally Posted by ionapaul View Post
About 30-45 mins to and from the hotel each day, which was fine. Left the hotel at 12 noon each day and the coaches were due to leave the festival each night about 15 mins after the last act on the main stage finished. Not much craic back in the hotel, due to to everyone being shattered at the end of the night, was very nice to pull the blackout blinds, hit a comfortable bed and get up to a big breakfast each morning though!

In retrospect the hotel part of the package is only equal to VIP terrace access in terms of the value I'd place on them, I can't overstate how much that was worth to us in terms of comfort and enjoyment. It was just to the left of the main stage, immediately behind the big red radio station building, so from sitting in a deckchair with a cocktail in your hands you could be in the pit within a few minutes, no messing

Yeah, was a bit disappointed with the Black Keys, as I'm a fan. Some of the earlier acts were great, had never heard of Reignwolf or The Temperance Movement before but really enjoyed both.

To help me remember who I saw in years to come, I might as well get a list together - saw full sets for the following:

Dropkick Murphys, Bombay Bicycle Club, Robert Plant and the Sensational Space Shifters, Metallica, The Strypes, Rodrigo y Gabriela, Eels, The Temperance Movement, Kodaline, Haim, Biffy Clyro, The Black Keys, Pearl Jam, Angus and Julia Stone, Foals and Kings of Leon.

Caught some of the set for:

Placebo, London Grammer, The 1975, George Ezra, Jack Johnson, Paolo Nutini, Arctic Monkeys, Reignwolf, Babyshambles, Birdy and Lykke Li.

Missed a good few I would have liked to have seen, but was too tired/inconvenienced for a few - that's my age showing obviously! Had definitely planned to see Interpol on the last night but was a bit muddy after the rainfall so we took the lazy option of staying in the terrace.

Thought I saw MrPillowTalk in the airport on the way home, but didn't see yourself or Gholi at all. Where are ye going next?
Mmm maybe if you could just by the VIP terrace separately would be better. Most nights we spent a good few hours in the after party area where they served food & drink until 4am.

We were queuing for wristbands when Dropkick Murphy's started but could hear it ok and saw the second half of their set. One of my favourite bands and going to see them tonight in Bristol. I live in UK now which is why I wasn't in airport - I drove over. Gholi flew in from Iran and went to Malta straight from gig

Temperance Movement are good but we didn't get there early enough the day they were playing, same for Reignwolf.

The 1975, White Lies, Kodaline and Biffy Clyro I wouldn't have much time for when they come on the radio but enjoyed them all live. Wasn't impress by Rodrigo y Gabriela on the Glastonbury coverage but they were great in the flesh. Damon Albarn was good to chill out to, we just sat outside the tent for that one.

Festivals I tend to find the best experience is away from the front as the show is set up to be taken in as a whole and the atmosphere is still great - plus the bar is in easy reach I thought Metallica's stage show was the best by a mile. At an indoor gig I would usually be somewhere near the front.

Next festival will be the one I am organising in August. Completely different vibe and just slightly smaller at an official 500 capacity but got 35 great acts playing a variety of genres - Ska, Celtic Punk, Folk, Comedy, Scrumpy & Western and Reggae. www.outciderfestival.co.uk If any IPB'ers want to come over then I'll stick you on the guest list.

www.d4events.com
Thanks From:
Old 09-07-14, 14:58   #92
Tar.Aldarion

Send a message via MSN to Tar.Aldarion Send a message via Skype™ to Tar.Aldarion
How I imagine the eclectic mix at rock werchter

Old 09-07-14, 15:10   #93
shortstack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
How I imagine the eclectic mix at rock werchter

The last time I was there Iron Maiden played the official headline Sunday set and then were followed on stage by The Black Eyed Peas for a "Closing the festival" set

Mad Belgians

www.d4events.com
Old 09-07-14, 15:17   #94
Tar.Aldarion

Haha, pity it wasn't followed by our man Garth.

Have a game on me
http://socialarcadeapp.com/garthgame/
Old 09-07-14, 15:35   #95
Hooch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dice75 View Post
Hardy men on bikes coming up on Eurosport. 7 sections of cobbles in pissing rain. Crashes, punctures and a few broken bones ahoy
makes for good viewing
Old 09-07-14, 15:48   #96
ionapaul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denny Crane View Post
Was it a premium number? Their current tour is by request, the ticket holders vote online free for what songs they want; surprising to see them try and milk it like that.
Hmm, not sure if it was a premium number, but you definitely had to pay, saw the small print on the bottom of the screen whenever they pushed it (a few times before/during their set). Yep, I knew that all the rest of their set had been chosen in advance by fans, which is cool - it's just that one 'text your choice!' bit that felt somewhat off.
Old 09-07-14, 15:49   #97
Hitchhiker's Guide To...
Duncan F*****g Stewart

Old 09-07-14, 15:50   #98
Tar.Aldarion

"We're not meant to meet outside the lodge"
Old 09-07-14, 15:55   #99
Hatedajacks

IPB night in Mcgowans later? Free drink for every Dutch goal

Last edited by Hatedajacks; 09-07-14 at 15:58.
Thanks From:
Old 09-07-14, 15:58   #100
tipp86
LifeNit

Last edited by tipp86; 09-07-14 at 16:08.
Closed Thread

Irish Poker Boards > Poker > General Poker