Register Arcade FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Irish Poker Boards > Poker > General Poker
Closed Thread

Old 09-07-14, 10:26   #41
Emmet
Bashful the next day

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denny Crane View Post
Hmmm, seems someone has booked flights and accommodation to Lanzarote using my email address.

What's good to do in Lanzarote?
Pirate's Cove
Old 09-07-14, 10:27   #42
SatNav
Oink Oink

Send a message via MSN to SatNav
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denny Crane View Post
Hmmm, seems someone has booked flights and accommodation to Lanzarote using my email address.

What's good to do in Lanzarote?
What part? any kids going?
Old 09-07-14, 10:27   #43
Emmet
Bashful the next day

Watched this documentary at the weekend. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0486358/

Absolutely 100% terrifying.

Maybe the scariest film I've ever seen because it's real.
2 Thanks From:
Old 09-07-14, 10:29   #44
Kim Huybrechts
GOAT

Hotel Curracloe is nice, 5 minute walk from beach/entertainment arcade top class food. Defo better than those Waterford cunts, they eat their own down there

Pirates cove amd courtown in general is 20/25 min drive on bad roads unless you come back to the main road and then it's 30/35 min

Last edited by Kim Huybrechts; 09-07-14 at 10:32.
2 Thanks From:
Old 09-07-14, 10:32   #45
Starvin Marvin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle SatNav View Post
now things to do for kids around wexford?
http://www.leisuremax.ie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmet View Post
Pirate's Cove
That's 30-40 minutes drive from Wexford.
None of the 'black disabled lesbian warbling backwards' stuff that the other players inflicted on me.
Thanks From:
Old 09-07-14, 10:34   #46
Kim Huybrechts
GOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starvin Marvin View Post
http://www.leisuremax.ie

Leisure max is 20 minutes from curracloe minimum
Old 09-07-14, 10:38   #47
Starvin Marvin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter Mitty View Post
Leisure max is 20 minutes from curracloe minimum
Presume she'll have a car.

Nothing even works in that shit arcade in curracloe.
None of the 'black disabled lesbian warbling backwards' stuff that the other players inflicted on me.
Old 09-07-14, 10:39   #48
Emmet
Bashful the next day

Quote:
Quote:
Old 09-07-14, 10:41   #49
Kim Huybrechts
GOAT

Quote:

There's a fruit machine in Furlongs and pat is always good for a bit of entertainment.

This place is close by http://www.fundays.ie/blackwater-open-farm
Thanks From:
Old 09-07-14, 10:42   #50
AndyFatBastard
Pudgy Bastard

WWN hitting it out of the park as usual:

http://waterfordwhispersnews.com/201...an-accomplish/
Old 09-07-14, 10:49   #51
SatNav
Oink Oink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter Mitty View Post
Hotel Curracloe is nice, 5 minute walk from beach/entertainment arcade top class food. Defo better than those Waterford cunts, they eat their own down there

Pirates cove amd courtown in general is 20/25 min drive on bad roads unless you come back to the main road and then it's 30/35 min
Its great to know there are bargains to be got somewhere. It works out about 18 e per night per person with breakfast for 3 nights, thats unreal and that beach is awesome!
Old 09-07-14, 10:50   #52
ionapaul

Back late on Monday night from five days in Belgium, four of which were spent at Rock Werchter 2014. An absolutely awesome time was had, the length of the festival and the long days were tough enough on the wife and me, us being the wrong side of 30 after all, but so worth it in the end. We had access to the Rock Werchter Terrace, which was basically the first level of VIP hospitality, for the entire festival as part of our official hotel package, along with a few hundred others - it was a life-saver, wouldn't have lasted the pace without it. It basically was like a refuge in the heart of the madness, chairs and deck chairs both out in the sun and in the shade/under cover for hiding from either the mid-day sun or the occasional torrential downpour on Saturday or Sunday. There was also a massive private bar with better drinks than were available to the masses, a coffee dock, gourmet burger place, secure lockers and private access to the outside world and the coaches that brought us to and from our hotels. Oh, and also loads of fancy toilet facilities, regularly cleaned, which I imagine were a world removed from the portaloos the 'regular' festival goers had to deal with!

No real idea of the amount of our package went towards paying for access to the terrace, which also seemed to host a few hundred low-level VIPs, but whatever it was, it was very well worth it! Would definitely have been happy to pay a few hundred for four day access in hindsight.

The music highlight was definitely a 2.5 hour set by Pearl Jam, Eddie was on fire, the crowd went ballistic and the set-list ruled. Other highlights were Haim, Eels, The Strypes (these young lads can both play and act the part!), The Arctic Monkeys, Foals, Rodrigo Y Gabriella and my almost-as-good-as-Pearl-Jam 2nd favourite, Robert Plant and the Sensational Space Shifters. Plant was the only artist, apart from a main headliner, who did an encore, as the crowd went mad for the entirety of the set... they opened with an awesome, amazing version of Babe I'm Gonna Leave You, and even the most obscure stuff they did was great.

Wasn't particularly impressed with Metallica, had been pretty excited but the crowd wasn't up for it at all, plus they did this 'vote by text on our final song' thing which was a bit lame and seemed like a bit of a money grab.

Already half thinking about going again in 2015 Will defo do a hotel package again if so, too old to go without some comforts for a full weekend!
Old 09-07-14, 10:54   #53
SatNav
Oink Oink

just called the hotel to confirm and was told there is a family night monday and wed, disco for the kids etc. jesus I am delighted with that!! lol
Old 09-07-14, 10:58   #54
Keane
Martingale Enthusiast

Send a message via MSN to Keane
Old 09-07-14, 10:58   #55
Emmet
Bashful the next day

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
WWN hitting it out of the park as usual:

http://waterfordwhispersnews.com/201...an-accomplish/
Constantly impressed with them

http://waterfordwhispersnews.com/201...phile-scandal/

This though is just incredible. It's perfect.

http://waterfordwhispersnews.com/201...is-depression/
2 Thanks From:
Old 09-07-14, 11:02   #56
Kim Huybrechts
GOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle SatNav View Post
just called the hotel to confirm and was told there is a family night monday and wed, disco for the kids etc. jesus I am delighted with that!! lol
Curracloe is similar to the Vatican. You should seek out it's leader Pat Furlong, proprietor of the curracloe roadhouse, about 50 yards from the hotel. Nice chipper attached aswell
2 Thanks From:
Old 09-07-14, 11:05   #57
Laois Hammer
Irish Iron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
14.7 million views of the previous three BBV threads.

41.5 views per post in BBV1
35.4 views per post in BBV2
34.5 views per post in BBV3

Good element of consistency in BBV2-3, well done everyone
While the lurk element stays consistent the posts per day is in a serious decline

BBV1 Lifespan

BBV2 Lifespan

BBV3 Lifespan

There seems to have been a 21 minute overlap back in 2012 where there was 2 BBVs open at the same time.
During the overlap DeapParrot was posting this in BBV2

While over in BB3 others had been enjoying this for 16mins

--

GL BB4

Old 09-07-14, 11:14   #58
Starvin Marvin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmet View Post

15 small
35 big
Old 09-07-14, 11:18   #59
Strewelpeter

Quote:
Summer of 1977 while being subjected to two weeks in a mobile home there, I trolled the absolute crap out of everyone else in that arcade.
I used all the money at my disposal (mostly from pwning the pool table and the proceeds from a 2 year old my Uncle was racing that won a couple of times) to take full control of the juke box for more or less every hour the place was open to play on loop the only two tracks on it that weren't utter shite.

Old 09-07-14, 11:18   #60
shortstack

Quote:
Originally Posted by ionapaul View Post
Back late on Monday night from five days in Belgium, four of which were spent at Rock Werchter 2014. An absolutely awesome time was had, the length of the festival and the long days were tough enough on the wife and me, us being the wrong side of 30 after all, but so worth it in the end. We had access to the Rock Werchter Terrace, which was basically the first level of VIP hospitality, for the entire festival as part of our official hotel package, along with a few hundred others - it was a life-saver, wouldn't have lasted the pace without it. It basically was like a refuge in the heart of the madness, chairs and deck chairs both out in the sun and in the shade/under cover for hiding from either the mid-day sun or the occasional torrential downpour on Saturday or Sunday. There was also a massive private bar with better drinks than were available to the masses, a coffee dock, gourmet burger place, secure lockers and private access to the outside world and the coaches that brought us to and from our hotels. Oh, and also loads of fancy toilet facilities, regularly cleaned, which I imagine were a world removed from the portaloos the 'regular' festival goers had to deal with!

No real idea of the amount of our package went towards paying for access to the terrace, which also seemed to host a few hundred low-level VIPs, but whatever it was, it was very well worth it! Would definitely have been happy to pay a few hundred for four day access in hindsight.

The music highlight was definitely a 2.5 hour set by Pearl Jam, Eddie was on fire, the crowd went ballistic and the set-list ruled. Other highlights were Haim, Eels, The Strypes (these young lads can both play and act the part!), The Arctic Monkeys, Foals, Rodrigo Y Gabriella and my almost-as-good-as-Pearl-Jam 2nd favourite, Robert Plant and the Sensational Space Shifters. Plant was the only artist, apart from a main headliner, who did an encore, as the crowd went mad for the entirety of the set... they opened with an awesome, amazing version of Babe I'm Gonna Leave You, and even the most obscure stuff they did was great.

Wasn't particularly impressed with Metallica, had been pretty excited but the crowd wasn't up for it at all, plus they did this 'vote by text on our final song' thing which was a bit lame and seemed like a bit of a money grab.

Already half thinking about going again in 2015 Will defo do a hotel package again if so, too old to go without some comforts for a full weekend!
Slummed it in the main camping area with MrPillowTalk, Gholimoli and some non poker playing friends. Was my second time there and camping facilities definitely better than most places. Might consider the VIP hotel next time - how long was the coach trip? Any craic to be had back at the hotel?

Pearl Jam and Robert Plant were my two favourite sets also. Was my first time seeing Metallica even though been a fan from the beginning, this might of made it seem better to me for nostalgia reasons. They only matched Pearl Jam on their big tracks whereas Pearl Jam were consistently amazing throughout. Royal Blood were my top "new act". Artic Monkeys phoned it in and Black Keys were a little disappointing but it was hammering it down during their set. Kings Of Leon also put in a good show, better than the last time I saw them there.

The clash with Pixies was annoying. As was the fact you could only get one type of beer, coke and water at most of the regular bars. We found a wine bar & jack daniels/mojito bar but too far from stages to use while watching acts.

Still a great festival - probably only going to bettered by the one we are running in a few weeks

www.d4events.com
Thanks From:
Closed Thread

Irish Poker Boards > Poker > General Poker