Notices

Go Back   Irish Poker Boards > Poker > General Poker
Closed Thread

Old 09-07-14, 12:21   #61
Kim Huybrechts
GOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strewelpeter View Post
Summer of 1977 while being subjected to two weeks in a mobile home there, I trolled the absolute crap out of everyone else in that arcade.
I used all the money at my disposal (mostly from pwning the pool table and the proceeds from a 2 year old my Uncle was racing that won a couple of times) to take full control of the juke box for more or less every hour the place was open to play on loop the only two tracks on it that weren't utter shite.

Sounds like a productive summer
Old 09-07-14, 12:42   #62
5starpool
Administrator

FU Aer Lingus and your delayed flight yet again. 11.30 departure my hole.
Old 09-07-14, 12:45   #63
Hitchhiker's Guide To...
Duncan F*****g Stewart

The economic recovery has fcked us over. When Raoul was a housewife he was good for 20 posts a day. Similarly when ghostface's closest connection to town planning was an afternoon spent watching A Place in the Sun, he was good for another 10-15 posts a day.
Old 09-07-14, 12:46   #64
SatNav
Oink Oink

Send a message via MSN to SatNav
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
The economic recovery has fcked us over. When Raoul was a housewife he was good for 20 posts a day. Similarly when ghostface's closest connection to town planning was an afternoon spent watching A Place in the Sun, he was good for another 10-15 posts a day.
ehem
Old 09-07-14, 12:46   #65
Dice75
Bringing the Mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle SatNav View Post
now things to do for kids around wexford?
No sea swimming!

http://wexfordhub.com/swimming-ban-wexford/

2017 LIVE IRISH POKER RANKINGS

Old 09-07-14, 12:47   #66
SatNav
Oink Oink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dice75 View Post
What omg noooooooo!!! thats the whole point of going like

Culletons gap in Curracloe, is that just a certain part? could one swim elsewhere on the beach

Last edited by SatNav; 09-07-14 at 12:53.
Old 09-07-14, 12:51   #67
ionapaul

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortstack View Post
Slummed it in the main camping area with MrPillowTalk, Gholimoli and some non poker playing friends. Was my second time there and camping facilities definitely better than most places. Might consider the VIP hotel next time - how long was the coach trip? Any craic to be had back at the hotel?

Pearl Jam and Robert Plant were my two favourite sets also. Was my first time seeing Metallica even though been a fan from the beginning, this might of made it seem better to me for nostalgia reasons. They only matched Pearl Jam on their big tracks whereas Pearl Jam were consistently amazing throughout. Royal Blood were my top "new act". Artic Monkeys phoned it in and Black Keys were a little disappointing but it was hammering it down during their set. Kings Of Leon also put in a good show, better than the last time I saw them there.

The clash with Pixies was annoying. As was the fact you could only get one type of beer, coke and water at most of the regular bars. We found a wine bar & jack daniels/mojito bar but too far from stages to use while watching acts.

Still a great festival - probably only going to bettered by the one we are running in a few weeks
About 30-45 mins to and from the hotel each day, which was fine. Left the hotel at 12 noon each day and the coaches were due to leave the festival each night about 15 mins after the last act on the main stage finished. Not much craic back in the hotel, due to to everyone being shattered at the end of the night, was very nice to pull the blackout blinds, hit a comfortable bed and get up to a big breakfast each morning though!

In retrospect the hotel part of the package is only equal to VIP terrace access in terms of the value I'd place on them, I can't overstate how much that was worth to us in terms of comfort and enjoyment. It was just to the left of the main stage, immediately behind the big red radio station building, so from sitting in a deckchair with a cocktail in your hands you could be in the pit within a few minutes, no messing

Yeah, was a bit disappointed with the Black Keys, as I'm a fan. Some of the earlier acts were great, had never heard of Reignwolf or The Temperance Movement before but really enjoyed both.

To help me remember who I saw in years to come, I might as well get a list together - saw full sets for the following:

Dropkick Murphys, Bombay Bicycle Club, Robert Plant and the Sensational Space Shifters, Metallica, The Strypes, Rodrigo y Gabriela, Eels, The Temperance Movement, Kodaline, Haim, Biffy Clyro, The Black Keys, Pearl Jam, Angus and Julia Stone, Foals and Kings of Leon.

Caught some of the set for:

Placebo, London Grammer, The 1975, George Ezra, Jack Johnson, Paolo Nutini, Arctic Monkeys, Reignwolf, Babyshambles, Birdy and Lykke Li.

Missed a good few I would have liked to have seen, but was too tired/inconvenienced for a few - that's my age showing obviously! Had definitely planned to see Interpol on the last night but was a bit muddy after the rainfall so we took the lazy option of staying in the terrace.

Thought I saw MrPillowTalk in the airport on the way home, but didn't see yourself or Gholi at all. Where are ye going next?
Old 09-07-14, 13:00   #68
ArmaniJeans
Closed Account

Location: In the heart of Transylvania, in the Vampire Hall of Fame Yeah.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevIRL View Post
Slow site response = new thread
Thought we were leaving it until after the World Cup, you made me look like a fool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter Mitty View Post
I think we should make fancy trousers either change his username to something less misleading or change his real name to something more exotic.
May go for a Duckula name change when I meander my way to 10K posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokerhand View Post
Go forth and conquer lads. Front page glory!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laois Hammer View Post
While the lurk element stays consistent the posts per day is in a serious decline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
The silly craze of multiquoting is keeping the post count down also.
Old 09-07-14, 13:09   #69
RasTa

Quote:
Originally Posted by plumberpoker View Post
You can get 25m coil of 1/2 inch copper in heatmerchants for about E80
Cheers, yeah I was on to them already. They quoted 12.50 for 5m of 8mm so guessed it was straight.

Could I force one end up without a bender?
Old 09-07-14, 13:14   #70
Emmet
Bashful the next day

Some dynamite pre game analysis here

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showt...p?t=2057245018
Old 09-07-14, 13:15   #71
Kim Huybrechts
GOAT

Quote:
What omg noooooooo!!! thats the whole point of going like

Culletons gap in Curracloe, is that just a certain part? could one swim elsewhere on the beach
Yes you'll be grand on the main beach
Thanks From:
Old 09-07-14, 13:18   #72
Strewelpeter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ionapaul View Post
Metallica... did this 'vote by text on our final song' thing which was a bit lame and seemed like a bit of a money grab.
!
A bit
What a shower of chancers.
Old 09-07-14, 13:26   #73
Gimmeabreak
Chief Tipster

not sure who highlighted it but I had brekkie in Bother Hubbards this morning. Exceedingly hipsterish and I felt a little out of place without a beard but little doubt it has a good thing going on.
Old 09-07-14, 13:26   #74
Tar.Aldarion

Send a message via MSN to Tar.Aldarion Send a message via Skype™ to Tar.Aldarion
http://www.cracked.com/video_18996_t...americans.html

soccer as viewed by americans
Old 09-07-14, 13:36   #75
tipp86
LifeNit

Quote:
NEW BBV help!

I am going away with my friend and her kid and Mia from this Sunday till Wed. Would anyone know of anywhere nice near a beach pref wexford/Waterford. home or mobile. Budget of 200 or less if possible?? I wouldnt know where to start looking
http://www.daft.ie/holiday-homes/waterford/ardmore/

I personally have always had a soft spot for Ardmore.

- You have so many beaches in the area to explore.

- Youghal is under 10 minutes away and Dungarvan 20 minutes. The two towns have fantastic restaurants that suit all budgets.

- You could easily take a trip to Fota Island (35 mins) or Cobh

- Youghal has a pretty decent Swimming pool that suits kids if the weather is shit

I know the area pretty well and if it is of any interest to you I can probably give you a guide on how good/bad a location is if you see a house that is of interest. It would be about 1h 30/45 from Portlaoise. You would exit the M8 at Cahir and take a scenic drive over the Vee and Lismore if you wanted.
Old 09-07-14, 13:38   #76
SatNav
Oink Oink

Quote:
Originally Posted by tipp86 View Post
http://www.daft.ie/holiday-homes/waterford/ardmore/

I personally have always had a soft spot for Ardmore.

- You have so many beaches in the area to explore.

- Youghal is under 10 minutes away and Dungarvan 20 minutes. The two towns have fantastic restaurants that suit all budgets.

- You could easily take a trip to Fota Island (35 mins) or Cobh

- Youghal has a pretty decent Swimming pool that suits kids if the weather is shit

I know the area pretty well and if it is of any interest to you I can probably give you a guide on how good/bad a location is if you see a house that is of interest. It would be about 1h 30/45 from Portlaoise. You would exit the M8 at Cahir and take a scenic drive over the Vee and Lismore if you wanted.
Have Curracloe booked now but thanks a mil anyway. Might try that another time
Old 09-07-14, 13:39   #77
plumberpoker

Quote:
Originally Posted by RasTa View Post
Cheers, yeah I was on to them already. They quoted 12.50 for 5m of 8mm so guessed it was straight.

Could I force one end up without a bender?
I've only ever used 8mm in flexi copper which is easily bent by hand.
8mm is very light your link showed 3/8 which would be closer to 1/2 inch which is a good bit heavier.
Thanks From:
Old 09-07-14, 13:49   #78
Dice75
Bringing the Mac

http://www.breakingnews.ie/discover/...th-635788.html

Poor Dunnes Stores.

I see The Roisin Dubh were doing a Semi-Final promo last night similar to Hatedajacks one. Every German goal scored & Erdinger dropped by 50c a Pint (Started at €4). Wonder what would have happened if Germany scored an eight? Nine and they might have paid you to drink

2017 LIVE IRISH POKER RANKINGS

Last edited by Dice75; 09-07-14 at 13:57.
Thanks From:
Old 09-07-14, 14:08   #79
gorrrr72

http://www.breakingnews.ie/discover/...na-635819.html

Pretty ironic, but it looks like he will actually "survive" so I guess that's ok.
Thanks From:
Old 09-07-14, 14:08   #80
Denny Crane
Undefeated

Quote:
Originally Posted by ionapaul View Post

Wasn't particularly impressed with Metallica, had been pretty excited but the crowd wasn't up for it at all, plus they did this 'vote by text on our final song' thing which was a bit lame and seemed like a bit of a money grab.

Already half thinking about going again in 2015 Will defo do a hotel package again if so, too old to go without some comforts for a full weekend!
I suspect that seeing them at a festival doesn't do them justice...plus you need to be right up the front and feel the pyrotechnics for proper experience!

Was it a premium number? Their current tour is by request, the ticket holders vote online free for what songs they want; surprising to see them try and milk it like that.

Thanks From:
Closed Thread

Irish Poker Boards > Poker > General Poker